Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

My inner muppet is slightly dissappointed that this thread might be locked up before even hitting 500 pages :lol: :(

Thought it had potential to rival the 1100 page Pogba thread

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he means when Pogba left Juventus, in which case Sancho to United is the equivalent.
Annoyingly City have Chelsea’s version of that scenario, bloody KDB.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Lash I just read The Guardian article again and it states that we will pay a further €20m in performance related add ons. And those add ons I presume will be achievable if BVB do accept.

Teja

We just need a catchy acronym now. JAM? MMS? RMS?

Either way, it's on! :drool::drool:

Lentwood

£90m is a steal for Sancho. £110m is a steal for Sancho.

Forget this 'COVID marketplace' stuff...that certainly applies at a lower level but it doesn't apply when you're in a competitive market for a premium asset. The price of Ferrari's or Picasso's won't go down because of COVID...

Smithy89

I only care what happens on the field, his price tag and price of other players mean absolutely nothing to me and it shouldn't to most fans. Honestly baffles me how fans talk and moan about prices.

lysglimt

Scout
Imagine at least one of Rashford. Martial, Greenwood or Sancho always available on the bench (at least 9 times out of 10) - now we are talking depth up front :)

King Eric 7

I only care what happens on the field, his price tag and price of other players mean absolutely nothing to me and it shouldn't to most fans. Honestly baffles me how fans talk and moan about prices.
This is the stage we are in now. Deal is almost done. Some muppets will now be focussing on the flipping price tag. It will go on and on until he's unveiled as our player.

MDFC Manager

Its quite amazing that that at 20, he's still got plenty of development left in him. Exciting times!

Smithy89

Imagine at least one of Rashford. Martial, Greenwood or Sancho always available on the bench (at least 9 times out of 10) - now we are talking depth up front :)

Amazing depth, just need it now in midfield and defence. Which Ole is hopefully building towards.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
@Lash I just read The Guardian article again and it states that we will pay a further €20m in performance related add ons. And those add ons I presume will be achievable if BVB do accept.
Oh ok. Thanks, I couldn't be bothered to create a free account :lol: .

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
£90m is a steal for Sancho. £110m is a steal for Sancho.
Forget this 'COVID marketplace' stuff...that certainly applies at a lower level but it doesn't apply when you're in a competitive market for a premium asset. The price of Ferrari's or Picasso's won't go down because of COVID...
you've just contradicted yourself.

The reason we are getting him for a 'steal price' is because of the deflated covid19 football economy.

Smithy89

This is the stage we are in now. Deal is almost done. Some muppets will now be focussing on the flipping price tag. It will go on and on until he's unveiled as our player.
And even further once he has a bad few games, it'll get flung in his face by our own fans.

Offsideagain

He’s still only 20! I guess Woodward is being cautious to avoid another Memphis Depay scenario plus BVD know they have us by the short and curries. Reckon the published fee will be £90m plus add ins but we’ll pay in instalments. It would help if we got Sanchez off the books ASAP.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he as roughly as good as Ronaldo was after 4 years with us? The year before he scored 40+ goals?
Not sure he will get close to those figures, he's a slightly different player.

More involved in the build up, and more of an assister. Don't go expecting a goal a game like Ronaldo.

Smithy89

My inner muppet is slightly dissappointed that this thread might be locked up before even hitting 500 pages :lol: :(

Thought it had potential to rival the 1100 page Pogba thread

Back in my lurking days, the Sneijder one was amazing viewing.

pacifictheme

He’s still only 20! I guess Woodward is being cautious to avoid another Memphis Depay scenario plus BVD know they have us by the short and curries. Reckon the published fee will be £90m plus add ins but we’ll pay in instalments. It would help if we got Sanchez off the books ASAP.
Allegedly he is inter bound this week.

zenith

I've been imaging how we play with a front 3 of Sancho, rashford and martial for weeks together now and getting giddy at the prospect.

Can't effing wait for this.

With greenwood and James from the bench and pogba and bruno feeding from midfield.

Talk about watching football being a joy again

VanGaalEra

yes. The he scored 18 goals I think.
Ronaldo was insane that season, think he scored around 25 overall and his ability to pick the ball up and dribble/sprint half the pitch is something I haven’t seen much of. If Sancho is at that level, I don’t think he’s there yet, then we’re in for a treat.

Ronaldo 06/07 is one of my personal favourites from a player ever.

RUCK4444

:lol: This! I'm sure many on this forum have in fact discussed the price of Sancho MORE than Ed Woodward has. Let that sink in.

tjb

We've finally seen the template of the marketplace during COVID. Prices will not drop for top talent....teams will simply change how they pay for the players. Maybe by significantly reducing initial fees. All that talk about cheaper fees was simplistic thinking, particularly for players deemed valuable.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Here we go!

Personal terms are not a problem - his contract would be until June 2025.
It's always a mark of his sources that he puts his neck on the line to such an extent and is bold enough to even state contract length. All the others will now parrot him despite not being the ones to get the scoop.

His wages could send ripples around the club as Pogba's re-negotiations are very probably underway and Fernandes will be up for payrise, too. Rashford, despite having not long gotten a new contract, must surely be curious, too.

£300k p/w would not be a surprise. Interested in seeing the breakdown, if we're privy to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.