Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

They're entitled to ask whatever but given the current economic situation, all this nonsense about 'winning' does not sit well with me.

It's not like we're refusing to pay them 120m, we just want a standard structure in instalments. I dont' see how any of what I said there is unreasonable.
That was an article by a less than reputable paper that classified them as ‘winning’. And if they want all the money up front they can ask for all the money upfront. It isn’t bitchy.

VanGaalEra

I see Jan’s tweeting again, basically telling us nothing has been briefed today. Thanks for that update.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That was an article by a less than reputable paper that classified them as ‘winning’. And if they want all the money up front they can ask for all the money upfront. It isn’t bitchy.
The fact they're demanding the full payment upfront is unreasonable. You seem to dislike the word I used but the point is pretty damn valid. So stop bitching about my use of words and focus on the meaning behind the post.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I see Jan’s tweeting again, basically telling us nothing has been briefed today. Thanks for that update.
His daily briefings are about as useful as the PM's useless ones over the covid

Le Red

It does drive us nuts. Apart from people who think he’s doing stuff at a relatively normal speed and he actually gets good deals these days.... it’s not like they’ve been planning this deal for at least a year or covid hasn’t been a factor since March. To me It always feels like when we go to a club we are trying to get this great deal that never quite comes off
Delaying negotiations is a valid tactic when used properly. It's when time is pressing the opposite party or you have some other leverage that it can be effective.
When it comes to our negotiators, it seems they are guided by a belief that delaying is effective by itself.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We have mocked Roma for them not paying what we wanted, we can't then turn around and cry about injustice when Dortmund stay headstrong on their valuation. That's what they value their asset at, there's either a buyer, or there isn't.
its never that simple, and that's why these things drag on. Dortmund have a dilemma here which is far more complex than 'we get £Xm or we keep him'. They know that his value will diminish significantly after this window because his contract is ticking down, so its all well and good saying 'great! We keep Sancho!' if this falls through because its going to cost them tens of millions to keep him for another year. This is the window where this players value has peaked. It won't come around again.

Added to that this player is a human being. One that has reportedly already agreed terms to join another club back in his home country. How will he be affected mentally if this falls through? Only the club and the player can answer that, but it is certainly a factor.

Thats why this drags on and will continue to do so, most likely. Both sides are waiting to see who blinks first, but eventually someone will give up some key point they are arguing over because they need time to find a replacement or United need time to look elsewhere. Perhaps they already have but other clubs are making progress with these targets.

Who knows. There will be a lot of moving parts here. Id love to be a fly on the wall in these meetings

Fooza

Sorry lads, doubt is creeping in, I'm trying to stay positive but I can't..

Am I the only that's worried that sometime soon all foreign journos will report that we've pulled out and moving on? For me that is just as likely.

It wouldn't surprise me if we do, and it wouldn't surprise me that Dortmund will remain stubborn on this. Hope our plan B and C is just as good, we can't be going to into another season without a right winger, even though Greenwood has been a revelation.

macheda14

The fact they're demanding the full payment upfront is unreasonable. You seem to dislike the word I used but the point is pretty damn valid. So stop bitching about my use of words and focus on the meaning behind the post.
You’ve just surmised that I dislike the use of the word. I don’t agree with what you are saying. It isn’t unreasonable if they want it upfront then they want it upfront. Leicester and Palace wanted it up front. We paid it upfront. Yes there is Covid but Dortmund don’t really want to sell their star player. So either they get exactly what they want or they don’t sell.

You just sound like a cliche of an entitled united fan that oppo fans pretend we have (well now they seem to be proven right).

crackers0seven

I want this transfer to happen, I believe it will. Dortumd will have to drop the price. Hand will be well weakened if they have him next year with one Yr left. I like that we aren't being bullied. On the plus side if we didn't get him this summer, Mason gets more mins for season coming and develops more. Then next summer we get jadon, I believe he wants to move to us, that's if we still want him of course after 12months more of Mason. Also if we miss out this summer, big chunk of money to spend elsewhere like a centre half to start. Utd are on the up, gone are signings like alexis. Now ole, Ed and Co are moving in one direction. Fingers crossed it happens, but all is not lost if not.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
As much as I’d love Sancho at the club I don’t think we should be held to ranson. It’s a stupid amount In this climate and our defence needs fixing first. Chelsa signed Werner for half of what Dortmund are asking.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

Am I the only that's worried that sometime soon all foreign journos will report that we've pulled out and moving on? For me that is just as likely.

It wouldn't surprise me if we do, and it wouldn't surprise me that Dortmund will remain stubborn on this. Hope our plan B and C is just as good, we can't be going to into another season without a right winger, even though Greenwood has been a revelation.
It’s over.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

@Fooza has spoken. The dream is over :(

Fooza

@Fooza has spoken. The dream is over :(
:lol: I'm getting nightmares of refreshing twitter and seeing Fabrizio and Christian Falk tweets that we have moved on. I'm not getting sucked in, our hopes and dreams are lying on their shoulders

RedDevilRoshi

As much as I’d love Sancho at the club I don’t think we should be held to ranson. It’s a stupid amount In this climate and our defence needs fixing first. Chelsea signed Werner for half of what Dortmund are asking.
Reason why Chelsea got Werner for that amount was because he had a £49M release clause that was due to expire.

VanGaalEra

:lol: I'm getting nightmares of refreshing twitter and seeing Fabrizio and Christian Falk tweets that we have moved on. I'm not getting sucked in, our hopes and dreams are lying on their shoulders
They are the absolute worst tweets ever, moving on.:( I remember the Griezmann briefing

Fooza

If you gonna play the negotiating game, you have to be willing to walk away...

120M is stoopid money
Not for me, 120m in installments of 70, 30 20 is ideal ( according to reports). Allows us to spend a little more, including the money we will get on sales.

Sancho will be a prospect, he will only improve and get even better, and his value will too.

GazTheLegend

It's done.

Dortmund are just finding a replacement with the money we've guaranteed before we make things official.

If clubs know they have (say) 90 million to spend then they will be fleeced themselves.

So relax.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The tweet says a good deal anyway because covid would have disappeared.

And the bold part - They sell all their assets anyway, Must be one annoying club to follow. In fact I remember having a back and fourth with someone in here about the way Dortmund is run. the person was adamant the days of Dortmund selling players was over and yet here we are with them happy to sell Sancho at a price. If this deal goes through, it means they need a new winger and they also need a Hakimi replacement. How are they meant to catch Bayern at this rate?
No, not really. One of the best stadiums in the world (visiting it around half a dozen times a season are always highlights for me), great away fans, offensive minded football, the occasional trophy, constant influx of exciting youth talent which are a tteat for someone who has interest in youth football, run by competent people. People do realize that there are like 98% of football clubs in the world which are worse off than Borussia Dortmund, right? Clubs in leagues of little relevance, clubs in major leagues that fight reelgation every season, clubs which don´t even play top league football...

There is football beneath the absolute elite worth folllowing, football clubs worth supporting, be it because of the values they stand for, proxmitiy or emotional attachment. I have been a supporter since I first laid my eyes on the yellow wall as 4 year old with a mass of nearly 20k people jumping up and down in one smooth motion sending small quakes through a behemoth of a stadium. You think that having to replace one or two top players each season is that annoying? I ran around with dread in my belly as a teenager for months following the news, waiting for the grave news to drop that the club I followed closely for more than a decade would cease to exist because it was run down financially by greedy and corrupt managers. In 2020 we are the sesond richest club in the country, being so financially stable that even a global catastrophy can´t shake the foundation (in contrast to many other less fortunate clubs fighting for their existence right now) , being a club which does the exact same thing to lower tiered clubs that United attempts right now,: signing their star player.

So it would be wise to tone down the elitism a notch.

kopviolator

Not for me, 120m in installments of 70, 30 20 is ideal ( according to reports). Allows us to spend a little more, including the money we will get on sales.

Sancho will be a prospect, he will only improve and get even better, and his value will too.
It's not stupid to you because it's not your money. Fact of the matter is you never know how the player is going to work out. I mean I'm sure he'll be excellent, but then again I thought the same about Dembele, Griezman, Joao Felix and Coutinho - all of who cost about the same.

And if he really wants to join, which he supposedly does, then a possibility is to play the long game because in a years time he wont be worth half of what they're quoting today with a year left of his contract.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Would feel bad for Sancho - who seems to want to come here but I hope our folks indeed tell Dortmund to get fecked if we re getting some outrageous demand. Would be even more beautiful if we got another player lined up for the same position.

We may not have always bought the right players, but you can't say our club hasn't been able to get some massive high stakes transfers to go through. In woodie I trust... Or something.

Fooza

It's not stupid to you because it's not your money. Fact of the matter is you never know how the player is going to work out. I mean I'm sure he'll be excellent, but then again I thought the same about Dembele, Griezman, Joao Felix and Coutinho - all of who cost about the same.

And if he really wants to join, which he supposedly does, then a possibility is to play the long game because in a years time he wont be worth half of what they're quoting today with a year left of his contract.
Like you said, he will be excellent, I'm sure of it for a few reasons, first it's under Ole, he will know how to get the best out of his talent and second, he will slot in seamlessly in the right position playing with Rashford and Martial. Yes you can wait another year and maybe pay half the price, but at the same time competing with other teams like Real Madrid, Liverpool, Juventus and Barcelona. Do you think he will choose us over them? It's just as risky, as much risk as taking a 120m punt on him, I know which one I'd go for.

Squeaky Bumtime

You don't have to apologize for that.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
No its not. Joao Felix cost €126
Technically that wasnt his market cost. It was his release clause. Athletico didn’t want to take a chance and find what his market value would be. For example Griezmann has a 700m release clause. If someone pays that that’s not his market value. Anyone can get him for less than a 100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.