Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

Read the thread title wondering what cryptic message were people reading into this time. Discovered it's literally white smoke over Old Trafford :lol:

Skåre Willoch

I think he has a theory that Sancho will be announced at 7PM (UK time) on the 7th.

I also think he'll be disappointed.
I know I'll be disappointed. About the video not being cool enough at 7PM.

But in all seriousness, I really don't think it'll happen today. Or tomorrow. There's no theory involved at all. It's just a tiny nugget of hope.

stevoc

A year and a half is not that short a period though, especially with loans out.

It's every summer saying Jones, Lingard, Mata, Rojo, Pereira etc that gets me. Every year we say they need to go, and every year none do.
Will we shift even 1 of that mob this summer?
Realistically we should be shifting them all asap as they're all getting old, injury prone, shit or a combination of those.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not sure why people think white smoke is due to Sancho, there could be drills happening for health and safety, there were the fake explosives found during a game once from a drill, there are plenty of reasons why.

Just because its the 7th and theres a theory about the number being given on that day has some causal relationship with white smoke is bizarre.
I dont think anyone is taking it seriously mate :lol:

No Love

This one?
Yeah. Immediately prior he outlined that, to him, it had been described as a ‘game of poker’ and ‘who will blink first?’. He did however say that a deal for Sancho would not break our wage structure, as some reports suggested. He seemed to think nothing was imminent though and that Sancho would be joining Dortmund on their pre season training camp.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I know I'll be disappointed. About the video not being cool enough at 7PM.

But in all seriousness, I really don't think it'll happen today. Or tomorrow. There's no theory involved at all. It's just a tiny nugget of hope.
Fair enough mate, hate to be a muppet slayer to kill that small hope but I agree I don't think it will happen today.

davidmichael

He should be higher up these worst signings lists.

Apart from one short spell looking vaguely decent at centre back, he's been utterly dreadful when occasionally even on the pitch. And to think we basically had to pay and give Nani away into the bargain. Horrible.
I think it’s that brief spell he had alongside Jones when somehow both stayed fit for a couple of months and formed a good partnership that keeps him off the worst signings ever list but he’d be high up otherwise for dure

Are they linked with any replacements?
Jonathan Ikone and Depay are the two main players they’re linked with as Sancho’s replacement from what I’ve seen but they’ve also got that young Reyna there already too.

Donald Silverbridge

My last post of the day, SSN said our wage structure won't be broken by Jadon Sancho, I hope he joins us, He's a world-class that will improve us in my opinion.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It’s a bit different to Dembele. If I remember rightly Dortmund wanted to keep him for another year, but he went on strike to force through the move hence the exorbitant fee. With Sancho they’ve agreed he can leave. They’re more than willing sellers provided the cash is stumped up.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Dan Brown could make a new novel out of the conspiracy / hidden symbol stuff caftards latch onto during our transfer sagas.

Chapter 36

Professor Langdon pushed his spectacles further up his nose and squinted hard at the image on his cell phone screen. He frowned, paused, then moved the image closer to his face.

"There's definitely something here, I just can't quite make out its meaning yet" said Langdon.

Michael looked skeptically at Langdon, "Are you sure? There's really something there? It's not just a coincidence?" he asked.

"Son, I've been in this transfer muppet game for 20 years and I'm telling you that this instagram image of Sancho he's signalling something with his fingers, looks like an M and a numerical 1... I just don't know what it... wait... M 1, M 1.... shit... that's part of the postcode for Manchester, England... could it be...?"

Suddenly the glass of the office window shattered and exploded inwards; sending jagged shards flying in all directions. Seconds later, as the two now prone figures of Langdon and Michael began to recover, they looked up to see big Ed Woodward standing over them with a gun in his left hand.

"Give me the cellphone" big Ed demanded gesturing at Langdon with the pistol.

[To be continued until October 5th]

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Realistically we should be shifting them all asap as they're all getting old, injury prone, shit or a combination of those.
We need to stop ludicrously renewing their deals. The idea of it "Holding" their value is idiotic in any context beyond falsely creating value on a balance sheet.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Dan Brown could make a new novel out of the conspiracy / hidden symbol stuff caftards latch onto during our transfer sagas.

Chapter 36

Professor Langdon pushed his spectacles further up his nose and squinted hard at the image on his cell phone screen. He frowned, paused, then moved the image closer to his face.

"There's definitely something here, I just can't quite make out its meaning yet" said Langdon.

Michael looked skeptically at Langdon, "Are you sure? There's really something there? It's not just a coincidence?" he asked.

"Son, I've been in this transfer muppet game for 20 years and I'm telling you that this instagram image of Sancho he's signalling something with his fingers, looks like an M and a numerical 1... I just don't know what it... wait... M 1, M 1.... shit... that's part of the postcode for Manchester, England... could it be...?"

Suddenly the glass of the office window shattered and exploded inwards; sending jagged shards flying in all directions. Seconds later, as the two now prone figures of Langdon and Michael began to recover, they looked up to see big Ed Woodward standing over them with a gun in his left hand.

"Give me the cellphone" big Ed demanded gesturing at Langdon with the pistol.

[To be continued until October 5th]
I would like to purchase this book? Where may I find it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sancho may be our only “big name signing”. Perhaps, the likes of Badiashile/Gabriel or VDB are not classified as “big name targets”.
Yeah but he said we only have one target which I'm sure is bollocks.
I would say the opposite to be honest - if we have a budget limited to £100-150m as previously reported then I could see it being spent on a "generational" talent such as Sancho who may not be available at any other window when others have recovered financially, rather than bringing in 2 or 3 others for other positions.
We aren't spending £150m on Sancho though. Its likely 120m EUR. Moreover we will shift a few players, which will add to the kitty.

I’d believe it to be honest. No way we’re signing more than 1 more after Sancho, covid has impacted us. I’d be fairly ok with just Sancho.
That would go against what more credible journalists have said to be honest. It was already well reported we were interested in Ake, although not interested enough to make him an immediate priority before wrapping up Sancho. That tells us we'd like a center back as a minimum. Other reports say we will cool Grealish until Sancho is done.

swred

Maybe the white smoke is the fax machine having a meltdown again?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Next tweet: Clubs couldn't agree a fee... normal mate

Bocca9978

A year and a half is not that short a period though, especially with loans out.

It's every summer saying Jones, Lingard, Mata, Rojo, Pereira etc that gets me. Every year we say they need to go, and every year none do.
Will we shift even 1 of that mob this summer?
Poor Jones :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

With Smalling coming back and Mengi starting to get a game for the senior squad I don’t think we’ll be buying a centre back. It’s clear that Jones and Rojo aren’t wanted and will be given to anyone that’ll take them but Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly when fit, Tuanzebe and Mengi is us well stocked at centre back.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t go for a defensive midfielder if we get Sancho done in the next week or two with the window open til October unless Garner is going to be given a proper first team run of games next season and Ole is hoping he’ll do something similar to Greenwood this season or at the very least similar to Williams.
Smalling is back out of circumstance. We wanted Roma to pay a small fee and they couldn't oblige. It is also reported he wants playing time so as much as I'd personally want to keep him, I don't think we will refrain from accepting bids from other clubs. Mengi came on for 10 mins for a game we were up 5-1 in, I wouldn't read anything into that.

el3mel

Smalling is back out of circumstance. We wanted Roma to pay a small fee and they couldn't oblige. It is also reported he wants playing time so as much as I'd personally want to keep him, I don't think we will refrain from accepting bids from other clubs. Mengi came on for 10 mins for a game we were up 5-1 in, I wouldn't read anything into that.
I really can't see us buying a CB at all this summer. Maguire and Lindelof have Ole's full trust, any other CB will be just for the bench.

romufc

I don't understand the constant tweeting to Fabrizio, the deal this big, if and when it is done, will be leaked out to United journalists surely?

We just coming across desperate, nagging a journalist for updates.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well as long as it's quiet it means negotiations are still going on. He's not going to tweet that every day to be fair. :D
Talks on is obviously a good thing. That means a deal is being worked on and finalised.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don't understand the constant tweeting to Fabrizio, the deal this big, if and when it is done, will be leaked out to United journalists surely?

We just coming across desperate, nagging a journalist for updates.
Not sure “we” are the same as 16 year old player fan account e reds.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I really can't see us buying a CB at all this summer. Maguire and Lindelof have Ole's full trust, any other CB will be just for the bench.
Lindelof has improved this year, no doubt, but I don't think he's quite at the level we require. For Maguire to be truly effective, he needs a pacy CB alongside him to make up for his own lack of pace.

I'd be disappointed if we don't at least look at options in that department.

swred

If this was off, we'd have found out by now, hopefully it's announced at 7pm this evening to take the shine off the CL games.

keithsingleton

If this the case it will be a very bad error of judgement by Ole. We need CB more than Sancho in my opinion, obviously both would be nice.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

With Smalling coming back and Mengi starting to get a game for the senior squad I don’t think we’ll be buying a centre back. It’s clear that Jones and Rojo aren’t wanted and will be given to anyone that’ll take them but Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly when fit, Tuanzebe and Mengi is us well stocked at centre back.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t go for a defensive midfielder if we get Sancho done in the next week or two with the window open til October unless Garner is going to be given a proper first team run of games next season and Ole is hoping he’ll do something similar to Greenwood this season or at the very least similar to Williams.
Probably the first to call this and I m not a insider. Sancho will blow most of our budget. We will have probably about £40m to spend after we acquire him because we have been spending a lot of money recently with no success beside advertisement. Sancho, plus one signing I believe. Not sure if that signing will be high profile, but I cants see us getting Sancho and Grelish, which would have made us more stronger depth wise in the attack. Which is why I like my idea better.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Aint that the truth! They seem to have the wrong logic about not selling to rivals cheaply!
I mean, I get that this has become a meme at this point and memes don´t necessarily hold much truth, but declaring them as such is just asking to have that argument being ripped apart.

You wanna know how many players Dortmund actively sold (as in actually agreeing to a deal) to Bayern Munich over the last 15 years? One. A single player, who came originally out of Munichs academy and turned out to be a bargain. A player who was allowed to return to his boyhood club eight years later for 35 Mil. €, which made him given his contract situation (one year left) the most expensive defender of his kind in Europe until that point.

How the hell is that selling to rivals cheaply?

Status
Not open for further replies.