Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

First off this is a McGarry story so buckets of salt all round.

He's claiming the total is in fact €110m and not €120m as reported everywhere else.

They are saying United offered €80m upfront with €30m in add-ons and this was agreed in principal as this is what he went with on the pod last week.

The claim is that now Dortmund want €90m upfront with €20m in add-ons. They reckon Dortmund will go with 80/30 eventually.

So the 10m increase they are talking about is part of a total which is 10m less than what is being reported everywhere else.

Mihai

People say this, but when was the last time we were this close to spending this much and then walked away? In the last 5 years we’ve spent crazy amounts of money on Pogba, Lukaku and Maguire
The poster you replied to is one of the biggest WUMs on redcafe when it comes to transfers.

davidmichael

Don't totally agree with this as I think a lot depends on outgoings. If Lingard, Mata, Smalling, Jones, Dalot and friends end up being sold, there will be some replacements. They may be lower profile signings like Gabriel, but they will be replaced.
In an ideal world we’d clear Jones, Rojo, Dalot, Mata, Lingard and Pereira like we have with Darmian, Young, Sanchez and Lukaku then replace them with right profile of player but it’s not an ideal world due to the pandemic and also the fact that we seem to be able to only work on one deal at a time at all times and right we’re fully working on the biggest transfer in our clubs history.

I find Fjortoft quite irritating but unfortunately I can see this being right as I think it’d take us 2-3 windows to shift the players we want too whilst adding to the squad at the same time, we’ve not really seen any of our deadwood linked with anyone at all even in rumours in joke papers let alone respected tier one journalists.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
In an ideal world we’d clear Jones, Rojo, Dalot, Mata, Lingard and Pereira like we have with Darmian, Young, Sanchez and Lukaku then replace them with right profile of player but it’s not an ideal world due to the pandemic and also the fact that we seem to be able to only work on one deal at a time at all times and right we’re fully working on the biggest transfer in our clubs history.

I find Fjortoft quite irritating but unfortunately I can see this being right as I think it’d take us 2-3 windows to shift the players we want too whilst adding to the squad at the same time, we’ve not really seen any of our deadwood linked with anyone at all even in rumours in joke papers let alone respected tier one journalists.
Yeah, true. Wishful thinking maybe. Long way to go in the transfer window though so a lot can happen...or not happen.

DevilRed

No chance we make 6 signings in a window.

I'd be shocked if we made 3 this summer considering the current financial enviornment.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
120m is too high a fee in itself.

I dont think Dortmund, a selling club, would be doing themselves any favours if this true. Young, up and coming players might think twice about joining them if they start making it too difficult to get away and choose Portugal instead.
Yeah, because the large volume transfers of Dembele or Pulisic really scared the talents away, right...

Of course Dortmund take the signal nature for other talents into account. It is the prime reason why they are even willing to let go one of the best players with two years left on contract. Pretty much every club higher in the pecking order would not even make this concession. They would simply point towards the contract and shut the door right from the start.

It is not like Dortmund has become the prime destination for world class talents because of chance. They play CL pretty much every year (most of the time into the KO phases) have a state of the art training environment, play well flowing attacking foootball, have less media exposure than elite clubs, more patience with young talents and most importantly a stellar record of shaping top class talent which has also to do with the large amount of experienced high class players in the squad. Even players with enourmous talent will profit by training and playing with players like Hummels, Witsel or Reus.

Sancho himself consistently sang praises about his special connection to Marco Reus and how much impact playing with him had on his development. Talent development is so much more than just throwing youngsters on the pitch and letting them play. You need the right set up to let them thrive and Dortmund crafted this setup from the ground up and continues to nurture it. This is also why for every top talent like Sancho, Haaland, Bellingham they sign established players like Witsel, Can, Meunier alongside them to have a solid spine to develop the talents around it.

TsuWave

Personally I think it’s overplayed. Everyone has been in agreement this summer that he wants to return to the UK. Why would that change between now and next season? I suppose it depends how true that is.
Maybe wants to return to the UK if the alternative is remaining in Germany. Doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't contemplate going somewhere else, i.e Spain, especially if to some of the biggest clubs around

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe wants to return to the UK if the alternative is remaining in Germany. Doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't contemplate going somewhere else, i.e Spain, especially if to some of the biggest clubs around
No, he genuinely wants to come home to the UK.

Spain is an even bigger difference in life compared to Germany.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Probably the first to call this and I m not a insider. Sancho will blow most of our budget. We will have probably about £40m to spend after we acquire him because we have been spending a lot of money recently with no success beside advertisement. Sancho, plus one signing I believe. Not sure if that signing will be high profile, but I cants see us getting Sancho and Grelish, which would have made us more stronger depth wise in the attack. Which is why I like my idea better.
I prefer going for Sancho. He's one of those special talents that can take our attack up several notches over time. The ability he has, you just don't pass it up. Grealish is fine but he's not within a mile of Sancho. The point is that depth is easy to find. A player that gets fans of their seats (Covid aside), is much harder to get

In Rainbows

I prefer going for Sancho. He's one of those special talents that can take our attack up several notches over time. The ability he has, you just don't pass it up. Grealish is fine but he's not within a mile of Sancho. The point is that depth is easy to find. A player that gets fans of their seats (Covid aside), is much harder to get
You make exceptions for certain talents. Sancho is one of those that are not easily replaceable (in terms of targets). The fact that he coincides with Greenwood's best years while he himself is English makes this a no brainer.

Manny

Grammar Police
Yeah, because the large volume transfers of Dembele or Pulisic really scared the talents away, right...
Pulisic has only just left and for a reasonable fee. Around 60m.

Dembele went to Barca and look at the state they are in after acting like PSG. United aren't as rich as PSG and we shouldn't tossing money around like Barca have been doing.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hope united have some kind of tweet planned for 7. Just for the bants

RiqCantona

Ok. The announcement will be on the 14th as a tribute to Messi Lingardona... who is clearly a legend, far better than Sancho and deserves his own farewell. Handing of the baton if you will.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Imagine coming here, seeing "8" behind transfer tweets... but when you press it you don't see one single tweet. Then you remember you've chosen to ignore that dude that keeps posting tweets about AS Shitville and NoOneCaresAboutThisTeam FC
Even more astonishingly, the thread hadn't been fridgechutneyed either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.