Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Ronaldinho, Thiago, Griezmann, Dybala and others as well. It’s a hard life to be a proper muppet.
agree with the first 2, but dybala did not want to come, Sarri practically begged someone to take him, and he personally set his wages stupid high. Griezmann, who bloody knows what was happening with that one. :lol:

In recent memory, thiago, Kroos, Cesc??? come close, but this deal for sancho has to go spectacularly wrong from here to fail. We aren't haggling on price (seemingly) its purely structure.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Has there been a comparable transfer that went this far and failed? I have not followed all transfers closely so curious. Seems so many have little faith in this.
I can't see the signs this is failing.
A few, the original Sanchez saga, Thiago, Sneijder.

Gambit

Well I'm looking forward to playing a game of where's Sancho today. If he ends up back in Germany then he's off to the training camp. If he's still in the UK then it's imminent.

ROFLUTION

Ramsey's transfer is not really comparable to this. He was just a young prospect at Cardiff who was attracting attention of Utd and Arsenal. Sancho is more in the Rooney category where though he's young, he's already more or less proven his worth and you know he's gonna be a superstar.

And I don't remember us ever being this close to Hazard. The likes of Real, Chelsea, City and ourselves were all in the mix if I'm remembering correctly.

Edit- As @Acquire Me says it's the likes of Thiago and Griezmann that seemed destined to join us, only for that to never happen.
The muppetry and race for Hazard was strong I recall. Was very close to joining us it seemed. I remember it seemed a choice between us and Chelsea.

Anyways, I wrote "Not completely but", so no reason to make a direct comparison

bsCallout

Every day theyre posting 'debut' throwbacks at the moment. They posted about our record breaking signing on the main site last week.

Today a post about Pogba returning and signing.

Sancho signing/debut coming soon . . .

Acquire Me

agree with the first 2, but dybala did not want to come, Sarri practically begged someone to take him, and he personally set his wages stupid high. Griezmann, who bloody knows what was happening with that one. :lol:

In recent memory, thiago, Kroos, Cesc??? come close, but this deal for sancho has to go spectacularly wrong from here to fail. We aren't haggling on price (seemingly) its purely structure.
Yeah that Griezmann cnut :lol:

I think it’s a good chance to see Sancho joining us. We just need to be patient. It’s a huge deal.

Acquire Me

Every day theyre posting 'debut' throwbacks at the moment. They posted about our record breaking signing on the main site last week.

Today a post about Pogba returning and signing.

Sancho signing/debut coming soon . . .
I love it. You are a proper muppet my friend :)

Gambit

The muppetry and race for Hazard was strong I recall. Was very close to joining us it seemed. I remember it seemed a choice between us and Chelsea.

Anyways, I wrote "Not completely but", so no reason to make a direct comparison
Yeah forgot the original Hazard one. Everyone thought he was coming to us, even the fans of Lille who were chanting good luck in Manchester to him on his last game. Didn't help that he had negotiated the right to announce the club himself so we were all on tenterhooks right till the end.

Rolaholic

Has there been a comparable transfer that went this far and failed? I have not followed all transfers closely so curious. Seems so many have little faith in this.
Not exactly as high profile but there was this classic

:lol:

fck

Supports
Bayern
If they refuse, they can only sell him for around 40m next year. You think they'll do such a thing? I don't think so.

It's in ''our hands'' mate! :lol:
I don't know how you arrive at "40m next year" but that's a complete misjudgement in my opinion and your whole argumentation falls apart after that. If I had to speculate then I would say that he'll cost around 70-80m € next year.
Remember that Leroy Sané cost 50m with one year left without playing a single game this season coming off an ACL.
For Dortmund the calculation is quite simple which is what do we get this year minus what we expect to get next year and if the difference is not big enough then they wont sell.
As far as I can see both clubs are acting pretty reasonable here.

davidmichael

How do you back that statement up?

Barca have Messi for RW. Madrid are after Mbappe.

Even if they did want Sancho instead of Mbappe which is highly unlikely, they’d first have to get rid of Bale and one or two of Asensio/Rodrygo/Vinicius Jr. Again, I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
Messi is 33 Mate and Madrid do things as they want
Barca have Trincao coming in on top of Messi, Griezmann, Ansu-Fati and Dembele as well as Pedri and Monchu coming through but that’s not mentioning the fact they’re absolutely potless and need to sell to buy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah forgot the original Hazard one. Everyone thought he was coming to us, even the fans of Lille who were chanting good luck in Manchester to him on his last game. Didn't help that he had negotiated the right to announce the club himself so we were all on tenterhooks right till the end.
TBF he always said it was between 3 clubs and there weren't categorical claims that it was Utd. Only muppetry

With Sancho it does appear it's only Utd but as with Berbatov I'm not getting overly worked up until it's officially confirmed

VP

Am I the only one who wants to sign him but just happy to wait for the final announcement?

My point is: why is this thread so fecking long? Hasn't this been a fairly straightforward saga of details being ironed out? Or have I missed a lot?

GJNJ

Am I the only one who wants to sign him but just happy to wait for the final announcement?

My point is: why is this thread so fecking long? Hasn't this been a fairly straightforward saga of details being ironed out? Or have I missed a lot?
Pretty much, just a bit of a pissing contest in the media by both clubs to keep us interested.

3KDré

If he joins us now, is he even allowed to train with us? He won't have been included in the Europa squad, so either way it makes no difference till PL resumes?

hungrywing

'Member the baby outfit 'reveal'?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
De Gea to Real Madrid... well its almost done deal until last minute fax machine...

WPMUFC

well i can't speak for everyone but constantly refreshing twitter, reading the useless updates in this thread and /r/reddevils helps me escape the meaninglessness of my life.

stevoc

Not exactly as high profile but there was this classic

:lol:
Hard to tell from that picture but that guy standing beside him is actually holding a gun to his back and forcing him to pose with that United shirt.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
De Gea to Madrid? All parties agreed to the move and a broken fax machine scuppered the deal.

bsCallout

It's been entirely straightforward despite what some seem to believe.

But let's be a bit self-indulgent, embrace muppet season and otherwise get excited about a top player joining.

Not too much excitement in the world for most otherwise. It's a welcome escape.

Stretender

Seems like the Dortmund squad got a couple of days off before starting their training camp in Switzerland. Delaney was in Denmark yesterday, so I wouldn't read much into Sancho flying to London.
Sancho has been pictured in London at a house party for rappers Krept and Konan. I think the lad has some growing up to do. It seems he is a party animal and those romours to do with his disciplinary issues may be right. He is without doubt a top talent but am concerned about his lifestyle. Dortmund are in preseason mode he should be focused on that really.

laughtersassassin

Well I'm looking forward to playing a game of where's Sancho today. If he ends up back in Germany then he's off to the training camp. If he's still in the UK then it's imminent.
Sancho has been pictured in London at a house party for rappers Krept and Konan. I think the lad has some growing up to do. It seems he is a party animal and those romours to do with his disciplinary issues may be right. He is without doubt a top talent but am concerned about his lifestyle. Dortmund are in preseason mode he should be focused on that really.
McTominay is the same then I guess? Give over mate.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't know how you arrive at "40m next year" but that's a complete misjudgement in my opinion and your whole argumentation falls apart after that. If I had to speculate then I would say that he'll cost around 70-80m € next year.
Remember that Leroy Sané cost 50m with one year left without playing a single game this season coming off an ACL.
For Dortmund the calculation is quite simple which is what do we get this year minus what we expect to get next year and if the difference is not big enough then they wont sell.
As far as I can see both clubs are acting pretty reasonable here.
That should answer your question. City is a club who doesn't need money, they have no issue to let their players go for free. What makes you think Dortmund has the same authority to do it? Sell him for around 40m or let him go for free, that will be their choice. Why would club spend 70-80m next year if they can get him for free the next following year? Remember Havertz cost around that this year with 2 years left in his contract.

Bosws87

Oh come on

Inigo Montoya

Do you think he just might have told them( Dortmund) or is your indignation just based on conjecture?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You must have hated Rooney.

Gambit

Then you should completely ignore what Rio used to get up to over his years with us including midseason.

Giggsyking

Inigo Montoya

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Remember the furore over such an ordinary player. He was built up as the new Vieria or some thing
Seriously. At the time be hyped as the next future great midfielders. It really felt like a huge loss. Little did we know what an average and limited player he'd turn out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.