Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Do we announce anything on Sundays?
The only thing we've normally announced on a Sunday is that Phil Jones has injured himself in the game over the weekend and is now expected to be out for 3 weeks which subequently ends up being 3 months.

gorky_utd

Every rival has signed some one even if they aren't necessarily first team quality. Hopefully some Sancho news soon :( .

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Every rival has signed some one even if they aren't necessarily first team quality. Hopefully some Sancho news soon :( .
So you'd rather Utd sign someone who isn't first team quality for the sake of keeping up with our rivals?

Weird post

Chief123

Even though we have other areas which need improvement, I honestly wouldn't mind if Sancho was our only signing this window.

Signing Sancho would be a coup of the decade type of signing. His influence and impact will be much bigger than any other player we sign for the other positions. This really is a "do all it takes to get him" transfer.

Realistically, our best target finish in the league this season will be 3rd. The aim is to reduce the points gap on City and Liverpool. This is very achievable just by signing Sancho. If it means we have to wait till next summer to address other areas, then so be it. We have to get this one over the line!

gorky_utd

So you'd rather Utd sign someone who isn't first team quality for the sake of keeping up with our rivals?

Weird post
Nope. But it still doesn't decrease the quality of other squads and we need Sancho to minimize the gap with both pool and city. I hope that we hear something concrete regarding Sancho because so far there is no update. Even only Sancho will be enough for a top 4 finish next year I hope we don't miss out on him.

askabob

Just saw this figure on the BBC. This is incredible output, especially considering his age.

We must sign him at all costs this summer, because next summer it’ll be much more challenging with other big clubs vying to sign him as well.

OrcaFat

Even though we have other areas which need improvement, I honestly wouldn't mind if Sancho was our only signing this window.

Signing Sancho would be a coup of the decade type of signing. His influence and impact will be much bigger than any other player we sign for the other positions. This really is a "do all it takes to get him" transfer.

Realistically, our best target finish in the league this season will be 3rd. The aim is to reduce the points gap on City and Liverpool. This is very achievable just by signing Sancho. If it means we have to wait till next summer to address other areas, then so be it. We have to get this one over the line!
Results over the last few months put us in the mix for the title. We might come 3rd or even lower but I wouldn’t say 3rd is the best we can hope for. Squad depth is the issue.

Sancho would help a lot but I worry about the midfield. And the defence. And the goalie. Christ maybe 3rd is the best we can hope for.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Just saw this figure on the BBC. This is incredible output, especially considering his age.

We must sign him at all costs this summer, because next summer it’ll be much more challenging with other big clubs vying to sign him as well.
Why aren't those other big clubs trying to sign him this summer?

Chief123

Why aren't those other big clubs trying to sign him this summer?
This has been answered many times. There is no other club that can afford to spend 120m euro on Sancho right now. Dortmund have made it clear thats what they want. Thats the reason Utd are the only team in for him.

If Dortmund had publicly said they are willing to accept 80m Euro for him, then guaranteed there will be a queue of the big clubs putting a bid in.

I'm gobsmacked that people are still doubting his ability based on the fact Utd are the only one in for him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Then maybe that answers your question
A little cryptic, but whatever.

This has been answered many times. There is no other club that can afford to spend 120m euro on Sancho right now. Dortmund have made it clear thats what they want. Thats the reason Utd are the only team in for him.

If Dortmund had publicly said they are willing to accept 80m Euro for him, then guaranteed there will be a queue of the big clubs putting a bid in.

I'm gobsmacked that people are still doubting his ability based on the fact Utd are the only one in for him.
How do you know what other clubs can afford to spend?

Chief123

I have no idea what other clubs are doing right now, but probably not.
There is no club in the world right now who is trying to sign any kind of player for 100m Euro. The reason being pretty obvious....Covid.

It's not like big clubs are bidding a similar fee for other players. The whole world would love Sancho in their team.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Howard Nurse with potentially the most pointless tweet of the saga, making this the most pointless post of the saga
I reckon Howard had no intention of making that his profile picture, hasn’t a fecking clue how to change it and is to proud to ask.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
A little cryptic, but whatever
Not really, you said yourself probably none of those clubs are looking to spend that kind of money this summer. That that would answer your question about why they are not in for him this summer

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There is no club in the world right now who is trying to sign any kind of player for 100m Euro. The reason being pretty obvious....Covid.

It's not like big clubs are bidding a similar fee for other players. The whole world would love Sancho in their team.
There are still 2 months remaining in the current transfer window, who knows what other clubs are prepared to spend for the betterment of their squads.

There has been talk of Sancho coming to United for over a year now, long before Covid made an appearance, and I haven't noticed much in the way of competition for his signature during that time. PSG, City, Real, among others, could all afford him. Why aren't they making waves?

laughtersassassin

There are still 2 months remaining in the current transfer window, who knows what other clubs are prepared to spend for the betterment of their squads.

There has been talk of Sancho coming to United for over a year now, long before Covid made an appearance, and I haven't noticed much in the way of competition for his signature during that time. PSG, City, Real, among others, could all afford him. Why aren't they making waves?
Most of them have more pressing issues? Why doe our fans always get like this hahahahaha

Amarsdd

Howard Nurse with potentially the most pointless tweet of the saga, making this the most pointless post of the saga
probably just found out a very highly-rated 17 year old Sancho is unhappy at City and Dortmund are trying to sign him.

Fooza

Nurse finally clocking sancho is signing for dortmund. Sorry but this joke never gets old. He won't know anything before Romano, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.