Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I might be about to get my head bitten off, but does Sancho really offer anything different or better than Rashford, and/or Greenwood, DNGMW I am more than happy if we sign him but only to give us more strength in depth
Nah, not really. He's similar to Chong in that respect.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He will have only one year in his contract next summer. Which means that BVB will sell him on cheap or risk him signing with some other team just 6 months later.

Saying that I would much rather get him here now for 80m then wait next summer to get him for 40m. 40m is less than UCL money and Sancho will essentially guarantee it and establishing us as the third best team in the league.
80m and 40m? Jesus, you're optimistic. I'd go with 120m and 80m.

If you get him this window, you'll be meeting Dortmund's demands. Maybe the payment is split across multiple years but they won't be selling below that.

I also think this year will be your most realistic opportunity of signing him. Next year, the competition for his signature would be really fierce.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What source is claiming the agent wants 50m euros on top? :lol:
You know the drill by now, all of United signings are quoted at the top end potential cost with a bit added on for effect, and all our rivals fees are given at the bottom level, if not reduced a bit.

MiceOnMeth

I might be about to get my head bitten off, but does Sancho really offer anything different or better than Rashford, and/or Greenwood, DNGMW I am more than happy if we sign him but only to give us more strength in depth
Rashford is a superior goal scorer but Sancho looks a level above in dribbling and chance creation while also being really good on the right side which we desperately need( I know Greenwood has been good there but most would agree his best position is centre forward)

cyberman

Why do you think you can get him next year cheaply? Lots of the top clubs want Sancho but are put off by the price and it’s a tough year financially for the football world. United look like being the only team willing to break the bank for him. If he doesn’t move until next season suddenly you’ll be competing against the likes of Real, Barca, City, Chelsea etc, and it’s by no means certainly he’d pick United.
We were touted as his likeliest destination long before Corona.

SirScholes

For me better and different than rashford
And brings more talent to our squad so we can rotate without playing absolute potatoes like lingard and James

nyanza

First pages in those long threads are always fun to go back to. There is a line up with a Pogba-Lingard midfield on the first page. :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why do you think you can get him next year cheaply? Lots of the top clubs want Sancho but are put off by the price and it’s a tough year financially for the football world. United look like being the only team willing to break the bank for him. If he doesn’t move until next season suddenly you’ll be competing against the likes of Real, Barca, City, Chelsea etc, and it’s by no means certainly he’d pick United.
That’s not much competition.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
First pages in those long threads are always fun to go back to. There is a line up with a Pogba-Lingard midfield on the first page. :lol:
I hope that line up considered playing with two gk :lol: :nervous:

laughtersassassin

Look at Pulisic go. Sancho kept him out of the Dortmund team with ease from day 1.

That really bodes well for how good Sancho is.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's closer to Hazard than those two. Not as fast or strong as Rashford, but a better dribbler and creator. Him coming in will give us another creative player along with Pogba and Bruno, while also still being a good goalscorer himself.

King Andow

Rashford is a superior goal scorer but Sancho looks a level above in dribbling and chance creation while also being really good on the right side which we desperately need( I know Greenwood has been good there but most would agree his best position is centre forward)
Not really.

E-mal

Look at Pulisic go. Sancho kept him out of the Dortmund team with ease from day 1.

That really bodes well for how good Sancho is.
Unfortunately it doesn't always translate, football is a funny thing. For instance Pulisic got more raw pace so perhaps adapt easier to English football.
I am sure though, him coming into a team on the Up will be of great help, football will be easier.

laughtersassassin

Unfortunately it doesn't always translate, football is a funny thing. For instance Pulisic got more raw pace so perhaps adapt easier to English football.
I am sure though, him coming into a team on the Up will be of great help, football will be easier.
I never said it translates but it does bode well. At 18 Sancho was twice the player. That's impressive no matter how you look at it.

Then you look at Sancho's close control. Then his goals and assists and his entire career so far.

Also most of what I'm seeing from Pulisic is his quick acceleration, quick feet and low centre of gravity. Which is pretty much the exact type of winger Sancho is. Neither of them are sprinters like a mane. Both very technical. Very comparable players I would say.

Basically it will be criminal if we do t sign him this summer. We need to take the next step.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not wumming at all, just the numbers I heard from some media site. Can’t remember which one. Could easily be bollocks.
Could be. What is definitely bollocks is Chelsea have pulled out as they don't want to spend the money when they have already spent a fortune and are trying to buy Havertz for a similar fee to Sancho..

E-mal

Not wumming at all, just the numbers I heard from some media site. Can’t remember which one. Could easily be bollocks.
It's definitely not true, no one is paying agent fee of 50m even for Messi. What are you on about, am sure you don't believe it yourself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Basically just a slightly faster Mata mate.
Padding the squad out.

El-Manos

Nah, he’s useless.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Oh no, not a lot more really. Here's to £100m spent on squad depth.

mav_9me

He will have only one year in his contract next summer. Which means that BVB will sell him on cheap or risk him signing with some other team just 6 months later.

Saying that I would much rather get him here now for 80m then wait next summer to get him for 40m. 40m is less than UCL money and Sancho will essentially guarantee it and establishing us as the third best team in the league.
I would think that's obvious. How much are we going to save by waiting a year, whatever numbers you speculate max we are going to save is 60m? But then you risk losing CL and 60m with it and then you risk losing out to other clubs for Sancho. If you buy him now you pay 60m more but make it up by strengthening our CL spot and that pays for itself. I don't know what I'm missing. Seems straightforward to me.

jdotman

People are underestimating Sanchos speed. Hes no Mbappe but give him a few yards and youre not catching him.

Gazza

80m and 40m? Jesus, you're optimistic. I'd go with 120m and 80m.

If you get him this window, you'll be meeting Dortmund's demands.
Maybe the payment is split across multiple years but they won't be selling below that.

I also think this year will be your most realistic opportunity of signing him. Next year, the competition for his signature would be really fierce.
Why are Bundesliga fans so steadfast in repeating this? There's literally no way of stating it as fact. :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: The amount of fecking tosh spewed in here

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
At this point in time Sancho is more effective than both of them. Greenwood with his potential will blow him out the water though.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's definitely not true, no one is paying agent fee of 50m even for Messi. What are you on about, am sure you don't believe it yourself.
About 95% of everything we hear during transfer windows is complete over-exaggerated bollocks, so I don’t know why you think this is particularly noteworthy.

Gazza

About 95% of everything we hear during transfer windows is complete over-exaggerated bollocks, so I don’t know why you think this is particularly noteworthy.
I don't think people find it that noteworthy, just calling you out on a lazy/bollocks claim that you made. You don't even remember where you heard the rumor, and no one else has ever seen it! :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I disagree with that, I think it remains to be seen how good of a goalscorer Rashford is without penalties to pad his stats out. Sancho is no slouch in that regard and he's capable of creating his own goalscoring chances better than Rashford IMO.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I don't think people find it that noteworthy, just calling you out on a lazy/bollocks claim that you made. You don't even remember where you heard the rumor, and no one else has ever seen it! :lol:
I said 'from what I heard', I didn't say it was fact. If we're going to start piling on people for repeating stuff they've read on football news sites, it's going to be a very boring month.

Gazza

I said 'from what I heard', I didn't say it was fact. If we're going to start piling on people for repeating stuff they've read on football news sites, it's going to be a very boring month.
Mate, you chatted bollocks, got pulled up on it, move on and do better next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.