Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinNombre

About 95% of everything we hear during transfer windows is complete over-exaggerated bollocks, so I don’t know why you think this is particularly noteworthy.
Link this article that you read which claimed a 50m agent's fee.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Link this article that you read which claimed a 50m agent's fee.
Seems like it came from some guy called Ian McGarry, who's described as a 'transfer expert' but who I haven't heard of.

McGarry told Reach PLC’s Transfer Window Podcast: “I’m reliably informed that they made a formal enquiry to Borussia Dortmund last Thursday with regards to Jadon Sancho.

“They were quoted, in my view, an astronomical fee of €120million and that didn’t include the €50m commission to the player’s agent.

“They have now stepped away from that and said ‘that’s not going to happen’.”
https://www.therealchelseafans.com/...eveal-amount-chelsea-must-pay-to-sign-sancho/

It's probably bollocks of course, but I did also hear from a guy who actually works in football transfers that Sancho's agent was asking for a staggeringly high fee, and it was putting a number of clubs off from wanting to get involved.

SinNombre

Seems like it came from some guy called Ian McGarry, who's described as a 'transfer expert' but who I haven't heard of.

https://www.therealchelseafans.com/...eveal-amount-chelsea-must-pay-to-sign-sancho/

It's probably bollocks of course, but I did also hear from a guy who actually works in football transfers that Sancho's agent was asking for a staggeringly high fee, and it was putting a number of clubs off from wanting to get involved.
Fair enough, and thanks for linking.

Seems like a complete rando and this is pre-covid, but that's besides the point. You read something in Jan and you brought it up and that's perfectly reasonable (unlike the shenanigans on the Havertz thread).

Revan

Assumptionman
80m and 40m? Jesus, you're optimistic. I'd go with 120m and 80m.

If you get him this window, you'll be meeting Dortmund's demands. Maybe the payment is split across multiple years but they won't be selling below that.

I also think this year will be your most realistic opportunity of signing him. Next year, the competition for his signature would be really fierce.
80m pounds might do it this summer. Clubs need money more than usual, and his contract is running out. If he declines to sign a new contract, BVB will likely want to sell him. With one year in his contract (next summer) they won’t have any leverage even if there are multiple clubs. Sancho can pick whatever club he wants (and play clubs against each other for higher salary) and BVB will have to accept it or risk losing him for nothing one year later.

Rolaholic

:lol: The amount of fecking tosh spewed in here
The only place where I see Sancho considered as lacking pace :lol:

His top speed this past season clocked in as slightly below Daniel James's and one is considered a pace merchant/speed demon...

His ball control and dribbling ability while moving so fast is part of what makes him a 100m player

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hopefully see some more movement on this in the coming week once we get passed the weekend.

Thursday will be interesting to see whether or not he travels with the squad.

Riz

Hopefully see some more movement on this in the coming week once we get passed the weekend.

Thursday will be interesting to see whether or not he travels with the squad.
Europa? He wouldn’t be able to be registered for the competition this year anyway.

roseguy64

People are underestimating Sanchos speed. Hes no Mbappe but give him a few yards and youre not catching him.
Agreed. Some of the comments here I thought he wasn't fast until I checked the video the Bundesliga put out about him.

Riz

No the Dortmund pre-season camp. Believe they leave for it on the 10th, so next Monday (no idea why I thought Thursday)
Yeh just realised we’re playing Wednesday anyway. Yep will be interesting but I think there’s actually a good chance this is may all be resolved next week - we can hope!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Need to hurry up and announce, so we can announce a defender, so we can announce that midfielder, at the same time we can announce we've sold all those players we have no use for.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I know it's impossible to do these days due to the internet, but it'd be amazing to keep the official announcement quiet until we release the home kit and have him standing in it.

Maybe throw in a harp or some bagpipes for effect, but you get the idea

Phil

It's been said before, but Bundesliga fans might be the most one-eyed I've ever seen on here, as a sub-species of the caf muppet genus. Raphael Honigstein is exactly the same. :lol:
Been this way for years and I've been around a while, it's regardless of team supported too. I've always found it to be a very strange mindset but it is what it is.

UnitedFan93

Hope this transfer doesn't swallow up too much of our transfer budget, as I think finding a replacement for Matic should be the biggest priority this summer.

UnitedFan93

We gave him a 3 year deal last month. The club absolutely disagrees with you :lol:
That's my worry!

Matic has just turned 32, and I think we'll probably need someone younger and more mobile in midfield next season to complement the likes of Pogba and Bruno in midfield.

I think if Matic starts alongside Pogba, with Bruno in front, we'll get exposed in midfield, especially against the likes of City and Liverpool.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Did twitter have a day off today? Not a single update BS or not?

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

That's my worry!

Matic has just turned 32, and I think we'll probably need someone younger and more mobile in midfield next season to complement the likes of Pogba and Bruno in midfield.

I think if Matic starts alongside Pogba, with Bruno in front, we'll get exposed in midfield, especially against the likes of City and Liverpool.
Next season I imagine we will persist with Matic and McTominay backing him up. Next summer I could see us trying to replace him tbh

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Next season I imagine we will persist with Matic and McTominay backing him up. Next summer I could see us trying to replace him tbh
Yeah I see us trying McTominay as the deputy there. Understandable given how good him and Fred were early in the season, it would be harsh to drop them straight to not even be first choice back up.

I actually think McT has got potential there if he can curb his attacking instincts and instead work on his passing through the lines.

RedStarUnited

McGarry and Castles love to slag United off mercilessly.
Castles especially has it in for United. I dont know what the history is with him and us but he seems very bitter.

When Jose was around everything was the clubs fault and nothing Jose could do to change. Now Jose is gone, Ole is the issue.

UnitedFan93

Yeah, dont worry, it won’t........
Hope you're right, however haven't we had to borrow £140 million (on top of existing debt) to offset the negative impacts of COVID?

Money is there, however it's adding to our debt pile, which needs to be paid off eventually.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Castles especially has it in for United. I dont know what the history is with him and us but he seems very bitter.

When Jose was around everything was the clubs fault and nothing Jose could do to change. Now Jose is gone, Ole is the issue.
Jose got fired.

He works for Jorge Mendes and is paid to talk positively about Mendes clients as positive PR spin.

Notice how he was always on our side with Jose, now all he does is bad mouth Ole.

Dominos

Hope this transfer doesn't swallow up too much of our transfer budget, as I think finding a replacement for Matic should be the biggest priority this summer.
I really don't see how a Matic replacement will ever win us more points over a season than Sancho.

The biggest difference between us and City/Liverpool is goals scored.

OverratedOpinion

That's my worry!

He has been one of our most important players since the restart and we gave him a new contract as a result. Matic is starting next season.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Yeah I see us trying McTominay as the deputy there. Understandable given how good him and Fred were early in the season, it would be harsh to drop them straight to not even be first choice back up.

I actually think McT has got potential there if he can curb his attacking instincts and instead work on his passing through the lines.
I agree. I think Scott can be a really good ball winner but would like to see him improve his passing game. You can tell hes improving at getting between the CBs to recycle the ball

UnitedFan93

I really don't see how a Matic replacement will ever win us more points over a season than Sancho.

The biggest difference between us and City/Liverpool is goals scored.
Agree mate, however with the introduction of Bruno and the form of Mason I think there is a lot more goals in the team now, although I agree Sancho is still needed.

I think getting the balance right now in midfield is really important, especially in the big head to head games, where winning could be the difference between 1st and 2nd. What was a bit concerning last season in the league was how the midfield struggled against high pressing teams, like Southampton. I think we'll struggle against Liverpool/City with Matic as the anchor.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I adore Mason but we have to be aware that his form will waver due to his age. I think he has serious potential through the middle so I love the idea of having Sancho at RW

Gazza

Jose got fired.

He works for Jorge Mendes and is paid to talk positively about Mendes clients as positive PR spin.

Notice how he was always on our side with Jose, now all he does is bad mouth Ole.
I believe Duncan Castles is a big Leeds fan too, he hated us before Jose pitched up here

Goku23

This will get done next weekend is my guess its got to happen soon if August 10th is really deadline day. I wonder what will happen with James now will he rotate with Sancho or be loaned out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.