Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

If and God forbid Sancho does a Depay, I will go to Old Trafford and burn all number 7 shirts in the store.
You'd better do a Bruno you fecker.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Of course you can coach that, especially when a player is young and developes.
You can’t coach his level of decision making, is what I assume @Sparky Rhiwabon is attempting to state. Which is why only Messi (iirc, maybe one or two others) have more G/A’s in the past two domestic seasons.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Please announce him early today, I've got too much work on.

VanGaalEra

@FCBarca post on Bluemoon

Still see this, on balance, working out in City's favor

ManYoo pay maximum fee & another high weekly wage for a forward - their wages/revenue ratio will approach 60%, the highest in world football. City get 15% and remain a more balanced squad across the pitch + they won't have to contend with what I believe will eventually be issues of insufficient professionalism/discipline from the expensive player

It's alot of eggs to put in one basket
Isn't the Barca wages/revenue the highest in world football and I don't think he's accounted for Sanchez off the books.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Uhm I was joking mate. Anyway people will bash him and call him all sort of names when he has a bad match. It's the caf, can't help. And that's another reason why it's incredible hard for young players to develop in big clubs. One maybe two bad matches and it's the bench for you.

Sancho seems a pretty ambitious type. It's both good and bad. I don't have doubt in his talent just hope he can cope with the pressure here and doesn't lose his head once he got the big deal signed. Many young stars did though.
I know that you were joking but you raised a very pertinent argument. As said, Sancho is a low risk signing in terms of him flopping. He's talented, he's young, he's versatile, he's focused and he's British. Assuming he fails to justify the 120m fee then rest assured that the pro British talent pundits and United's propaganda machine will make sure to protect the boy and highlight his strengths to a fan base which tbh is already heavily pro Sancho.

hubbuh

This unveiling writes itself. Easiest days work our social media dept will ever have.
That would actually be fecking great and genuinely funny, unlike those try-hard efforts that perpetuate the game nowadays (Roma and Dortmund in particular).

lysglimt

Scout
ADM was our best assist man but he was deemed a flop by most United fans. Most fans considered Pogba as a failure despite being last year's main assist man and top scorer. Taibi was crucified because of 1 mistake while Jones is still here after years of being a parody. Meanwhile the likes of Maguire and Shaw are considered success despite performing way below their price tag.
Taibi was crucified for making 3 huge mistakes that lead to goals in just 4 matches

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
You can’t coach his level of decision making, is what I assume @Sparky Rhiwabon is attempting to state. Which is why only Messi (iirc, maybe one or two others) have more G/A’s in the past two domestic seasons.
For this kind of great decision making it takes more than only the player. The whole structure of positions and movements of the entire squad has to be well executed and the players got to have this in their minds. Of course there are moments, especially in the final third on a counter (just to name one example), where its up on the instinct of the player. But also then a player is not alone on the pitch and only structure and plans leads to these situations in the first place. In addition, the player needs advice to a certain extend, so that he is "free" to make his decisions in these boundaries, even in chaotic like counterplays or some similar situations.

Reactions: Fortitude

Strelok

I know that you were joking but you raised a very pertinent argument. As said, Sancho is a low risk signing in terms of him flopping. He's talented, he's young, he's versatile, he's focused and he's British. Assuming he fails to justify the 120m fee then rest assured that the pro British talent pundits and United's propaganda machine will make sure to protect the boy and highlight his strengths to a fan base which tbh is already heavily pro Sancho.
Agree this is a pretty low risk signing. But he's really young, a teenager and there's basically nothing you can be sure about a teen's mind.

Imo this transfer has only two risks: injures and his head. Let's see how this turns out. I'll stay skeptical for the time being. Ole has been brilliant with his signings so far. Hope it's the same this time.

Idxomer

It's always funny to see someone who follow a manager or a player religiously in a team sport like football.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@FCBarca post on Bluemoon

Isn't the Barca wages/revenue the highest in world football and I don't think he's accounted for Sanchez off the books.
The only thing is the wages across the board will go up next season as we have a clause in contracts that they be cut by a percentage when we aren't in the Champions League. Even with that increase, Sanchez, Smalling and possibly Lingard off the books means we're still in a decent position.
What's this about?
He's a Friends fan.

tenpoless

How advanced is this 'advanced'?
Preparing a bid? preparing to submit a bid? preparing to submit a bid that is in preparation? preparing to prepare a preparation for a bid submission?

Leonzo1

How advanced is this 'advanced'?
Preparing a bid? preparing to submit a bid? preparing to submit a bid that is in preparation? preparing to prepare a preparation for a bid submission?
From what I understand we are in the "poised to consider preparing a bid" stage.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I want to trust you, Ed. I really do. I wish we could turn back the clock to the early days when I was young and optimistic about our life together, but I can't. You've let me down so many times that I just don't believe you any more. This is your last chance or I'm taking the kids and walking away from our life together.

ArjenIsM3

I want to trust you, Ed. I really do. I wish we could turn back the clock to the early days when I was young and optimistic about our life together, but I can't. You've let me down so many times that I just don't believe you any more. This is your last chance or I'm taking the kids and walking away from our life together.
Christ :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.