Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJNJ

Fingers crossed.

Indeed. I was holding out hope for the rumored 160k rising to 250k by his fifth year structure, which I thought was very fair and also would reflect well on Sancho's character were he to accept that kind of deal.
They could be right but just hang on for more details later. It's possible it includes all bonuses and sign on fee etc especially from a source that would go with the narrative 'hey, look how much he needs to be paid to leave the bundesliga'.

crossy1686

career ending
Do we think this will be done by today?
New kit launch was today, we play tomorrow, still a load of PR stuff and details to sort out with the deal also you'd imagine. I think it will be Friday but there's a lot of people in the know saying that the 10th deadline is much more relaxed than we're being led to believe which means the parties involved thinks this might take a week or so to work everything out.

MDFC Manager

making Rashford and Martials 200k and lingards 100k look cheap. Mad money for his first deal here. The club must feel like he’ll instantly be our best attacking player.
I think Sancho's reported wages are pre tax, the others you've mentioned are post tax.

I'm speculating though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
New kit launch was today, we play tomorrow, still a load of PR stuff and details to sort out with the deal also you'd imagine. I think it will be Friday but there's a lot of people in the know saying that the 10th deadline is much more relaxed than we're being led to believe which means the parties involved thinks this might take a week or so to work everything out.
Pretty sure the 10th was purely to make sure talks start.

It won't need to be actually signed/sealed by then, they just wanted time to find and sign a replacement. They know it's 100% serious so no need to rush.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Cool, that schedule makes a lot of sense.

hungrywing

They could be right but just hang on for more details later. It's possible it includes all bonuses and sign on fee etc especially from a source that would go with the narrative 'hey, look how much he needs to be paid to leave the bundesliga'.
Yep. Haven't given up hope yet.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Video with Sancho playing the piano in 3...2...1....
It’s probably a bit small time but it would be nice if he said how proud he was to join “Manchester” kept refering to us as “Manchester“ in his unveiling interview.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Would be good to have a video of him pissing on a Man City top or chasing a tiny bird dressed in a Liverpool top away from its perch

SplitzMagic

Video with Sancho playing the piano in 3...2...1....
Would love this announcement. But with Sanchez still on the piano and his kit glitching yellow and red.

Then when its stopped glitching it's sancho with number 7. That would be cool af!

Icemav

Why do you find it ridiculous, cynical or unhealthy? They are acting like a talent funnel for the industry. Is it only envy on your side?

Every way I look at it, it is pure business. You buy something, add value, sell with margin.
Yes primarily envy if I am honest. They do a great job.

littlepeasoup

If they do a "welcome to Manchester" reveal it will be cringe worthy
I hope any of our potential signing announcements are as low key as last year. Just say we've signed the kid, give him the #7 and and interview and move on.

To me, doesn't seem to be the year to shout about how much money you've just sp*nked on a player. Do it with some class United, please.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The announcement video is going to be all kinds of insufferable isn't it :lol:
I hope they get ironic with it.

Have a full socially distanced orchestra preparing their instruments. Ole walks into the room and says "Stop it, Ed." as we see the composer, Ed Woodward, turn around with a sad face. Then flash to a simple picture of Sancho holding the shirt.

Jericholyte2

€17.6m per year before tax right? That would be just over €200k a week after which is what, £180k a week?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No way we're mad enough to pay him 300k a week.
If we are paying him that I wonder what Fernandes will be after at his contract renewal. Right now Bruno is on less than Luke Shaw and Sergio Romero.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No way we're mad enough to pay him 300k a week.
Its pure lunacy given that Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood will now want the same.

On the other hand....300k a week may seem reasonable for top players in a couple of years, which if we're locking him into contract for 5 may at that point not seem so excessive.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Its pure lunacy given that Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood will now want the same.

On the other hand....300k a week may seem reasonable for top players in a couple of years, which if we're locking him into contract for 5 may at that point not seem so excessive.
We've watched the prices rise steadily for good players, it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to see wages correlate with that kind of rise.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am expecting a basic salary of around 200k, similar to the one Rashford is getting, and up to 250k including bonus.

Rajma

I personally, don't think this will happen but who knows at this point. I still rather have a bigger buffer available for us to be able to bump his contract every in case his performances merits it, keeping his motivation on toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.