Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

I think the whole Sancho taking the number 7 shirt and being revealed/signed on the 7th is too good to be true. It's a muppet's fantasy. The stars don't align for us that easily.

I love how we're all reduced to looking at images of smoke over Old Trafford. This is what the transfer window does to us. :lol:
September 7th, not August 7th while our season isn't over yet

Just doing my part to keep the dream alive

AFC NimbleThumb

Bruno helped us to 30 less goals conceded, did he? He was excellent in an attacking sense, but without a solid defence, you don't win games.

Look past the goalscorers and creators will you.

Maguire has helped assemble the best clean sheet record in europe in 1 season. We've conceded a whopping 30+ less goals than we did last season. That's the key difference. The attackers then have a platform to go win games.

He's played every minute of every game. He's slow, he has the odd mistake in him, but people these days laugh at a mistake and write a player off. He's incredibly underrated in this team.

I'd lock in 30 less goals conceded it if means he makes 5 mistakes per season any day of the week.

Strange our own fans can't see it.
We didn’t finish 3rd due to our defensive record is the point. Prior to the Bruno signing were conceding less but where were we in the League?

I called him an upgrade; it’s rather obvious who the catalysts for 3rd were & Maguire’s performances in the run in [you know the actual important part of the season] actually hindered us more than most.

You’re right without a good defensive platform it’s difficult to win games but in the most important part of the season our defence [Maguire & others] didn’t provide said platform in a number of games.

What is strange is that calling him an upgrade is looked at as criticism.

We conceded 28 & 29 goals in the seasons prior to last, Jose then spent half of last season trying to get fired & the form under OgS fell off a cliff in the run in.

Shaw, De Gea & Lindelof have played in United League defences that have conceded less than 30 goals but let’s look at the exception [last season] to prove a rule.

Too many on here get precious about our players but it’s widely accepted we’re going to need another CB next to Maguire to compete - he is an upgrade, he is not the sole reason a defence that conceded less than 30 goals in 2 of the previous 3 seasons did so again.

I agree, we got a bit rinsed with Maguire but he has improved us defensively at the same time.
Which is what I said. You can be overpriced & a relative upgrade.
Our goals conceded is not that different to City and Liverpool. Goals scored on the other hand there is a massive gap. If Sancho helps us score more goals we will be closer to competing with the top 2
Exactly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In fairness, even before this window, since Jan 2019, we've seen the departures of Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia, Young, Lukaku, Alexis, Darmian and Smalling (including loans). That's 8 in total. 8 players who were very much first-teamers that the forum saw as deadwood and should be seen as quite some turnover. I don't think we'll see more than 3-4 more depart this window, as we do need some manner of depth and cover. That said, how much more "deadwood" would we have if we saw 4 more players leave?
A year and a half is not that short a period though, especially with loans out.

It's every summer saying Jones, Lingard, Mata, Rojo, Pereira etc that gets me. Every year we say they need to go, and every year none do.
Will we shift even 1 of that mob this summer?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Not sure why people think white smoke is due to Sancho, there could be drills happening for health and safety, there were the fake explosives found during a game once from a drill, there are plenty of reasons why.

Just because its the 7th and theres a theory about the number being given on that day has some causal relationship with white smoke is bizarre.

romufc

Not sure why people think white smoke is due to Sancho, there could be drills happening for health and safety, there was the fake explosives found during a game once from a drill, there are plenty of reasons why.

Just because its the 7th and theres a theory about the number being given on that day has some causal relationship with white smoke is bizarre.
Clutching at straws. Everyone wants the transfer to happen today, the chances are that this will take another week or two.

midnightmare

It's every summer saying Jones, Lingard, Mata, Rojo, Pereira etc that gets me. Every year we say they need to go, and every year none do.
One and a half years? Sure, if you spin it that way. 7 of those (the 8th being Young) were however out within 5 months (Fellaini in Jan and the other 6 in the summer). I'd argue they were far more important to move on (barring Smalling and perhaps Herrera) than the ones above. Also, I missed Rojo. He's pretty much gone too I reckon. So, in summary, yes, Rojo will surely go and I believe 1-2 of the others as well. Of that bunch, I'd likely have retained Lingard - but for various reasons, he is possibly the most likely to be moved on to raise funds.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
One and a half years? Sure, if you spin it that way. 7 of those (the 8th being Young) were however out within 5 months (Fellaini in Jan and the other 6 in the summer). I'd argue they were far more important to move on (barring Smalling and perhaps Herrera) than the ones above. Also, I missed Rojo. He's pretty much gone too I reckon. So, in summary, yes, Rojo will surely go and I believe 1-2 of the others as well. Of that bunch, I'd likely have retained Lingard - but for various reasons, he is possibly the most likely to be moved on to raise funds.
I think this is the only real summer the club will get £20M of Lingard though, he's 27, as he hits 28+ his value will depreciate severely (more-so than the covid market).

SATA

Not sure why people think white smoke is due to Sancho, there could be drills happening for health and safety, there were the fake explosives found during a game once from a drill, there are plenty of reasons why.

Mate I don’t think anyone meant to say it’s for Sancho. Most of us are just engaging in this muppetry and taking the piss all round

Evans999

Real Madrid have been training at old trafford, just sterilising it.

Posh Red

We didn’t finish 3rd due to our defensive record is the point. Prior to the Bruno signing were conceding less but where were we in the League?

I called him an upgrade; it’s rather obvious who the catalysts for 3rd were & Maguire’s performances in the run in [you know the actual important part of the season] actually hindered us more than most.

You’re right without a good defensive platform it’s difficult to win games but in the most important part of the season our defence [Maguire & others] didn’t provide said platform in a number of games.

What is strange is that calling him an upgrade is looked at as criticism.

We conceded 28 & 29 goals in the seasons prior to last, Jose then spent half of last season trying to get fired & the form under OgS fell off a cliff in the run in.

Shaw, De Gea & Lindelof have played in United League defences that have conceded less than 30 goals but let’s look at the exception [last season] to prove a rule.

Too many on here get precious about our players but it’s widely accepted we’re going to need another CB next to Maguire to compete - he is an upgrade, he is not the sole reason a defence that conceded less than 30 goals in 2 of the previous 3 seasons did so again.

Which is what I said. You can be overpriced & a relative upgrade.

Exactly.
Not necessarily disagreeing with your overall point, but we did have the third best defence in the league this season, in fairness.

croadyman

Come on Utd let's have some Sancho related news that just takes a bit of limelight away from City's game tonight

Giggsy13

This is going to be a long and drawn out saga. Romano has already indicated that the clubs are talking and that it’s a process. I just hope we don’t see anymore anti-boner/cock-block tweets from Simon Stone.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
This is going to be a long and drawn out saga. Romano has already indicated that the clubs are talking and that it’s a process. I just hope we don’t see anymore anti-boner/cock-block tweets from Simon Stone.
It's a massive signing that requires large teams so it's no doubt going to take a significant amount of time, I think it'll be a couple more weeks.

I still think there'll be a few outs. I still see Grealish happening too but maybe that's just a gut feeling more than logic.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Rojo will be gone at the very least.

midnightmare

I think this is the only real summer the club will get £20M of Lingard though, he's 27, as he hits 28+ his value will depreciate severely (more-so than the covid market).
More importantly, if we sign Sancho, Lingard will play less and have just a year left on his deal. So yeah, his price will be much lower. Still, out of Mata, him and Andreas, I'd have held Lingard over the others purely from a squad perspective. That said, we'll get peanuts for the others so can see us moving him on. I'd guess Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Dalot, Mata (Turkey?) and Lingard would be the prime candidates for us to put on the market to raise some funds / cut the wage bill.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we could get that, we need to do it.

I've never minded him, i was always one of the "look at his movement, decent squad player" gang, but it is time now.

He's in Mata's boat where he's only getting a look in if it's a lesser cup, or a few mins here and there

Coops73

Mate I don’t think anyone meant to say it’s for Sancho. Most of us are just engaging in this muppetry and taking the piss all round
Taking the piss in here is highly frowned upon I’ll have you know. If you’re not careful one of these bad boys will be coming your way:nono:

Matriac

So we're waiting with announcing Sancho until after we sell Lingard so we can get a better price for him?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rojo will be gone at the very least.
He should be higher up these worst signings lists.

Apart from one short spell looking vaguely decent at centre back, he's been utterly dreadful when occasionally even on the pitch. And to think we basically had to pay and give Nani away into the bargain. Horrible.

tenpoless

It will be funny if after all these waiting game and muppetry, Lingard ended up being given the number 7 to 'motivate him'. With Daniel James getting the number 11.

No Love

Dharmesh Sheth’s ‘update’ on SSN just now sounds like a roundup of everything we’ve heard the past week. Rubbish.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

White smo... err, text?

You're trippin' buddy.

Username checks out
:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like it's all gone quiet now so Dortmund can get a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.