Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanderpants

He is due to board a flight to meet up with Dortmund shortly, as usual, the press has blown his trip home way out on a proportion

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Tomorrow is the day!
Or another day.... maybe.

mu4c_20le

We will bottle this deal for sure.I expect a brief anytime that we have pulled out from this deal.
Yep. BVB will be painted as the bad guys for refusing to be reasonable during a global pandemic and recession.

Rolaholic

When I went to sleep the muppets were so full of confidence seeing Sancho in London, it seems like the room changed and there’s more doubt now. I enjoy a nice roller coaster, but did I miss something that made it more doom and gloom in here?
Nothing has changed in the past 24 hours so whatever doubts are creeping in having nothing to do with the facts we've been presented so far this weekend :lol:

Until I see a report from the foreign journo's announcing a total breakdown of negotiations or us walking away, I'm not worried even if it gets quiet.

RedNed77

- Hasn’t gone on strike to get his move
- Chelsea fan, which shows he’s of questionable intelligence (See @duffer)
- Dortmund player, they never work out well
- Goes to parties, he clearly likes COVID-19
- 30 in 9 years an 6 months
- His name is an anagram of “And cosh Joan”, I have an auntie Joan, she’s a nice lady
- Has copied Jesse Lingards facial hair style

Do. Not. Want.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Yep. BVB will be painted as the bad guys for refusing to be reasonable during a global pandemic and recession.
Ofcourse not.Sancho is one of the best generational talent right now and he will have plenty of buyers for him next summer so Dortmund won't loose out any money if they sell him next summer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It will be interesting what the new story is once the imaginary deadline has passed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
- His name is an anagram of “And cosh Joan”, I have an auntie Joan, she’s a nice lady

Do. Not. Want.
:lol:

RkkMan

What do you base this on? The silence over the last few days, or just a personal feeling you have?
The fact that no one has said we've walked away or called time on the transfer is a good thing. Talks are ongoing, a resolution will be found and we'll get our man. This isn't like football manager where transfers are done in a couple of days, they can take quite a while to work out etc. Patience is all thats needed
The silence plus this talk of a deadline. I fear if we dont pay up by end of tomorrow BVB wont even want to negotiate beyond there unless we simply pay up the asking price.

mu4c_20le

Ofcourse not.Sancho is one of the best generational talent right now and he will have plenty of buyers for him next summer so Dortmund won't loose out any money if they sell him next summer.
It's hard to say for certain that clubs can throw around 120m even in a years time. Especially with his contract winding down. He could very well have another great season which should in theory inflate his value but they'll end up getting less money, or worse, talks break down and he ends up a Lewandowski Mk2.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ronaldinho was the worst because I was still getting my transfer updates from Teletext at the time. I remember waiting for those updates. "United close to securing Ronaldinho transfer". It was as sure a deal as Sancho is right now; possibly even more so. Then I woke up, checked Teletext, horrified to see the flashing main headline, "Barcelona with 11th hour agreed deal for Ronaldinho." I could have committed Harakiri that day!
Teletext :lol:

The biggest mistake Ronaldinho will ever make was opting out of working under Fergie.

Kuba

I just wanted to remind you all that 17 years ago when Sancho was 3...
(OMFG, it does not feel like that long ago) we sign some Portugues kid and give him nr 7 shirt. That happend on 12th August (my birthday),
this year i wish the same present so Ed is waiting another 3 Days.

damn.... if only that condom break few days before we would already have him

RkkMan

That honestly wouldn't be the end of the world, Greenwood's been something of a revelation this year. Obviously it'd be brain dead for us to go into next season without any sort of reinforcements though.
Its not a bad alternative but it would be a real shame if this Sancho deal didn`t happen though after all the work we`ve put in over the last year plus he`s a top player that elevates any attack in the world. Guess we wait and see what this week carries hoping for the best expecting the worst

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Teletext :lol:

The biggest mistake Ronaldinho will ever make was opting out of working under Fergie.
I don’t agree with that. I think some players are just destined to burn brightly before fizzling out as quick as they arrived. I don’t believe Fergie could have helped Gazza either, Old Trafford was as never his stage and Fergie’s discipline and guidance would have been wasted on him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nah, I don’t think he would look back with much regret. And we got Ronaldo, so hard for us to be too rueful either.
Yeah, it worked out great for us in the end with Ronaldo.

I don't think Fergie would have allowed Ronaldinho's fitness levels to deteriorate as harshly as it did, he basically became a slob long before his time. Quite sad really.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Do. Not. Want.
:lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don’t agree with that. I think some players are just destined to burn brightly before fizzling out as quick as they arrived. I don’t believe Fergie could have helped Gazza either, Old Trafford was as never his stage and Fergie’s discipline and guidance would have been wasted on him.
I don't know, maybe I'm putting too much faith in the great man, I just feel the likes of Ronaldinho and Gazza (good call) would have benefitted from his influence.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Ronaldinho was the worst because I was still getting my transfer updates from Teletext at the time. I remember waiting for those updates. "United close to securing Ronaldinho transfer". It was as sure a deal as Sancho is right now; possibly even more so. Then I woke up, checked Teletext, horrified to see the flashing main headline, "Barcelona with 11th hour agreed deal for Ronaldinho." I could have committed Harakiri that day!
I remember that as well :lol:

That happened with Arjen Robben as well. I was proper disappointed when I found out through Teletext that he had signed for Chelsea after we seemed to be leading the race for him.

crossy1686

career ending
If it is, then we might not get him at all as there will be more clubs after him as unfortunately for Dortmund the price will drop if they like it or not. Could imagine Liverpool and Chelsea getting involved.
Liverpool are scraping £27m together to bid on a CB from Norwich and had to pull out of the Werner deal, and this is after winning the PL. Chelsea seem set on Havertz. I think we’ve already won the race to sign him, it’s Dortmund we have to convince to let go.

crossy1686

career ending
List the buyers that are willing to spend £100m on Sancho with one year left on his deal

Infestissumam

Liverpool are scraping £27m together to bid on a CB from Norwich and had to pull out of the Werner deal, and this is after winning the PL. Chelsea seem set on Havertz. I think we’ve already won the race to sign him, it’s Dortmund we have to convince to let go.
he means next year. And it's a valid point - what if for example Mane goes to Spain and they need a replacement? What if Pep leaves City and Sancho all of a sudden fancies a return there? What if Chelsea want him, what if he doesn't necessarily want to go back to England and accepts a move to the likes of Real, Barca or Bayern? All of that is possible, we have no idea what happens next year. This is why it's important to take advantage of having a free run this year, after all.

mav_9me

Haha

I'm not sure why I'm replying but you think Dortmund will get 120m euros for him next year when he has one year left?

So for comparison, Hazard with 1 year left on his contract was sold for 100m pre covid. And in this covid times sancho will fetch 120m euros with one year left.

Even you can't believe that nonsense

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am talking about next summer if we cannot get him this summer. If he continues at Dortmund in the same way there will be many more after his services. It is either we bite the bullet and try to get a deal done or it might be awkward next summer. The lad seems happy enough at Dortmund. A lot of people say Liverpool might be happy to shift Salah next summer, so they might have enough money to get him. He supports Chelsea so if they came in he would be near to home and playing for the club he supports. Real will still be rebuilding, Barca will still be rebuilding. We have a big decision to make.

crossy1686

career ending
he means next year. And it's a valid point - what if for example Mane goes to Spain and they need a replacement? What if Pep leaves City and Sancho all of a sudden fancies a return there? What if Chelsea want him, what if he doesn't necessarily want to go back to England and accepts a move to the likes of Real, Barca or Bayern? All of that is possible, we have no idea what happens next year. This is why it's important to take advantage of having a free run this year, after all.
I don’t think people quite get how transfers of this magnitude work.

Unites didn’t start talking to Sancho’s people yesterday. Someone didn’t call up and say “Fancy a move lad??”.

This transfer has been over a year in the making, with no other clubs being in contact with Sancho during that year. Personal terms are done, he’s in the mindset of where he wants to play, where he wants to live etc. Why do you think he’s always on FaceTime to Lingard and Rashford? He’s known this was happening for months.

It doesn’t matter what Liverpool decide to do next summer, they’d have to move mountains at this point to offer him a better package and make him feel more wanted than United have done throughout.

Of course, absolutely anything could happen next year but it’s highly unlikely that Sancho will go anywhere but United. Potential wages for a start blow everyone else out of the water.

0le

We are on page 547. 54 more pages til we here about when our new #7 officially signs. Let us make it happen. Page 601 = 6 + 0 +1 = #7 will be that day. COME ON!

crossy1686

career ending
I am talking about next summer if we cannot get him this summer. If he continues at Dortmund in the same way there will be many more after his services. It is either we bite the bullet and try to get a deal done or it might be awkward next summer. The lad seems happy enough at Dortmund. A lot of people say Liverpool might be happy to shift Salah next summer, so they might have enough money to get him. He supports Chelsea so if they came in he would be near to home and playing for the club he supports. Real will still be rebuilding, Barca will still be rebuilding. We have a big decision to make.
None of those things will happen. That’s worst case scenario. Madrid want Mbappe and just spent £1b on a new stadium. Barcelona have a huge wage budget and 4 players to move, who’s going to buy Salah for big money post COVID? Sancho doesn’t support Chelsea for the 100th time and Pep isn’t interested.

We don’t have to shit the bed because were worried about our rivals. Sancho will force this move by the end of the window and we’ll get him for £90m.

Status
Not open for further replies.