Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hang in there buddy. Not long left now. This will be done. Utd transfer negotiations read like the same book every transfer now. It's so common it's actually boring now. But it always gets forgotten because we end up giving the fans what they wanted.
All I can I say is this: I feckin hope you're right mate

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The CEO did not know about our financial situation?
No, the CEO did not know about the longevity of a pandemic. There's still uncertainty. Nobody knows when the revenues will start flowing again. Nobody knows when fans will be back.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
No, the CEO did not know about the longevity of a pandemic. There's still uncertainty. Nobody knows when the revenues will start flowing again. Nobody knows when fans will be back.
All's I know is, Sancho will be ours when the window slams shut.

MrBest

120m is a lot of money, can anyone really blame the time this is taking? I have never worked on deals this big before, i am sure that it is more complicated now because of covid. That being said, we have seen this far too often where we refuse to pay the figure the selling club wants but several weeks or months later, we buy that player for the original asking price. It happened with AWB and Maguire last summer and to a lesser extent, Bruno in Jan. I will be annoyed if we end up paying the £100m because we could of saved ourselves months of hassle.

Personally though, I would pay the price for Sancho, 100m over 10 years is 10m and he is just 20. He has all the attributes to be a world beater and there is definite value over a long time. Juve bought a 32 year old Ronaldo for 100m and will probably get 4 years out of him. Unless they win the champions league in that time, the value they would get on him is not so great. This make the Sancho deal make even more sense to me especially considering that if we do not get him this season, Madrid, Barca, Juve, Liverpool etc could be in for him next summer if covid reaches an ending.

AsonUnique

I am over the saga and don't think we will get him. But how in the world do Dortmund turn this down, even in installments, with all the financial uncertainty, how?!?!

On the flip side we shouldn't pay that much but need a RW, even if it's someone to rotate with Mason. Too many games and we have shown Mata and Pereira don't fit our style on the wing and Lingard is too inconsistent.

ReallyUSA

I am over the saga and don't think we will get him. But how in the world do Dortmund turn this down, even in installments, with all the financial uncertainty, how?!?!

On the flip side we shouldn't pay that much but need a RW, even if it's someone to rotate with Mason. Too many games and we have shown Mata and Pereira don't fit our style on the wing and Lingard is too inconsistent.
They have years on the contract and knows next year they can easily get that money.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
They have years on the contract and knows next year they can easily get that money.
Easily? I honestly don't see another team spending 120 mill on Jadon Sancho post this epedemic outbreak. I think this is the thinking from the board aswell.

AsonUnique

Maybe. No one really knows what stadium capacities will be. I think teams will still be taking a hit. I know he is a generational talent and I would buy his kit of we got him. But too often we see players quoted for ridiculous F off fees and they get sold for much less a season or two later. I think Dortmund may regret this one if they don't sell. I don't think they are good enough to beat Bayern this year and with or without him they will get a Champions League spot.

The problem for us is we haven't had RW in years and he fits everything we would want in that role, ability, potential, age and nationality. We need a plan B if this doesn't go through.

ReallyUSA

Maybe. No one really knows what stadium capacities will be. I think teams will still be taking a hit. I know he is a generational talent and I would buy his kit of we got him. But too often we see players quoted for ridiculous F off fees and they get sold for much less a season or two later. I think Dortmund may regret this one if they don't sell. I don't think they are good enough to beat Bayern this year and with or without him they will get a Champions League spot.

The problem for us is we haven't had RW in years and he fits everything we would want in that role, ability, potential, age and nationality. We need a plan B if this doesn't go through.
And Dortmund know that, and they hold all the cards in the deal besides our undervalue bag of money. They probably won't get past the best team in the world, but that doesn't mean they don't want to compete. And it's almost a guarantee someone else will be un next year, probably offering more or the same while keeping the kid for an extra year.

el3mel

So what, stop chasing Sancho then if you can't afford the deal and go and buy other players. Chelsea seem to have done well buying ton of players without wasting the window chasing a 120m one.

RedDevil@84

So we could as well declare that we don't have money to buy anyone and we will think about it only next summer when we are rich enough. Neither the fans nor clubs like Dortmund need to be thinking about any sales.

pav1790

And Dortmund know that, and they hold all the cards in the deal besides our undervalue bag of money. They probably won't get past the best team in the world, but that doesn't mean they don't want to compete. And it's almost a guarantee someone else will be un next year, probably offering more or the same while keeping the kid for an extra year.
Dortmund have always held all the cards. I don’t see the point you are making. Dortmund are a good club that keeps their finances in the balance. They have Sancho for a couple of years more on contract. He’s a professional. They don’t need to sell right now, so they can ask any price they wish.

But they have overplayed their hand. Sancho may not come to United, but he will not go for more than 120 m next year, and not in a lump sum as they seem to have demanded. And you can bet on that. We are about to go through the worst of COVID Economy which will impact the German clubs a lot more than it will the English clubs. They will need to sell at some point even if they don’t need to right now.

Sancho on one year left, perhaps frustrated at having to ply his trade for one more year at a club he was mentally ready to leave, will have an impact on his price tag. If he has a dip in the form, it is quite likely that his valuation will drop further. it will drop even if he doesn’t progress as much as projected. Moreover, the anticipated interest from other clubs next year may never materialize. It’s all speculation.

Besides all this, Dortmund have acted like proper cnuts here. Insisting on third party negotiators ( already acting in bad faith since those negotiators don’t have any authority they are just executing the wishes of their employers ), setting deadlines in a climate where this sort of money is a big deal, making public statements without them being necessary all bodes ill for their future transfers.Players and agents will take a note. If they aren’t a feeder club, they are nothing. They ought to know that and know that well, but somehow they seem to have forgotten that.

While I accept that Glazers are to blame, this still has the hallmarks of a bad deal. I have always admired Dortmund but they have cocked this up big time. I don’t want Sancho now, I want Schadenfreude. Too bad he fits us so perfectly that I will understand if we cave. But we shouldn’t, imho.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I guess what it comes down to now is - can we see Dortmund softening their stance and being flexible on the price? It certainly doesn't seem so. If anything I can see them being more stubborn the later we leave it as it gives them less time to find a replacement. Also, can anyone see us realistically cutting a cheque for 120m euros knowing how tight we are and how we keep saying that we can't justify that amount in this COVID climate?

I just don't see a compromise. I sure hope I'm wrong.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
United's approach to these protracted negotiations actually remind me of how people negotiate with roadside vendors in some parts of Asia. If not provided with the 'right' price, the customer would walk away from the stall without buying but still hover around the area in the hope that the vendor would run up to them with a revised pricing.

The problem is I don't think BVB will budge from their current price point.

SteveW

Getting kind of furious by now. Sancho takes us up a level. He has over a decade left in him. His price is perfectly normal for a player of his calibre.

Are we really risking not getting this player for the sake of the kind of money that buys players we don't even really need Reguilon? Axel, Laird and Tengi are all great young additions to our defensive ranks. We can survive a year with that much if necessary. Upamecano's clause will kick in next summer.

But if we feck up Sancho not only have we missed out on a generational talent but we don't even have enough attackers to get through the season. There's not even any youngsters good enough to fill in in an emergency. We should be getting this signing done first. It's the key to everything. If we need to sell to buy others so be it.

Ole must be going mad with worry because the owners can decide our success and failure this season with pretty much one signing and seem to be willing to risk fecking the whole thing up over the kind of money that could be raised by selling Andreas Pereira

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
The people who keep saying 120m is to much money: The club is built on the legends of best, beckham, giggs and ronaldo. Now you got used to the mata's, Valencia's and James of the world. You got institutionalized watching us playing without a good out and out deadly winger for a long time. You'll see.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For those who wondered why Jan Aage Fjortoft gets so much beef, this video might give you an idea. He is so smug about the Sancho saga.

Oh he's the same Jan as the clown on ESPN. That show is a wanker magnet.

Getting kind of furious by now. Sancho takes us up a level. He has over a decade left in him. His price is perfectly normal for a player of his calibre.

Are we really risking not getting this player for the sake of the kind of money that buys players we don't even really need Reguilon?
Seems so. We've really dropped the ball on this one. Miserable summer and way to start the season.

amolbhatia50k

The people who keep saying 120m is to much money: The club is built on the legends of best, beckham, giggs and ronaldo. Now you got used to the mata's, Valencia's and James of the world. You got institutionalized watching us playing without a good out and out deadly winger for a long time. You'll see.
Absolutely. If we could sign a young Rooney on the cusp of greatness who wanted to come to us, would we go big for him or spend all summer wasting everyone's time? It just doesn't make sense. When this kind of player comes around you get the job done. As we did for Rooney, as we did for Rio. As PSG did for Mbappe. As Madrid did (albiet foolishly) for Hazard. As Barca did for all the wrong players.

We ourselves spent 90 million on Pogba and I believe Sancho is going to be much better for this football club.

Bondi77

Such a weird mentality. Why would anyone want this to happen?

I want us to get Sancho, and for less than Dortmund want. Because I'm a Man Utd fan.
Bizarre isn't it??
I can only think they must be more Dortmund fans than Utd fans.

amolbhatia50k

I hope Dortmund embaress us and get the full amount. We deserve to look like twats.
You just made yourself look like one.

If Dortmund get the full amount, we'd have gotten the player. So I have no problems with that. Better to have top players than money in the bank.

SteveW

I guess what it comes down to now is - can we see Dortmund softening their stance and being flexible on the price? It certainly doesn't seem so. If anything I can see them being more stubborn the later we leave it as it gives them less time to find a replacement. Also, can anyone see us realistically cutting a cheque for 120m euros knowing how tight we are and how we keep saying that we can't justify that amount in this COVID climate?

I just don't see a compromise. I sure hope I'm wrong.
There's no reason for them to give us a discount. Especially the longer we leave it run.

We won't find another player like this for a long time. We were incredibly lucky to get Rashford and Greenwood through the academy because we seem completely unwilling to actually buy this class of player. It could easily be James, Martial and Mata and I reckon the board would have no problem with this as long as we got 4th place each year. Scumbags.

Eddy_JukeZ

To be honest if Dortmund are expecting a lump sum payment of 120m, they've lost their minds.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Absolutely. If we could sign a young Rooney on the cusp of greatness who wanted to come to us, would we go big for him or spend all summer wasting everyone's time? It just doesn't make sense. When this kind of player comes around you get the job done. As we did for Rooney, as we did for Rio. As PSG did for Mbappe. As Madrid did (albiet foolishly) for Hazard. As Barca did for all the wrong players.

We ourselves spent 90 million on Pogba and I believe Sancho is going to be much better for this football club.
Rio's transfer was anything but swift; had a deadline, a British record fee for a player and a world record fee for a defender, even a transfer request. If it happens, the Sancho deal could look a lot like Rio's.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/2140871.stm

Tarrou

he has three years left and they know they can get just as much next summer, as well as another season of Sancho

with two years left it would make a lot of difference, as the fee would likely decrease in a years time

unless they have immediate cashflow issues which doesn't seem the case, it does make sense to me

ayushreddevil9

So what, stop chasing Sancho then if you can't afford the deal and go and buy other players. Chelsea seem to have done well buying ton of players without wasting the window chasing a 120m one.
That's not what this reply is for. The poster was arguing that we had him as our target for a year and was trying to justify how a deal of this magnitude was easily doable in 2 weeks i.e the unreasonable Dortmund deadline.

Last edited:

SATA

Seems like we are not signing him in time to play against Crystal Palace even if a bid goes in today. The plan all along is to do it in the final week of the window. Feck sake i hope we don’t lose points before this

ayushreddevil9

So we could as well declare that we don't have money to buy anyone and we will think about it only next summer when we are rich enough. Neither the fans nor clubs like Dortmund need to be thinking about any sales.
Or maybe they thought they could try and negotiate a price for a player who wanted the move?

I don't agree that we spent a whole window only to end up with nothing, but the 10th August deadline is just plain bs from Dortmund's end because of the size of the deal. If it was a 30-40m deal, it would have been justified.

treble_winner

Seems like we are not signing him in time to play against Crystal Palace even if a bid goes in today. The plan all along is to do it in the final week of the window. Feck sake i hope we don’t lose points before this
Us being hammered by Palace might just edge Woodward and the Glazers to get through the final step. Remember Van Gaal’s first season with us?

IAmAWinner

I hope Dortmund embaress us and get the full amount. We deserve to look like twats.
Are you an accountant or something? why would we fans care about the money our club spends? We're loaded and if we get Sancho, Dortmund and zorc will be the ones looking twats.

Himannv

The problem is not that we don't have the money. We have the money and don't want to risk spending too much of it due to the uncertainty of future revenue coming in and enormous costs we already have.

I guess it also depends on how much of the budget was allocated for this window and whether the asking price of Sancho results in us exceeding that allocated budget. The company I work for was exploring a deal with MUTV and they have budget allocated but postponed the project by a year pending a "review". As a result, I think it's not budget but just them being cautious during this uncertain financial climate.

Eddy_JukeZ

They want 120M they don't care how, it has to be guaranteed though, such as 70, 30, 20 over 3 windows.
I also think this is more likely.

The problem is that Woody keeps insisting on add-ons to the deal instead of guaranteed money.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Easily? I honestly don't see another team spending 120 mill on Jadon Sancho post this epedemic outbreak. I think this is the thinking from the board aswell.
If Mbappe leaves next summer, surely its easy for PSG to pay that amount of money for another top class replacement.

Lebo

Ever wondered why EPL teams assemble very expensive squads that hardly match up to Bayern , Madrid or Barcelona? Well this is it. You pay 120million for the 3rd best player of a team that doesn’t even threaten to win the champions league.

I’m willing to bet that Mason Greenwood in BVB will score 20goals a season and probably get some odd 15 assists. Is he worth 100million? Not yet.

it was the same with Pogba. Good midfielder but not the best in Juventus at that time. Vidal and Pirlo were better.

Next time if you wonder why we spend 400 million and still lose to Juventus or BVB then there is your answer.

People can talk all they want about the market changing but why does it not change for other leagues in Europe? Only EPL teams and Barcelona fall victim

Status
Not open for further replies.