Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He claimed it was done weeks ago, and once admitted he liked to pretend to be an ITK on twitter for the attention with fake news.
Dont be throwing your trust behind Goldbridge.
No way! Did he really do this :lol:

It seems a big feck up to his brand to do that.

Red Daz

My Mrs asks me everyday “what’s happening with Jason Sanchos, has he signed yet?” ( bless her) I’m running out of ways to say no but it’s happening!
If we don’t sign him I’m going to look like a right twat.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

He won't have fun playing for us and he won't win shit either. If I were him, I'd stay one more season and see if other teams are interested in me next summer.
Ach dry up. He would love playing here. He knows the City, knows most of the lads from England.

Also means he's closer to home and is on the same time as his COD mates :lol:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
My Mrs asks me everyday “what’s happening with Jason Sanchos, has he signed yet?” ( bless her)
Ahhh...women are daft :)

Signing Sancho would be huge for morale, if they can pull it off. I can see this transfer seriously raising performance levels exactly like the Bruno signing did. Hopefully the club pull this out of the bag, Ole deserves to get his man and the full backing of the board for coming through for them last season. Fingers, toes et al crossed!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ahhh...women are daft :)

Signing Sancho would be huge for morale, if they can pull it off. I can see this transfer seriously raising performance levels exactly like the Bruno signing did. Hopefully the club pull this out of the bag, Ole deserves to get his man and the full backing of the board for coming through for them last season. Fingers, toes et al crossed!
Yep. Look at how Chelsea backed Lampard this summer compared. Ole always starts out bullish and then gets let down. Fair play to him he’s not moaning or putting out excuses but he deserves at least 2/3 players this window.

lsd

The Oracle
Again it will be done on Thursday . Whether it is what we really need i have my doubts

Hoof the ball

2 bad performances (one in which we got 3 points) and people are melting down. Take a step back
Would that this was two isolated games perhaps you'd be right, but this drop of performance was prevalent in the latter part of the season. This is not some sudden drop of performance. This is a continuance of said poor form from last season. Of course, it should be pointed out that our dramatic improvement of form was largely due to Fernandes having a long streak of form over months, which is impossible to maintain (or depend on as a normative), and Greenwood saving our blushes on a few occasions.

People aren't melting down, nor are they knee-jerking. These performance issues were there at the beginning of last season; lasted until Fernandes came, dissipated for a short time and returned. Fans have every right to have imminent concern. Telling people to "take a step back" just assumes that you've got the big picture in mind and others are bogged down by contemporary issues. As you know, and as we all know, the problems are anything but recent.

lex talionis

I have no idea what’s likely to happen this week, but I do know that we’re desperately short on depth on the front line. (Stating the obvious.). Bring in Sancho and Bruno, Paul and Donny suddenly have a world class option to play to that they currently don’t have.

Get it done, Woody.

Gasolin

Let me rephrase, we cannot depend on our attackers doing things on their own for the entire season without proper help from all the other areas. They're still young and they need better structure around them.
I am surprised by your statement, you're usually good with your analysis of the football.
We have had 2 offside goals and each time, Rashford was at fault but the movement and ball passing was crisp and smart, breaking lines with triangles.
The Rashford goal was individual brilliance but the construction needed Bruno.

What made us not look good in the last game was the fact that we had a lot of passes that were missed. And as a result, we give away possession, helping the opposition. I can only consider that as being a lack of concentration due to loss of focus and fitness. When we are match fit, our players won't make those mistakes. We know that because we've seen the goals, and sequences of brilliance they are capable of having, including the goals ruled off for offside. Can we improve? Yes, we definitely need the ability to change and update the team when some of the players are out of form. But you won't see Pogba slip and miss a pass often... and that was all over the pitch across almost all players.

I do think there are areas of improvements. But Ole knows them and our focus right now should be winning games ugly, until match fitness is top notch. That's at least the whole month of October. One hope we can have is that if our match fitness peaks later, maybe we will have less issues with the end of the season relative to the other teams.

BaillyBaillyBailly

When the feck did Goldbridge of all people become reliable?
This. Goldbridge is not reliable. Ornstein and Romano say that talks are ongoing but not agreement reached so the only assumption I can make is that United still feel a deal can be done. I just hope they are putting focus into the other areas of the team that need attention as well as this Sancho deal.

croadyman

This. Goldbridge is not reliable. Ornstein and Romano say that talks are ongoing but not agreement reached so the only assumption I can make is that United still feel a deal can be done. I just hope they are putting focus into the other areas of the team that need attention as well as this Sancho deal.
Think if we didn't have so many CB's on the books maybe we would actually hear something on signing one,however expect Ole to just keep faith in Eric & Axel staying fit

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
After yesterday’s abject performance, I don’t think Sancho is who we need. Our defence is a multi-million dollar cesspool of nothingness

croadyman

After yesterday’s abject performance, I don’t think Sancho is who we need. Our defence is a multi-million dollar cesspool of nothingness
Yeah our defence clearly isn't good enough there is no argument about that

BaillyBaillyBailly

Think if we didn't have so many CB's on the books maybe we would actually hear something on signing one,however expect Ole to just keep faith in Eric & Axel staying fit
Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe should go out on loan. We should just terminate Rojo's contract at this point and pay him up. Smalling either sell or keep.

Suv666

Shocking really when you consider the amount of cash we've spunked on our defence.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I am surprised by your statement, you're usually good with your analysis of the football.
We have had 2 offside goals and each time, Rashford was at fault but the movement and ball passing was crisp and smart, breaking lines with triangles.
The Rashford goal was individual brilliance but the construction needed Bruno.

What made us not look good in the last game was the fact that we had a lot of passes that were missed. And as a result, we give away possession, helping the opposition. I can only consider that as being a lack of concentration due to loss of focus and fitness. When we are match fit, our players won't make those mistakes. We know that because we've seen the goals, and sequences of brilliance they are capable of having, including the goals ruled off for offside. Can we improve? Yes, we definitely need the ability to change and update the team when some of the players are out of form. But you won't see Pogba slip and miss a pass often... and that was all over the pitch across almost all players.

I do think there are areas of improvements. But Ole knows them and our focus right now should be winning games ugly, until match fitness is top notch. That's at least the whole month of October. One hope we can have is that if our match fitness peaks later, maybe we will have less issues with the end of the season relative to the other teams.
I don't see how it contradicts what I said. The attack need better support from the midfield and full backs and individual performance will only get us so far. Only Bruno, in the rest of team, can be counted to create danger and openings consistently.

BaillyBaillyBailly

Seen how much City have spent on full backs and centre backs in last 4 years?? Another £60m tonight!
It's incredible that Liverpool spent £75m on VVD + £4m on Robertson and that solved their defence.
City have spent on Walker, Mendy, Laporte, Stones Otamendi, Dias, Mangala, Demichelis and you could argue the only successful ones out of them are Walker and Laporte.
United have spent on Shaw, Rojo, Lindelof, Maguire, Bailly, AWB and I'm not sure you could say any of those are successful. Seems like defence is just impossible to sort out.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Negativity is part and parcel of being by a football fan, no less than being fickle, I’m one of the worse, but this whole you’re better off Signing for XYZ baffles me when it comes from our “own”.
I said. Why would sancho wants to play for us.

Go on. Enlighten me.

Other than a boatload of cash i dont think we offer much.

BaillyBaillyBailly

I said. Why would sancho wants to play for us.

Go on. Enlighten me.

Other than a boatload of cash i dont think we offer much.
I don't buy the below myself, but you could make this argument.
1. Boatload of money
2. Play with your mates (Rashford, Maguire, Greenwood)
3. Play for a team that were huge when you were growing up and so probably hold some nostalgia
4. Be part of (potentially) something very exciting in the rebuild of United. United ended last season with momentum, if he believes that can be continued he might see us as attractive.

Red_toad

Ha, bit of a tit in his previous life then. Wonder if he would continue such rubbish now though. He's generally been OK of late on his videos.
Most tediously boring parody of a United fan I've ever seen. Lord knows why anyone would watch him. He's still a tit watched him for a while but it was just the same bile over and over again.

LoneStar

Seen how much City have spent on full backs and centre backs in last 4 years?? Another £60m tonight!
They have two titles to show for that as well, what do we have? A distant second and third place finish.

Tarrou

don't come at me with facts and shit i don't care, Goldbridge is reliable AF this is on!

SinNombre

It's incredible that Liverpool spent £75m on VVD + £4m on Robertson and that solved their defence.
City have spent on Walker, Mendy, Laporte, Stones Otamendi, Dias, Mangala, Demichelis and you could argue the only successful ones out of them are Walker and Laporte.
United have spent on Shaw, Rojo, Lindelof, Maguire, Bailly, AWB and I'm not sure you could say any of those are successful. Seems like defence is just impossible to sort out.
Shaw and Maguire are as much of a success as Walker and Laporte. You shouldn't judge Maguire purely off his price tag.

Then we need to spend abit more !
None of these muppets realize City's 2 league titles under Pep were "won" by players signed before him.

Aguero, Silva, Kompany (by Mancini)
KDB, Sterling, Fernandinho (by Pellegrini)

The only good player United had 5 years back was DDG.

And Pep has still spent as much as United in the past 5 years.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
It's not quite as easy as that - Liverpool have 3 central midfielders who at least are as good defensively as they are going forward. We have Pogba and Bruno who aren't. City has De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan and Foden to name some - who aren't either. And it's also easy to forget that Liverpools defence hasn't been that great lately. Of course some of it is down to knowing that the league was already won but still. 4 goals against City, 3 against Leeds, Chelsea and Watford, 2 against West Ham and Arsenal

lysglimt

Scout
They have two titles to show for that as well, what do we have? A distant second and third place finish.
If you sign 40-50 players - eventually you are going to get a few of them right and create a good team - the problem is, no other teams than Chelsea and City can afford to dish out money like that - so you can't really compare those 2 to everyone else.

LisburnWhite

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"

LoneStar

If you sign 40-50 players - eventually you are going to get a few of them right and create a good team - the problem is, no other teams than Chelsea and City can afford to dish out money like that - so you can't really compare those 2 to everyone else.
We spent 120M on Maguire and AWB, and you can argue we have regressed (I don’t think so). We are nowhere near close to a title without having to spend on another good CB and a LB.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't understand this mental state. So if City spent hundreds of millions for their defence and still fail, we supposed to be ok with our defence spending?

The United

We spent 120M on Maguire and AWB, and you can argue we have regressed (I don’t think so). We are nowhere near close to a title without having to spend on another good CB and a LB.
We had a RB who had one of the worst defensive and offensive displays in United shirt and yet we need a LB more than a RB...

Status
Not open for further replies.