Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
Elite club :lol: :lol: :lol:

They've literally been us for good few years now, average
Average club? Are you joking?
By brand, results, fans, wealth in the past 10 years they are in the top 10 teams in the world.. Please be serious, Dortmund is everything but an average club

Last edited:

Stretender

It’s a forum. If we all thought the same there’d be no point in having forums, we could all just sing a song and wank each other off in old Trafford
I get your point. But its not a forum for insulting or belittling the football club.

Theres is some inferiority complex amongst some posters on here who think football only started when Messi came onto the scene.

Liverpool have won more champions league trophies than Barcelona but some people will think they are bigger than Liverpool. I think it's the other way round.

I just wish United fans on here can express more pride in Manchester United Football Club because its a fact that we are the most supported football club in the world, we have a great history and the club has managed to come through some challenging times since the Busby era.

The fact that we have not won alot since Fergie left does not diminish our standing as a giant of a football club.

I will admit I am the first person who is very critical of the Glazers, Woodward, the coaching and player performances from Pogba Rashford, Lindelof, Maguire etc, but it doesn't make me look down on the club. This club and its history did not start 8 years ago. People need to be more positive about the club. We will be winning things soon.

We are Manchester United and we will never die.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Hardly outrageous to say that we wouldn't be his preferred option if it were between us, Chelsea or Liverpool to choose from next season.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I've just stumbled on BvB subreddit to read their post-match threads and insights on Sancho, literally every post says the same - he is absolutely useless versus teams that sit deep and just counter attack.

Is that the accurate description or is it just overreacting after bad performance from their fans?
Its a bluff to make us think he's not suitable for us. So we pressure the board to buy someone else and they keep the generational talent.

Genuinely no idea

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I want to be optimistic, but there's no real rumours about this guy or anyone, so frustrating!

Chief123

Never going to happen

Why our own fans like to shite on our own young players never ceases to amaze me

DANIEL JAMES is a "major part" of Manchester United's future and will not be loaned out.

That is the view of James' agent Jonathan Barnett, who has ruled out the Welsh winger going out on loan following a drop in form and emergence of 18-year-old Mason Greenwood.

Barnett told Stretty News: "He's a major part of Man United's team. I see him playing for Man United."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12064951/daniel-james-man-utd-loaned/

If it were to happen and that's a BIG if, it's a LOAN
I’ll always back any utd player. But if Dan James is a massive part of our future as you say, then we have a seriously bleak future.

alexanderplatz

Exactly. We buy Sancho and move on to other targets may be in January.

I fear we have left it too late to buy a central defender so for now just concentrate on Sancho.

You completely misread my post. Take your time to read and understand the post before responding with some preconceived views of your own.

Talk about seeing something that you want to see rather than what is actually there.

And you are a real fan right?

See my posts critical about players, coaching, transfers and the management of the club by Woodward and the Glazers.

I criticize where things are going wrong and need to be fixed so that the club can achieve success.

What I do not do is come here and belittle the the football club which is a great institution. You hear Radio and TV presenters who are not Manchester United fans , Managers of rival teams and even players describe United as the biggest football club in the world. These are people not connected to United but appreciate the position of Manchester United in the world of sport.

Then you get some random internet poster come on to a United forumn and start belittling the club. That is what I can't understand.

There are openly Chelsea, Liverpool, Madrid or Arsenal fans who post on here and I understand why they would laugh at United. What I don't understand is a United fan or so called United fan laughing at United. What joy do you get from that as a fan?

If want to read about fans laughing at United I go on Arsenal Mania or Rawk and I perfectly get why they do it. Because they are rival fans.

My point is you can criticize the football, the coaching and the running of Manchester United, but dont come here and belittle the great name of Manchester United. Those are two different things.
To be fair Woodward et al are doing a mighty fine job of belittling the club all by themselves

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I get your point. But its not a forum for insulting or belittling the football club.

Theres is some inferiority complex amongst some posters on here who think football only started when Messi came onto the scene.

Liverpool have won more champions league trophies than Barcelona but some people will think they are bigger than Liverpool. I think it's the other way round.

I just wish United fans on here can express more pride in Manchester United Football Club because its a fact that we are the most supported football club in the world, we have a great history and the club has managed to come through some challenging times since the Busby era.

The fact that we have not won alot since Fergie left does not diminish our standing as a giant of a football club.

I will admit I am the first person who is very critical of the Glazers, Woodward, the coaching and player performances from Pogba Rashford, Lindelof, Maguire etc, but it doesn't make me look down on the club. This club and its history did not start 8 years ago. People need to be more positive about the club. We will be winning things soon.

We are Manchester United and we will never die.
I take your point and I think most older fans respect the history, tradition (id live for us to go back to 442 with traditional wingers for example) and it’s prestige. However none of these things seem to count in terms of attracting and keeping players anymore. We need to become the best in our own league again. That will take investment, planning and coaching. We seem to lack in all of those so rightly people can criticize the club and it’s owners.

Revan

Assumptionman
Thats just your opinion and this bigger than your club argument is very subjective.

There are some fans who have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Spanish teams mainly because they had Ronaldo and Messi at their peak during the past 10 years or so.

I always wonder why they support Manchester United, because they spend most of the time fawning about the Spanish teams. Trust me if I was a Mod, I would ban these strange fans from the caf.

To suggest Manchester United is not bigger than the Spanish teams is just a joke really. We haven't won things in the past 7 years but we are definitely the most famous and marketable football club in the world. If we were still winning our revenues would be far far ahead of our nearest rivals.

I don't know about you but I consider Liverpool bigger than the 2 Spanish teams but smaller than Manchester United.

People who carry on underating Manchester United, why don't you go and support other teams? I just can't get my head round it
By any reasonable metric (shirts sold, number of followers in Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, commercial revenue) we lag behind Madrid/Barca, so consequently, we don’t have a bigger or more famous brand than them.

And on trophies (especially the biggest one), Madrid has won as many as EPL combined.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I've just stumbled on BvB subreddit to read their post-match threads and insights on Sancho, literally every post says the same - he is absolutely useless versus teams that sit deep and just counter attack.

Is that the accurate description or is it just overreacting after bad performance from their fans?
I think anyone expecting him to be miles better than our current front 3 if we sign him will be disappointed but which players are particularly good against teams that sit deep? Every player is better with time and space. Packed defences are hard to break down.

Revan

Assumptionman
I honestly don't think players care as much about certain things as much as people here do.

He wants to win trophies, he wants money, he wants consistent CL, he wants to play good attacking football.

Everything else is much less important.

Players look at managers, other players coming to the team, if the club are improving. None of these are good for us.

We can offer one of these things consistently. We are lucky no one else has bid for him.
I would say that city is also important. Better to live in a city you like.

I also argue that a manager you like is part of the decision, cause working is much more fun with a boss you think is great.

I don’t think that the shirt number is important (unless you have a big brand like CR7), and no one except fans cares about history (and in any case, all big clubs except City, PSG and Chelsea have a very rich history, as rich if not richer than us).

We were attractive to players cause we were winning a lot and had an awesome manager that increased the chances for trophies. We never had the location/climate point but that got compensated by the other attributes. Right now, all we have to offer is money, sad as it is. If we become good again, we will become more attractive (more attractive than Liverpool cause we can offer more money and as attractive as City, possibly slightly more cause of his history but anyway who cares about that).

As long as Barca/Madrid do good on pitch, they will be much more attractive than us, unless global warming changes the climate.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
Quality control
Sancho will be a Devill soon, its matter of days now..
There is only 1 problem, not so big.. Chance Dortmund is going to sell him is 0.00001% :D

cyberman

I would say that city is also important. Better to live in a city you like.

I also argue that a manager you like is part of the decision, cause working is much more fun with a boss you think is great.

I don’t think that the shirt number is important (unless you have a big brand like CR7), and no one except fans cares about history (and in any case, all big clubs except City, PSG and Chelsea have a very rich history, as rich if not richer than us).

We were attractive to players cause we were winning a lot and had an awesome manager that increased the chances for trophies. We never had the location/climate point but that got compensated by the other attributes. Right now, all we have to offer is money, sad as it is. If we become good again, we will become more attractive (more attractive than Liverpool cause we can offer more money and as attractive as City, possibly slightly more cause of his history but anyway who cares about that).

As long as Barca/Madrid do good on pitch, they will be much more attractive than us, unless global warming changes the climate.
Players going to Liverpool, City, Bayern etc and not being touched by Spains big two kind of disproves this. The appeal of playing in the most watched league in the world evens up wanting to play in Spain for the big 2 for non latin players. Being the most watched league in the world starts to hold appeal for each generation of player that passes. Its the same logic as being a Madrid fan watching Ronaldo growing up. If youre growing up watching the EPL then it holds the same logic.
What actual best players in the world even plays in Spain these days? And who are they strongly linked to that are coming in to change that?
Its ok saying cycles but its not as if theyre turning all of these world class players down. As soon as the world record fees and 500k a week wages dried up, the propaganda machine about dreams of Madrid etc stardom dried up as well.
Players these days are a lot more career conscious than players of yesteryear. Actual appeal of clubs as in choosing Madrid over Liverpool has narrowed greatly. Its a bit of an outdated view to have.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Frustrated? Who is Frustrated? We delayed things and we are now Frustrated??

Fox outside the box

I can imagine Ed in his office being upset Dortmund didnt just let him sign with us on a free. That was the extent of his negotiating ability.
You don't even know what the structure of the club, why are you talking about something you don't understand?

I don't understand quantum mechanics so do you know what? I don't talk about it and act like I do. It's shocking how many of our supposed fans know so little about the club they claim to support. If you're going to sit and make adhominem attacks instead of contributing anything valuable, at least direct them at the right people.

JohnZSmith27

You don't even know what the structure of the club, why are you talking about something you don't understand?

I don't understand quantum mechanics so do you know what? I don't talk about it and act like I do. It's shocking how many of our supposed fans know so little about the club they claim to support. If you're going to sit and make adhominem attacks instead of contributing anything valuable, at least direct them at the right people.
Pretty sure he was just joking. Man, this transfer (or lack thereof) has people on edge.

Fox outside the box

Frustrated? Who is Frustrated? We delayed things and we are now Frustrated??
We may have been able to, even should have, done things differently but people need to stop acting like this is a simple transaction. I don't know the ins and outs but one of the most expensive transfers of all time is a tricky thing to do in jormla circumstances but the world is a little upside down right now as well. I imagine it's incredibly frustrating from the inside. It's easy for us to be armchair experts.

Fox outside the box

Pretty sure he was just joking. Man, this transfer (or lack thereof) has people on edge.
Maybe but even if he was, there are 100 other comments that aren't. It's just tiresome, the same tired old insults just get posted without actually adding anything.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hopefully this plays out similarly to the Berba deal.
Highly likely we will take it to the very last day to get our desired price, and are even well prepared to lose out, as we can still sign Sarr or Brooks the next day. This makes our negotiation position so much stronger.

BVB know all of this and will feel real pressure as the offer lands and upto the deadline. Let’s see how truthful BVB were in their statements in August!

southwellweb

I've been a long time lurker on these forums but this is one of my vary rare posts... I'm sure this has been mentioned before but tomorrow is the shareholders Q4 earnings call. With united being a publicly listed company it is more difficult for them to conduct business early in the transfer window if they have had a difficult year financially.
Q4 earnings are huge for investors and if we make a loss of over £100m (which is widely expected for the year) then we will be in breach of terms of one of the many loans we hold. This could potentially cause a big stock sell off and damage the clubs finances even further. I've always seen this as the main sticking point for the Sancho deal. It's a massive sum of money and would be much better executed after Q4 earnings when the club has 4 months to absorb the cost slightly before the first earnings call of next year.
There was never going to be a big deal before the 28th September but if earnings and the markets react positively tomorrow then I'd fully expect transfer activity to pick back up. It's frustrating on a football perspective as the squad has huge gaps in it but from a business perspective it's just how things have to be. We're not bank rolled by oil or gas money so have to take care of investor relations and club finances before football decisions can be made.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
As a fan us doing some berry berry shrew savings of a few millions means diddly squat to me when its impacted results on the pitch. Rather have just paid the price and not lost to Palace.
Fixed
I would wash Ed’s Rolls every Sunday if that was the case.

And you can print that.

Was the “berry berry” supposed to be a Roy Hodgson homage?
Reference to a 'bizarre' post from a few years back.

JohnZSmith27

Maybe but even if he was, there are 100 other comments that aren't. It's just tiresome, the same tired old insults just get posted without actually adding anything.
Yeah but you could argue that describes most threads on the forum. Best to stick the thread on ignore if you're not looking to see such posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.