Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

He is not joining Liverpool ffs. None of their front 3 are being sold and the only place ive seen it mentioned is on a United forum by fans who have spent 6 months saying nothing but forget it / close this thread, hes not coming.
Just looking for reasons to validate their point

RUCK4444

You haven’t read comments from the German fans then.

“Clown” is one of the kinder comments I saw.

Point is, given time and resources a good coach can become a great one. We tend to forget the clamour to fire Fergie especially after the 5-1 at Maine Rd
Yes I remember him being seen as a bit of a goofy hipster type and quite a lot had him down as a bottler.

People here believe that a manager never improves or that the quality of a squad has absolutely no baring on how a manager performs.

They are magicians in their eyes and not only that - they are born magicians.

Judas

Open to offers
He is not joining Liverpool ffs. None of their front 3 are being sold and the only place ive seen it mentioned is on a United forum by fans who have spent 6 months saying nothing but forget it / close this thread, hes not coming.
Yeah, as much as I think it'll be a task for us to sign him, I really don't see him joining Liverpool. Think we should be happy that Chelsea have made the signing they did yesterday though, that's fuel for the muppet fire.

Infra-red

What a load of nonsense where are you getting this from.
Their deal with Nike commences this summer and is worth £100m a year. Our deal with Adidas is set to drop in value (assuming no CL participation) to £53m. It has been speculated that if we miss CL qualification, both Liverpool and City will overtake us in next season's 'football money league'.

Liverpool can certainly afford to match our spending, on any player, this summer.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/liverpool-nike-kit-deal-100-million-year

zenith

If it's just him and Grealish for the summer, oh what I would give for that.

Is not even a case of affordability for us. Pogba will be sold for at least 100 million and we can easily make around 45 million from the sales of Smalling, Rojo, lingard, Bailey, Sanchez and maybe Pereira.

The only question like many pointed out is his desire to come to united. For that to happen we really need to push hard for the remainder of the season and finish as high up the table as possible. Also important to win the europa in order to secure CL. Because let's face it, playing in the europa is a huge step down for someone used to playing at CL level.

IMHO it really depends on the run in and how we perform. If it's a disaster class then it'll be difficult to attract Grealish, let alone Sancho, but if we manage to pull it together somehow then this summer can be a game changer for us.

romufc

Their deal with Nike commences this summer and is worth £100m a year. Our deal with Adidas is set to drop in value (assuming no CL participation) to £53m. It has been speculated that if we miss CL qualification, both Liverpool and City will overtake us in next season's 'football money league'.

Liverpool can certainly afford to match our spending, on any player, this summer.

It is actually up to £100m a year. The base is about £40m and 20% on sales they make.. e.g Shirt sales.

This is not guaranteed £100m.

Infra-red

It is actually up to £100m a year. The base is about £40m and 20% on sales they make.. e.g Shirt sales.

This is not guaranteed £100m.
The £100m is dependent on sales (which, as Premier League/Champions League winners, you'd expect to be high).

It will eclipse our Adidas deal, even if that deal is still worth its full value, which, from next season, it won't be.

romufc

The £100m is dependent on sales (which, as Premier League/Champions League winners, you'd expect to be high).

It will eclipse our Adidas deal, even if that deal is still worth its full value, which, from next season, it won't be.
Ofcourse it will eclipse our deal.. a deal that was done in 2014.. and they are just about to eclipse it.

The max it will hit is 100m, and it wont be £100m on the first day.

Infra-red

Ofcourse it will eclipse our deal.. a deal that was done in 2014.. and they are just about to eclipse it.

The max it will hit is 100m, and it wont be £100m on the first day.
It will be interesting to see what kind of offers we get when we go out to tender. Our current round of headline commercial deals were largely agreed on the back of consecutive years of unprecedented success.

romufc

It will be interesting to see what kind of offers we get when we go out to tender. Our current round of headline commercial deals were largely agreed on the back of consecutive years of unprecedented success.
You never know what happens in 4 years time. We could be winning the league and get a better deal.

ottosec

That made me question the decisions made by Salah,Klopp, Fabinho, or Van Dijk for joining a trophyless club. No ambition whatsoever.
None of them were as highly rated or had as many suitors as Sancho.

meamth

None of them were as highly rated or had as many suitors as Sancho.
Fair enough, but my point is, Manchester United is still a lucrative destination for most footballers.

Just look at Bruno, he suddenly became global football superstar after he signed for united.

GBBQ

I really don't think that's the case; United and the Premier League are global brands that have huge amounts of global followers and there's multiple companies who would be happy to pay to be seen on United's jersey. AIA seem happy enough to spunk 320 million on renewing their Spurs shirt sponsorship deal having amassed a grand total of zero trophies during their current deal.

meamth

I really don't think that's the case; United and the Premier League are global brands that have huge amounts of global followers and there's multiple companies who would be happy to pay to be seen on United's jersey. AIA seem happy enough to spunk 320 million on renewing their Spurs shirt sponsorship deal having amassed a grand total of zero trophies during their current deal.
Spot on.

The next deal will always be bigger than the previous ones, unless we're relegated...

crossy1686

career ending
True... but if you are being honest you would also have to admit that Manchester United currently isnt the dreamclub to play/sign for when you arent a Manchester United fan.
It's not but we're still one of the top 3 clubs in the world and are at least showing some ambition to be back at the top. As much as many, many bad decisions have been made, and probably will continue to be made we're still trying to compete, we're not showing a lack of ambition.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
John Cross who covers the London clubs has said that Sancho wants to join Man Utd ahead of the rest of the interested clubs.

Craig Ward

I could see Salah leaving.......

He's had fallings out with Mane and you can detect little frustrations from his teammates, especially Firmino with his greedyness on times.

Just a feeling. Salah to Real, Sancho to Liverpool

cyberman

I could see Salah leaving.......

He's had fallings out with Mane and you can detect little frustrations from his teammates, especially Firmino with his greedyness on times.

Just a feeling. Salah to Real, Sancho to Liverpool
But theres no rumours of that. Like at all. If there was any chance of that at all it would be in motion but theres just nothing. I cant even see where he would go

gajender

We would lose 30% of the kit value spread over remaining years of the deal and Liverpool are getting 30 million upfront and rest as royalty based on sales which needs to be around 600million for them to earn 150million you quoted which is not happening luckily for us.

GBBQ

John Cross who covers the London clubs has said that Sancho wants to join Man Utd ahead of the rest of the interested clubs.
My big hope is that Sancho is actually keen to play football every week (hence why he moved to Dortmund rather than sitting on City's bench and getting medals and the odd minute here and there) and for all the teams interested, United is the one clearly lacking in the right wing. Its the one club he would be an undisputed starter at.

the big worry is if its in any way contingent in getting CL football because I just don't see that happening with the way our form has been.

Infra-red

Our commercial revenues have flatlined since 2016 and our current sponsors certainly don't seem to be very happy about their continued association with United:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/glazers-woodward-out.447205/page-75#post-25258963

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ic-appearances.html?__twitter_impression=true

Infra-red

We would lose 30% of the kit value spread over remaining years of the deal and Liverpool are getting 30 million upfront and rest as royalty based on sales which needs to be around 600million for them to earn 150million you quoted which is not happening luckily for us.
We lose 30% of the value of the kit deal next year. It will stay at that level until we qualify for the Champions League. Also, the figure quoted was £100m.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sancho is a playmaker who plays on the flank. I wouldn't call him a winger. He is someone that not only would provide a real threat from the flank but would greatly help us create and score due to his undoubted craft and guile in and around the box. I could see him play as a #10 in the future if the headcoach so desired to play him in the role.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People seem to forget that Liverpool likely have absences in Salah and Mane next season for the Olympics and AFCON. They could easily add Sancho to the squad and keep all of them happy. Online commentators are way too prone to distilling squad management down to a set first XI that does not account for form, injury, rest and tactics.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
My big hope is that Sancho is actually keen to play football every week (hence why he moved to Dortmund rather than sitting on City's bench and getting medals and the odd minute here and there) and for all the teams interested, United is the one clearly lacking in the right wing. Its the one club he would be an undisputed starter at.

the big worry is if its in any way contingent in getting CL football because I just don't see that happening with the way our form has been.
We need to let this idea go. He will not be going anywhere to be a £120m substitute.

saivet

He was widely regarded as a serial loser and a wacky hipster manager up until the CL win.
Him losing finals was just a stick opposition fans used to beat him with to get at Liverpool fans and it was funny.

Even before the CL win I think near enough all of these supporters would have taken him as their manager.

Now he's jumped the hurdle at Liverpool we have nothing.

Infra-red

Sancho is a playmaker who plays on the flank. I wouldn't call him a winger. He is someone that not only would provide a real threat from the flank but would greatly help us create and score due to his undoubted craft and guile in and around the box. I could see him play as a #10 in the future if the headcoach so desired to play him in the role.
Yep. His dribbling and passing ability means he's just as comfortable terrorising fullbacks on the flanks, as he is playing in tight spaces centrally. He's a dream of a player and if we can get him, we absolutely should. The problem is that as a football project, we leave a lot to be desired and, as explained above, our financial advantage relative to our rivals, is somewhat diminished.

cyberman

People seem to forget that Liverpool likely have absences in Salah and Mane next season for the Olympics and AFCON. They could easily add Sancho to the squad and keep all of them happy. Online commentators are way too prone to distilling squad management down to a set first XI that does not account for form, injury, rest and tactics.
Liverpool do have a set 11 though

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Knew it wouldn't be long until the English media mentioned Liverpool in the mix...

For the record, I can't see Liverpool spending that kind of money on him. City are more likely to do that then them.
Looks at the money they spent on VvD and Keita. They can (and they will) spend big on a 20 year old talent like him. The AFCON is in january this year. They spent very little money last year. They will be looking at giving their team a boost after winning a bit like Ferguson used too.

And they dont really need anyone, so why not just spend big on the most special talent available for your most important position in the team?

Surprised so many are in denial about it. It actually makes sense. They will get him AND Werner.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't see them breaking their wage structure for him.

Reliable Liverpool journo:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Well that has certainly got my muppet juices flowing! :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I can't see them breaking their wage structure for him.

Reliable Liverpool journo:

Don't think the fee would be a problem if we really wanted him and he wanted to join us, it's the wages indeed. If he's already on £190k/week, he would basically need to accept a status quo because we won't instantly make him the top earner of the squad. At best we can make him some promises that he's going to £250k/week or something like that if he keeps growing like he has been the last two years and truly develops into one of the best in the world, but even then, can't really see it happening.

Timo Werner would make far more sense for us (definitely from a financial POV).

GBBQ

Our commercial revenues have flatlined since 2016 and our current sponsors certainly don't seem to be very happy about their continued association with United:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/glazers-woodward-out.447205/page-75#post-25258963

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ic-appearances.html?__twitter_impression=true
Two unverifiable claims. Maybe the current sponsors do want out. I know Chevrolet regretted it because they changed their mind about trying to grow in the EU. But it doesn't mean that other companies wont be falling over themsevles to be connected with us and to be seen globally on a regular basis.
We need to let this idea go. He will not be going anywhere to be a £120m substitute.
Lets wait and see. Its a hope more than anything that its a perfect match on paper.

Mainoldo

I can’t believe we actually feel like Liverpool can compete with us financially. He was only ever going to us or Chelsea at the prices being quoted.

That Mail article looks terrible. Is it just me or does the Premier League need United and Chelsea to rise again. Just for brand value alone.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Ziyech wont be brought in to play on the wing IMO. He is coming in as a number 10,someone to unlock a defence behind the striker.
I still reckon we will be in the running for Sancho, but it'll be CL dependant
Who is your highest paid player(s)? Do you feel your club is ready, or able to pay £300k per week to anyone (plus the upheaval of other top players then demanding parity?)

I don't think people take on board what it means to bring in these kind of players to sides who aren't already paying galactic wages to others.

I said the same for Liverpool as I'd say for Chelsea; the kind of signing Sancho is will shake infrastructure to its core - even for United, I have my doubts we will put him on our books unless we can finally be rid of Sanchez and his absurd wage. I sincerely hope the alternative, that of Pogba's salary being reallocated (alongside the transfer fee) is not how we intend to pursue Sancho. It's either that or we manage to purge the squad and parlay that against his wage.

Whatever way it's funded, we're in a position to cater with a structure in place which means we're not going to have a lot of others knocking on the door complaining. Is this the case for Chelsea?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who is your highest paid player(s)? Do you feel your club is ready, or able to pay £300k per week to anyone (plus the upheaval of other top players then demanding parity?)

I don't think people take on board what it means to bring in these kind of players to sides who aren't already paying galactic wages to others.

I said the same for Liverpool as I'd say for Chelsea; the kind of signing Sancho is will shake infrastructure to its core - even for United, I have my doubts we will put him on our books unless we can finally be rid of Sanchez and his absurd wage. I sincerely hope the alternative, that of Pogba's salary being reallocated (alongside the transfer fee) is not how we intend to pursue Sancho. It's either that or we manage to purge the squad and parlay that against his wage.

Whatever way it's funded, we're in a position to cater with a structure in place which means we're not going to have a lot of others knocking on the door complaining. Is this the case for Chelsea?
I think Chelsea's highest earner is Kante, who earns around 300k per week.

TrueRed79

Yeah i can see the lure of joining a sinking ship currently in 8th, with a manager of the ilk of Solksjaer. What a career move that would be for a player like him....

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Don't think the fee would be a problem if we really wanted him and he wanted to join us, it's the wages indeed. If he's already on £190k/week, he would basically need to accept a status quo because we won't instantly make him the top earner of the squad. At best we can make him some promises that he's going to £250k/week or something like that if he keeps growing like he has been the last two years and truly develops into one of the best in the world, but even then, can't really see it happening.

Timo Werner would make far more sense for us (definitely from a financial POV).
Yep. Think you'll go for Werner and have front three options as Salah, Mane, Firmino, Werner, Minamino, Origi. Should be enough with some of your youngsters like Elliott in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.