Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCurry

Depends how a Sancho deal would be structured. If it works out at say 120mill but paid over 3 years I imagine we could easily be in the market for other positions
That should never have an impact on a signing. If we want 3 years to pay for a player and selling club wants all the money outright, we can simply take a 3 year loan from the bank and stagger the payments that way. Only difference is that you have to pay extra interest and this thing needs to be planned. You can’t try to do it on the last day of transfer window.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

That should never have an impact on a signing. If we want 3 years to pay for a player and selling club wants all the money outright, we can simply take a 3 year loan from the bank and stagger the payments that way. Only difference is that you have to pay extra interest and this thing needs to be planned. You can’t try to do it on the last day of transfer window.
I imagine this is why all our transfers end up taking so long to get over the line. First we agree a fee and then agree payment structure. The Maguire deal from what I have heard was 100% paid up front, but most of our other transfers have been paid in installments.

JoseChelsea

Supports
Chelsea
Sancho‘s best friends are all at Chelsea.
He is never going to ManUtd. Calm down.

He is Chelsea-bound. If he goes to ManUtd, I will delete my account:lol:

Lemansky

It would be a total disaster if newbie poster JoseChelsea deleted his account.

RUCK4444

I can't honestly believe there are people who would sooner bring in Traore. I thought we wanted to get back to the top? Traore is a decent player but Sancho would be a real statement of intent.

Yes, he doesn't solve all our problems, but our RW has been non existent for ages. Surely we want top talent there, not good squad players?
Laughable. Traore is having a purple patch and it is massively pace dependent. Can't see him having a particularly long career playing at the level he has this season, not with that physique.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

You might not have to delete your account mate.

Raven

Yeah, someone being sold for 100M+ is going to make one of the biggest of his life based on where his buddies are. As a side note, I'm sure he's friends with a number of our young English lads, not that it matters.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

From memory his best footballing friend is at Arsenal. He's then also close with quite a few of the English guys around his age, which includes players both at Chelsea and Utd.

JoseChelsea

Supports
Chelsea
What's weird is you chose this username when he was just announced United manager.
maybe it‘s my actual name? :lol:

There are many things pointing towards Chelsea concerning Sancho but nothing yet that would justify him going to ManUtd.

He is better off at Dortmund if ManUtd is his destination. Why would he go there?
To be trained by the rookie who relegated Cardiff? With no hope of winning any titles?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

There are many things pointing towards Chelsea concerning Sancho but nothing yet that would justify him going to ManUtd.

He is better off at Dortmund if ManUtd is his destination. Why would he go there?
To be trained by the rookie who relegated Cardiff? With no hope of winning any titles?
What's worse is Lampard has even less credentials than this.

Still find it funny that you joined this forum that date.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

That’s true. What is best for his career is the experienced trophy-winning manager that is Frank Lampard.

TheReligion

Abusive

Bit of a silly post when you're pointing that he should go to Chelsea where Lampard is the manager and what exactly has he done in his career so far? Other than getting smashed by Ole this season?

If you going to try and make points at least balance then out.

Cliche Guevara

I think the biggest stumbling block for anyone challenging United for Sancho will be wages.

If we are serious, as it seems, we could chuck £300k per week at him. Nobody else will come close.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think the biggest stumbling block for anyone challenging United for Sancho will be wages.

If we are serious, as it seems, we could chuck £300k per week at him. Nobody else will come close.
If we are to be realistic suitors, we'll need to convince any top player of authentic ambition and presumably have a top level manager lined up. I'm sure Sancho could get similar wages elsewhere.

diarm

All 13 posts of it?

Someone let Niall know he can hold off on that server farm for another year!

croadyman

I definitely feel that the London thing and growing up a Chelsea fan could still play a big part in his decision, however there is a chance we can overcome these obstacles if we are also able to offer him champions league football but without that I would give them the edge over us.

RedorDead21

I definitely feel that the London thing and growing up a Chelsea fan could still play a big part in his decision, however there is a chance we can overcome these obstacles if we are also able to offer him champions league football but without that I would give them the edge over us.
And the fact 90% of our own fan base say we are garbage on here every day...sit 9th in the table, with at least 4 clubs in our own league more desirable destinations right now never mind across all the other major European leagues...

Macedonian Red

Laughable. Traore is having a purple patch and it is massively pace dependent. Can't see him having a particularly long career playing at the level he has this season, not with that physique.
What if we cant get Sancho? With Ziyech sign for Chelsea, Traore is only remaining choice. Maybe Oyarzabal will come good but i am not convinced. Chiesa, Suso, Chukwueze and othere that are discused here are not MANUTD quality/potentional and never will be.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

"The prospect of going head-to-head with Chelsea in a bidding war for Jadon Sancho will hold little fear for Manchester United".

"Their attitude to a late challenge from Antonio Conte for Alexis Sanchez in 2018 reveals the confidence within Old Trafford they can see off any rival bid from Stamford Bridge"

Fridge chutney

What a juvenile load of nonsense.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He grew up 5 miles from Stamford Bridge and all his family still live there i think. It will definitely be a factor, although not the overall deciding factor admittedly.

cyberman

"The prospect of going head-to-head with Chelsea in a bidding war for Jadon Sancho will hold little fear for Manchester United".

"Their attitude to a late challenge from Antonio Conte for Alexis Sanchez in 2018 reveals the confidence within Old Trafford they can see off any rival bid from Stamford Bridge"
We are confident because we've had a years headstart on everybody else.
The only people pushing Chelsea sre Chelsea fans. They want this so bad but if Liverpool really are out then hes ours imo

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I don't see it as being a major factor. Hes spent 3 years living in Manchester already.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He grew up 5 miles from Stamford Bridge and all his family still live there i think. It will definitely be a factor, although not the overall deciding factor admittedly.
Indeed and as a united supporter I hope he joins us but really couldn't fault him if Chelsea are in the cl, offer him great wages, are managed by somebody who he grew up admiring and he has the opportunity to play in a team with one of his boyhood friends (c-ho) and he gets to move home and be close to his family
Not a done deal but as I say I couldn't fault him if he felt Chelsea ticked more boxes than us

Judas

Open to offers
As he's just spent time living in bloody Germany, I don't think the pull of being close to home will mean that much to him really, seems to put his football first ahead of such sentimental things.

Minkaro

I reckon we'll sign him. If he doesn't sign for United, you can delete JoseChelsea's account.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
We are confident because we've had a years headstart on everybody else.
The only people pushing Chelsea sre Chelsea fans. They want this so bad but if Liverpool really are out then hes ours imo
I think Liverpool will get him. But I could also see Barcelona get involved if they dont go for Neymar. Would think that Real Madrid with V. Junior, Rodrygo and Hazard are covered. Short term they got Bale too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Why would he go to play for a manager that is Solskjaer's biaatch..??

Scholsey2004

What's Chelsea's transfer record though? Is £120m+ even realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.