Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So is he definitely getting the number 7 shirt?
That or 11 you’d think, wears 7 for Dortmund and I don’t think he’s the type that would suffer from pressure at United.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I could still see us getting a cheap young CB and Grealish, yes I know what Villa keep saying about the £80m but would be very surprised if Utd are prepared to just give this up and obviously Jack needs to push it too. There is a very strong chance he decides to stay but still think this saga has plenty of mileage before that is the final outcome.
Yeah I had a similar prediction. If Grealish does happen, it’ll be very late in the window to drive the price down as much as possible.

But I personally don’t want us to go for him. I think VdB is the guy for me! While his price will be significantly less, he’s also had CL experience. I also think coming from a team like Ajax, he will be one of those players who has very solid foundations and must be well-groomed in terms of coaching. We need a player of his caliber in our team. Besides either one of these players would not be a potential starter so the need to spend significant funds on them during the current situation is not wise. Mind you, VdB’s off-field behaviour isn’t alarming either. He will be more reliable considering how Ole wants his players to behave.
That’s not to say I don’t hold Grealish in high regard, but I just think VdB is a much more viable option when all factors considered.

WPMUFC

That Daniel guy likely got the scoop on the structure of the deal. Now we're getting the BVB side via bild saying how the structure was presented. I think it's done.

Like I said before, a pretty toned down Pogba deal. It was all about structure of payment.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well that's good news .Could also means we will get only about 70m next year and 80 in 2022 as kitty.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Why is a 'not so concrete' tweet from SW becoming a reason for 'cocks out' time?

croadyman

Well that's good news .Could also means we will get only about 70m next year and 80 in 2022 as kitty.
Well that could get us a DM and decent young LB then activate Haaland clause the following summer. Obviously there will be other clubs in the race too but reckon we could have a decent chance of getting him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why is a 'not so concrete' tweet from SW becoming a reason for 'cocks out' time?
SW are quoting Bild (hit and miss as far as I know). Simon Peach seems to be backing it up in some weird fashion.

This probably has weeks left in it.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Where would he play? Would he play the role that Greenwood has been in lately? Just kinda want Mason to keep getting games as he's extremely talented.

croadyman

SW are quoting Bild (hit and miss as far as I know). Simon Peach seems to be backing it up in some weird fashion.

This probably has weeks left in it.
Nah I reckon we are nearly there now and Peach is rightfully feeling a bit annoyed because of that prat who DM'd his on his instagram that is for his life outside of being a football journalist

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think we’ll have assembled a good team by the end of this window so the next few windows will be justifiably calmer.

ayushreddevil9

I think we’ll have assembled a good team by the end of this window so the next few windows will be justifiably calmer.
Yes we need to get proper signings in this window. We will only be looking to add depth in further windows.

Every other year we would buy dross and end up looking for their replacement next year. Don't want that to happen.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yes we need to get proper signings in this window. We will only be looking to add depth in further windows.

Every other year we would buy dross and end up looking for their replacement next year. Don't want that to happen.
Sancho + VdB + Badiashile/Kabak (or Gabriel if neither of those) this window and we good to goooo

ayushreddevil9

Sancho + VdB + Badiashile/Kabak (or Gabriel if neither of those) this window and we good to goooo
I don't think we need VdB. We need more of a cover/competition for Matic.

I would like a backup for Bruno as well and Grealish would be my pick but we don't have a warchest.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

I would like a backup for Bruno as well and Grealish would be my pick but we don't have a warchest.
I’d much rather have McT get groomed for that role. Unless we can get Partey. I’d literally only make an exception for him.

Correct me if I’m wrong but can’t VdB also fill in that role if needed?

VdB would diminish the need to sign Grealish as well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’d much rather have McT get groomed for that role. Unless we can get Partey. I’d literally only make an exception for him.

McTominay's a bit too limited for that role, he's fine as a box to box but his passing range rules him out of any potential spot at DM for me.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
McTominay's a bit too limited for that role, he's fine as a box to box but his passing range rules him out of any potential spot at DM for me.
Sure but that’s presently. I think he’s still young and learning. McT for me, has been improving steadily every year and I see that trend continuing on.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hopefully but you never know. If Pogba doesn't sign a new contract we will be back to square one with looking to add more players.

Scholsey2004

He can but he's no better a passer than McTominay really. His strength is he's versatile but imo if he was as good as some on here think he wouldn't be statistically ranked the 14th best player in the Eridivisie, which we know is a far weaker league, he'd be smashing it up like Ziyech.

Scholsey2004

I don't know if it's just me but that reads like they'll get the full €120m, without any clauses being triggered through performances.

That would be a poor deal from our side, having performance related clauses in the deal would mean we've had some sort of success.
If you'd told me at the start of this season that for 120m Euros we'd be buying the best English player of his generation I'd have been overjoyed. When Covid has passed this is going to look like a terrific piece of business.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Erm Van De Beek IS backup for Bruno primarily. He is an attacking mid and plays there for Ajax more than he does in a central midfield pair of 2. So it doesn’t make sense when you say you don’t need VDB yet you want a backup for Bruno. If Grealish is going to cost 65-80m and there are absolutely no choices other than VDB and Grealish then I’d take VDB.

Last edited:

Jackal981

I think this is done tbf. Just need to be patient. Both had agreed to a price and just a matter of payment structure imo.

SATA

I am sure Sancho himself is as impatient as us waiting for both sides to conclude the deal. Bet he can’t wait to sign the contract and put on the red shirt :drool:

ayushreddevil9

Erm Van De Beek IS backup for Bruno primarily. He is an attacking mid and plays there for Ajax more than he does in a central midfield pair of 2. So it doesn’t make sense when you say you don’t need VDB yet you want a backup for Bruno. If Grealish is going to cost 65-80m and there are absolutely no choices other than VDB and Grealish then I’d take VDB.
VdB is not a pure number 10. He is more of an 8. And I mainly prefer Grealish because he is PL proven.

I like the new recruitment idea about players wanting to be here. I can't say with a certainty but Vdb had his move to Madrid called off and I believe he would come here only because they couldn't afford him. I would rather prefer Grealish who has always been a utd fan.

Last edited:

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Not sure it works like that.. if you sign Sancho for €120m over 6 years, it will cost the club €20m per year through the P&L regardless of the payment structure (plus his annual wages). Doesn’t get more complex than that in “cost” terms for the club. All that is being agreed here is Cashflow. All teams will be looking to protect their cashflow at the moment, so this will just be about the teams finding the right balance for a big deal. A club of your size will always be able to generate more cash.

I’d imagine transfers are rarely 100% upfront payment. Particularly ones of significant value.

Status
Not open for further replies.