Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
More like he`s being imaginative cause there is no way what he said is true. If such info came from a paper as reliable as The Athletic it would be everywhere by now but all credible papers and journos are saying the complete opposite and logically a transfer where personal terms are agreed with the player and finer details of the fee structure are being discussed is too advanced not to consider inevitable. It won`t drag beyond this week
The athletic have just tweeted that all the talks are going well so unsure what he's on about to be honest.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

I'm confused, what is he? Right or left footed? Another ambidextrous player coming in for us? :drool:
Don't think so. He's said himself that his weakness was his left foot and he'd like to work on it and improve it. Granted this was an interview a year or 2 ago.

Stretender

So is this payment to city of 15 million on Sancho fee true? City fans going on about it at the moment .I thought there was no sell on fee

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
So is this payment to city of 15 million on Sancho fee true? City fans going on about it at the moment .I thought there was no sell on fee
If it is 15 million you'd rather have Sancho.

You can invest in a player but it can amount to nothing at times, much rather have a big talent than 15m

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

I'm confused, what is he? Right or left footed? Another ambidextrous player coming in for us? :drool:
Exciting.

However on your ambidextrous point - definitely favours the right watching that video. Left looks more like a swinger

RkkMan

The athletic have just tweeted that all the talks are going well so unsure what he's on about to be honest.
Yeah I just saw it which proves my point. Either the guy who talked about that podcast was listening to someone that has as much intel on the story as an ostrich in sand or he`s completely made up the whole post to add unnecessary negativity to the forum maybe cause he didn`t want the deal to happen. Stupid from him either way

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah I just saw it which proves my point. Either the guy who talked about that podcast was listening to someone that has as much intel on the story as an ostrich in sand or he`s completely made up the whole post to add unnecessary negativity to the forum maybe cause he didn`t want the deal to happen. Stupid from him either way
Whats your take on the deal and the time line of how things will progress?

Unsure why anyone would not want Sancho. Proper United player and proper number 7. Sir Alex will approve greatly!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That’s probably come from city’s lawyers. It’s probably only 15 grand. Book cooking fecks.

UncleBob

This has all the makings of a "Good but not Great" transfer. Everything I have seen of him points to a good but not great player. I have no idea why fans are swooning so hard. Add to all this is the fact that he is still very young and may take time to push it to the next level. Blowing 100M+ on that makes little sense when we need several other reinforcements. In my opinion, Greenwood should be trusted to take the right wing and United need to get more secure (and older aka calm) in the back. Fans will say why can't we have both? The answer is obvious, you can't blow 100M+ on 1 signing and still sign 2-3 other players. In my view, we will only get 1 (max 2) signings this summer. We won't be "outscoring" our way to the titles with Sancho, that much seems certain.

Come to think of it, when was the last time a player from Dortmund (or even Germany) came to PL and knocked it out of the park?
what?

Oggi

The latest Athletic podcast is a bit more realistic about things (filmed and released today)

They say the stories from yesterday are just from Germany, and United’s stance is different and that things aren’t that far along.

Also said that Dortmund are thinking of waiting until next Summer to try to create an auction because they think that they can get more money when clubs are financially stronger and competing against each other more.
That isn’t what they said. Mitten said he talked to someone who knows Dortmund (but is unaffiliated) who speculated that they would have to calculate whether they’d be better off letting his contract run for another year. No actual insight from Dortmund’s side.

Stretender

That’s probably come from city’s lawyers. It’s probably only 15 grand. Book cooking fecks.
Hahaha. I get confusing messages from City fans. I sit next to a City season ticket holder in the office and he told me there is no such clause.Anyway its clever of them to do it. We will offset that with our sell on fee for Zaha

RkkMan

Whats your take on the deal and the time line of how things will progress?

Unsure why anyone would not want Sancho. Proper United player and proper number 7. Sir Alex will approve greatly!
I`m willing to bet my money the transfer won`t drag beyond this week it`s too advanced(personal terms with the player agreed and fee already agreed but structure being worked on with finer details being discussed) not to happen sooner or later and Sancho is one of the few attackers from this new generation that screams "Man Utd!!!!"
In my eyes he`s only behind Mbappe as one of the best youngsters in the world right now and as you said if Fergie was in charge he`d donate his kidney if possible to have him at Utd. He`ll defo play a big part in closing the gap on our rivals and we can finally rest over missing out on Hazard 8 years ago once we get this over the line

TheReligion

Abusive
This has all the makings of a "Good but not Great" transfer. Everything I have seen of him points to a good but not great player. I have no idea why fans are swooning so hard. Add to all this is the fact that he is still very young and may take time to push it to the next level. Blowing 100M+ on that makes little sense when we need several other reinforcements. In my opinion, Greenwood should be trusted to take the right wing and United need to get more secure (and older aka calm) in the back. Fans will say why can't we have both? The answer is obvious, you can't blow 100M+ on 1 signing and still sign 2-3 other players. In my view, we will only get 1 (max 2) signings this summer. We won't be "outscoring" our way to the titles with Sancho, that much seems certain.

Come to think of it, when was the last time a player from Dortmund (or even Germany) came to PL and knocked it out of the park?
What?!

RUCK4444

WTF is this?

drdoityourself

Aubameyang and Pulisic is well on his way of doing just that.

RkkMan

To answer your last question Aubameyang and Pulisic and if you think he`s good not great you haven`t watched him enough and even without the eye test no way a 20yr old who`s had double figures in goals and assists 2 seasons in a row is anything below top class. If you want to close the gap on the top 2 you need a player like Sancho especially when your depth beyond your front 3 is garbage and as for affording a CB its been reported we still want a CB as part of our business and we aren`t paying all of Sancho`s money at a go the first installment wont go beyond 50m so money is still there to spend.
Last point Greenwood is just 18 this is his first full season immediately making him a 50-60 game a season starter is risking him becoming Michael Owen 2.0 he needs to be a solid rotational player for at least another season first before he fully develops and he`s a ST by trade using him as a RW is wasting his talent anyway having Sancho means he develops as a ST

No Love

From reading your first paragraph, I’d question how much you’ve watched of Sancho, in all honesty. Players of this quality don’t come around often. We’re absolutely right to make this deal whilst we are able to do so.

Your point regarding imports from Germany/Dortmund is largely irrelevant; however, what about Auba? Hasn’t worked out too badly for him, I think that’s fair to say.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Hahaha. I get confusing messages from City fans. I sit next to a City season ticket holder in the office and he told me there is no such clause.Anyway its clever of them to do it. We will offset that with our sell on fee for Zaha
We won't be paying City 15 million on top of what we pay Dortmund. We pay Dortmund and they pay City. :)

Stretender

I think if we are being honest it's a big fee for Sancho and the Liverpool biased media will not give him time to settle down. However I am confident Sancho seems like the type of character who can handle the pressure. Because make no mistake, he won't be judged as a 20 year old player but as the most expensive transfer in the premier league. I see Pogba struggles to deal with his price tag clearly, but Sancho is a different kettle of fish. He is a Saf Landan boy am not worried.

RyRy11

I can see why you joined in 2013 and are still a “Newbie”...

Riz

If you want Greenwood to be trusted with the right wing then you’re relying on playing him consistently at 18/19 years old. Not only is that unwise for his long term development but his back ups are currently Juan Mata and Dan James - attacking reinforcements are an immediate priority.

Also disagree that we should be focusing on the back instead, to emphasise my point:

We were 3 goals away from having the best defence in the league.

We were 36 goals away from having the best attack in the league.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I think if we are being honest it's a big fee for Sancho and the Liverpool biased media will not give him time to settle down. However I am confident Sancho seems like the type of character who can handle the pressure. Because make no mistake, he won't be judged as a 20 year old player but as the most expensive transfer in the premier league. I see Pogba struggles to deal with his price tag clearly, but Sancho is a different kettle of fish. He is a Saf Landan boy am not worried.
Nope.

And I can already see the RT merchants on Twitter tweeting comparisons with Sancho when Brighton’s new £5m right-winger scores a couple of goals against Newcastle and West Brom early doors. :rolleyes:

Gazza

What's this obsession with Romano anyway? Why would an Italian journalist be the oracle of a transfer between an English and a German team? In general I think people should be wary about these journalists or sources who put themselves into the spotlight, who somehow "know" about everything that's going on everywhere. They are trying to create their own brand and thus have a strong incentive to get creative.
Seems an outdated POV that someone’s nationality makes them any less likely to have good contacts in a sport as global as football. He’s a fine source, just like Simon Stone, just like Christian Falk and all the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.