Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

My point exactly. 120 for Sancho isn't steep. It is very very reasonable.
You sound like a teenager trying to justify a purchase to their parents. Kidding aside, in this current climate I can understand if the club finds it unreasonable. The price is the same price as before covid so its unreasonable if BVB refuse to make any concessions at all.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You could question the "generational talent" claims if he was only performing domestically, but he's consistently scoring and assisting at every level of the game, which is always a fair indicator as to a player's ability.

The Bundesliga:
Played: 32
Goals: 17
Assists: 16

The Champions League:
Played: 8
Goals: 2
Assists: 1

For England:
Played 6:
Assists: 2

Plus tonnes of goals and assists for City and England U21's.

Rashford by comparison:

The Premier League:
Played: 31
Goals: 17
Assists: 7

The Europa League:
Played: 8
Assists: 1

For England:
Played 6:
Goals: 3
Assists: 0

Rashford holds his own in the goal-scoring department, but Sancho leaves him for dead where assists are concerned.

Rashford is considered to have had a very good campaign, with pundits, the media and fans praising him left, right and center, yet Sancho has surpassed him after playing at a higher level (the CL).

laughtersassassin

You sound like a teenager trying to justify a purchase to their parents. Kidding aside, in this current climate I can understand if the club finds it unreasonable. The price is the same price as before covid so its unreasonable if BVB refuse to make any concessions at all.
I can understand it but be honest with yourself based on other players prices Dortmund could easily be asking for more.

This place is underrating his performances. Also so far Covid has not affected prices one bit. Look at the winger Napoli signed from Lille.

Also cheers for being so condescending. Forums really need people like that.

Last edited:

Cliche Guevara

Ffs, everyone knows Mbappe is a generational player.

Do you realise you can have more than one generational player at the same time?

or is Mbappe the only generational player until he retires?
No you can’t have more than one generational player at a time. That’s literally what it means.

Problem is people are making up a new definition of generational talent left, right and centre.

feck knows which one yours is.

Chief123

No you can’t have more than one generational player at a time. That’s literally what it means.

Problem is people are making up a new definition of generational talent left, right and centre.

omg, what are you on about?

So Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Messi were not generational talents? They were all in the same age bracket and era.

You are beginning to sound really stupid. When was "generational player" label unique to one person in that era?

Meaning of generational talent:
" To qualify to be a generational talent, a player must have been at the very top of the game for a long period. This talent must have been obvious from a very young age with the player in question going on to do great things in his career. "

You really need to study what you are referring to before posting mate.

It’s a stupid term, and the sooner this forum loses it the better.

Cliche Guevara

So Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Messi were not generational talents? They were all in the same age bracket and era.

You are beginning to sound really stupid. When was "generational player" label unique to one person in that era?
Before people started talking shite about what generational meant, frankly.

It’s such a pointless expression which literally has no meaning and multi definitions.

Rolaholic

Yea that makes no sense :lol:

So Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Thierry Henry weren't generational talents either because they were part of the same era?

Robertd0803

Where did the change in thread title come from? Thought there had been a positive update.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
News from Dortmund:
Sancho staying and signs new huge contract until 2023.
Next year they are selling him.
Win-Win situation for Dortmund and Jadon

Rolaholic

Yeah the expression means feck all. Literally no meaning.
It's meant the top talents, as in the actual 1% in terms of ability/quality, from a certain period of time (hence the word generational) in most sports for quite a long time and it's not exclusive to this forum or football in particular at all.

You're getting bothered over semantics regarding an expression that's neither new nor ambiguous.

Would the words prodigy or wunderkind sound better to you? They've existed for even longer with much of the same meaning

macheda14

I mean if we went by your definition you could still call Sancho a generational talent in terms of English players. He has the talent to be the best English player of his generation and it’s plain to see that.

macheda14

Where did the change in thread title come from? Thought there had been a positive update.
Someone’s mate who works overlooking old Trafford saw white smoke coming from Old Trafford and hoped it was for Sancho’s unveiling video.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure it's just gone quiet so Dortmund can find their replacement.

We pretend talks are still happening so the club they are buying from don't get suspicious.

I think once we hear news of them signing somebody else we will hear done dealio.

If we weren't going forward it would be cancelled by now i'm sure.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Give me a leathering if you want later on but I am 100% certain this transfer is happening. No idea when but it will happen.

beingshe7don

Yes, if the Sancho deal fails, that's precisely what I fear - a last-minute panic-stricken mega deal for Grealish.
Grealish is hyped way too much. If we buy Grealish as a Sancho replacement, we'll be making the same mistake of shoehorning players like Mhikitariyan, Rashford, Martial, Dalot as RW when clearly they aren't. And at the price of 80m, I rather we hijack the Havertz deal instead to play as a False 9 with Rashford and Martial ahead of him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Good morning Howard Nurse, in other news Fergie was just announced as Man Utd manager, November 1986.
Howard Nurse have just confirmed that there a second wave of this pandemic known as the black plague.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Does begin to feel like this will get over the line (hearing silly stories that Sancho has joined the team's WhatsApp group) but I'm worried that, as usual, Woodward et al seem incapable of doing more than one thing at once and do wonder if we will get anyone else in - and we still don't really know if Pogba wants to stay (who cares, I hear them ask)

We need to get this done and then move to other targets (plus get rid of some of the deadwood to finance deals - no one seems interested in Rojo or Smalling (no surprise there). Looking at how others are "improving" (City and Chelsea in particular), we can't afford to fall any further behind: I honestly think we benefited hugely from the break

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Grealish is hyped way too much. If we buy Grealish as a Sancho replacement, we'll be making the same mistake of shoehorning players like Mhikitariyan, Rashford, Martial, Dalot as RW when clearly they aren't. And at the price of 80m, I rather we hijack the Havertz deal instead to play as a False 9 with Rashford and Martial ahead of him.
I think Havertz would be brilliant for us. OK, I haven't seen huge amounts of him, but he feels the closest to Scholes we will ever get...

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
It dosen’t make sense for Dortmund to keep him for another year with higher salary. Then lose €50 mill just to keep him for another year. They’re a selling club. Small club mentality who also is Bayern biggest feeder club. What exactly will they win next year? Bundesliga, CL? Haha, please sit down. 1 German Cup in 8 years says it all really.

Don’t think it was worth it letting Lewa and Götze leave on a free, was it? Playing hardball to keep reputation up? What reputation:lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It dosen’t make sense for Dortmund to keep him for another year with higher salary. Then lose €50 mill just to keep him for another year. They’re a selling club. Small club mentality who also is Bayern biggest feeder club. What exactly will they win next year? Bundesliga, CL? Haha, please sit down. 1 German Cup in 8 years says it all really.

Don’t think it was worth it letting Lewa and Götze leave on a free, was it? Playing hardball to keep reputation up? What reputation:lol:
Never understand why fans get mad at other clubs... he's their player. They set their price which is a fair price for a player like Jadon Sancho. Its pretty clear that its pay it or leave it type of situation. Same as we did for Pogba. Talk of them upping his pay and lilely extending his contract if they don't sell him too. I'm sure he wants to come back to the premier league, but why would he be desperate for it or in a rush? Guy is 20. If he sees that United aren't willing to pay whats needed then he might as well stay longer without pushing.

klayton88

Why should it be down to the selling club to knock money off? Would you accept say 20m less than Pogbas worth?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Never understand why fans get mad at other clubs... he's their player. They set their price which is a fair price for a player like Jadon Sancho. Its pretty clear that its pay it or leave it type of situation. Same as we did for Pogba. Talk of them upping his pay and lilely extending his contract if they don't sell him too. I'm sure he wants to come back to the premier league, but why would he be desperate for it or in a rush? Guy is 20. If he sees that United aren't willing to pay whats needed then he might as well stay longer without pushing.
He wants to come back to his country this year. Why should they stop it when they’re clearly making a huge profit on him? Just lower the asking price 10-15M and let him make his dream move. I wouldn’t stop him if I were his boss. They got 3 really good seasons from him and a huge profit. Just leave it there and move on. No need to play hardball and milk a few millions.

The market value should be what the market is ready to pay. Otherwise its overvalued. And I can’t see anyone forking out 120 mill? Therefore they set the price too high since we’re the only club interested. Its basic economy.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the official term is "daddy daddy want want".

roseguy64

I had a look around and you seems right I think. Most papers in English say £190k a week but most people in the forums say €6m. Well that simply put this saga on a whole new perspective I think.
That's because he didn't sign a new contract.

Suedesi

If I am Glazers, I don't sanction this move with COVID and uncertainty around revenues for some time to come. I'd be surprised if Sancho is a United player by season start.

crossy1686

career ending
If I am Glazers, I don't sanction this move with COVID and uncertainty around revenues for some time to come. I'd be surprised if Sancho is a United player by season start.
Agreed. I think it's daft to sanction the spend of that much in a season with so much uncertainty coming up. If COIVD continues to impact the economy Dortmund will get about £50m for Sancho next summer so there's no point in going mental now because they're being dicks.

bosnian_red

He wants to come back to his country this year. Why should they stop it when they’re clearly making a huge profit on him? Just lower the asking price 10-15M and let him make his dream move. I wouldn’t stop him if I were his boss. They got 3 really good seasons from him and a huge profit. Just leave it there and move on. No need to play hardball and milk a few millions.

The market value should be what the market is ready to pay. Otherwise its overvalued. And I can’t see anyone forking out 120 mill? Therefore they set the price too high since we’re the only club interested. Its basic economy.
So the club should just drop their price 15m because the player wants to move but is happy enough to wait it out if it doesnt happen? The player signed a contract. Just like Pogba with united. The club sets the terms of how they leave.

And you're wrong on the market. There's 2 different markets. One where the club doesn't want to sell a player, where they're only sold if their asking price is met. The other where the club wants to sell a player but is dependent on what is being offered. Sancho is very much in the grouping of club doesn't want to sell but will sell if a fair price is offered, and they set the fair price to he €120m (which is fair, all things considered).

In 2017 they sold a 20 year old Dembele to Barca for €105m + €40m in add ons, after Dembele season skipping training and forcing a move. Jadon Sancho is a bigger talent than Dembele was at the time, proved a lot more, and hasn't been forcing a move. So 3 years later, same age and a better player (who isn't forcing a move), they're asking for €25m less. It's pay up or shut up, and that's all there is to it.

bosnian_red

Compare it to Dembele in 2017. Same age, Sancho is a bigger talent and has proven more. Dembele was forcing a move and skipping training etc. Dortmund sold him for €105m + €40m. They're allegedly asking for €80m + €40m for Sancho. I'd say thats a fair price all things considered.

alexthelion

Not gonna lie starting to feel Dybala MK2 vibes now and it will be an absolute shame if we don`t get him. I`m not having this excuse of the pandemic making it hard to afford him didn`t Napoli who have far superior resources to us get affected as well yet they`ve shattered their finances for Osimhen? Arsenal/Tottenham will spend and Chelsea/City we can all see what`s happening. The last time we were in such a position of strength where we needed to spend to close the gap on the top and increase the gap on those below us we dithered and ended up having our worst season post Fergie Era after the Moyes era. We cannot afford to dither again and remain in this vicious cycle. It may be difficult but Utd definitely have the resources to pull off this deal we may face losses due to having no fans but we will face bigger losses if we have another bad season and miss out on CL football better to overspend now and reap benefits later(another top3 finish maybe a trophy that will give us prize money) than making excuses to dither and face even bigger financial consequences.
You really cannot see how Covid would affect us? Comparing to City/Chelsea with their sugar daddies is like comparing apples to tomatoes, totally different situations.

mu4c_20le

Why should it be down to the selling club to knock money off? Would you accept say 20m less than Pogbas worth?
If a club offered us 130m for Pogba i'm sure half the forum would pitch in for a limo to take him to the airport

Status
Not open for further replies.