Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanderpants

Has anyone watched the video on twitter with utd training in Germany and somebody has lip read what Ole has said to Matic? Sancho impossible but young Norwegian player coming in instead

RkkMan

I am still doubtful this deal happens but if we offer BVB the 108m they want even past this deadline they aren`t rejecting it. What this "deadline" has done is forced Utd into a corner where little or no negotiations can be made and the only way a deal can be done is if they pay up.Dortmund don`t have the financial muscle of PSG/Bayern/City to reject big bids anyone who thinks so is deluded simply up to Utd to pay up whether they will is the question.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
There's been 17 pages at 40 posts per page since I last checked this thread at 21:00 yesterday. :eek:

What are you guys talking about to add that many pages without any news?

AneRu

Thry said the same last season as well?
Unless theres a magic bullet this season will destroy clubs income. If there was going to be a bidding war it would have happened this summer.
Chelsea, City and PSG don't rely on club income.

mu4c_20le

I know it's frustrating but need to try and just focus on the game tonight. Yes I desperately hoped he would pull out of squad but wasn't going to happen if nothing is agreed yet. Might be a good idea to update the title of the thread though.
I'd be worried about his personality if he did. Imagine he would pull the same stunt on us if Barca or Madrid came calling one day.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
There's been 17 pages at 40 posts per page since I last checked this thread at 21:00 yesterday. :eek:

What are you guys talking about to add that many pages without any news?
The highlight surely was how a war between England and Germany would go. :lol:

Macern

Pee pee pants
I think a official bid will go in once the intermediaries come to a agreement in principle.
Yeah it seems to be the way this will be done if it happens. I heard former Monaco sporting director Tor-Kristian Karlsen talking about different ways of transfer negotiating and he said that transfers deals could be negotiated at an ‘agent-level’ before the clubs meet, and the more time spent on a deal by intermediaries the more likely the clubs will come to a quick agreement once they meet, if they meet. If a transfer is dealt only by the clubs directly there will be more negotiations directly between the clubs.
From my point of view it seems like this has spent weeks on the ‘agent-level’ and if the clubs meet directly it’ll be just to formalize a bid where United will make a bid and Dortmund will accept it.
Which is why everyone saying there hasn’t been a bid yet or any contact between the clubs aren’t technically wrong, but it doesn’t mean anything.

Nick Lowe

Ok, last Ole lip read.
"Wanted... more cash".
"Yeah..that's it".
"Crooked"
"We're sure, yeah".

Am pretty confident this is what he is saying.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Personal terms can be agreed without contact with the clubs having any contact.
Bild said 5 days ago that Marco Lichtsteiner is acting as an intermediary between Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund .

You can split hairs and call that indirect communication, but lets call a spade a spade - both clubs are negotiating actively on this.

Zoo

Romano said the 2 clubs are talking every day so it's all good, they are ready to cash in and we have him as our number 1 target.

Am more concerned about the big week ahead of us on the pitch.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think what will be said today depends on the state of the deal, they won't call things off if a deal is close. And while I wouldn't vouch for this 10th of August deadline being set in stone, the logic behind it is quite obvious and going by that logic the cost of selling late goes up with every day that passes. To a point where even €120m won't be enough. I can't tell when that point comes, but if woody calls up in four weeks telling them "okay you win, we pay €120m" I wouldn't be surprised if they told him "sorry, but now we have built our tactic around Jadon and our replacements are off the market".
If you think Dortmund would sacrifice 120m at any point then I think you're wrong. They won't get that next season and the player doesn't want to stay in Germany. He's leaving for England at some point irrespective of when and I very much doubt Dortmund want anything more than as much money as possible before he goes.

KennyBurner

I can never blame Woodward for trying to get the best deal. This isn’t considered penny pinching because we all know 108 British pounds is a lot. We aren’t haggling over 30 million you know. Let’s just be patient and confident. Even if it doesn’t work out I’d rather we send out a message that we are United and we don’t just pay ridiculous amounts because we have done so in the past. Some of you need to realize that this is life and at some point management has to draw a line at greedy German shite clubs trying to overprice their players.

the world will not end if this transfer doesn’t go through! I still think it will but we have to let Woodward get the best deal.

I don't understand how some of you can enjoy this. Someone put us out of our misery.
I’m mostly enjoyable just watching people implode over tiny bits of rumour, briefings or snippets of quotes.

The reality is, it doesn’t matter that anyone says, confirmation bias means people will seek out the info that backs up their opinion.

When it comes to transfers for Man Utd it’s usually:

. Everyone else negotiates better than we do
. Every other club can tie up a transfer in dud, we take months
. Woodward can’t negotiate
. We must believe everything negative
. We must believe everything that is briefed in favour of the other team.
. We can only negotiate for one player at a time

I’m sure I’ve missed some, but the same shit every year. The muppets grow out of it eventually, but it amuses me to see them twisting and turning.

Sad Chris

Now watch a dirty tackle from SCR Altach on Wednesday end the negotiations abruptly

cyberman

No. We all know that Covid has had a major impact on clubs ability to spend. The reason why there is no bidding war this summer coinciding with Covid:

Real - Want to get Bale of the wage book, signed hazard last summer
Barca - Want to get rid of players like Dembele, Coutinho.
Juve - Not the player they want this summer
Liverpool - Covid impact so do not see the need to spend so much considering they have players in the position

Now fast forward one year, Hazard is a year older, Bale could leave, Juve could be in for a winger, Liverpool may well be in for one.

So why take the risk for other clubs coming in when we have a free shot at him? We would have to pay higher wages, higher agent fees to secure him next summer, so would end up costing more.
Its stated he wants to return to England. Its not a free shot, nobody wants, or can, spend 120m on him.
Teams are cutting back based on 3 months of Corona, not a chance all these teams are rushing in withba season of it.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
United wants to bring Douglas Costa.
Sancho is past story
Wake up guys

Judas

Open to offers
You'd have to be proper naive to think there's been zero contact. Quite obvious there has been, and its ongoing. We know what the club is like, we'd be quick to brief if this was dead in the water.

romufc

Its stated he wants to return to England. Its not a free shot, nobody wants, or can, spend 120m on him.
Teams are cutting back based on 3 months of Corona, not a chance all these teams are rushing in withba season of it.
Which is why it's a free shot for United. We have a good amount of liquidity to afford him.

They will all have financial experts working for them to try and find the best way to manage funds. If Liverpool have a poor season, they would replace the one of the front three with him.

He wants to come to England yes, but if Barca or Real offer more money, he would go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.