Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
David Ornstein (BBC):

I'm told he was the Red Devils' top attacking target and that they were his preferred option if he was to return to the UK from Borussia Dortmund this summer. A couple of months ago, he was open to the transfer and those involved felt it was nailed on.

But United's terrible end to the season has changed everything. Sancho is reluctant to give up Champions League football and if he is to move he wants to play for a club where stability, progression, development and a chance of winning trophies is guaranteed.

The 19-year-old England forward now harbours severe doubts that United can offer any of those assurances. I'm told 'never say never', but as things stand it is looking highly unlikely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48278922

Manchester United’s £100million move for England starlet Jadon Sancho in tatters after failure to qualify for Champions League

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tatters-failure-qualify-Champions-League.html

Manchester United transfer news: Jadon Sancho hopes over as Champions League failure sees summer move collapse

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...hampions-league-failure-psg-a8916551.html?amp

There's no way he's agreeing to come here while we are in this state. We've now "ruled out" any move:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...td-rule-out-move-for-bvbs-sancho?platform=amp
If that's true, it's extremely disappointing. This is the sort of talent that can play a huge part in elevating an attack for year and years to come.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Yeah I gave up on us buying him when we failed to make CL.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
David Ornstein (BBC):

I'm told he was the Red Devils' top attacking target and that they were his preferred option if he was to return to the UK from Borussia Dortmund this summer. A couple of months ago, he was open to the transfer and those involved felt it was nailed on.

But United's terrible end to the season has changed everything. Sancho is reluctant to give up Champions League football and if he is to move he wants to play for a club where stability, progression, development and a chance of winning trophies is guaranteed.

The 19-year-old England forward now harbours severe doubts that United can offer any of those assurances. I'm told 'never say never', but as things stand it is looking highly unlikely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48278922

Manchester United’s £100million move for England starlet Jadon Sancho in tatters after failure to qualify for Champions League

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tatters-failure-qualify-Champions-League.html

Manchester United transfer news: Jadon Sancho hopes over as Champions League failure sees summer move collapse

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...hampions-league-failure-psg-a8916551.html?amp

There's no way he's agreeing to come here while we are in this state. We've now "ruled out" any move:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...td-rule-out-move-for-bvbs-sancho?platform=amp
So he didn't say "we're a disaster" ??

It makes sense for him to stay at Dortmund for another year as he's only 19. And Zorc and Watzke have made it clear for awhile he won't be moving. Everything else is mere speculation..

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's 19, one season of not being in the CL should not be an impediment to him as it is to a 27 year old who hasn't won it before.

Linchpin

He's a 19 year old getting well advised. Like it or not we're currently an unstable mess with an uncertain trajectory. Why would he sign up for this mess which can't even offer CL football next season when he can stay at Dortmund for another season and still have his pick of top clubs next summer.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He's 19, one season of not being in the CL should not be an impediment to him as it is to a 27 year old who hasn't won it before.
Maybe he just enjoys playing in the CL and doesn't want one year of missing out. Could easily become more than 1 as well if he joined us.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
he's one of the main men at a Dortmund team who are stable, have a good manager, play good football, and have a great coaching system for young players. Given the turmoil here you can see why he'd be reluctant to give that up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm not actually that bothered about this argument and i do agree with you on Sancho, but that bolded bit is exactly what it felt like you were doing yourself.

Like i said, this isn't really an argument I'm bothered about, just felt you were being hypocritical. The way you made a bit of a dig at people that perhaps rate Felix higher, because you rate Sancho higher, seems to be the exact beef you have here with those on the opposite side of the fence.

For what it's worth, i think Sancho is the best talent in his age group also and he honestly would be my number one target this summer. However, we all know first hand that some youngsters develop at different rates. Rooney at 17 was better than Ronaldo, we all saw what Ronaldo had to go through to get to where he is. I remember a lot of our fans giving him dogs abuse at games early on, whilst some could see that patience was needed whilst he developed physically and mentally. Perhaps that's where Felix is at. Sancho is just really gifted and seems to be a bit more mature on the pitch, so he applies himself better already on the big stage.
I have no issue with anyone rating Felix higher than Sancho. I’ve said it again and again, I have a problem with people rating Felix higher than Sancho, Dybala, Griezmann or other proven players when they have only watched some YouTube clips. If the resident Portuguese fans felt that, I would put more stock in it. However, they are instead arguing with those who have watched YouTube clips that he actually isn’t as good as they are making out yet. The point is a simple one.

Anyone is entitled to an opinion. If you have watched both players and think one is better than another, fine. If you don’t really know what you are talking about, but pretend you do in order to appear informed to others, I have less time for your opinion on the matter, and see you as not too different from the ITK transfer wannabes. Obviously, by ‘you’, I don’t mean actually you.

Infra-red

So he didn't say "we're a disaster" ??

It makes sense for him to stay at Dortmund for another year as he's only 19. And Zorc and Watzke have made it clear for awhile he won't be moving. Everything else is mere speculation..
You think Ornstein is simply speculating? Based on absolutely no information whatsoever? But he's "tier 1" in your precious reddit reliability tree... :lol:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He's a 19 year old getting well advised. Like it or not we're currently an unstable mess with an uncertain trajectory. Why would he sign up for this mess which can't even offer CL football next season when he can stay at Dortmund for another season and still have his pick of top clubs next summer.
Yep. That is the reality of where we are as seen by potential recruits. And that is perfectly understandable.
We are certainly not a 'go to' club at the moment.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You think Ornstein is simply speculating? Based on absolutely no information whatsoever? But he's "tier 1" in your precious reddit reliability tree... :lol:
The reddit reliability tiers there as a guide and make alot of sense.

I put more stock into what Zorc and Watzke have said on the matter and they're tier zero.;)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If that's true, it's extremely disappointing. This is the sort of talent that can play a huge part in elevating an attack for year and years to come.
What do you expect? We're still in a poor situation and not the preferred destination for top talents anymore. Would you join United at this stage? We have to be realistic here

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Maybe he just enjoys playing in the CL and doesn't want one year of missing out. Could easily become more than 1 as well if he joined us.
If I'm spending 100M on a player I'd want him to arrive with confidence that he can raise our level.

he's one of the main men at a Dortmund team who are stable, have a good manager, play good football, and have a great coaching system for young players. Given the turmoil here you can see why he'd be reluctant to give that up.
That's all good, its got nothing to do with missing the CL alone and it should be reported as such.

Massive Spanner

If I'm spending 100M on a player I'd want him to arrive with confidence that he can raise our level.

That's all good, its got nothing to do with missing the CL alone and it should be reported as such.
It was reported?
if he is to move he wants to play for a club where stability, progression, development and a chance of winning trophies is guaranteed.

Massive Spanner

not in the headline though! :)

and if he wants a place where winning trophies is guaranteed, he should probably go to PSG or Juventus or never left City in the first place.
you never specified the headline though. It was reported.

All of those (CL included) are very valid reasons for staying at Dortmund over coming here.

And anyway, he's 19, he has plenty of time to decide what big club to go to.

Andersons Dietician

It was reported?
Going off of that “reported” bit if that is what he wants he might as well stay at Dortmund, because no one really in the premier league can promise trophies and development. He probably wouldn’t get in the City or Liverpool 11 and after that who can honestly say they’ll be competing for trophies currently and I doubt Arsenal or Spurs have the financial clout to pull it off so it leaves Chelsea and us and Chelsea have a ban currently.

So it swoops back around to PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Real and us or stay put another year at a team where you’ll play and the team have a good track record of developing people.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A lot of talk that says he simply wants to move back to England and the premier league as his next step, though the timing on that isnt this summer. You dont even need to be an itk sometimes, it's a pretty logical situation. Players don't usually move on after just 1 season, and he's still very young. Staying at Dortmund for one more season is the best thing for all of them, and then he'll move.

If he wants the prem, then that's that isnt it? Leaves the top 6 clubs, 2 of which he wouldnt start at (1 of those 2 who he left in the first place so unlikely he goes back), 2 who can't afford him (or anything close to it), one who just sold their best player and have a transfer ban and who will almost definitely have a few years of turmoil after being so dependent on Hazard (and who now have Pulisic and Hudson Odoi on the wings for their long term plan), and then United, who have boatloads of money, have the history, the size of the club, the reputation, have an easy position where he'd slot in and be the main guy, and we'll see next season if we make the top 4 (don't think that'll br a deal breaker, but anyway I think it's only going to be 5 teams fighting for it).

Massive Spanner

A lot of talk that says he simply wants to move back to England and the premier league as his next step, though the timing on that isnt this summer. You dont even need to be an itk sometimes, it's a pretty logical situation. Players don't usually move on after just 1 season, and he's still very young. Staying at Dortmund for one more season is the best thing for all of them, and then he'll move.

If he wants the prem, then that's that isnt it? Leaves the top 6 clubs, 2 of which he wouldnt start at (1 of those 2 who he left in the first place so unlikely he goes back), 2 who can't afford him (or anything close to it), one who just sold their best player and have a transfer ban and who will almost definitely have a few years of turmoil after being so dependent on Hazard (and who now have Pulisic and Hudson Odoi on the wings for their long term plan), and then United, who have boatloads of money, have the history, the size of the club, the reputation, have an easy position where he'd slot in and be the main guy, and we'll see next season if we make the top 4 (don't think that'll br a deal breaker, but anyway I think it's only going to be 5 teams fighting for it).
Yeah true. Plus didn't Dembele leave Dortmund for Barca after one season? Hasn't exactly worked out well for him (so far).

I've a lot of respect for the lad if he is staying at Dortmund to continue progressing and get game time etc. rather than move back home just to get a bigger pay cheque at a bigger club, right now.

I really, really hope we get him at some point but I won't be miffed if it isn't this summer because it's logical for him to stay there.

bosnian_red

Yeah true. Plus didn't Dembele leave Dortmund for Barca after one season? Hasn't exactly worked out well for him (so far).

I've a lot of respect for the lad if he is staying at Dortmund to continue progressing and get game time etc. rather than move back home just to get a bigger pay cheque at a bigger club, right now.

I really, really hope we get him at some point but I won't be miffed if it isn't this summer because it's logical for him to stay there.
Yeah, and he had to basically burn all bridges with the club and he straight up stopped showing up to training to force a move and they still paid 120m+ for him. Was a rare situation.

I said it a while ago, Sancho is a dream signing for United and we make the most sense for him in a lot of ways, but it's just too soon this summer. Of course, we can't get him on name alone so we have to show some progress and ambition, but I do think United is far likelier than anywhere else as of now (for next summer).

bosnian_red

Well that's no longer a guarantee. And even if he were to raise our level, we still might not be good enough for top 4
Next season Chelsea is probably going to be mid table without Hazard. Its between Arsenal, United and Spurs for the 2 other top 4 spots IMO. Don't really think itll take much to outdo Arsenal but we'll see.

Fosu-Mens

Next season Chelsea is probably going to be mid table without Hazard. Its between Arsenal, United and Spurs for the 2 other top 4 spots IMO. Don't really think itll take much to outdo Arsenal but we'll see.

Well, there are some other clubs in the league that with the right recruitment and good coaching would be contenders for the fourth CL spot.

City, Liverpool and Tottenham will get top 3, then it is between 3-6 clubs to get the last spot: MUFC, Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, Leicester and potentially Everton.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In theory that's true, however we should have easily outdone them this season yet somehow failed to do that. Chelsea losing Hazard can't be overstated, but I do think currently they've the best balanced squad out of the chasing pack, which is why I don't think they'll fall off a cliff. We've severe issues in every department that need rectifying and quickly if we want a chance of finishing in the CL spots.

Not to mention Leicester, Wolves and even Everton could be in the fight with the right recruitment, they're not that far behind as is.

Kaglish10

I have no issue with anyone rating Felix higher than Sancho. I’ve said it again and again, I have a problem with people rating Felix higher than Sancho, Dybala, Griezmann or other proven players when they have only watched some YouTube clips. If the resident Portuguese fans felt that, I would put more stock in it. However, they are instead arguing with those who have watched YouTube clips that he actually isn’t as good as they are making out yet. The point is a simple one.

Anyone is entitled to an opinion. If you have watched both players and think one is better than another, fine. If you don’t really know what you are talking about, but pretend you do in order to appear informed to others, I have less time for your opinion on the matter, and see you as not too different from the ITK transfer wannabes. Obviously, by ‘you’, I don’t mean actually you.
Another lies.

No one rated Felix higher than Dybala. What was said is, the likes of Griezmann and Dybala are SS whereas Felix looks like a player who can lead the line. I said same about Mbappe and Griezmann when they were compared on nairaland. I said Mbappe looks like the kind who can make the step up to the striker role because of his quality movement and instinct of a striker wheraes Griezmann feeds off his lead striker.

I don't fancy these kind of players because they are mostly luxury players who need the perfect setup to accommodate them and for a setup that wants to dominate the midfield, it's often difficult to accommodate them. You often talk about lack of comprehension whereas it's you who lack the comprehension skills.

Cliche Guevara

Well, there are some other clubs in the league that with the right recruitment and good coaching would be contenders for the fourth CL spot.

City, Liverpool and Tottenham will get top 3, then it is between 3-6 clubs to get the last spot: MUFC, Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, Leicester and potentially Everton.
What???

tonnas

Dont be so sure...

Fosu-Mens

There is no certainty that we will make the top 4 next season. Even if we get Sancho. Or Felix. Or De Ligt.

Chelsea and Arsenal will certainly struggle, but it is not as if we are much better atm. We would need to make good acquisitions this summer for us to be favourites on paper for a top 4. We are currently unable to press as a team, we can barely string 5 passes together, the average technical ability and physical condition in our squad are considerably worse than the other top teams and certainly no better than Wolves, Leicester and Everton.

Wheato

I'm not that bothered, Mason Greenwood is producing better stats than Sancho was at the same age. Let's give Mason a chance. He will prosper with some game time this coming season.

Enigma_87

You know who
Manager, a promise of new players coming in, having a core of players that work well together and good physical and technical abilities. As things stand now they are some way above us.
Will most probably lose Eriksen though - who is their second best player. We will see also if Levy will keep his promise in terms of new players coming in.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Yep. That is the reality of where we are as seen by potential recruits. And that is perfectly understandable.
We are certainly not a 'go to' club at the moment.
I agree with this, but a lot of fans are unable to see this.
There are players who prefer to stay at lesser clubs, rather than come to MUFC. My belief is that this is because we don't have a big name manager (remember the Summer transfer window we had when Moyes joined us). Added to this, we saw relegation form from us, for 2-3 months until the season ended and we never actually recovered our form.

I think if Woodward was fired from footballing duties, that for me, would be a VERY successful transfer window. If Woodie stays in place, even if we bought Messi, Suarez and Neymar, we'd still struggle on the pitch, due to Woodie siding with the player, rather than the manager.

Fosu-Mens

There are players who prefer to stay at lesser clubs, rather than come to MUFC. My belief is that this is because we don't have a big name manager (remember the Summer transfer window we had when Moyes joined us). Added to this, we saw relegation form from us, for 2-3 months until the season ended and we never actually recovered our form.
Best players wanting our or refusing to resign, few players seems to improve under us, indications that the club does not care about trophies as long as the financial aspect is ok, the lack of a clear playing style on the pitch (players might find it difficult to see how they will be used).

So yeah. If they want to improve or win trophies, they are better off elsewhere. If their main motivation is getting paid well compared to their abilities, then we are among the top destinations in Europe. And such players are the ones we should avoid.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Another insecure rants and dick measuring nonsense..

I brought up many Ajax fans' posts to back up the fact that Van de Beek was a fantastic no 6 unlike our resident Ajax fans on here who were hunged up on Frenkie's style and thought Van de Beek was a no 10. One even claimed Van de Beek has been playing as a no 10 for two years now until I pulled out facts to show otherwise hence it's nonsensical to believe shit from fans because many have their biases. If we have that on here, why won't other fans do?

Apart from the fact that I have watched Van de Beek as a no 6 with my very own eyes, I have also tried to research on him hence can't take some fans bias at face value especially when many of Ajax fans on their forum actually thought Van de Beek looked good in the central midfield. The coach already agreed with my stance hence this put all your insecure rants to a waste bin.

Many of those who were negative about Felix were actually Benfica's rivals who actually thought Benfica bought their league win hence they there was no way they would have good things to say about Benfica's players. I actually loved what I saw from Felix as a false 9 against Frankfurt hence I would love to see him play more in that role but he didn't get to play the same role against Switzerland but rather was made to chase long aerial ball yet some people think it's the best game to judge him as not good enough eventhough he barely had a touch.. We all saw how Sterling looked different for England compared to a possession based Pep's side, let alone Felix chasing long ball but expected to look good.

The point is I want the best players in my team and I would do everything to support my view of a talented player if it would bring the said player into the club as early as possible before the big sharks start to circle around him while we have to splash millions to bring him in when we could have brought him for little if we had acted fast. Whether this disturb your little insecure cowardy mind or not, I don't give a feck however you should stop lying to make a stupid point.
I think the main point is you use Youtube clips and stats to make pretty strong claims about players while ignoring/downplaying the opinion of others who actually watch these guys play night in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.