Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This will be disappointing if happens.
Won't happen. Rashford has that left wing spot to himself right now. When we signed Sanchez he had become a bit of a LW/striker type player and Mourinho never liked Martial which killed the hopes of a Martial Rashford Sanchez front line everyone wanted.

This is different. Martial and Rashford are doing too well touch their spots and Sancho is fanatastic on the right.

Judas

Open to offers
I was proper down on this deal happening in January, and rightfully so. We were in the gutter. But once Bruno joined, this always looked a proper no brainer transfer really.

UncleBob

I will never get from when did all those reports that link us to Willian come from. I have never seen a reliable one ever, really. The obsession with talking about Mourinho while we're about to land an exciting, great transfer is just weird.
Ofcourse you dont

pascell

I am a big fan of yours prof, what’s your verdict on this transfer?

Anyway onto your friend nou camp.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jad...fabrizio-romano.445165/page-246#post-25609281

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jad...fabrizio-romano.445165/page-215#post-25548039

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jad...fabrizio-romano.445165/page-239#post-25599154

Did you not watch the news @VP89?

It’s strange as from three months period he went from saying just Sancho would do to saying we shouldn’t splash that on one player, but 3 or 4.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jack-grealish.452538/page-52#post-25447587

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jad...fabrizio-romano.445165/page-334#post-25797492
There was just no room for sensible debate about it at that stage, some were adamant we'd barely spend this summer.

Wal2Fra

I think he was just overrated that's all. I remember the comparison to early Giggs back then. Yeah just overrated.
slightly off topic for this thread but in regards to Januzaj, other players were saying how good he was (RVP I think it was) so the hype was internal which the fans got onboard with.

Web of Bissaka

Do people honestly think that coaches and ex pros of the standard of Ole, Carrick and McKenna are going to let that happen? Because the experts on the Caf have coached world class players and played for major football teams...
Honestly yes, it's possible.

They let Lingard, Mata, and even Greenwood at times license to drift to the left from RW. AWB is often isolated on the right keeping width. James is perhaps the only one that try and keep the right width more consistently, while Greenwood mixed it up between cutting in and keeping width.

It's as if the coaches just let the players be.. trusting the players to decide by themselves where they want to move..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just compare Mkhitaryan's 1st 2 seasons at Dortmund with his last season at Dortmund. That's the answer to why Mkhi wasn't good.
Could of sworn there was a stat that the year we signed Mkhi we signed the most productive players from the German (him), French (Zlatan) and Italian (Pogba) leagues?

Walters_19_MuFc

Where are the people who said Ole the failed cardiff manager could never attract big players?
Man United will always attract the big players, but Ole is slowly starting to show us the direction in which he wants to go, not only with his style of play but the type of players he wants to bring in too. Sancho, especially after lockdown, must have been watching us and thinking "I'd love to play in this team". Nowhere near the finished article, but going in the right direction. Well done to Ole and Woody for making this happen.

Skåre Willoch

9 games left for us to play in the league, and the muppet meltdown is already starting! :lol:

He'll come. He'll cost a bunch of money and Ed will probably take his time, but Jadon Sancho will be a Red Devil by the start of the 20/21 season.

Not done yet, but I can't resist quoting myself. Consider me ITK from now on.

USREDEVIL

Man United will always attract the big players, but Ole is slowly starting to show us the direction in which he wants to go, not only with his style of play but the type of players he wants to bring in too. Sancho, especially after lockdown, must have been watching us and thinking "I'd love to play in this team". Nowhere near the finished article, but going in the right direction. Well done to Ole and Woody for making this happen.
Agree. I also think he's building a young exciting team and that will attract the right type of players.

Web of Bissaka

Just compare Mkhitaryan's 1st 2 seasons at Dortmund with his last season at Dortmund. That's the answer to why Mkhi wasn't good.
That then posed a question on whoever in our club that pushed on the deal and decided to get Mkhi, a player supposedly known for his inconsistencies if scouted well.

It's a bad investment and poor decision making. Maybe that was done to get on the good side of Raiola? so we can negotiate better and easier to get Pogba?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Honestly yes, it's possible.

They let Lingard, Mata, and even Greenwood at times license to drift to the left from RW. AWB is often isolated on the right keeping width. James is perhaps the only one that try and keep the right width more consistently, while Greenwood mixed it up between cutting in and keeping width.

It's as if the coaches just let the players be.. trusting the players to decide by themselves where they want to move..
To be fair, from a coaching perspective, it's probably a good thing for them to have a free role because it makes them less predictable and harder for teams to defend against it. Let's face it as well, that the quality of our starting 11 should warrant a certain level of trust from our coaching staff to let the players make the decisions.

Problem is, I think they've been applying the same approach to players who are not of the same quality.

mu4c_20le

slightly off topic for this thread but in regards to Januzaj, other players were saying how good he was (RVP I think it was) so the hype was internal which the fans got onboard with.
The talent was there, but he had attitude problems. This was widely known in the clubs circles.

el3mel

That then posed a question on whoever in our club that pushed on the deal and decided to get Mkhi, a player supposedly known for his inconsistencies if scouted well.

It's a bad investment and poor decision making. Maybe that was done to get on the good side of Raiola? so we can negotiate better and easier to get Pogba?
We paid less then 30m, it's Ok I guess. We took our chances and it didn't work.

Blood Mage

Won't happen. Rashford has that left wing spot to himself right now. When we signed Sanchez he had become a bit of a LW/striker type player and Mourinho never liked Martial which killed the hopes of a Martial Rashford Sanchez front line everyone wanted.

This is different. Martial and Rashford are doing too well touch their spots and Sancho is fanatastic on the right.
Yeah I feel the same. Greenwood is too young and inconsistent to be an automatic starter right now, he can be our Solskjaer next season coming off the bench. Rashford has struggled of late but he's still a great player and his work-rate is important to the team.

E-mal

we're ticking along at about 3 pages per hour currently

wonder what the fastest thread ever was? Nos Vemos en Manchester probably got us to like 10 pph
That woke up my PTSD

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

It's always a mark of his sources that he puts his neck on the line to such an extent and is bold enough to even state contract length. All the others will now parrot him despite not being the ones to get the scoop.

His wages could send ripples around the club as Pogba's re-negotiations are very probably underway and Fernandes will be up for payrise, too. Rashford, despite having not long gotten a new contract, must surely be curious, too.

£300k p/w would not be a surprise. Interested in seeing the breakdown, if we're privy to it.
I mean he has been great but a pay rise after 4 months?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah I feel the same. Greenwood is too young and inconsistent to be an automatic starter right now, he can be our Solskjaer next season coming off the bench. Rashford has struggled of late but he's still a great player and his work-rate is important to the team.
I think he will also play on the left. But when Rashford and him both play he'll play on the right which will be a lot.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Could well have the best forward line in the premiership next season...Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood,
That's enough to frighten any defence...

peridigm

we're ticking along at about 3 pages per hour currently

wonder what the fastest thread ever was? Nos Vemos en Manchester probably got us to like 10 pph
12 pages since last checked around 4 hours ago. Good job muppets.

red thru&thru

Just breezing through some of the pages and crazy how a few people think transfer was never on!

Been obvious for a very long time.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Could well have the best forward line in the premiership next season...Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood,
That's enough to frighten any defence...
And the best midfield with Pogba and Bruno.Add to that the most expensive defender in the world. With the right manager we should be challenging.

RedStarUnited

I will never get from when did all those reports that link us to Willian come from. I have never seen a reliable one ever, really. The obsession with talking about Mourinho while we're about to land an exciting, great transfer is just weird.
Its not an obsession its a constant reminder of what he almost did to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.