I'm gonna be the muppet who reads The Caf
When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the muppet that always checks his phone
If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the muppet who belives everything he reads

I have read 500 pages
And I would love 500 more
Just to be the muppet who reads a milion posts
Cause its not about getting him or not (just kidding)

Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho

Jadon Jadon Jadon Jadon Sancho ooo

Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho

Jadon Jadon Jadon Jadon Sancho ooo

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No, 90% that the deal is announced in the next days. The rest chance is honestly only because Woodward loves to drag out these things. Would drive me nuts as supporter.
It does drive us nuts. Apart from people who think he’s doing stuff at a relatively normal speed and he actually gets good deals these days.... it’s not like they’ve been planning this deal for at least a year or covid hasn’t been a factor since March. To me It always feels like when we go to a club we are trying to get this great deal that never quite comes off

Jack-C20

Ah feck it I missed page 500. Nevermind, see you on page 1000!
I do love muppet season. Sends people bonkers. I’m looking forward to the smoke screen theories already :drool:

Gazza

So, your idea of an appetizer for the deal is the courtesy of developing your player without any chance of keeping him or making any profit off him. In a position where we have a big talent in Reyna who showed impressive perfomances already and literally the biggest offensive U17 talent of the country coming up (for whom we actually pushed for rule changfe so hew could join the 1st squad this season)... Yeah, how about no?

If we sell Sancho we will need to sign immeadiate fire power to replace him, not someone down the line.
I can’t help reading this post in the voice of Sassy Trump

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
one year left on his contract and they think they will get a better deal?
I completely agree. No matter how many clubs are in for him next year, no one will pay Hazard money for a player in the final year of his contract.

The only thing Dortmund have over us here is that we might (probably won't) not get him next year if we face competition from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus or Liverpool given our transfer team's efficiency. But they can't overplay that hand too much because I can't see them getting >£80m next year, even with a bidding war.

I think he'll come but this drama is just par for the course with our transfer dealings and a signing of his calibre.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
one year left on his contract and they think they will get a better deal?
No? The article does not cite that. It says good deal, which obvously takes the circumstances into account. 60-70 Mil € next year would be a good and realistic deal because he would garner a lot of interest then. It would obviously not reach the volume of what is discussed right now. Dortmund is not exactly known to be run by idiots, at least in the last 15 years....

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm still thinking this will basically be announced tomorrow subject to medical, or a major breakthrough update of some sort.

Jericholyte2

Dortmund can ‘win’ this all they want we'll have arguably the best young talent in Europe and will have solved one of the biggest gaps in our squad.

Get it done.

Bondi77

So much for us not making a big play for Haaland and Jude and doing them a favour??
We are the ones with the cash and no other club are in the race and if we don't get him then we e Mason on the right wing next season which sounds pretty dam good :lol:

pascell

Strange that Dortmund feel clubs will happily spend €120m or more next summer in a bidding war, I'm sure clubs will still be feeling the effects of the pandemic next summer also.

They could be left with their tail between their legs if clubs lowball them next summer and Sancho has 1 year left on his deal.

Rightnr

I have to say though. Dortmund are really a bit of a bitchy club. He came to you 2 years ago and you gave him a chance.

You got a superb talent for 2 years and a great profit. This whole holding out for money just proves that the next time someone says we should bite the bullet on a transfer and compromise (see Smalling), we shouldn't.

Dortmund get cited as this paragon of developing young talents but they make huge money off them (they'll do it with Halland and with Bellingham if he develops as is expected). They could easily buy Memphis just with the first year's instalment from Sancho and have a ready-made replacement, so all this whining about needing to be 'compensated fairly' is a bit ridiculous. You'd be making almost 100m euro profit on a player in 2 years.

Also strange that young talents like Bellingham will then go to this club when they're being so difficult to deal with. I can see why Raiola threw that chair...

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Strange that Dortmund feel clubs will happily spend €120m or more next summer in a bidding war, I'm sure clubs will still be feeling the effects of the pandemic next summer also.

They could be left with their tail between their legs if clubs lowball them next summer and Sancho has 1 year left on his deal.
All of this feels like Dortmund pressuring us like any other club does with United once they see us coming with our big bag of money. They want to sell but they just want to get every penny they can out of us for it. It must be like being a lottery winner and people around you know about it and start groveling.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This is such a big need we should pay it - I think we will get the deal done anyway.

By all means drive deals harder over DM and CB there are more options there.

This one needs to be done though.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I have to say though. Dortmund are really a bit of a bitchy club. He came to you 2 years ago and you gave him a chance.

You got a superb talent for 2 years and a great profit. This whole holding out for money just proves that the next time someone says we should bite the bullet on a transfer and compromise (see Smalling), we shouldn't.

Dortmund get cited as this paragon of developing young talents but they make huge money off them (they'll do it with Halland and with Bellingham if he develops as is expected). They could easily buy Memphis just with the first year's instalment from Sancho and have a ready-made replacement, so all this whining about needing to be 'compensated fairly' is a bit ridiculous. You'd be making almost 100m euro profit on a player in 2 years.

Also strange that young talents like Bellingham will then go to this club when they're being so difficult to deal with. I can see why Raiola threw that chair...
You are complaining that they are not rolling over when a bigger club wants their best player.
Normally people on this forum complain that they do roll over for other clubs.
I understand the bias towards United but come on, you cannot have it both ways.

macheda14

What are you on? This is the most entitled post. They can charge what they want, he’s their player to sell. And them strong arming buying clubs in the transfer market has no influence on how they treat their younger players.

RedStarUnited

No? The article does not cite that. It says good deal, which obvously takes the circumstances into account. 60-70 Mil € next year would be a good and realistic deal because he would garner a lot of interest then. It would obviously not reach the volume of what is discussed right now. Dortmund is not exactly known to be run by idiots, at least in the last 15 years....
The tweet says a good deal anyway because covid would have disappeared.

And the bold part - They sell all their assets anyway, Must be one annoying club to follow. In fact I remember having a back and fourth with someone in here about the way Dortmund is run. the person was adamant the days of Dortmund selling players was over and yet here we are with them happy to sell Sancho at a price. If this deal goes through, it means they need a new winger and they also need a Hakimi replacement. How are they meant to catch Bayern at this rate?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

I want this deal to go through just as much as the next Muppet, but Dortmund are well within their right to try and hold on to their player/get the best deal for them. That's not being bitchy.

cyberman

Be worth every penny if that's the cure.
It just doesnt make sense. Clubs have lost 100m over the last 3 months of the season. No cure by November and its that plus God knows more.
Plus a cure doesnt mean clubs get that money back. It will take years to build savings up again.
Its utter, utter bullshit

pascell

All of this feels like Dortmund pressuring us like any other club does with United once they see us coming with our big bag of money. They want to sell but they just want to get every penny they can out of us for it. It must be like being a lottery winner and people around you know about it and start groveling.
They have seen us coming a mile off, especially as they knew of our interest in Sancho last summer, as soon as that wasn't going to materialise he signed an extension.

They're putting all their eggs in the basket of a mass bidding war for him next summer at €120m or more, I don't feel anyone will pay anywhere near €120m, as coubs could sign him on a pre contract 6 months after next summer.

That's where I feel we should be able to conclude a deal to satisfy both clubs. I know people just want Sancho signed but we have every right to stand our ground.

NecssryEvil

How does everyone seem to be so certain everything will be back to normal next year?
After the pandemic? Is there something we dont know here?
This! 2x.

Even after a vaccine arrives, which may not happen until early next year if we are lucky, it's going to take time to get things back to normal. I think BVB would be fools not to take the money and run this year. United pursuing this with no clarity on the Covid future is questionable too, but they have the money and the motivation and could certainly absorb the blow better than BVB could if gate receipts are non-existent the entire season.

pascell

It just doesnt make sense. Clubs have lost 100m over the last 3 months of the season. No cure by November and its that plus God knows more.
Plus a cure doesnt mean clubs get that money back. It will take years to build savings up again.
Its utter, utter bullshit
This is how I feel, no way Dortmund can seriously think clubs will have large sums of money again next summer to have a bidding war for him, that would be very naive of them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd actually prefer to drag this out and call their bluff at 90m for a whole month.

Rightnr

What are you on? This is the most entitled post. They can charge what they want, he’s their player to sell. And them strong arming buying clubs in the transfer market has no influence on how they treat their younger players.
I want this deal to go through just as much as the next Muppet, but Dortmund are well within their right to try and hold on to their player/get the best deal for them. That's not being bitchy.
They're entitled to ask whatever but given the current economic situation, all this nonsense about 'winning' does not sit well with me.

It's not like we're refusing to pay them 120m, we just want a standard structure in instalments. I dont' see how any of what I said there is unreasonable.

swred

My main reason for joining the Caf was to get involved in muppetry.
I fully invest every year & like my fellow muppetteers I’m fully invested in this one.
My Spurs/Pool supporting colleagues are amazed with the total twaddle that I come out with, I pretend like it’s my own, but I’m just regurgitating what I read on here.
Onwards fellow muppets.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Status
Not open for further replies.