Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Do you have a link to the original Amadaeus moment post? :lol:

We are definitely going to have more than one injury. All these players are young. When will one become disgruntle and want to move because they aren’t regular? Greenwood showed this season that he is more than capable of starting for United, maybe even more than Rashford and Martial. It will be interesting to see how this affects squad morale. This will be another Amadaeus moment. I will be the first to call intra squad conflict due to this signing.
There was also this:

I feel like I have transcended and either I have become a football knowledgeable god or some people just don’t understand football.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I prefer going for Sancho. He's one of those special talents that can take our attack up several notches over time. The ability he has, you just don't pass it up. Grealish is fine but he's not within a mile of Sancho. The point is that depth is easy to find. A player that gets fans of their seats (Covid aside), is much harder to get
I agree that Sancho is that sort of player, but he is to expensive. We got Christiano Ronaldo at a bargain and that turned out well. Kubo is the player I see as similar to our Ronaldo acquisition and as an alternative that will allow us to bring in other notable players like Grelish, Jimenez and Camaviga or Tonali. Our starting 11 is probably the best in the premier league as since the restart, we are number 1 in the league. The factors that made that happen is primary Bruno and MMM, supported by our solid defense and return of Pogba and Matic finding some decent form. We can’t play that strong 11 most games, so we need strong back up as well and my plan affords that.

0le

He'll be confirmed on the 7th. Until then its going to be headlines for clicks.
They're not 'leaks'. They're stories.

Sanchez contract will end to free up no.7.

Sancho will be confirmed on the 7th wearing the 7.

Anything until then is to drum up social interaction and media attention.

This deal has been done for a while.
He is signing on the 7th, wearing the 7.

The deal is done and has been for a while.
It is done.
It's done. Tomorrow it will be announced.
Well . . . Fact being a loose term, in the way that Flat Earthers know the world is flat. But definitely, it is fact that it will be announced tomorrow.
Get on your red panties - It's announcement day!
Just so you're all in the know.

The journalists are quite quiet at the moment as they are finishing up their breaking news pieces to be published at 7pm tonight.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Suicide watch alert <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you have a link to the original Amadaeus moment post? :lol:
We are definitely going to have more than one injury. All these players are young. When will one become disgruntle and want to move because they aren’t regular? Greenwood showed this season that he is more than capable of starting for United, maybe even more than Rashford and Martial. It will be interesting to see how this affects squad morale. This will be another Amadaeus moment. I will be the first to call intra squad conflict due to this signing.

El Presidente

I agree that Sancho is that sort of player, but he is to expensive. We got Christiano Ronaldo at a bargain and that turned out well. Kubo is the player I see as similar to our Ronaldo acquisition and as an alternative that will allow us to bring in other notable players like Grelish, Jimenez and Camaviga or Tonali. Our starting 11 is probably the best in the premier league as since the restart, we are number 1 in the league. The factors that made that happen is primary Bruno and MMM, supported by our solid defense and return of Pogba and Matic finding some decent form. We can’t play that strong 11 most games, so we need strong back up as well and my plan affords that.
Kubo is so unsellable that he would probably cost as much as Sancho. Also, the most unproven player in existance.

El-Manos

Weekend is always quiet in terms of transfers. Monday will be the earliest we see an update.

gorky_utd

I hope that if the deal collapses, it is because of huge difference in valuation like 30 40 mil. No way woodward can afford to miss out on a talent like sancho for 10 mil. Biggest problem is that he will definitely join an english side next season and if not utd, then it can turn out to be another hazard for us. The only player who is better than him is mbappe and we are not getting him. Obviously, there are alternatives but how much effective they are going to be against park the bus merchants is still a question. Anyway, the deal is still not off according to romano and I hope we will sign him.

bludsucker

Read the thread title wondering what cryptic message were people reading into this time. Discovered it's literally white smoke over Old Trafford :lol:
I thought we had resorted to Red Indian smoke signals to communicate our bid to Dortmund as our fax machine has been out of order since the DeGea saga.

SATA

Hypothetical question and out of curiosity. Would people prefer Sancho for 120M or Grealish + Chiesa for the same amount of money?

In Rainbows

He isn't too expensive for what he could bring for 10+ years. He just turned 20 and is English. I normally don't care about whether a player is English or not as I care about quality the most. However, it's impossible to ignore his nationality because his quality is elite, meaning this is not a question about quality and it makes it less likely he leaves several years from now.

It's not like we haven't tried to go for a Ronaldo like signing. We tried to get Sancho 3 years ago, but it was impossible with him being a City player. We tried to get Rayan Cherki, but in the end, Lyon tied him down.

I'll propose something to you. What do you think would cost more? Sancho + Kang In Lee or Grealish + Kubo? I don't see why you should not be fine with the former over the latter. There is a drop off in performance + price tag from Sancho to Grealish and Kubo to Lee. The duos should be roughly almost the same price.

If you wanted a next Ronaldo type signing, why not advocate for Kang In Lee? He was as highly rated as Kubo was in the youth ranks, only difference is that Kubo has gotten more of a chance to showcase himself and performed well. Kang In Lee was in a locker room debacle where Ferran Torres stated that the other older teammates stop speaking to the 2 young talents for weeks. Just an overall awful situation to develop.

Gazza

Hypothetical question and out of curiosity. Would people prefer Sancho for 120M or Grealish + Chiesa for the same amount of money?
Sancho. Signing Sancho takes us up another level, the others would help us consolidate where we already are. I prefer the former.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sancho

Right now I'd be happy if he was the last player we signed ever :lol:

United58

Sancho, younger, better and a signing to take us to the next level. We definitely need to improve the quality in our squad too, though

Status
Not open for further replies.