Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't really remember. I think there was generally more optimism that a deal could be struck. I don't think emotions were this high because Maguire isn't really as exciting as Sancho.
My view since beginning was this saga would involve a protracted period of brinksmanship but get resolved in a final week transfer.
Also todays briefing from the club was a request for fans 'to trust the process' and BVB telling everyone they are 'bemused'.
So it makes no sense for me to now think different, as that might be exactly what is happening.

Last edited:

Loon

:lol:
Well, you made some laugh but I have no fecking idea what that means.

I just did an internet search and found that you are a friend of Diddy's... or a bird?
Oh, don't get upset. I think they laughed because the "who" I looked for on the internet had already transferred, but I did find Berardi in Italy who is supposed to be a good right winger.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Fergie said he’d never sell Ronaldo to Madrid just as emphatically a few weeks before he did. BVB have done the same several times before. There are so many more examples too.
yeh fair point but this isnt the manager, Favre, saying he wont sell him. This is the managing director, another director and the ceo. People have used auba and dembele as examples of BVB going back on their word, but those players threw tantrums.

TheRedHearted

yeh fair point but this isnt the manager, Favre, saying he wont sell him. This is the managing director, another director and the ceo. People have used auba and dembele as examples of BVB going back on their word, but those players threw tantrums.
With corona virus it makes no sense. The money would be a big boost to them. They just wanna play the hardball like Leicester did

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
I’m not trying to keep this alive for the sake of it but as I’ve said I just cannot see an upside for the club to let Journo’s keep this rumbling on.

It makes the club look like they are taking months to conclude a deal that in reality they are supposedly not even working on!? I’m not buying that.

If I were Ed I would be furious if I wasn’t working on the Sancho deal and meanwhile journo’s were making it seem like I’m a fool taking months on it. It adds to the narrative that Ed is a fool and that United are feckless in the market.
Mate this doesn't make sense. That's what journos do. If Ed or anyone from United says something, a story will come out saying that that is not true, that the club is just trying to divert attention, etc. Fans will get excited, more journos will pick the story, etc. That's what sells, that's what some journos do, they have been doin it years after years. It doesn't matter if the journo is making stuff up, as long as once in a while he or she actually has inside info and reports something that turns out to be true, his reputation will be decent.

cyberman

... And were still sold. You cant say he would never go back on his word if you ignore the times he went back on his word

Coops73

I bet Ed thought ‘who’s this Sancho they speak of’?

Judge politely reminds him about the player they were chasing earlier in the window.

Ed thinks “ah feck, I wondered what all these missed calls from German numbers on my phone were about!!’’
:lol: Evra said it was Judge who wasn’t picking the phone up.

I mean can you imagine amazon doing a documentary on United? It be like the fecking Office, Woody being played by Ricky Gervais and Matt Judge played by Mackenzie Crook. It’ll be called “Nothing or nothing”

USREDEVIL

I mean can you imagine amazon doing a documentary on United? It be like the fecking Office, Woody being played by Ricky Gervais and Matt Judge played by Mackenzie Crook. It’ll be called “Nothing or nothing”
Who the feck is screening Matt Judge's calls for him?

Posh Red

This would make United a lot more interesting to be fair

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol: Such a balanced take.
Well I don't mind Sancho staying at Dortmund but also wouldn't shed any tears if he moved back to England. Thus I'm seeing this transfer saga pretty much emotionless. So most likely do it other German posters with the exception of Mica maybe who got banned anyway. We are just trying to tell you guys how the likeliness of a Sancho transfer is perceived in Germany.

We are probably also just facinated by the sheer muppetry going on in this thread.
Something I never had the chance to experience as a Bayern fan. Not that I ever want this...

cyberman

Probably Roma.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Exclusive footage of MUFC's Ed Woodward attempting a last-ditch approach for Jadon Sancho

Last edited:

Trophy Room

I don't know if Sancho is the answer or not but Evra was right, there was a real opportunity in this window to secure top 4 and get closer to City and Liverpool. We've failed to do that. We'll struggle this season I think, its a shame.

RUCK4444

Mate this doesn't make sense. That's what journos do. If Ed or anyone from United says something, a story will come out saying that that is not true, that the club is just trying to divert attention, etc. Fans will get excited, more journos will pick the story, etc. That's what sells, that's what some journos do, they have been doin it years after years. It doesn't matter if the journo is making stuff up, as long as once in a while he or she actually has inside info and reports something that turns out to be true, his reputation will be decent.
It makes sense. This is different, it’s not a random link off the cuff from a journo, it’s been widely reported across all journo’s including the BBC that we’ve agreed personal terms and agent fees.

The whole fanbase have been waiting for a bid, if it’s off we can easily brief that we’ve backed away from the deal, could easily blame Covid impacting the viability of the deal, yet here we are months later and still no denial or media briefing.

Fridge chutney

My view since beginning was this saga would involve a protracted period of brinksmanship but get resolved in a final week transfer.
Also todays briefing from the club was a request for fans 'to trust the process' and BVB telling everyone they are 'bemused'.
So it makes no sense for me to now think different, as that might be exactly what is happening.
I hope you're right!

My view is less optimistic. I think we want him but can't afford him even if we shift deadwood. The more optimistic take on my view is that if we are able to move certain players off the books in the coming days and get some incoming funds, we can swing the transfer. We'll know in 2 weeks one way or another.

FizzyWomack

Pathetic.

Why haven’t we came out and said we have ended our pursuit for him?

Does that feckwit Woodward not realise there’s about to be a lot of animosity to him and his little goblin gang the Glazers.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Pathetic.

Does that feckwit Woodward not realise there’s about to be a lot of animosity to him and his little goblin gang the Glazers.
because we haven’t? :lol:

Womp

idiot
Pathetic.

Because money and backlash. They love the attention this transfer is garnering imo.

Dominos

The most frustrating thing about this saga is I feel we're actually planning on taking it to the wire on the last day, and when we find out Dortmund weren't bluffing and fully intend on keeping Sancho, we'll be left with no attacking reinforcements.

As bad as this transfer window has been, it is still salvageable if we get a LB and a good attacking player in (obviously won't be Sancho), but I suspect we're too stubborn to move on to our 2nd and 3rd choice targets.

fergosaurus

Wow there is a lot of negativity here, turning even into hostility towards German posters.

I can understand that many United fans are frustrated about the lack of positive news.

On the other hand I honestly believe that most German posters, regardless which team they support, just trying to tell you guys Sancho isn't going anywhere this summer.

Germans read German news and our tabloids aren't much different than the British. If transfer rumors are hot they report, whether true or fake. However, since mid of August no reliable German football paper wrote any story about Sancho still moving back to England. The deal was dead once the August 10 deadline had passed.

I know these aren't the news you guys are waiting and hoping for but if you had taken these posts a little bit more seriously a lot of heart breake could have been avoided. If so many German posters, even from rival teams, unisono satt that there aren't any signs about this transfer going to happen this year, then chances are pretty high they could actually be right.

Belittling the Bundesliga or insulting posters who just tell how they see it, won't make this transfer any more likely.
Don't take it personally. Tensions run high during muppet season and this is a signing that could change our fortunes so people are going to vent their anger when it looks unlikely to happen.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
With the presiding global pandemic, it would have made complete sense if United were conservative in their spending...HOWEVER...when all the top 6 teams have made significant transfers, it does start to smell like incompetence and general transfer cluelessness from the club.

Also...United seem to staunchly believe in maintaining a painfully sterile and aloof corporate image that couldn’t be any more different from the average working class fan.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
With the presiding global pandemic, it would have made complete sense if United were conservative in their spending...HOWEVER...when all the top 6 teams have made significant transfers, it does start to smell like incompetence and general transfer cluelessness from the club.
Also...United seem to staunchly believe in maintaining a painfully sterile and aloof corporate image that couldn’t be any more different from the average working class fan.
Thats fine and I think most fans would have understood if Woodward made a statement stating such and then carried through with less expensive signings.
Instead they boasted during lockdown that they would exploit situation, continually briefed they were interested in Sancho and finalised player and agent contracts.
If they don't go through with this signing now, they will rightfully face serious backlash from the genuine match going fanbase, let alone the gazillions worldwide venting on social media.

Last edited:

TheRedHearted

It surely shouldn’t be legal to do so. Look at the divide media has created in society cause of false stories.

Amir

Other clubs made signing, but only Chelsea really spent big, and their financial situation was always extra strong with the Hazard money and the transfer ban.

The problem isn't how much money we spend. It's the apparent lack of options. If you want someone like Sancho, you have to spend big. If you can - fine, go and spend big. If you can't, go elsewhere and sign a cheaper player. But it doesn't look like we're working like that. It's Sancho or bust.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Wow there is a lot of negativity here, turning even into hostility towards German posters.

I can understand that many United fans are frustrated about the lack of positive news.

On the other hand I honestly believe that most German posters, regardless which team they support, just trying to tell you guys Sancho isn't going anywhere this summer.

Germans read German news and our tabloids aren't much different than the British. If transfer rumors are hot they report, whether true or fake. However, since mid of August no reliable German football paper wrote any story about Sancho still moving back to England. The deal was dead once the August 10 deadline had passed.

I know these aren't the news you guys are waiting and hoping for but if you had taken these posts a little bit more seriously a lot of heart breake could have been avoided. If so many German posters, even from rival teams, unisono satt that there aren't any signs about this transfer going to happen this year, then chances are pretty high they could actually be right.

Belittling the Bundesliga or insulting posters who just tell how they see it, won't make this transfer any more likely.
Being from Austria I read of course a lot of German news and it is true that the only news are some folks from Dortmund confirming their position (like the Kehl interview 2 days ago).

That being said I don’t think that this might mean a lot as German media is briefed by German clubs and British media by Englisch clubs. Dortmund want to come across as a team standing strong on their opinion so the only way they might do a 180 is a) Sancho officially asking to leave and b) us offering the asking price.

When some journos with United connection keep posting things I would assume that from our side there is still something going on behind the scenes.

That being said I also do not believe that this is going to happen right now. I guess it partially has to do with us being not able to sell some players in this summer‘s market as initially planned. Our board is stubborn and our owners are greedy, fighting over 2 Mio +/- for Smalling.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Being from Austria I read of course a lot of German news and it is true that the only news are some folks from Dortmund confirming their position (like the Kehl interview 2 days ago).

That being said I don’t think that this might mean a lot as German media is briefed by German clubs and British media by Englisch clubs. Dortmund want to come across as a team standing strong on their opinion so the only way they might do a 180 is a) Sancho officially asking to leave and b) us offering the asking price.

When some journos with United connection keep posting things I would assume that from our side there is still something going on behind the scenes.

That being said I also do not believe that this is going to happen right now. I guess it partially has to do with us being not able to sell some players in this summer‘s market as initially planned. Our board is stubborn and our owners are greedy, fighting over 2 Mio +/- for Smalling.
The board is also trying to shift the perception that they are transfer mugs. If you want to throw out crazy prices then we will extract a price of dragging it out -- as shown in the Bruno transfer. This will deter agents from just throwing out crazy commissions as they will always go for the low hanging fruits.

My other suspicion in the Sancho case -- besides the obvious, that United needs to seriously manage their financial cashflow cautiously in view of the 20/21 Rona/empty stadium stadium - lack of matchday revenues for the foreseeable future -- is that they have done analysis on the financial situation at Dortmund.

They may have had some financial analysis done (and if Swiss Ramble can figure out things then...) and know that Dortmund may have a cashflow crunch coming up if not now -- which would not be unexpected considering that a big chunk of their total revenues come from matchday.

They did the same thing for the Bruno deal. The previous summer, numbers like £70M was thrown around. Then in January it dropped to the high 40s. Sporting, a few months later were suffering even more, financially --- and so United was quick to jump in and extracting maximum value from the Bruno deal.

Lets hope this is the reason for their reticence.

Marcus

If the price is £108m, then maybe for the United board to declare victory, they will pay £107m.

caid

If he leaves I'm sure Dortmund will be saying he threw a tantrum. Regardless of whether he does or not.

Were playing brinkmanship and if it doesn't work out the domestic transfer window runs for a week or two past the european one. So i presume we go for Sarr or Brooks or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.