Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

I dunno, you can offer big money, a first team spot and the historic lure of Man United is still a huge thing.

I can see him being put off by the uncertainty the always surrounds Chelsea.
Nah the lure is gone now I think. United aren't even in the top 4 yet and in the EL. Money isn't gonna be an issue to him no matter where he goes. Glory is probably the only thing left for him to seek.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He reminds me of Glastonspurs. Idolising, new stadium and all that
Is it not true what ive said then? That playing under Lampard would probably be fine for him whether its EL or CL. Of course, its not like any Utd fans on here ever do that.

bondsname

I don't really see Sancho coming here while both Chelsea and Liverpool are in for him, whilst possibly Manchetser City aswell (if City is an exciting prospect for Sancho is another question). All three teams who will be in the champions league next season, and are constantly improving.

We are in shambles, we are more likely to finish outside of the top 4, and no way he'd come here if we are still playing in the Europa league. It would be a step backwards for Sancho.

If we do miss out however, it shouldn't be a problem because Ed has a world class scouting network at his disposal, surely we have identified someone other than Sancho?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nah the lure is gone now I think. United aren't even in the top 4 yet and in the EL. Money isn't gonna be an issue to him no matter where he goes. Glory is probably the only thing left for him to seek.
It most certainly has not gone. I'm baffled why so many people think this. We are still an enormous lure. There's not many places in the world where you can play in front of 70k adoring fans every week . And that's in the most watched and competitive league in the world. When you talk of global exposure, there's only really Madrid and to a lesser extent, Barcelona that can rub shoulders with our club.

Money will always be an issue. If we can offer him an extra 100k a week then that is going to be very appealing to him. How often do you see a top player content with the wage they are on? I don't get how anyone can write that off.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I actually think City maybe back for Sancho after all these poor results this season. And Sancho may fancy a move back there as he has some "unfinished business".

ivaldo

I don't really see Sancho coming here while both Chelsea and Liverpool are in for him, whilst possibly Manchetser City aswell (if City is an exciting prospect for Sancho is another question). All three teams who will be in the champions league next season, and are constantly improving.

We are in shambles, we are more likely to finish outside of the top 4, and no way he'd come here if we are still playing in the Europa league. It would be a step backwards for Sancho.

If we do miss out however, it shouldn't be a problem because Ed has a world class scouting network at his disposal, surely we have identified someone other than Sancho?
Chelsea have lost four of the last seven in the league, no?

passing-wind

Look at the scenario with Haaland. Replace the Leipzig and Dortmund interest with the likes of Liverpool / City. Gives you all the information you need. We've got two of the worst circumstances behind this transfer, we have a manager with no pull and we also are underperforming drastically as a team this season.

DoomSlayer

Seems like Raiola has been a lying twat, again. It was probably his fault that Haaland didn't come to United, I bet he made his request much higher on purpose just to feck us over for not selling Pogba when he wanted.

ivaldo

My point is that Sancho would want to come to a CL team, not play in the Europa league.
Which is why I was confused with Chelsea being on that list. We are as likely to get top 4 this season as they are. Unless you actually think he's going to move in Jan?

Dve

Sign Sancho, and I´m already happy with this transfer window. Can live with the midfield we´ve got until the summer, but one extra attacker is absolutely needed for the numbers.

Le Red

144 pages.. god I hope this thread isn’t full of people genuinely expecting Sancho to be a realistic signing for us?
If we get top 4 he's definitely a realistic signing for us. Not meaning we'd be favourites, but if we qualify at Chelsea's expense I'd rule them out at least.

In Rainbows

If we get top 4 he's definitely a realistic signing for us. Not meaning we'd be favourites, but if we qualify at Chelsea's expense I'd rule them out at least.
Yeah. Another wildcard is how much Chelsea would be willing to spend to get him. I feel like Chelsea have clawed back on spending prior to the transfer ban, due to Roman losing a little interest compared to the past. Still the top 4 race is paramount. It's why I was upset at Arsenal being useless. Figures they'll beat us after blowing the lead against Chelsea.

DBT85

Look at the scenario with Haaland. Replace the Leipzig and Dortmund interest with the likes of Liverpool / City. Gives you all the information you need. We've got two of the worst circumstances behind this transfer, we have a manager with no pull and we also are underperforming drastically as a team this season.
To underperform would suggest that we have a team good enough to be better placed that 5th in this league. Honestly right now we might be 4th. We are at worst underperforming by a place.

Compared to where United should be given the resources on offer sure, but give this team to any manager and I'm not sure that they'd be much higher in the table.

Seems like Raiola has been a lying twat, again. It was probably his fault that Haaland didn't come to United, I bet he made his request much higher on purpose just to feck us over for not selling Pogba when he wanted.
I'm not sure raiola has anything to do with Sancho, and the idea that the player is at the whim of an agent is just silly.

Haaland had like 12 offers and many from large clubs and he chose BVB. Most would agree that for his development its the best move.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
To be honest - Sancho's already at Dortmund & Dortmund is regarded as a stepping stone whilst United are not.
yes but they got him in the first place - he didn't just appear there. and frankly we don't seem to be seen as very much at all right now

Jericholyte2

Just seen the new about Chelsea losing £94m this year.

Surely would have an impact of their ability in the transfer market...

DoomSlayer

I'm not sure raiola has anything to do with Sancho, and the idea that the player is at the whim of an agent is just silly.

Haaland had like 12 offers and many from large clubs and he chose BVB. Most would agree that for his development its the best move.
I put this in the wrong thread for some reason. :lol:

Champagne Football

What happens to Daniel James if we sign Sancho? I'm not sure he'd be happy with a bit-part role.

Anyways the smart money would be on either Chelsea, Liverpool or City landing Sancho before us. I'm not even sure Ole is still interested in Sancho, with Daniel James looking like a starter for years to come.

Jericholyte2

What happens to Daniel James if we sign Sancho? I'm not sure he'd be happy with a bit-part role.

Anyways the smart money would be on either Chelsea, Liverpool or City landing Sancho before us. I'm not even sure Ole is still interested in Sancho, with Daniel James looking like a starter for years to come.
No offense but posts like this really annoy me.

You say to James, 'We're getting Sancho, he's going to want your spot, prove to me you deserve to keep it.'

This is the whole point of competition for places and part of the reason we're in this position. You cannot be scared of a lesser player being upset about signing a better player. You challenge them to step up. If they don't want to then you show them the door. If they can't you relegate them to squad member.

DBT85

You're not sure a kid signed for £15m would be happy with a bit part role at one of the largest clubs in world football?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

If we sign Sancho, James would be on the bench, probably as subs most of time coming on in 2nd half running against tired legs full of energy and pace, and squad rotation in lesser game.

Sancho Martial Rashford

Subs/squad rotation: James, Greenwood

Judas

Open to offers

Now its James who can't have competition for his place :lol: this place is full of people who've forgotten what its like to support a team with a big squad of quality players.

Dinghy

He'll be cover for LW/RW and will still get lots of gametime. If he's not happy with that he'll need to work harder to improve his dribbling and ability on the ball in tighter spaces.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Why do people think Chelsea are in for him? They've just signed Pulisic on big money and Hudson-Odoi on a fat contract too, as well as having Willian as a regular starter, Mount at no.10 etc. Sure he could make a big contribution for them but he's hardly what they're crying out for. A quality LB, a leader at the back and a top striker would appear to be much more important for them from my point of view.

Secondly, why do people think Chelsea are more of a draw than United right now? They're not exactly playing amazing football, less fans, less money, less history, and about the same likelihood of doing anything in Europe. I'm really not convinced.

Dortmund or United are the only obvious clubs for him right now in my view unless Madrid fancy him. Juventus could be appealing of course but I doubt they're interested.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's be second choice or rotational which is right for a player of his level. If he wants to be a guaranteed starter a lesser club would be a better fit

cyberman

I can see Sancho move inside as a 10.
James offers too much on the right to be rotating with Sancho as we have the midfield we have. It cant all be feast or famine.
Hes the best crosser we have in the side and Greenwood needs time as well.
Maybe Sancho can start in the Lingard role at a push.
People are going to be shocked at Sancho. All I can picture are the Dortmund fans posts saying his dribbling is overrated, he just makes the correct decision everytime hes in a dangerous position which is hugely impressive in itself but we wouldnt be signing some dribbling genius.
He can end up getting the Pogba treatment just because he wasnt the plauer that Utd fans, who dont watch his games, thinks he is.
Or we can avoid signing a winger from a clib who has sold Dembele and Pulisic for 200m?
Something doesnt sit right with their players outside of the Dortmund bubble.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

[/QUOTE]

Not this year it was for the year ending June 30 2019. So if anything it would have affected our summer business, but we had a ban. It barely makes a difference to a club spending ability anyway. Because the losses are done over a 3 year period, and commercial deals, sponsorship all claw it back.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
How does a club lose £94m when they can't buy players?
Because its up to the end of June 30 2019. So 2018 summer, 2019 jan window, no CL. All get included. It barely makes a difference to clubs like ourselves, Utd, City, Liverpool.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I like the waiting till our targets are available policy. But if we don't sign one in January especially a midfielder then our top 4 chances are non existent. Mcctominay is injured, Matic is declined, I don't even know what's going on with Pogba

If we're that adamant about signing our targets then get a loan till the target becomes available. Most people believe that Daniel James is filling the RW spot till we can get Sancho. We should try this out again for a midfielder this January Get a quality low risk signing like Daniel James till our target becomes available.

Loan deals and low risk signings are the way to go if our targets won't be available this January. These sort of signings won't disrupt the harmony Ole says is in the club

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why do people think Chelsea are in for him? They've just signed Pulisic on big money and Hudson-Odoi on a fat contract too, as well as having Willian as a regular starter, Mount at no.10 etc. Sure he could make a big contribution for them but he's hardly what they're crying out for. A quality LB, a leader at the back and a top striker would appear to be much more important for them from my point of view.

Secondly, why do people think Chelsea are more of a draw than United right now? They're not exactly playing amazing football, less fans, less money, less history, and about the same likelihood of doing anything in Europe. I'm really not convinced.

Dortmund or United are the only obvious clubs for him right now in my view unless Madrid fancy him. Juventus could be appealing of course but I doubt they're interested.
Probably because the press has reported Chelseas interest. Seems unlikely if there's none. On the other hand it's surprising that Chelsea de willing to spend 160 million on wide Pulisic and Sancho when they've got such a poor decence

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Probably because the press has reported Chelseas interest. Seems unlikely if there's none. On the other hand it's surprising that Chelsea de willing to spend 160 million on wide Pulisic and Sancho when they've got such a poor decence
True, why would the press ever make anything up?

Maniwalde

Doubt it. It did not include any of the summer transfer window's business. Hazard sale and Champions League money will give a big boost for current season financials. Also, Chelsea are cutting down on the size of their loan army as there should be limits for allowed loan outs put in place in a few years. Upcoming sales of players like Mario Pasalic and Michael Hector have already been agreed. Chelsea will have a lot of money to spend in 2020.

Champagne Football

I can see Sancho move inside as a 10.
James offers too much on the right to be rotating with Sancho as we have the midfield we have. It cant all be feast or famine.
Hes the best crosser we have in the side and Greenwood needs time as well.
Maybe Sancho can start in the Lingard role at a push.
Essentially with Sancho, everything hinges on whether we get top 4 or not. He's not going to turn down Guardiola or Klopp for a team who finishes outside the top 4. Even with top 4 we will still struggle to land him.
But I think he will excel in the premier league. Ousmane went to Barca too early after Dortmund. Should have gone to the Premier League first. Pulisic is going from strength to strength all the time and looks like he belongs in the PL.

cyberman

Essentially with Sancho, everything hinges on whether we get top 4 or not. He's not going to turn down Guardiola or Klopp for a team who finishes outside the top 4. Even with top 4 we will still struggle to land him.
But I think he will excel in the premier league. Ousmane went to Barca too early after Dortmund. Should have gone to the Premier League first. Pulisic is going from strength to strength all the time and looks like he belongs in the PL.
Pulisic has done nothing for a long time and finds himself on the bench more times than not?
We see Sancho for England and all of his reviews is.. Hes done ok.
German football seems to be English football but with less intensity and quality. We need to be careful, thats all im saying. Every summer we are told we must sign this Dortmund player, hes the future etc but who has gone on and done anything?

Champagne Football

Pulisic has done nothing for a long time and finds himself on the bench more times than not?
We see Sancho for England and all of his reviews is.. Hes done ok.
German football seems to be English football but with less intensity and quality. We need to be careful, thats all im saying. Every summer we are told we must sign this Dortmund player, hes the future etc but who has gone on and done anything?
I agree. Liverpool are showing that you don't need to spend even close to 100 million to sign world class players. That new Japanese guy they bought for 8 million will probably be insane.

I think the Glazers and Ole will be basing a lot of their transfer ideas on the Liverpool model going forward.

Eric's Seagull

I believe there will be enough games as awe could play maybe 50 games in a season. Also Sancho could cover on the left if Rashford is injured or suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.