Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Red

Please close this thread. Jadon Sancho is never coming to United and anybody who thinks he is – is delusional. Sorry, truth should not be taken as an offense, and it is truth.
I agree. I don't think the muppets are to blame though. We'd definitely had a chance if we resembled anything like a serious football club.
We don't.
Another player our rivals will grab because of our brilliant board.

Redcy

If there was one way for the Glazers to get the fans back on their side is to get Sancho and Bruno and show some ambition possibly by hiring a more experienced manager. Sancho will be a hot commodity after the Euros. Could easily see Real come in for him. We should have gotten him last summer when people weren't as interested.

Except he didn't want to come to us. Of course it was spun as "not yet, we will get him next year", however we have more chance of signing Jason Sancho

Jacob

I honestly can't see him coming here with our current management.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We couldn't even attract that Norwegian kid against fecking Dortmund. Why are we chasing Sancho?

RRCE

United should sell Pogba and spend all of the money (and a bit more, if need be) on this kid. He’s a special talent. He would go a very long way to transforming our attack. Easier said than done, though. I don’t think any top talents will be excited by the prospect of playing for Ole’s United.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
£126m sounds cheap, Dembele sold around that price.
Sancho is already on 190k/week, his next would be 300/w minimum.

Klopp/Liverpool and City I believe wouldn't want to spend that much on a single player.
That'd leave Barcelona, R. Madrid, Juventus, Manchester United (and maybe B. Munich +Chelsea).
PSG can afford him but I believe him doesn't want to play in Ligue 1.

passing-wind

You can be absolutely certain that 126 million is not the required fee, it will exceed that.

I cannot see the names Sancho and Solskjaer in the same sentence. I don't think Ole has any pull for any decent talent as we've seen with Haaland. We will need a more prolific manager to attain this calibre of players because the club's circumstances are too bad to use it's name alone to attract.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
once again, being told we will go for him in the summer. more chance of me becoming an oscar-winning actor with the set-up as it is right now

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You can be absolutely certain that 126 million is not the required fee, it will exceed that.

I cannot see the names Sancho and Solskjaer in the same sentence. I don't think Ole has any pull for any decent talent as we've seen with Haaland. We will need a more prolific manager to attain this calibre of players because the club's circumstances are too bad to use it's name alone to attract.
I said this about ole the day he got the job.. and was piled upon!

RoyH1

I don’t think he’s as impossible to acquire as many here think, but it’s clear we’ll have to massively overpay, both Dortmund and the player. Our sporting setup is not attractive for world class players.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Where will Liverpool play him ? The front 3 are the best in Europe now and why exactly would they want to break it.

In Rainbows

I don’t think he’s as impossible to acquire as many here think, but it’s clear we’ll have to massively overpay, both Dortmund and the player. Our sporting setup is not attractive for world class players.
Only way to make us attractive is to introduce the unknown. More specifically, a new manager can give a player reason to believe we can rise with the player included in the squad. If it's the same manager, there is evidence of where the manager stands (not good). There is no imagination/unknown factor. There is no evidence of failure with United with that specific manager.

Buy Sancho and spend money on Nagelsmann. Sancho can see himself succeeding under a manager that is very attack oriented, who he himself knows very well from playing in the Bundesliga.

If those are the only 2 signings, I would be happy despite not spending in other positions.

Will never happen, but something as wild and crazy as that is what it would take.

The Irish Connection

United should sell Pogba and spend all of the money (and a bit more, if need be) on this kid. He’s a special talent. He would go a very long way to transforming our attack. Easier said than done, though. I don’t think any top talents will be excited by the prospect of playing for Ole’s United.
Yes, this is what we should do. Pogba is barely part of our team now anyway.
But like others have said, I think we have slim chance of getting him. If we get top 4 maybe.
We should have traore as backup option.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
120m for the next big thing hardly seems an unlikely sum of money, especially being English.

He'd be absolutely huge coming back here, At United with the 7 shirt :devil:

I don't see us being favourites but hopefully we can convince him and give him the best economic package.

RedDevilRoshi

Dream muppet signing that I really hope we get but competition is going to be fierce for his signature.

Perfect RW for us.

Roboc7

Amazing how every time a transfer window closes we have loads of money to spend in the next one and are lining up high profile targets in multiple positions.

Remember the geese

Said it before on here but there’s no way Liverpool are paying that much for someone that isn’t a guaranteed starter. Only way he could possibly go there is if one of the front three leave.
Said the same thing the other day to a Scouser I work with. He seems to think they could change system slightly and drop Firmino deeper in place of Henderson or Wijnaldum. Play Salah as the central striker, flanked by Mane and Sancho.

AC1689

He will not come here with Ole as manager. Why would he?! Guaranteed finish outside top four and consistently no CL football. New manager is needed for this to even start becoming a reality.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Big talents see Ole and say feck no! Even if they’re norwegian. They’re not stupid, a nothing manager who would ruin their long term future.

DCP

What happens to Daniel James if we sign Sancho? I'm not sure he'd be happy with a bit-part role.

Anyways the smart money would be on either Chelsea, Liverpool or City landing Sancho before us. I'm not even sure Ole is still interested in Sancho, with Daniel James looking like a starter for years to come.
Does anyone really care? You are replacing below average with world class.

zenith

We should have alternatives lined up. He's not the only player on the world who can improve or RW significantly.

RRCE

Yes, this is what we should do. Pogba is barely part of our team now anyway.
But like others have said, I think we have slim chance of getting him. If we get top 4 maybe.
We should have traore as backup option.
Don’t get me wrong...I think we have virtually no chance of getting him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Bayern and Liverpool can’t afford him
They can, easily. I heard the same arguments about Juve when they were after De Ligt. Then they started throwing money around and suddenly it was "where have they got all their money?".

These clubs are winning trophies, in the CL every season, have huge fan bases etc. They can easily afford Sancho. Whether they think it's worth the investment is another question.

Redo91

Said the same thing the other day to a Scouser I work with. He seems to think they could change system slightly and drop Firmino deeper in place of Henderson or Wijnaldum. Play Salah as the central striker, flanked by Mane and Sancho.
That might work I guess. Sounds very offensive though and can’t imagine they could line up with those 4 in bigger games. Would be sickened if he ends up there.

sp_107

We should have alternatives lined up. He's not the only player on the world who can improve or RW significantly.
We knew Lukaku and Sanchez were leaving us in March-2019, Where were the alternative lined-up's ?

fastwalker

Sancho is from London and he would be a guaranteed starter, so I can see why he might go to Chelsea if they bid for him. But I cannot see him going there without Champions League football, which is still in the balance.

I can see Sancho going to Liverpool, the pull of Klopp, the prospect of winning trophies and the chance to be a long term replacement to either Salah or Mane. However, I can just as easily see him turning them down because with Salah and Mane still performing at or near their prime, he won't be a guaranteed starter.

Then there is United? The only things that would possibly attract Sancho to United are the fact that he would be a guaranteed starter and we would pay him more than any other club can offer. The draw backs are that I cannot see him coming to us without Champions League football, we do not look remotely like winning anything and we are a club that is in disarray.

I am not a betting man, but if I were, I think Sancho is heading for London.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
If he wants to excel and be the main poster boy of a club that can potentially get back to the top then he would suit us well.

RoyH1

They can, easily. I heard the same arguments about Juve when they were after De Ligt. Then they started throwing money around and suddenly it was "where have they got all their money?".

These clubs are winning trophies, in the CL every season, have huge fan bases etc. They can easily afford Sancho. Whether they think it's worth the investment is another question.
What? What do you mean that they can? I thought we were the only ones capable of doing things in the transfer market that others could only dream of?!

Status
Not open for further replies.