Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I am 100% confident we will get him for less money than what is quoted. People don't realise even saving 5-10m is a big deal for a club like Manutd which generates its own money. We need to negotiate and if we are being taken for a ride on the price, then we should be prepared to walk away.

RyRy11

My theory is that we are trying to haggle down Sancho’s wages. A lot of German reports coming out this afternoon about huge wages (perhaps coming from Jadon’s camp?) maybe this brief was put out there to tell him to come down to a more squad friendly price or the deal is in jeopardy. Also helps put the worry in Dortmund if they aren’t confident of getting a better price for him next season.

TrueRed79

People here ignoring the fact that everything has changed since Covid. Us paying 120M for a player when we have lost 150M in revenue is crazy. No way we should let Dortmund fleece us on this. He's worth 80M max in this market with just two years left on his contract.

croadyman

Watch the Grealish stuff go into overdrive again until Sancho gets confirmed which it will

Jericholyte2

I’m frustrated at those who think the obvious briefing re the fee is a problem and seem to have been living under a rock the last few windows. However, if you think it will be done by the end of the week then you have also been living under a rock!
From memory the stories of us being miles apart with Bruno were a matter of days before the deal was done, and Maguire was about a week or so. If these timelines are anything to go by they won't be far away at all and just trying to get some final issues resolved.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Romano has retweeted Christian Falk. Safe to say he's adamant that personal terms have been agreed.

Icemav

Talksport saying united and bvb have hit a stalemate over the fee. :nervous:
Looks like their bluff was called earlier than I imagined. I think considering Covid its understandable. Everyones revenues are down and ultimately Sancho cost Dortmund 7million. Perhaps they would settle for a 1200% return as opposed to a 1700% return?

Alternatively if they want to keep him they can. Not sure it fits in to their business model to keep an amazing young player nor the player in questions ambitions.

The reality is that for the amount they are asking we could pick up 2 - 3 top class players to strengthen our squad. This should be fun to watch.

No Love

You just know Woodward is behind this nonsense, the little twerp. The Dortmund representatives will be laughing their bollocks off at him and how transparent this is. Guy is a fecking ****, no doubt about it.

Pace Abuser

Dybala was quite literally being forced out by his club in exchange for Lukaku when he never wanted to leave though :lol:

By all accounts Sancho wants to come back to England as soon as he can
The deal broke down though and similar tweets started appearing. I don't mean the complexion of the deal is the same; but sticking points appeared and things broke down.

Rolaholic

Retweeted by Romano. It's Tier 1 war
When was the last time the UK journos actually proved to be right in the long run regarding one of these transfer over reputable foreign journo's?

It hasn't been anytime recently that's for sure :lol:

The club uses them to push their own narrative during negotiations, nothing more nothing less

FizzyWomack

Because we're doing a record deal so we have to save face and make it look like we got a fair deal while letting other clubs know this isn't something we would normally do so don't be getting any ideas if we come in for your players
something we wouldn't normally do : that's what she said last nite!

lets hope these new reports are just part of the little game people play when big money is involved. surely it cant stall now

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The deal broke down though and similar tweets started appearing. I don't mean the complexion of the deal is the same; but sticking points appeared and things broke down.
The deal was never on - it was mooted a swap option and he was never interested.

Here the deal is far from broken and it's following the same tweet pattern as Maguire, Bruno and AWB. Nothing like this is broke down like Dybala.

RedHobot

Oh, please don't do it to me, I'm already balls deep in this muppet joyride. :(

Dobba

When was the last time the UK journos actually proved to be right in the long run regarding one of these transfer over reputable foreign journo's?

It hasn't been anytime recently that's for sure :lol:
My favourite was when they missed Schneiderlin driving by them whilst they were camped outside Carrington waiting for Schweinsteiger to turn up.

Judas

Open to offers
How are people comparing this to the Dybala non saga?! The lad was being dragged towards us literally kicking and screaming, and Sancho has been flirting with us for years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Standard before every big transfer that the British reporters say "its not close yet" when everyone else is saying its done. They did the same for Bruno, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, etc the week or 2 before they signed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.