Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goku23

Don't think we'll sign too many players tbh.

We've already given 25m to Palace this summer for AWB. Releasing Sanchez has cost us 5-10m (at least I read that earlier), we had to send 4.2m to Sporting as we qualified for the CL. If we have to fork out 60-70m upfront for Sancho then we'll have probably spent in excess of 110m already this summer.
After Sancho I can see a defender and maybe a midfielder not Grealish though to expensive hopefully VDB

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We will wear Dortmund down as we did with Sporting.

Both will claim victory but we know who got the better deal. ;)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Agreed we never learn its stupid and while this drags on it gives less time to sign other targets for other areas Ed probably wants to pay 50p up front and the rest in installments knowing him
and you have vast amounts of experience in this field and know better no doubt.

saivet

They start training on the 10th. Hence the 'deadline'. To be honest I'm naively optimistic the 10th will come and Sancho won't be there or 'personal reasons'.
He's already back at training. I believe the 10th they are going on some sort of training camp.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Romano now backtracking, its looks like Woodward has messed up this deal and now looks highly unlikely we will buy Sancho now.
How has he messed it up? Why is it more 'highly unlikely' now than it was a week ago? We have our own budget and cash flow to consider. If Dortmund want $$$ above what we are comfortable to pay, we simply move on and get the next target.

One thing is certain this summer and that is Dortmund will eventually compromise and we will get our target. It may take until the final week of the window, so you'll just have to wait til then.

I get this is a transfer muppet thread, but it seems like this is the first ever transfer some of you have ever lived through.

theklr

Dortmund probably just need a replacement before we agree the deal. So they wont get fleeced. Think most clubs would know they are selling though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I feel Sancho has to gently push it himself if he wants the move this summer. By that I don’t mean going on strike but telling his club he respectfully wants to go and to facilitate the transfer smoothly
Nah, he doesn't have to do anything. Dortmund understand the financial implications of selling this summer better than anybody. Their business model and balance sheet demands they have to sell summer. All they are doing is negotiating and posture.

pascell

Dortmund probably just need a replacement before we agree the deal. So they wont get fleeced. Think most clubs would know they are selling though.
The problem with that is, we're 3 days away from their 'deadline' and they haven't agreed any deals for a replacment, they've only been linked with Depay recently.

Joseunited

What's the average for a thread title change before a deal is confirmed?We getting close yet?

Goku23

Knowing United its proably a fire or something we would never sign someone so quick and also with no journalists saying done deal etc unless its a practice run for the real thing later

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont understand how this is on Woodward if this deal doesn't go through. We have a fixed budget and got couple of positions to improve. It would probably be a smart move if we have less money and want to spend on couple of players.

Matriac

Not sure how legit, but it was reported by the Scandinavian United fanclub that on the recent BVB-podcast from the Dortmund paper Ruhr Nachrichten they are now saying Dortmund will extend the "deadline" by another 10 days until the 20th.

United58

Not sure how legit, but it was reported by the Scandinavian United fanclub that on the recent BVB-podcast from the Dortmund paper Ruhr Nachrichten they are now saying Dortmund will extend the "deadline" by another 10 days until the 20th.
I'm on the merry-go-round and ready to be flung off, come on Woody you can do it :devil:

YAMS49

Can they extend it another year? We'll need that long.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
And then they'll extend to the 30th and so on, this is gonna take forever isn't it?

Red Royal

The deadline that meant nothing at all and will clearly not stop the negotiations....

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Don't think we'll sign too many players tbh.

We've already given 25m to Palace this summer for AWB. Releasing Sanchez has cost us 5-10m (at least I read that earlier), we had to send 4.2m to Sporting as we qualified for the CL. If we have to fork out 60-70m upfront for Sancho then we'll have probably spent in excess of 110m already this summer.
Exactly. This is spot on.
Nah, he doesn't have to do anything. Dortmund understand the financial implications of selling this summer better than anybody. Their business model and balance sheet demands they have to sell summer. All they are doing is negotiating and posture.
Implications are on both sides. If we dont get it this year , for half of the price the whole world would be interested next year.

We really can't afford to lose this year. But if they are looking for unrealistic money, then i hope we come out of it soon.

-Supreme-

I dont understand how this is on Woodward if this deal doesn't go through. We have a fixed budget and got couple of positions to improve. It would probably be a smart move if we have less money and want to spend on couple of players.
Agreed.

This is BVB loss if they couldn’t sell him this summer.

We should get top 4 with or without Sancho as I’m sure we will bring in a few players to improve our squad

I’d be happy to take a risk by trying to sign him next summer for a reduced fee.

Last edited:

GJNJ

That picture is how old most people think Matic is.

I think this was reported yesterday.

The Irish Connection

I'd be quite shocked if Sancho was our "only" target this summer, which renders this tweet bollocks for me. Likelihood is he's used as a Dortmund mouthpiece to relay "it's Sancho or bust" for Manchester United.
I’d believe it to be honest. No way we’re signing more than 1 more after Sancho, covid has impacted us. I’d be fairly ok with just Sancho.

davidmichael

With Smalling coming back and Mengi starting to get a game for the senior squad I don’t think we’ll be buying a centre back. It’s clear that Jones and Rojo aren’t wanted and will be given to anyone that’ll take them but Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly when fit, Tuanzebe and Mengi is us well stocked at centre back.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t go for a defensive midfielder if we get Sancho done in the next week or two with the window open til October unless Garner is going to be given a proper first team run of games next season and Ole is hoping he’ll do something similar to Greenwood this season or at the very least similar to Williams.

jamesjimmybyrondean

With Smalling coming back and Mengi starting to get a game for the senior squad I don’t think we’ll be buying a centre back. It’s clear that Jones and Rojo aren’t wanted and will be given to anyone that’ll take them but Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly when fit, Tuanzebe and Mengi is us well stocked at centre back.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t go for a defensive midfielder if we get Sancho done in the next week or two with the window open til October unless Garner is going to be given a proper first team run of games next season and Ole is hoping he’ll do something similar to Greenwood this season or at the very least similar to Williams.
By no other big profile will be signed I hope he means no other starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.