Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Actually, not really. I think a lot of people in this thread mistake the willingness to sale under certain circumstances with an actual desire to do so. Dortmund does not want to sell, which is why all this press talk about "winning" this transfer is just that. It boggled my mind anyway, that this one article by Bild was met with such negative reactions here, when it was infact one of the most positive pieces of "journalism" that was posted in this entire thread from Uniteds perspective. That overly positive article just screamed "favour to Dortmund" and is meant to paint the deal in the best possible light.

Make no mistake, nobody at Dortmund will celebrate if this deal goes through, even if United meets every demand. They won´t celebrate if it falls through, either, as it will only delay Sanchos departure by a year and will slash the transfer fee. The chance for celebration went out of the window when Sancho turned down a new contract, when they went to their absolute limit of their wage structure.

Since then it is simply about making the most out of an undesirable situation. Fortunately for Dortmund and a bit unfortunately for United, their DoF is really good at doing that, which is also why Dortmund could stay competitive even with a relatively large overturn of quality players over the last decade.
Fair enough, consider it as Dortmund are open to the idea of selling rather than a literal translation where want = möchten.

Withnail

Just out of curiosity why is Schmeichel suddenly wanted by several clubs - Pope is better, young and probably a lot cheaper
That's not backed up by the stats. He's near the top of the clean sheets charts but that doesn't tell the whole story.

Save %:
Schmeichel: 73.8%
Pope: 71.1%

Performance against Post Shot XG:
Schmeichel: +3.7
Pope: -2.3

Giggsy13

The thing is, if we are serious about progression, we’ll get this deal done and soon. If we aren’t, then we will let him get away and join a rival next summer when his price is lower. It’s as simple as that. Generational talent - could be as big as Rooney or Ronaldo for us.
This is where I don’t understand the views by some suggesting we wait until next year. Do we really want to give Klopp the chance to convince him to go to the dippers next summer when he has in the past publicly sung the praises of Sancho? I dislike Klopp but he’s charismatic and I could see a lot of players being drawn to play for him. The deal needs to be done this year, end of.

Last edited:

nainaisson

The transfer podcast are bitter sweatys who know bo diddly.
As much as it pains me to defend Duncan Castles, he's likely to know a lot through his connection with Jorge Mendes. Problem is, he's also likely to lie on behalf of Jorge Mendes, so you have to judge whether his info is valuable or not based on the context.

lysglimt

Scout
That's not backed up by the stats. He's near the top of the clean sheets charts but that doesn't tell the whole story.

Save %:
Schmeichel: 73.8%
Pope: 71.1%

Performance against Post Shot XG:
Schmeichel: +3.7
Pope: -2.3
Does the stats back-up Schmeichel giving away 3 goals in the last 3 games ? Pope is much more solid - and makes a lot less mistakes

USREDEVIL

Who would be in for Jadon next year? Real Madrid? Chelsea maybe? Anyone else? Wondering how likely and strong our competition would be next summer.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I´m a bit confused about the term "upfront" in this context. Does upfront mean the guarantued fee as opposed to addons or literally the first pay installment? If it is the latter I can´t see that much of an issue here unless Woodward is really trying to haggle here by only offering 60 Mil. € or so right now. Dortmund will demand 70-75 Mil.€ right now to compensate for the loss they took because of Corvid (ca. 40 Mil. €) and leave enough budget to sign a suitable replacement.

As little as I take Fjorthoff seriously as an expert, his spread of 70-30-20 sounds realistic. 70 Mil. € now, 30 Mil. € next year and 20 Mil. € in reasonable addons. That might be enough to satisfy Dortmund.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I just had 11 unread transfer tweets, and not a single one related to Sancho. Are you muppets slacking a bit?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I've no doubt it's just a new made up story about the difference but it makes me laugh when people say stuff like "it's just £10m what's the problem?" I suppose we should just have given Smalling away to Roma rather than demanding a £10m+ fee while we're at it?

We'd be bankrupt in no time with you lot running the club.

Riz

I´m a bit confused about the term "upfront" in this context. Does upfront mean the guarantued fee as opposed to addons or literally the first pay installment? If it is the latter I can´t see that much of an issue here unless Woodward is really trying to haggle here by only offering 60 Mil. € or so right now. Dortmund will demand 70-75 Mil.€ right now to compensate for the loss they took because of Corvid (ca. 40 Mil. €) and leave enough budget to sign a suitable replacement.

As little as I take Fjorthoff seriously as an expert, his spread of 70-30-20 sounds realistic. 70 Mil. € now, 30 Mil. € next year and 20 Mil. € in reasonable addons. That might be enough to satisfy Dortmund.
Yeh it means what proportion is paid this summer. Woodward will be trying to negotiate both the instalment structure and the guarantee/add on structure.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Upfront is the guaranteed payment this year that you will get. From reports it could be anywhere from 60-90m.

gorky_utd

Yesterday on the United stand video, romano said bvb wants more upfront payment. Didn't add anything new but that was what I believe he said.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

With Smalling coming back and Mengi starting to get a game for the senior squad I don’t think we’ll be buying a centre back. It’s clear that Jones and Rojo aren’t wanted and will be given to anyone that’ll take them but Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly when fit, Tuanzebe and Mengi is us well stocked at centre back.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t go for a defensive midfielder if we get Sancho done in the next week or two with the window open til October unless Garner is going to be given a proper first team run of games next season and Ole is hoping he’ll do something similar to Greenwood this season or at the very least similar to Williams.
Don't totally agree with this as I think a lot depends on outgoings. If Lingard, Mata, Smalling, Jones, Dalot and friends end up being sold, there will be some replacements. They may be lower profile signings like Gabriel, but they will be replaced.

Manny

Grammar Police
My guess is 10m more up front. If they suddenly demanded 130m, Utd would walk away and justifiably so. Plus I don't see Dortmund behaving in this way.
120m is too high a fee in itself.

I dont think Dortmund, a selling club, would be doing themselves any favours if this true. Young, up and coming players might think twice about joining them if they start making it too difficult to get away and choose Portugal instead.

Posh Red

Who would be in for Jadon next year? Real Madrid? Chelsea maybe? Anyone else? Wondering how likely and strong our competition would be next summer.
Personally I think it’s overplayed. Everyone has been in agreement this summer that he wants to return to the UK. Why would that change between now and next season? I suppose it depends how true that is.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They do say that Jadon is in regular contact with his England team mates at United. Which they could be, but that's obviously just good friends keeping in touch, and nothing to do with him coming to United.
Think that's been going on prior to the transfer saga TBF. They'll still be mates no matter where he plays

Withnail

Does the stats back-up Schmeichel giving away 3 goals in the last 3 games ? Pope is much more solid - and makes a lot less mistakes
Ok lets ignore the stats and go with your opinion.

What does solid mean?

The stats include all goals including those caused by errors so statistically Schmeichel is the better keeper.

Inigo Montoya

Personally I think it’s overplayed. Everyone has been in agreement this summer that he wants to return to the UK. Why would that change between now and next season? I suppose it depends how true that is.
Given the reliable sources are saying that personal terms aren't the issue, I can't see him wanting to move anywhere else at this stage.

As has been stated about 1000 times, it's about finding the happy medium re the structure of payments.

Inigo Montoya

Ok lets ignore the stats and go with your opinion.

What does solid mean?

The stats include all goals including those caused by errors so statistically Schmeichel is the better keeper.
Schmeichel is way more experienced, no argument there but if you're looking to sign an up and coming GK then Pope is your man. I'd be sceptical about signing Schmeichel, I just think he's at his peak right now and a younger keeper is a better fit. Just my opinion

I've no doubt it's just a new made up story about the difference but it makes me laugh when people say stuff like "it's just £10m what's the problem?" I suppose we should just have given Smalling away to Roma rather than demanding a £10m+ fee while we're at it?

We'd be bankrupt in no time with you lot running the club.
Was just going to make a similar post!

Inigo Montoya

Yesterday on the United stand video, romano said bvb wants more upfront payment. Didn't add anything new but that was what I believe he said.
And I believe there'll be a compromise if that's the case. We haven't come this far to walk away over structure of payments.

I fecking hope not anyway:mad:

Bogga

I just had 11 unread transfer tweets, and not a single one related to Sancho. Are you muppets slacking a bit?
Imagine coming here, seeing "8" behind transfer tweets... but when you press it you don't see one single tweet. Then you remember you've chosen to ignore that dude that keeps posting tweets about AS Shitville and NoOneCaresAboutThisTeam FC

macheda14

Utd will come up with excuses again,nothing new for Woodward.
People say this, but when was the last time we were this close to spending this much and then walked away? In the last 5 years we’ve spent crazy amounts of money on Pogba, Lukaku and Maguire

USREDEVIL

We have every right to try and get the best deal possible. 10 million isn’t an insignificant amount of money, especially with the effects of covid.
Yeah it's one thing to haggle over 10m, it's another to walk away for 10m. I think it'll get done but we will try to get the best deal.

Giggsy13

liverpool. And if we crash and burn this season out of the top 4 while the dippers compete for or possibly win the title then we may have no chance imo. This is the year to get it done without any fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.