Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hypothetical question and out of curiosity. Would people prefer Sancho for 120M or Grealish + Chiesa for the same amount of money?
Easy Sancho. He's a world class talent that can compete for the ballon D'Or, in a position of dire need and we can get him now. Its a no brainer. Grealish is at best a top 4 contender player, Chiesa isn't that special and hasn't progressed past the early hype.

Hope whatever the case is that we get him this summer and do whatever is required. Liverpool won the league after winning the CL last year. City won the league twice in a row and are favourites for the CL. Leeds got promoted. United needs to have the biggest summer they've ever had in response to cut that gap, simply has to.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mentioned other high profile players just in case someone brought up age, which I expected. Sancho at the price quote will be one of the most expensive players in football. If we pursued that ideology back then, we would have lost out on one of the best players football has seen.
We hit the jackpot with Ronaldo. Doesn't happen often. If you're in with a chance to get a world class talent, and you have a need for that player, you do it. Simple as. Its a no brainer on so many levels. We arent in a position to take punts on unknowns, we need to get it bang on.

Gazza

Rooney was quite expensive for a teenager at the time.

Your examples didn't quite fit the crux of this problem. A major factor is Sancho's age, given that he has produced so much at his age, and can be on the team with Greenwood for 10+ years. That is a major reason why we want him. You can't simply take that out of the equation and just use price tag.
You and I can't, but that's because we do not operate on the same plane as Amadeus, who sees concepts, colors and transfer policy that mere mortals cannot fathom.

E-mal

Why haven't we signed him yet? Time is running out trying to catch up with the biggest teams in Europe.
Ed had better not mess this up.

adam118

This transfer has a couple of weeks yet I reckon. I wouldn't even be surprised if Ed delays these transfers as long as possible to save on a few weeks wages tot he player.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
ESPN FC almost seems to be on Dortmund s payroll. The amount of articles they crank out talking about supposed pressure on us and that we should just pay is a bit suspect.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We hit the jackpot with Ronaldo. Doesn't happen often. If you're in with a chance to get a world class talent, and you have a need for that player, you do it. Simple as. Its a no brainer on so many levels. We arent in a position to take punts on unknowns, we need to get it bang on.
That ideology has worked so well for us the past few years post Sir Alex /sarcasm. Actually, we are in the position to take punts because post reset, we had the best team and results in the premier league because we have such a strong starting eleven. We have the luxury to support that team, rather than alter it. If we wanted to, we can go into next season with the same starting eleven and do incredibly well as it is still young and developing.

Red Daz

I think it’s off
But no news is good news right?
No I think it’s off , feck sake I can’t bare it, just fecking pay up or say it’s over so I can stop pressing F5 and get on with my stupid life

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That ideology has worked so well for us the past few years post Sir Alex /sarcasm. Actually, we are in the position to take punts because post reset, we had the best team and results in the premier league because we have such a strong starting eleven. We have the luxury to support that team, rather than alter it. If we wanted to, we can go into next season with the same starting eleven and do incredibly well as it is still young and developing.
Well done mato you finally fecking did it. Baby steps and all that.

In Rainbows

Alter? We can offer all 4 players 3000+ minutes.

Edit: To expand on this thought, Greenwood likely ends up with 2600 minutes this season. With only using 4 positions it's possible to give all 4 players 3150 minutes. That's without taking into account injuries or Bruno's rotation spot. In reality, we would use Bruno's spot for rotation too so even more minutes could be given to those players or given to James. Even if you were to decrease those minutes of Greenwood, and bring it down to 2800 minutes, to give an extra 400 minutes to the other 3 players, it's still an increase compared to Greenwood's minutes this season. And since we're playing in the CL, the competition is slightly better so Greenwood's development would be assured.

Personally, I don't see minutes being a problem with international duty being a thing for all players giving them an extra 300-500 minutes.

Last edited:

Will Singh

Loved keane
My mate wanted Fjortofts autograph so we stayed behind after a game in Ipswich, me being me I was singing “Are you Klinsman in disguise” as he was a diver like Klinsman. The cu*t decided to go for me and a few local fans managed to grab him, I was about 15 years old but the worst part was my mate didn’t get the autograph and didn’t speak to me for several months!!!!

SwedishFish

Pay the god damn money Woodward, if we feck this up we'll guaranteed stay in the mud for years to come.

VanGaalEra

So they expect as to believe that a club which made 40M loss is going to double the wages of a player in this COVID world?

Dortmund are worried, all this briefing because they really need our money.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Who is this guy and why are we treating him as gospel?
He's a former pro footballer who represented his country Norway and played in various European leagues including the EPL.

But it's not him that's important but rather the info he's sharing from Bild which is of interest.

Zoo

No news for two days now? It’s very quiet from both sides atm.. don’t know if it’s good or bad.
Will probably be like this for a while. He has been on holiday in the States, we’re in the Europa knockout tournament.

Everyone was going off Dortmund’s cut off date but there’s no need to rush when seemingly we’re the only club able to put up the money this summer.

E-mal

Pay the god damn money Woodward, if we feck this up we'll guaranteed stay in the mud for years to come.
Calm your tits, we have some good young players ourselves, we will be fine.

Some exceptional talents will come through elsewhere if we miss out, that's the nature of football.

VanGaalEra

Keep doing your thing Memphis, light up the CL and make Dortmund come for you

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
So they expect as to believe that a club which made 40M loss is going to double the wages of a player in this COVID world?

Dortmund are worried, all this briefing because they really need our money.
This! They are affected just as much as any other club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s off. White smoke means he’s off to Real Madrid.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don’t understand this kind of thinking.

We should pay what we think he is worth to us, given our current circumstances. If it’s above that sum, move onto the next candidate.

We’ve made too many of these excessive and panic buys over last years. We should only buy players that fit our terms.

Dan_F

Why would he sign a new contract. He’s struggling to get out of Dortmund now, let alone on double the wages with a 5 year contract.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He won’t sign a new contract, thought he was really homesick?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It would be the same length. Basically as a way of keeping him on side for having to stay an extra year.
Yeah but he's got a way out now. If he's homesick he'll want to take it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
ESPN FC almost seems to be on Dortmund s payroll. The amount of articles they crank out talking about supposed pressure on us and that we should just pay is a bit suspect.
Nope. It’s just clever journalism: they know there are loads of emotionally invested man United muppets who will click on any rubbish article, making them plenty of ad revenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.