Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Sure it is. It's not the be all and end all but could easily have a major effect.
It would improve our team and get us closer to challenging for silverware again, but to suggest that buying Sancho is important to our long term future as a football club is pretty hyperbolic. If anything, pulling out of the move if it doesn't make financial sense is more important.

hungrywing

I’m sure he didn’t mean that literally.

By 24 hours he just means that we’ve been actively involved in negotiations/finalizing the deal all day.

If this ones in the bag by Monday, I’ll let my weekend last a day longer :drool:
Actually the surrounding tweets make it sound like he did. And it'd make sense for it to be. Of course it might not be, but just interested in the mechanics of it were it true.

SteveW

I can’t believe some of you guys are getting hung up on the fact Sancho was a Chelsea fan as a kid. This happens all the time. Hardly any footballer ever gets to play for the club he supported as a child.

Jamie Carragher was a passionate Everton fan but went on to be a long standing player for Liverpool and now extremely passionate about them. It’s seriously not a big deal.

I’m a passionate Man Utd fan and always have been. But if I was a pro footballer and Liverpool came in for me with a good deal, I wouldn’t have any hesitation in signing the contract!
Get out of here :nono:

Bondi77

Official bid is usually a formality and happens once you agree on the fee before that.
What????
I do not know where you got that from,
So the media got it all wrong then when they reported that we made two bids for AWB before the fee was agreed and the same with Maguire?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Actually the surrounding tweets make it sound like he did. And it'd make sense for it to be. Of course it might not be, but just interested in the mechanics of it were it true.
Do you actually think they’d be negotiating for 24 hours straight? Without any sleep? It’s not like the transfer window is closing tomorrow night.

The noise just indicates that we’re actively negotiating and they seem to be ongoing all day. Just not 24 hours straight.

hungrywing

Do you actually think they’d be negotiating for 24 hours straight? Without any sleep? It’s not like the transfer window is closing tomorrow night.

The noise just indicates that we’re actively negotiating and they seem to be ongoing all day. Just not 24 hours straight.
Go back and read the first post. Jesus.

oz insomniac

The often asked question is why signings are either slow or wages paid to resignings are horrific. It shows what other clubs think of Woodward and Judge as negotiators, someone said that its not quick to buy a house rather than a shed. If you employ a good realtor and conveyancer then you get the result expected. Difficult to see where the aforementioned sit given Fellani, Maguire, Sanchez, Degea’s wages etc etc.
Hope that is completely the wrong thoughts and signings fall into place This window.

wolvored

What????
I do not know where you got that from,
So the media got it all wrong then when they reported that we made two bids for AWB before the fee was agreed and the same with Maguire?
I couldnt be arsed arguing about it. A formal bid is when the buying club put an offer in

sport2793

My understanding looking at not just the main tweet but the tweets he sent clarifying that point is that they indeed are working all 24 hours in the literal sense. It is a lot of money involved.

mav_9me

I can’t believe some of you guys are getting hung up on the fact Sancho was a Chelsea fan as a kid. This happens all the time. Hardly any footballer ever gets to play for the club he supported as a child.

Jamie Carragher was a passionate Everton fan but went on to be a long standing player for Liverpool and now extremely passionate about them. It’s seriously not a big deal.

I’m a passionate Man Utd fan and always have been. But if I was a pro footballer and Liverpool came in for me with a good deal, I wouldn’t have any hesitation in signing the contract!
Who knows in reality, but hypothetically Liverpool is the one club I would not play for in any situation.

tenpoless

During pandemic? the same club that decided to furlough it's staffs? after winning the league? no way.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
During pandemic? the same club that decided to furlough it's staffs? after winning the league? no way.
This is the difference between fans and footballers. Playing football is their job. It’s their livelihood. They will go to a team that pays well and competes for trophies. They wouldn’t care if they furloughed staff during the pandemic. I don’t know what you do in real life but if a company came in and doubled what you make now are you going to reject them cause they furloughed their staff in March and April during the height of the pandemic?

tenpoless

This is the difference between fans and footballers. Playing football is their job. It’s their livelihood. They will go to a team that pays well and competes for trophies. They wouldn’t care if they furloughed staff during the pandemic. I don’t know what you do in real life but if a company came in and doubled what you make now are you going to reject them cause they furloughed their staff in March and April during the height of the pandemic?
No, my point was it's hard to imagine them spending a lot of money on a player right now. That's why I said no way. They have other priorities and they don't need to improve the squad that much. By came in with a good deal I presume as good enough deal as the €120 millions Dortmund are asking for. Because this is the Sancho thread.

RDCR07

No, my point was it's hard to imagine them spending a lot of money on a player right now. That's why I said no way. They have other priorities and they don't need to improve the squad that much. By came in with a good deal I presume as good enough deal as the €120 millions Dortmund are asking for. Because this is the Sancho thread.
Ah I see your point. You’re saying Liverpool won’t be able to afford him good wages. My bad. Although they did just win the UCL and EPL within 12 months so I’m surprised they aren’t using that prize money to buy someone.

tenpoless

Ah I see your point. You’re saying Liverpool won’t be able to afford him good wages. My bad. Although they did just win the UCL and EPL within 12 months so I’m surprised they aren’t using that prize money to buy someone.
Exactly!

Well I hope if they only sign one player this window. We don't need them improving their depth even further.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hoped that this wouldn't become a full blown "saga" with posturing and conflicting reports throughout. Still time to get it done without really dragging it on. Hopefully Woodward doesn't monumentally screw this one up again.

amolbhatia50k

I do wonder if we're making a mistake not respecting Dortmund's internal deadline. I mean, it is rather absurd to put fake deadlines like that and it makes come across pretty poorly. But it is what it is, and if you really really need your man, negotiating past that date runs the risk of disrupting the process.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So we still have a day left to Dortmund deadline, if nothing comes out of it, maybe we should move into other options?

RDCR07

So we still have a day left to Dortmund deadline, if nothing comes out of it, maybe we should move into other options?
That’s a bullshit deadline. So you’re telling me if on August 12th we offer 120m with 90m up front they are going to reject it cause we are late?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That’s a bullshit deadline. So you’re telling me if on August 12th we offer 120m with 90m up front they are going to reject it cause we are late?
Sure not. We could even leave it to the last day of market, but Dortmund could refuse to sell to us for the same price they quoted before.

Remember we bought Felliani for higher price than quoted, because we leave it too late, and which leaves the sellers club no time to find a replacement, and hence charged us higher price.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sure not. We could even leave it to the last day of market, but Dortmund could refuse to sell to us for the same price they quoted before.

Remember we bought Felliani for higher price than quoted, because we leave it too late, and which leaves the sellers club no time to find a replacement, and hence charged us higher price.
If they refuse, they can only sell him for around 40m next year. You think they'll do such a thing? I don't think so.

It's in ''our hands'' mate! :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If they refuse, they can only sell him for around 40m next year. You think they'll do such a thing? I don't think so.

It's in ''our hands'' mate! :lol:
Of course next season we would be the only club interest in signing him for 40m.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Of course next season we would be the only club interest in signing him for 40m.
That doesn't matter if Dortmund prefers to sell him this year right? You aren't going to tell me that Dortmund would rather to sell him much cheaper next year to other club just to piss us off.

bsCallout

It's agreed.

Announcement today or tomorrow.

I woke up early on Sunday without an alarm. Means only one thing.

Poirot.

amolbhatia50k

It's agreed.

Announcement today or tomorrow.

I woke up early on Sunday without an alarm. Means only one thing.

Poirot.
This whole thread is full of people telling themselves/each other that it's done, with a bit of news in between.

amolbhatia50k

Why would he sign an extension if he wants to leave?
You never know. I doubt he will. But they could always have agreement with him to pay him more the next year (which any player would want), give him an exciting team play for another year and then let him go for a big fee. If Sancho keeps performing like this he will be worth even more in coming years. Of course has to be willing to pay but if he reaches the level he's headed to, dont see why top clubs wouldn't pay even 150 million for him (other than covid impact of course).

I'm not expecting all the above. But given the player hasn't kicked up a fuss we can't take it for granted that he's absolutely desperate to move. He could prefer to move and want to go but be fine with another year there. It was the case for Ronaldo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.