Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

Bad news guys. I'm off-grid from tonight until Tuesday.

Sorry I won't be around to keep muppeteering alive. Please do your best to not let standards fall.

Tomorrow is announcement day.

Adamsk7

I can’t see that there’s any way this goes another full week without fee agreed or talks broken down so the good news is we will most likely know the outcome by Friday at the latest. If I were to guess, I think we’ll hear something by Tuesday.

Looking forward to knowing whether we intend to compete next year or we’re hoping to scrape fourth if we’re lucky.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well tomorrow is 10th, Dortmund’s well publicised deadline day. So there will be some significant news either way in next 36 hours.
It's not really a deadline day though is it. Dortmund will sell if they get an offer they like after that.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do we announce anything on Sundays?
Pretty sure we announced an agreement for Pogba with Juventus on a Sunday. It was the day of our Community Shield match with Leicester if my memory serves me correctly.

Becks00

I’m sorry but I find it hard to beleive that we can afford £90m without major sales.

Off course I’m not an expert but I can read numbers and I understand a little bit of how to read a quarter report. (or annual report)

According to Q3 is our purchase obligations the next 12 months roughly 184m. Total if we include long term obligations it’s 205m. If we divide this in 4 then our outgoing expenses in quarter 4 is probably close to 50m. Our cash reserve was in the end of Q3 approximately 90m. Our total annual revenue 2019 was 627m. Our operating expenses was 603m. Annual match day revenues was 111m.

In Q3 (2020) we made a total loss of 23m. I think it’s fair to suggest that we will probably continue to make losses in Q4 (2020). I don’t know if we receive any money from our STH in Q4?

All in all with probably an incoming loss on annual operations, obligations of 184m the next 12 months then our cash reserves will decrease further. Even with a short term loan of 150m I can’t see us spending more then 50m net the next 12 months. (90m cash +150m loan + players sales? - 204m short term obligations - eventual losses?)

Sorry to be pessimistic.
I am sorry to ask this and I understand little about finance but won't we have cash coming in from other avenues as well during this period. Even taking account of the purchase obligations you've listed and other expenses you didn't mention for the next 12 months as well, I thought the impact of the pandemic would only significantly affect the match day revenue and the commercial and broadcasting revenues should be relatively unchanged or at least predictable and if the loan should cover the match day revenue loss, why would our transfer budget then be significantly affected.

Like said I know very little about it, so if there is something I'm missing then you can clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sultan

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I think if we'll announce it soon it won't be before Tuesday, don't think we'll announce anything today on a Sunday and we won't announce anything around game time tomorrow.

Classical Mechanic

I’m a little negative. The Covid situation is pretty serious. If BCD continues for another season then it’s a serious financial issue. Wouldn’t be surprise if Havertz and Sancho stay put this summer. Hope we get Sancho but feel a bit cautious.

Fridge chutney

Another day ends, and a new one breaks,
Still all is quiet in the Sancho stakes.

On redcafe, the members amass,
A frenzied excitement, based on nothng, alas.

All signs point to one true fact,
Between United and Dortmund, there is no pact.

During this saga, one thing is clear:
Sancho will stay in Germany another year.

El-Manos

Another day ends, and a new one breaks,
Still all is quiet in the Sancho stakes.

On redcafe, the members amass,
A frenzied excitement, based on nothng, alas.

All signs point to one true fact,
Between United and Dortmund, there is no pact.

During this saga, one thing is clear:
Sancho will stay in Germany another year.
Quit the negativity now chutney.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's not really a deadline day though is it. Dortmund will sell if they get an offer they like after that.
If it doesnt get announced tomorrow, I suspect it will happen in last week of window, if it happens at all.

Not sure this generation of muppets can handle that!

bsCallout

I don't know.Isnt he the muppet talking about his mum and nana?Sounds legit to me.
If fortune telling gypseys, smoke, tarot cards, early Sunday mornings and complete unrelenting muppeteering confidence doesn't convince you of my tier 1 credentials I don't know what will.

Joseunited

If fortune telling gypseys, smoke, tarot cards, early Sunday mornings and complete unrelenting muppeteering confidence doesn't convince you of my tier 1 credentials I don't know what will.
So much for off the grid :lol: .

Fridge chutney

Quit the negativity now chutney.
I hope that I am very wrong on this.

My concern is that in the face of global economic uncertainty, 120M is simply infeasible to a money-man like Woodward and the club will walk away.

I think he'll look at the balance sheet and think "feck no, maybe next year".

As I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Joseunited

I hope that I am very wrong on this.

My concern is that in the face of global economic uncertainty, 120M is simply infeasible to a money-man like Woodward and the club will walk away.

I think he'll look at the balance sheet and think "feck no, maybe next year".

As I said, I hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong to, can't handle another poem.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It’s my mums birthday on Wednesday and my Nana’s next Friday. Both huge Sancho fans with my nana claiming he’s the biggest generational talent since Stanley Matthews.

Would imagine it’ll be announced on Thursday as homage to those two. The reddit ITK (17) has confirmed it too

EDIT - Might be worth a title change actually mods, thinking about it?
You mean someone out there is worse than him.
This is the one, and no I believe sewey over Billy bullshitter.

Houdini

Tomorrow will be a huge day. A win in EL and Sancho's annoucement :drool:

Donald Silverbridge

We all want this done, It's doing our heads in, I'm a transfer muppet as any of you are, I'll be excited if we get him, He's world-class.

Status
Not open for further replies.