Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericholyte2

Well, consider me one of the converted. I was 100% convinced we'd cave and pay by their deadline...

ArjenIsM3

Posted it in the transfer tweets thread but thought I'd post it here too. The bit about Zorc releasing a statement tomorrow has been backed up by Christian Falk.

Fooza

You just know journos are saving the following draft ready for release tomorrow:

Deadline day: Dortmund confirming sancho wont be sold
United didn't want to pay the asking price, no agreement reached
United moving on to new target

Can't be more obvious

RUCK4444

So everyone else saying that negotiations about the structure of payments, they bullshit us with,' no official contact,'
If it transpires that we've had no official contact then I will be gutted but at the same time it will at least show Fabrizio is actually just as unreliable as the rest the clueless journo's.

Castia

Obviously will be saying he’s not for sale after not selling him before the 10th.

They’ll look like mugs if they then sell him later, this deal is dead.

Infestissumam

If it transpires that we've had no official contact then I will be gutted but at the same time it will at least show Fabrizio is actually just as unreliable as the rest the clueless jorno's.
"no official contact" means jack shit because the negotations are done through intermediates.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Congratulations, you've made it onto the Muppetiers page, Big Bazza (seems deeply obsessed with this place) thinks you're the transfer guru and has pasted your comment from here on there.
Who? What?

DON’T PANIC ™

This reminds me of the Thiago transfer Saga. The majority of fans thought the deal was done and he was coming here for the second half of the season and a whole summer. Agent Dave and the ball signing etc. That turned out to be complete tosh.
Same this season, a lot of people have spent the last 6 months thinking Sancho’s a done deal. I hope I’m wrong but I’ll not be that surprised if it turns out we were never interested.

Revan

Assumptionman
If it transpires that we've had no official contact then I will be gutted but at the same time it will at least show Fabrizio is actually just as unreliable as the rest the clueless journo's.
Some journos might know more than others, but this idea that Romano (or a couple of years back Di Marzio) know what the clubs are exactly discussing, that BVB wants 90+30m while United only offers 80+40m is ridiculous. Why on Earth clubs would tell some no name journo who made the career on Twitter those kind of things. For most transfers they are as useless as indykalia. Often the clubs might leak some information for various reasons, and at the very rare cases they might really know something (Di Marzio for Darmian signing, probably having some inside info in Parma), but mostly they are just making educated guesses.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
It wouln't be United if we didn't get to seemingly on the verge of signing a star, before it all goes down the drain. Masters of the muppets.

VanGaalEra

What do they mean by comment on the deadline day, are they going to specifically address it. If so, :lol:

mu4c_20le

Nurse's tweet doesn't sound as much like a play on himself anymore now that there's some news about a Zorc statement.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This reminds me of the Thiago transfer Saga. The majority of fans thought the deal was done and he was coming here for the second half of the season and a whole summer. Agent Dave and the ball signing etc. That turned out to be complete tosh.
Same this season, a lot of people have spent the last 6 months thinking Sancho’s a done deal. I hope I’m wrong but I’ll not be that surprised if it turns out we were never interested.
The Thiago saga was driven by Graham Hunter. This one is very different..

Fridge chutney

Tomorrow is the day when everyone's hopes come crashing back down to earth. Thankfully I've already braced myself for the inevitable.

el3mel

Even if he comes on tomorrow and says he's staying, it won't be the end of this saga. Won't be the first player to actually leave after his club announces he's staying.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Admittedly, I would find it a bit weird if Zorc was going to say anything except he's staying tomorrow, would find it weird for him to comment on it otherwise.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Some journos might know more than others, but this idea that Romano (or a couple of years back Di Marzio) know what the clubs are exactly discussing, that BVB wants 90+30m while United only offers 80+40m is ridiculous. Why on Earth clubs would tell some no name journo who made the career on Twitter those kind of things. For most transfers they are as useless as indykalia. Often the clubs might leak some information for various reasons, and at the very rare cases they might really know something (Di Marzio for Darmian signing, probably having some inside info in Parma), but mostly they are just making educated guesses.
Their contacts are agents and representatives of players and clubs. Not the clubs themselves. It's clear as day that Romano has very well connected sources.

izec

We were never going to pay their asking price and they were never going to lower it. This deal was doomed from the start and the brief was there to lower expectations a while ago. Another summer without a RW

el3mel

That's impossible. The deal was reported by one of the most trusted journalist in modern football, Romano, of course we're interested. If it fails, it's something else.

wr8_utd

:'(
Di Marzio really lost credibility with his Neymar nonsense last summer. He confirmed the deal to Barcelona is done and it turned out to be utter nonsense. He really isn't reliable at all.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If the deal is dead, which i doubt it will be, you know for a fact that United would send a brief out saying they were ending interest. There is no way, with rumours of Zorc wanting to release an official comment tomorrow, that United wouldn't put something out before he has the chance to say something.

If the deal was dead or the deadline was truly that firm that a deal wouldn't be reached, or couldn't be reached, then a brief would have gone out tonight before Dortmund even had chance to say anything on the matter.

SinNombre

It's a match day tomorrow, I can't really see that being disrupted by any kind of transfer news from the club.
Agreed.

And United, unlike other clubs, don't issue club statements until deals are done.

We do use the media to release narratives but don't see that happening either.

As always, these sagas take time and our resident muppets need to show patience.

The meltdown that is going to ensue when he is on that plane tomorrow :lol:
Why wouldn't he?

Has our fanbase not learned from previous transfer sagas.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
‘We didnt get the money for him in time so he’s staying now’

What a sign of strength that will be. Everyone calm down and have faith.

El Presidente

Well that is just ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.