Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

What i've learnt for the umpteenth time is that the journos, the people ITK, the twitter insiders know Absolutely Nothing about the Negotiations. They are all speculating for clicks.

Before today these same people were like a deal will happen, An offer has ben submitted, then it hasn't. Sancho contract expires in 2 years, now we know it is 3 years. United have agreed terms with Sancho etc.

Now I'm reading this thread and redcafe members are still taking these same people comments as gospel e.g Woodward tried to negotiate, blame game etc.

When will members learn that these journos are just making excuses for clicks and to cover their own backs for being wrong and speculating this whole time.

Redcafe members shouldn't have a meltdown over this especially when you are getting upset with journos "explaining/excuses" as to why it failed.....because they do not have a clue at all and just speculating. Don't believe everything you read!!
Well done mate. Your a newbie and you saw straight through the sh*t from the off, if I could ‘like’ your post I would. :D

Many take the blue pill and live in denial.

Spoony

The People's President
Sigh...the pathetic state of United's transfer dealings! You want a world class winger to potentially fire you back to the top, you pay up. Otherwise go sign a Zaha or Ryan Fraser and be done with it. This is all so embarrassing. 600 pages and counting...

Yeah just hand over £120m. Easy.

mu4c_20le

Why are Dortmund refusing to directly negotiate with United? This is quite puzzling
Probably because its a complicated deal unlike their other transfers? Where the clubs just come in and negotiate 5m or whatever. This is their biggest deal since Dembele

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Still boring. Reckon it will happen after the europa league.

Every big transfer we make is boring.

Pace Abuser

This is 1000% not happening.
Some people just can't accept it.

The Twitter Twat bastard liars are still posting utter garbage and people still lap it up.

Get over it. Forget it. Move on.
Take your advice and ignore the thread. I still believe it can happen. The goodwill Sancho has can turn now that Dortmund want to play hardball. Sancho could hand in a request and pressurise them to cut a deal.

Gasolin

They did the same thing with Rennes regarding Dembélé, they imposed Lichtsteiner and one of his french associates and put Dembélé in a situation where he had to ditch his agent.
Lichesteiner is mentioned again, so what's the story with Dembele? And why do they do that exactly?

Werder Herzog

So many variable factors to this deal but today changes nothing for me . Journalists on twitter , fan cam pages , itk’s just have till October to re-invent the same info every day due to our constant craving as fans for updates . This is no more a saga than any other clubs deals , ours are just played out in public as we generated more traffic than any other club , like we used to sell more papers.

All I do know is no matter how much or little we spend before October is that the Glazers get their dividends.

If you are pinning all your hopes this summer on Sancho then do yourself a favour and don’t get wound up by Woodward , Judge , Arnold , every penny goes through the Glazers and they report to them, so any dragging of a deal is more down to that than their incompetence , also be prepared to be potentially disappointed ,

Covid has hit massively and our match day receipts have took a huge kick in the balls and we don’t know when or if capacity will be at a maximum again , not many clubs could take that kind of hit and be making £100 , 000, 000 transfers whilst losing almost the same in revenue . Something has to give and to me I think we may have to raise money before we can invest in the squad but I could be wrong .

elnorte

Freaky fly day
That's not the issue though, is it?

It's that they want a lot more upfront than we want to pay in a lump sum?
OK, well then will we pay that upfront?

Edit: Actually, come to think of it I think even the overall price might still be an issue but perhaps I'm wrong.

FatherWolff

Probably because its a complicated deal unlike their other transfers? Where the clubs just come in and negotiate 5m or whatever. This is their biggest deal since Dembele
And do wee need a reminder of their finances and the fact Sancho started on the bench the latter part of the season? I think not. Stay strong!

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Yeah just hand over £120m. Easy.
People have forgotten what £120m actually looks like. It's play money to them.

Just imagine how much cheese you could buy for £120m. Actually try to imagine a huge skyscraper of Cathedral City looming over you. Rashford could feed the country for a month with that much cheese.

AshRK

One thing is clear dortmund won't reduce their asking price and are not interested in add ons bs which seems Woodward's most liked way of getting things.

So no point wasting time. If younare interested then pay the money and get over with, if not move onto the next target. If we don't make any movements this month, I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund actually refuse to sell him for any price.

Spoony

The People's President

Just imagine how much cheese you could buy for £120m. Actually try to imagine a huge skyscraper of Cathedral City looming over you. Rashford could feed the country for a month with that much cheese.

Hello Mike.

Joseunited

Quite funny listening to Hargreaves on BT.Saying Dortmund just a selling club and United will still get Sancho :lol: .Stay strong muppets, we'll still get our man.

macheda14

Ed's been busy.

Sounds like this deal is going nowhere. Chances of him coming have certainly diminished today.
This is 1000% not happening.
Some people just can't accept it.

The Twitter Twat bastard liars are still posting utter garbage and people still lap it up.

Get over it. Forget it. Move on.
It’s seeming like a brief is coming out of the club that we are still trying. Why would they do that if they didn’t have belief that they could pull this off. Naive belief, but belief nevertheless.

roonaldo78

What is the purpose of these briefs? Dortmund are not going to sell for anything lower than their set price so either pay up or move onto the next target. Also blaming the wages and fees is implying that the transfer fee is not the only hurdle. This looks to be moving towards Dybala territory.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sigh...the pathetic state of United's transfer dealings! You want a world class winger to potentially fire you back to the top, you pay up. Otherwise go sign a Zaha or Ryan Fraser and be done with it. This is all so embarrassing. 600 pages and counting...
So embarrassing, not just putting £120m on the table in a pandemic.

After all those other clubs have spent similar... oh wait.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To save on them having to pay agent costs? Or what else could be the reason?
Partially but from what I understand it's also a way to have total control of negotiations, iirc they are using Lichtsteiner again and he is basically their man without actually being their man, they control the pace of negotiations and you can't accelerate things or take short cuts outside of agreeing with their terms.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s seeming like a brief is coming out of the club that we are still trying. Why would they do that if they didn’t have belief that they could pull this off. Naive belief, but belief nevertheless.
Always with this "Brief" business, just because a couple of journos both say it's on or off at the same time!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Always with this "Brief" business, just because a couple of journos both say it's on or off at the same time!
Are you suggesting it's a coincidence that they all say the same thing at the same time?

macheda14

Well when they have a history of being briefed and them always parroting what seems to fall in line with the narrative that would best suit Woodward. Then most of the time it looks like they’ve been briefed.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They did the same thing with Rennes regarding Dembélé, they imposed Lichtsteiner and one of his french associates and put Dembélé in a situation where he had to ditch his agent.
That is actually the first time I heard of this. Not saying that this is not necessarily true but I was always under the impression that this deal was negotiated on a very high level as Stade Rennes owner Pinault is the son of the patriach of the Pinault familly who in turn owns Puma, which is not only the shirt sponsor but also a major share holder of Borussia Dortmund. This connection was my primary explanation for the very good terms Dortmund signed Dembele for.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

£108m not £120m.

Just needs to sell couple of more players and it's done deal. Sancho is coming home, lads.

MDFC Manager

Partially but from what I understand it's also a way to have total control of negotiations, iirc they are using Lichtsteiner again and he is basically their man without actually being their man, they control the pace of negotiations and you can't accelerate things or take short cuts outside of agreeing with their terms.
In other words, Dortmund actively wanted their own deadline to not be met? Possibly to show off like they did today?

elnorte

Freaky fly day

It wouldn't get you a huge amount of Vacherin. That's a very expensive cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.