Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Imagine Sancho in and Sanchez out in the same week.
I guess, we are able to afford Sancho because we’re offloading Sanchez.

Another big Plus of Sancho that we can rotate him with Bruno at #10 position. Sancho vs Greenwood debate is useless because all of them have plenty (if not too much) time on the pitch.

alsabi

Big deal, I signed Sancho on FIFA 20 months ago. In a player plus cash deal with Lingard going the other way :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I guess, we are able to afford Sancho because we’re offloading Sanchez.

Another big Plus of Sancho that we can rotate him with Bruno at #10 position. Sancho vs Greenwood debate is useless because all of them have plenty (if not too much) time on the pitch.
And all of them (Bruno,Sancho,Rashford,Martial,Greenwood....,Lingard) can play various roles.

Kaos

I've not watched much of the Bundesliga this season. Which established player would he be most similar to? Sterling?

RUCK4444

I don't think it's that ridiculous to discuss the price tag of players. If we went ahead and paid out £150million for Sancho, that could instantly mean that we've gone over-budget and then can't look at other areas of the squad, such as the defence.

The other side of the coin (not sure if it applies in this situation, but it may for some clubs) is that some clubs need to sell other players in order to raise these funds. Let's not also forget that it's been a difficult financial climate with the loss of ticketsales and gate receipts. It's a gamble to some extent spending tons of money right now, for any business.
Yeah I know, just saying. To some it’s a real interest and of course there is an impact on who else we can get, just some seem super fixed on the price of players. Each to their own.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

Yes, thats what I was referring to! It was the first time Ronaldo was able to concistently deliver such skills and attributes.
Looking at Sancho video's and stats, he seems to be at that level, certainly at Bundesliga level.
I don't think he quite takes the ball from his own half, beats a few players and takes it up the pitch as well as Ronaldo did that season (remember the Roma game :drool:). If he does, the kids even better than I thought.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's a good job it's been good weather over the weekend as my pants have been off since Friday waiting for this :(

Giggsy13

Bloody hell, RAWK are already having meltdowns at the prospect of us signing Sancho!

They’ve resorted to comforting themselves with “hopefully he turns out to be a flop like Pogba”

If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be pretty happy with their current front 3 but also frustrated that a big rival is looking to sign one of the best wingers around at the age of 20 especially considering their front 3 are all approaching 30.

it is interesting that they aren’t looking to buy big. We all saw how Fergie always bought when in a winning position in order to freshen up the desire and hunger.
They just won the title yet we’re getting one of the most exciting young players in the world while they’re literally bin dipping searching for discounted deals. Imagine the meltdown from the dippers when this actually happens, it’s already started with Fowler’a bitter piece in the mirror.

always_hoping

I'm old enough to remember United paying £7 million – £6 million cash plus £1 million for Keith Gillespie going in the opposite direction for Andy Cole and some journalists were complaining that United paid too much at the time.

In today's inflated market I suppose 120m equals 7m back in the mid 90s?

E-mal

Imagine at least one of Rashford. Martial, Greenwood or Sancho always available on the bench (at least 9 times out of 10) - now we are talking depth up front :)
Wait until we add Grealish, madness!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I messaged this morning to my two non-redcafe United supporting pals “You guys ready for Sancho week?”.

This new update has made me look like an ITK to them. They think I’m a God.

mu4c_20le

They just won the title yet we’re getting one of the most exciting young players in the world while they’re literally bin dipping searching for discounted deals. Imagine the meltdown from the dippers when this actually happens, it’s already started with Fowler’a bitter piece in the mirror.
They could afford him if they really wanted to, but Klopp seems to dick around when it comes to maintaining a championship team, just look at how he left Dortmund. Hopefully history repeats itself.

vanderpants

I've not watched much of the Bundesliga this season. Which established player would he be most similar to? Sterling?
Don't worry mate, half of the people in here haven't watched him play either but are just jumping on the muppet wagon!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.