Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

The Muppeteer lads called this brief about an hour or so ago :lol:

They're still bullish on it being done but the ebbs and flows seem to be part of the bargain when it comes to just about every high profile United signing.

The same sort of things were being reported literally days before Maguire and Bruno were officially confirmed

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
His wages would cause disharmony.

You can bet Rashford and Martial would immediately think "He's earning twice what I am? Feck that."

Infestissumam

for what it's worth, Romano said this about negative updates today:

also feel there's always a super-obvious negative brief by us once a deal goes into the final stages.

0le

Come to think of it, when was the last time a player from Dortmund (or even Germany) came to PL and knocked it out of the park?
I looked at all the transfers for the last 20 years from the German league and I ignored the rubbish or obscure transfers. Not really hard to find a few that fit the criteria. The fact that we can find four very obvious world class players is telling, plus several players who have had a big impact players or at least have been or were pretty good. Then there is a substantial list including a handful of players, some of which who you could argue had a decent impact for their respective clubs as well.

World Class:
Aubameyang - One of the best strikers in the league.
Kompany - Best defender of the last 8 years.
de Bruyne - Best player this season. One of the best players in the league. Probably the best midfielder in the world.
Karius - United Legend.

Big Impact:
Pulisic - Tearing it up this season.
Heung-min Son - Arguably one of Spurs best players.
Firmino - Vital player for Liverpool's title win.
Sané - One of the best attacking players in the league.

Good impact:
Hargreaves - Contributed to our CL and PL double.
Djorkaeff - Helped Bolton reach a league cup final.
Lehmann - Part of the Arsenal unbeatable team.
Berbatov - Helped spurs win the league cup, won honours with us and also PL boot 2010/11.
Okazaki - Helped Leicester win the league.
Christian Fuchs - Helped Leicester win the league.

Other ones of note that weren't so good or probably didn't quite make the desired impact of your criteria:
Keita
Origi
Söyüncü
Leno
Ballack
Rosicky
Hleb
Pienaar
Dzeko
Jerome Boateng
Demba Ba
Cisse
Kagawa
Sigurdsson
Van der Vaart
Claudio Pizarro
Schürrle
Arnautovic
Can
Christensen

All in all, your claims are unfounded. Whether Sancho is a success or not won't have anything to do with the fact he is coming from Dortmund or more widely, the German league.

izec

You can bet Rashford and Martial would immediately think "He's earning twice what I am? Feck that."
If he costs 120m, his wages will be higher than them, naturally. He would be a record signing, so his wages will also reflect that

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I thought the personal terms and wages were already agreed?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Been tweeted by a lot of pretty reliable journalist, so people now sure it is a brief from the club to maybe force Dortmund to back down a bit.
Yeah they’ll run with whatever is being said by the club. Doesn’t mean it’s true.

Rolaholic

The rumored figures would put him in the same pay bracket as both unless you've seen rumors claiming he'll be getting paid 500k per?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Seems like a brief. We negotiated a lower fee for Bruno like this. So I wouldn't worry about this

3KDré

Rashford and Martial are both on £200,000 plus a week. We are offering Sancho £250k which is the same as Rashford I think.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I don’t really see why we do these briefings. What does it achieve exactly? We’re the only club who does it in such a big way.

VanGaalEra

Well, well, well. What do we have here.

Reliable foreign sources against a brief from the club.

Fooza

"advanced negotiations" and it's only a matter of the "structure of payments"
to...
"valuation far off"

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think we’ll will sign him but no chance of it happening this week.

Anustart89

Woody saw that this thread was nowhere near 500 pages so had to put the brakes on the deal.

TheReligion

Abusive
Very odd this. So much talk about the contract details and confidence from all reliable sources it's been agreed - now it might not be and United are worried it will cause issues in the squad? In addition so much talk the fee was agreed and Dortmund happy - now it's not? Yet city apparently KNOW they are getting £15m from the deal?

Something big will happen with this one next 24 hours I think.

madzo2007

9pm on the button, nearly every journalist says the exact same thing, couldn't have been anymore obvious.

Would have been funny if one of them left the bit in the tweet when Woodward says "Wait until 9 then put a tweet out saying......"

Leonzo1

It's the same story with all of our recent transfers. AWB Bruno and Maguire were reported as a pretty much done deal, then there were a couple of days with negative reports and after that there was an official statement of the transfer. Even the Dan James deal was reported as done and nothing happened for about 3 weeks until we confirmed it.

dal

Sancho should be paid less than rashford and martial . He can get a bumper in 18 months if he does well.

No ransom, we have BVB over a table, the entry point is moist, no lubrication needed, easy ride, if we flop we leave, simples.

Rolaholic

Flashback to January:

It's all a part of negotiations fellow muppets

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t really see why we do these briefings. What does it achieve exactly? We’re the only club who does it in such a big way.
Because we're doing a record deal so we have to save face and make it look like we got a fair deal while letting other clubs know this isn't something we would normally do so don't be getting any ideas if we come in for your players

Status
Not open for further replies.