Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

When did the Greizmann saga happened? I honestly have no memory what so ever that we were heavily linked to him yet some people here seem to have a PTSD regarding that deal. I clearly remember the huge disappointment from the Benatia,Thiago,Dybala,De ligt etc but Greizmann?
I was thinking about that Dybala transfer the other day whilst watching Juve. I am SO glad that never happened. That would have been a typical panic buy. New United don't so that.

I also don't really recall ever feeling Greizman was coming or being disappointed he didn't.

bsCallout

The fact that Mengi was promoted to the first team leads me to believe that there is real possibility that we won’t invest in a CB.

Fabrizio's losing patience with hundreds of idiots on Twitter asking him every minute if it’s done!:lol:
Goes with the territory Fab! Everyone sees you as the Oracle
I think we only get a CB if we get rid of both Jones and Smalling for money. Their transfers will fund that purchase.

Otherwise I am quite happy with our options. Mengi looks strong enough already to play senior football.

I don't believe we won't get at least one other, albeit low profile, signing.

No Love

I don't see us walking away from this deal if that's the case
I agree. Not sure why but if this is true, I feel more confident about the deal going ahead. If Ole feels so strongly about signing Sancho that he is willing to sacrifice other potential signings, then Ed/Judge need to push the boat out and make it happen.

Judas

Open to offers
If that was true (I don't believe it) it makes it all but a certainty that the deal will happen. But I don't think it's even slightly believably that we'll just sign Sancho and that'll be it.

GJNJ

The fact that Mengi was promoted to the first team leads me to believe that there is real possibility that we won’t invest in a CB.

Fabrizio's losing patience with hundreds of idiots on Twitter asking him every minute if it’s done!:lol:
Goes with the territory Fab! Everyone sees you as the Oracle
It must be a double edge sword for him, he gains popularity, but on the other hand they are all lunatics.

Siorac

The weirdest muppets are the super negative ones who seemingly are desperate to believe anything bad. Weird way to be.
But a far more logical way to be. These sagas very often end in disappointment: Benzema, Sneijder, Özil, Nasri, Thiago, Griezmann, and so on. It's possible that Sancho will be a Berbatov or Pogba story but equally possible that it ends up being a Thiago or a Sneijder. It's better to prepare for disappointment, it's easier to take it when it comes.

UncleBob

So the first team is away so we should not sign any players? That is more nonsensical to me.

The Europa league is being played in Germany.. where is Dortmund.. In Germany.. so really it is easier for Sancho to get to the United squad in Germany.

Well obviously we are trying to structure a deal that suits both parties, otherwise it wont get done. So your stance is keep negotiation until after our team is back in the country, then if they are not budging wait till next summer? So, we go another year without a RW? gamble next summer Real, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barca wont be in for the player. If Dortmund do not budge in the next 7-10 days, what makes you think at the end of August they will? The longer it goes on the less likely they will budge.

Then come September look for reinforcements in other areas once the league has started?

That is the worst idea I have ever heard.
Where have i said we shouldn't sign any players because the first team is away, you seem to have major issues with reading text.

SATA

I feel Sancho has to gently push it himself if he wants the move this summer. By that I don’t mean going on strike but telling his club he respectfully wants to go and to facilitate the transfer smoothly

romufc

Where have i said we shouldn't sign any players because the first team is away, you seem to have major issues with reading text.
Are these not your words?

"As others have pointed out, the first team is going to be away for weeks in relation to the europa league, so if the main issue is getting him in so he can start working with the first team then there's no obvious rush"

"but using training with the first team as an argument when the first team is away is a bit nonsensical"

The argument I am making is get the player in so he can start training with the squad so we are ready when the season starts.

Your argument is there is no rush. So lets say we go to the final, end of August, then we start pushing for a players signature, he joins in September. The league starts 2nd week of September.

Oh and also, you want other targets to wait until Sancho is done /not done. So middle of September.

UnRational

I'm beginning to think some don't want this to happen just so they can say "told you so"
Some of you lot don't deserve nice things
Leave us real muppets to it.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
Sancho-Rash-Mart looks promising, but when i look at the back and see that wrestler Maguire orchestrating the defence, there no future with that guy and he is overhyped asf...
100kg defender, maybe for NFL

Squeaky Bumtime

But a far more logical way to be. These sagas very often end in disappointment: Benzema, Sneijder, Özil, Nasri, Thiago, Griezmann, and so on. It's possible that Sancho will be a Berbatov or Pogba story but equally possible that it ends up being a Thiago or a Sneijder. It's better to prepare for disappointment, it's easier to take it when it comes.
It's one thing to be rational about it, being super negative though is weird.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It might be true but most of the reliable journos with links to us are saying we want a few more which is probably why we’re trying to pay as little up front as possible. What would Jan know about our transfer targets? It’s questionable he actually knows anything on the inside about Dortmund as personally I think he just reports what’s already been said elsewhere but he definitely has no inside links to us.
After Sancho I’d be happy for us to bring in a £20-£30 million holding midfielder that can alternate with Matic. He doesn’t have to be a superstar, just someone that can play the role adequately so that Matic is not run into the ground.

If Smalling is staying, then the search for a new CB can wait until next summer imo.

It would be great to bring in another LB though.

The rumours going into this window was four in and six out. Hopefully there is some truth to that though.

Joel - Man utd

Maybe i am the only one, but i cant see he will join us. Makes abit sad. Maybe next summer we will see.

red thru&thru

I'm beginning to think some don't want this to happen just so they can say "told you so"
Some of you lot don't deserve nice things
Leave us real muppets to it.
Hahahaha, this is so true. People are so negative and then say, "told you so."

And when it does happen they're like, "Yea, I knew it would!" Hahaha

Judas

Open to offers
Sancho-Rash-Mart looks promising, but when i look at the back and see that wrestler Maguire orchestrating the defence, there no future with that guy and he is overhyped asf...
100kg defender, maybe for NFL
Bit weird how much better were at the back with him then isn’t it. It’s almost like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Mihai

Romano now backtracking,its looks like Woodward has messed up this deal and now looks highly unlikely we will buy Sancho now.
I lost count of how many Amadeus moments people have in this thread.

UncleBob

Are these not your words?

"As others have pointed out, the first team is going to be away for weeks in relation to the europa league, so if the main issue is getting him in so he can start working with the first team then there's no obvious rush"

"but using training with the first team as an argument when the first team is away is a bit nonsensical"

The argument I am making is get the player in so he can start training with the squad so we are ready when the season starts.

Your argument is there is no rush. So lets say we go to the final, end of August, then we start pushing for a players signature, he joins in September. The league starts 2nd week of September.

Oh and also, you want other targets to wait until Sancho is done /not done. So middle of September.
So where does it say that we shouldn't sign players while the first team is away?

pacifictheme

I think refreshing the topic 15 times an hour makes it feel like it's dragging on.

Just want to see him holding the shirt really, think he will improve us a huge amount, not as much as bruno has, but I do think we will be more potent with him in the team and that can only be a good thing.

Infra-red

After Sancho I’d be happy for us to bring in a £20-£30 million holding midfielder that can alternate with Matic. He doesn’t have to be a superstar, just someone that can play the role adequately so that Matic is not run into the ground.

If Smalling is staying, then the search for a new CB can wait until next summer imo.

It would be great to bring in another LB though.

The rumours going into this window was four in and six out. Hopefully there is some truth to that though.
I'd be flabbergasted if we sign four players this summer, when one of them will cost us £100m+.

Nobody yet knows the magnitude of the financial hit they will have to take from COVID-19 - United, like every other club, cannot afford to throw caution to the wind and spend irresponsibly this summer.

If (and it is an "IF") United manage to get Sancho over the line, that will be a significant achievement in this climate. If you're expecting more than that, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Acole9

Outstanding

I think some people in this thread need to understand this.
This fella must have the patience of a saint. His account is inundated with "Who are we signing Fab" "When is Sancho coming" "You said Sancho had signed you're a liar". He provides a lot of information but that's still not enough for some.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Maybe i am the only one, but i cant see he will join us. Makes abit sad. Maybe next summer we will see.
We’ll know soon enough mate. Come Monday, if Dortmund don't brief that the deadline has passed and Sancho stays, we’ll know that they are expecting him to leave.

Sancho ticks every single box. Young, English, elite level potential and plays on the right. If we don’t wrap this up now then Woodward is going to be absolutely finished. The fans will destroy him.

romufc

So where does it say that we shouldn't sign players while the first team is away?
Me stating I want Sancho signed so he can train and you saying it is nonsensical pretty much sums it up.

I want new signings to gel. You do realise that when we have pre season tours away, we sign players? We dont wait until we are back in the country to sign players :lol: :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
Bit weird how much better were at the back with him then isn’t it. It’s almost like you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Lets talk about him next season in CL against Mbappe, Messi and other fellas..
Maguire is a joke

Stevondo8

If we don’t sign Sancho today it’s clearly because he wants number 11 instead of 7...which is sensible, 7 has become a bit of a poisoned chalice. We’ll hear news after the Copenhagen game.

SATA

This fella must have the patience of a saint. His account is inundated with "Who are we signing Fab" "When is Sancho coming" "You said Sancho had signed you're a liar". He provides a lot of information but that's still not enough for some.
I’m sure he doesn’t mind it. He’s earning loads of money through his twitter views and they are increasing every minute because people and mainly United fans are checking and retweeting on Sancho and his famous three words

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
What does he mean by 'atmospheric'? He can sense that from his office? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.