Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verminator

Smalling is back out of circumstance. We wanted Roma to pay a small fee and they couldn't oblige. It is also reported he wants playing time so as much as I'd personally want to keep him, I don't think we will refrain from accepting bids from other clubs. Mengi came on for 10 mins for a game we were up 5-1 in, I wouldn't read anything into that.
Fulham should be all over Mike.

TheLord

10m more than the 120m Dortmund were earlier asking for or 10m more than what United are currently offering? Poles apart!
Such vague posts usually mean the poster is clueless.

davidmichael

Smalling is back out of circumstance. We wanted Roma to pay a small fee and they couldn't oblige. It is also reported he wants playing time so as much as I'd personally want to keep him, I don't think we will refrain from accepting bids from other clubs. Mengi came on for 10 mins for a game we were up 5-1 in, I wouldn't read anything into that.
Yes of course it’s through circumstance that Smalling is only back because Roma couldn't afford a fee for him but Ole said the other day that Smalling went out on loan because he wasn’t first choice and that he’s happy to have him back.

Reality is he’d get in the majority of teams in the league as part of a first choice pairing so as a squad option he’s a good player to have, he’s played at the highest level both at club level and internationally and has attributes that most of our other options don’t have plus is fit the majority of the time.

Ole clearly rates Mengi just like he does Tuanzebe so with those two plus Smalling I don’t see Ole wanting another centre back as those three plus Bailly will be back up to Lindelof and Maguire, it’s definitely a position we can upgrade on BUT I don’t think Ole will see it as a priority area with the players we’ve got and especially in this window with the current world situation.

Tiber

I wondered when Duncan would have his say. Last time I listened to that podcast they went on a long rant about how unfair it it is that United got some penalties and VAR decisions. Poor lads both sounded genuinely gutted.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
10m more than the 120m Dortmund were earlier asking for or 10m more than what United are currently offering? Poles apart!
Such vague posts usually mean the poster is clueless.
And there you have the cliche I've been waiting for :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
Just out of curiosity why is Schmeichel suddenly wanted by several clubs - Pope is better, young and probably a lot cheaper

GJNJ

Probably the first to call this and I m not a insider. Sancho will blow most of our budget. We will have probably about £40m to spend after we acquire him because we have been spending a lot of money recently with no success beside advertisement. Sancho, plus one signing I believe. Not sure if that signing will be high profile, but I cants see us getting Sancho and Grelish, which would have made us more stronger depth wise in the attack. Which is why I like my idea better.
You are not the first to say this, and you are replying to a tweet that also says it so to say you are the first to call it is bananas.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don't know. Can't be bothered listening. Posted hoping someone here would do the heavy lifting.
My guess is 10m more up front. If they suddenly demanded 130m, Utd would walk away and justifiably so. Plus I don't see Dortmund behaving in this way.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
I'd usually say there's no smoke without fire but in this case, considering the thread title, I should hope not.

Lemansky

Probably the first to call this and I m not a insider. Sancho will blow most of our budget. We will have probably about £40m to spend after we acquire him because we have been spending a lot of money recently with no success beside advertisement. Sancho, plus one signing I believe. Not sure if that signing will be high profile, but I cants see us getting Sancho and Grelish, which would have made us more stronger depth wise in the attack. Which is why I like my idea better.
I am probably the first to call this and I am not an insider or ITK. Sancho will be expensive but I am sure we will move on to other targets after this. My idea is a CB and a versatile midfielder. Hope the club like my idea as it’s e very good one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I mean, I get that this has become a meme at this point and memes don´t necessarily hold much truth, but declaring them as such is just asking to have that argument being ripped apart.

You wanna know how many players Dortmund actively sold (as in actually agreeing to a deal) to Bayern Munich over the last 15 years? One. A single player, who came originally out of Munichs academy and turned out to be a bargain. A player who was allowed to return to his boyhood club eight years later for 35 Mil. €, which made him given his contract situation (one year left) the most expensive defender of his kind in Europe until that point.

How the hell is that selling to rivals cheaply?
Don't spoil it with your facts

Joseunited

I am probably the first to call this and I am not an insider or ITK. Sancho will be expensive but I am sure we will move on to other targets after this. My idea is a CB and a versatile midfielder. Hope the club like my idea as it’s e very good one.
You should email Ed and see how you get on.

El Zoido

I think Ole can find value in the market, he seems to be more involved in recruitment than his predecessors and can pick a player. I also think he’ll utilise the youth team players to good effect. Sancho would give us an x-factor, if he’s a success (and I’m confident he will be), nobody will care what we paid. I remember having arguments with United fans over us paying £30m for Rio, way back when.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
My guess is 10m more up front. If they suddenly demanded 130m, Utd would walk away and justifiably so. Plus I don't see Dortmund behaving in this way.
Neh that ain’t gonna happen, proper unprofessional if they did that. If it’s true they have set the price at 120 mil then they won’t go back on that.

red thru&thru

Castle and Ian are saying 90m up front and 20m add ons, instead of what United are offering of 80m & 30m add ons

Mainoldo

He said Dortmund are asking for 10m more. I’m just confused if that means upfront or total.
Probably upfront then. I think £80m is a lot in this market to be honest. So we have probably been trying to negotiate £60m. Hopefully they sort it out. They’ll still get there £120m.

Adamsk7

The thing is, if we are serious about progression, we’ll get this deal done and soon. If we aren’t, then we will let him get away and join a rival next summer when his price is lower. It’s as simple as that. Generational talent - could be as big as Rooney or Ronaldo for us.

Giggsy13

It's a massive signing that requires large teams so it's no doubt going to take a significant amount of time, I think it'll be a couple more weeks.

I still think there'll be a few outs. I still see Grealish happening too but maybe that's just a gut feeling more than logic.
Grealish will go down to the final day I think or even possibly a move we make in January. After blowing a big chunk of our budget on Sancho, we will have to be play the long game with any other targets.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Absolutely. They want to sell, we want to buy. Just haggling over the price. :cool:
Actually, not really. I think a lot of people in this thread mistake the willingness to sale under certain circumstances with an actual desire to do so. Dortmund does not want to sell, which is why all this press talk about "winning" this transfer is just that. It boggled my mind anyway, that this one article by Bild was met with such negative reactions here, when it was infact one of the most positive pieces of "journalism" that was posted in this entire thread from Uniteds perspective. That overly positive article just screamed "favour to Dortmund" and is meant to paint the deal in the best possible light.

Make no mistake, nobody at Dortmund will celebrate if this deal goes through, even if United meets every demand. They won´t celebrate if it falls through, either, as it will only delay Sanchos departure by a year and will slash the transfer fee. The chance for celebration went out of the window when Sancho turned down a new contract, when they went to their absolute limit of their wage structure.

Since then it is simply about making the most out of an undesirable situation. Fortunately for Dortmund and a bit unfortunately for United, their DoF is really good at doing that, which is also why Dortmund could stay competitive even with a relatively large overturn of quality players over the last decade.

red thru&thru

How do they know unless they're in there too? Plus it could be all his peers from youth team and England
They do say that Jadon is in regular contact with his England team mates at United. Which they could be, but that's obviously just good friends keeping in touch, and nothing to do with him coming to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.