Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

We need to brief we’re in talks for X player in the same position and a deal is close. Dortmund’s ass will fall out at that point.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Knocking me sick coming in here and seeing people post about being happy with Grealish/Zaha instead. Those 2 are average premier league players they are a million miles away from someone like Sancho. Give your heads a shake.
Marcus-Martial-Mason. How can you not be happy with this front three? Grealish/Zaha will be brought for just bench option.

The one who is suffering is Dortmund not us. Dortmund will double Sancho's wages while his contract will remain until 2022. Not only they will need to pay more for his wages for another year, they will lose him for much cheaper than our current offer next year.

georgipep

Marcus-Martial-Mason. How can you not be happy with this front three? Grealish/Zaha will be brought for just bench option.

The one who is suffering is Dortmund not us. Dortmund will double Sancho's wages while his contract will remain until 2022. Not only they will need to pay more for his wages for another year, they will lose him for much cheaper than our current offer next year.
That's not true though. They will offer him a new contract with a new end date, obviously.

RkkMan

Not gonna lie starting to feel Dybala MK2 vibes now and it will be an absolute shame if we don`t get him. I`m not having this excuse of the pandemic making it hard to afford him didn`t Napoli who have far superior resources to us get affected as well yet they`ve shattered their finances for Osimhen? Arsenal/Tottenham will spend and Chelsea/City we can all see what`s happening. The last time we were in such a position of strength where we needed to spend to close the gap on the top and increase the gap on those below us we dithered and ended up having our worst season post Fergie Era after the Moyes era. We cannot afford to dither again and remain in this vicious cycle. It may be difficult but Utd definitely have the resources to pull off this deal we may face losses due to having no fans but we will face bigger losses if we have another bad season and miss out on CL football better to overspend now and reap benefits later(another top3 finish maybe a trophy that will give us prize money) than making excuses to dither and face even bigger financial consequences.

Zen86

I’d rather Sancho than Zaha, but I’m glad we’re playing hardball and not bending over for Dortmund. We’re in a strong position at the moment so we should make the most of it.

georgipep

Nope, it would be a raise with no extension. He’s not going to sign an extension when he wants to leave.
That's just assumption on your end (as is on mine) but the logic is flawed. If he wants to leave, there is no point in the raise as he will get his transfer.

Terminator

Aston Villa had a net transfer of 140m pounds last year. Give your heads a shake if you think this is financially unfeasible. If clubs like Atletico, Napoli are completing deals of this magnitude, United have no excuses really.

Last edited:

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Not gonna lie starting to feel Dybala MK2 vibes now and it will be an absolute shame if we don`t get him. I`m not having this excuse of the pandemic making it hard to afford him didn`t Napoli who have far superior resources to us get affected as well yet they`ve shattered their finances for Osimhen? Arsenal/Tottenham will spend and Chelsea/City we can all see what`s happening. The last time we were in such a position of strength where we needed to spend to close the gap on the top and increase the gap on those below us we dithered and ended up having our worst season post Fergie Era after the Moyes era. We cannot afford to dither again and remain in this vicious cycle. It may be difficult but Utd definitely have the resources to pull off this deal we may face losses due to having no fans but we will face bigger losses if we have another bad season and miss out on CL football better to overspend now and reap benefits later(another top3 finish maybe a trophy that will give us prize money) than making excuses to dither and face even bigger financial consequences.
I stopped reading at Arsenal & Tottenham will spend because you're literally lying when trying to create some weird narrative.

Odd.

VanGaalEra

Even Mr Bundesliga is saying their might be a breakdown between Dortmund and Sancho if he’s not sold this year.

VanGaalEra

That's just assumption on your end (as is on mine) but the logic is flawed. If he wants to leave, there is no point in the raise as he will get his transfer.
It’s essentially to keep the player happy and performing at his best as opposed to sulking and seeing a drop off in quality.

E-mal

I can't see this deal happening.Ed thought he can take Dortmund for the ride but he has messed up again.
I wanted to say calm you tits young lady but I saw the poster, I wasn't expecting any different.

VanGaalEra

Also backed up by Falk. Dortmund do not want this deal to go away, I keep saying it, they need the money

Member 101269

9. Dortmund don’t have the financial muscles to turn down 120 mill euro. That’s why they are willing to sell for that amount

1 Man UTD must understand that Dortmund want to keep him. That they will double his wages ..

Did he think through his tweet...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Also backed up by Falk. Dortmund do not want this deal to go away, I keep saying it, they need the money

They would have to be insane to both throw away £100+ million and force a player to stay who clearly wants out.

That's just terrible business.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We have a world class, game changing right winger wanting to join us. A move which could potentially see our front 3 sorted for 10 years. And we’re dicking about to try and get a better deal.

If we get it done, then fair play and the board deserve credit.

If we mess it up, then they deserve all the criticism which will come their way.

I do still think it’ll be done, but I’m nowhere near as confident as I was at the start of the week

Manny

Grammar Police
Even Mr Bundesliga is saying their might be a breakdown between Dortmund and Sancho if he’s not sold this year.

:lol: this guy

#4 ... names that excite. Yeah thats worked out well for us

This Jan guy sounds likes he's on Dortmunds payroll

MiracleInMadrid

So much focus on the fact that Dortmund want to double his wages. The contract terms that we have agreed with him just have to match it or top it slightly to completely bury that argument against the deal happening. And if I know our club right, we have offered him crazy money.

RkkMan

I stopped reading at Arsenal & Tottenham will spend because you're literally lying when trying to create some weird narrative.

Odd.
There`s no chance Arsenal and Spurs will be this bad again next season and both are on the verge of making signings and they will keep investing bar not at the level of City/Chelsea but they will still improve. If we don`t invest well they can easily catch us while we have our tails between our legs

RkkMan

Arsenal gifting Willian a final pay cheque to stay in London and Spurs signing Højbjerg doesn't really strike much fear.
They will improve them though and they wont be the only signings and you are forgetting they hired their managers in the middle of the seasons by next season they will have acclamatized to their systems by the time next season starts and both were showing signs of improvement towards the end of last season.Naive to think with a bit of investment Arsenal/Spurs will remain in the same positions

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

That's 100m right there at a conservative estimate, and probably 150m.
You think we're going to spend that and more for bench options? Not forgetting that the latter is a flat track bully who failed here and has only been intermittently good at Palace.

El Zoido

Fecking hell he’s gone from cryptic “70-30-20” tweets to an essay in under a week.

Hawks2008

-Zaha: 38 games, 4 goals + 3 assists
-Dan James: 33 games, 3 goals + 6
assists

Think I'd cry if we signed Zaha instead of Sancho

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How is it a flawed? If he wants to leave, there is no point he accepts an extension. Sancho will accept payrise without extension and 100% be sold due to 1 year left in his contract & leave with even more salary in his new club next year.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For me it all depends on how serious Dortmund is about the deadline. An agreement is not happening before then.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
They will improve them though and they wont be the only signings and you are forgetting they hired their managers in the middle of the seasons by next season they will have acclamatized to their systems by the time next season starts and both were showing signs of improvement towards the end of last season.Naive to think with a bit of investment Arsenal/Spurs will remain in the same positions
I just don't get how you have so much confidence on Spurs and Arsenal improving but not the club that qualified for the Champions League and in most likeliness has the bigger budget, better recruitment in the last year and bigger appetite to spend.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
-Zaha: 38 games, 4 goals + 3 assists
-Dan James: 33 games, 3 goals + 6
assists

Think I'd cry if we signed Zaha instead of Sancho
I'm not convinced about James but he's done enough to show he's an ok bench option but it's up to him to make a case for a starting role.

Zaha is not a player Ole would consider for the fee of about 60-70 million Palace would want, nor is he a player that is going to make us better

Mercurial

Why are people fretting, you know Woody will cave eventually.

The deal will get done.
Given history I wouldn't bet against Woody to botch and fold like a house of cards and give them more than they wanted on first day. In a way I like that he/club is *trying* to break our stigma of being a cash cow on transfers but fear it's just an act. This transfer makes more sense than Griezman, Bale, and Dybala and his baggage entourage et al. Wish we could do these things more smooth. If this transfer fails (by pure sense of how well he suits us on all checkboxes it shouldn't!) this place will go into an apocalyptic meltdown all in on DOF and Ed/Glazer-Out threads for a quarter year at least!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's 100m right there at a conservative estimate, and probably 150m.
You think we're going to spend that and more for bench options? Not forgetting that the latter is a flat track bully who failed here and has only been intermittently good at Palace.
No we aren't and I never really say we should sign them. The point is simple, if we don't get Sancho, Greenwood a world class talent will be our regular player on the right flank and we aren't in rush to spend money for the backup player means we have the power to be picky.

OrcaFat

Marcus Martial Mason

yes I am very happy with that when all fit and in form. But we have to have genuine competition for places. We shouldn’t buy anyone as a bench option. Every player we buy should expect to challenge for a spot in the team. With so many games, there are a lot of injuries and fatigue. Ideally you want 22 very good players. If you get that then you go deep into all the cup competitions and everyone gets 30 + games a season and stays fresh. In the crunch games you have options busting for selection.

Of course you can’t buy all these players in one or two windows but much better to buy one top player than two decent ones and I do think we should do what it takes to get Sancho.

LonelyFire

I genuinely think 120m for a player in this particular market, and when there are no other realistic buyers, is a joke. Yes, he’s a great talent and I’d love him here but we’re the only club in for him due to circumstance and still being held to ransom. I absolutely accept the Glazers have taken far more out and I’m not falling for any rhetoric from them but the fees you pay have a direct impact on other players you are interested in. This is a ridiculous amount to pay when you’re the only club in the running. If the player really wanted it, he’d make it happen. It doesn’t look like he will therefore I think we’ll miss out and he will go elsewhere in 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.