Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Love

I find it very unlikely they'd come out to deny he's leaving, only for them to still be content with him leaving. They've spent this whole summer trying to look like they 'won' and that they weren't pushovers, especially with the recent comments Bayern made about them. They would look weak as feck to come out and publically, in a presser, say he wasn't leaving, only for him to leave. I don't see it happening if that's the results of the announcement imo.
Sadly, I think you’re right. :(

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah it hurt me back then. Was 100% convinced he's ours. All people saying he's a United fan..etc. Urgh, dreadful.
His brother had us on a wild ride too, that saga had everything :lol: It's going to really hurt having to return my Masdon Sanchwood shirt :(

TheReligion

Abusive
I find it very unlikely they'd come out to deny he's leaving, only for them to still be content with him leaving. They've spent this whole summer trying to look like they 'won' and that they weren't pushovers, especially with the recent comments Bayern made about them. They would look weak as feck to come out and publically, in a presser, say he wasn't leaving, only for him to leave. I don't see it happening if that's the results of the announcement imo.
Didn't they say this with Dembele though

Rolaholic

Didn't he say the same about Dembele then they sold him within the week?
Yes and Aubameyang another of their stars who wanted out publicly rinsed him for it :lol:

They legit always chat shit, happened with Mkhi, Pulisic, Dembele and Aubemeyang. Hard to think this is any different if the player doesn't want to stay as all accounts confirm

Wouldn't take any posturing from them at face value

Fooza

Or, and get this, hear me out, it makes us looks like we won’t pay over the odds, therefore not making us look weak.
Tired of comparing egos when it comes to business in a transfer market, if the sancho deal makes us stronger on the pitch next year that's all that matters. If Ole thinks Sancho is the man to get, that's the ultimate goal. Paying or not paying means nothing if it results in a difference in league positions and trophies at the end.

saivet

I agree. I've been pretty bullish that this deal would happen and not been worried at all, however this future statement from Zorc is. Not sure the point of him him coming out with a vague statement.

We shall see, but I'm now expecting either something along the lines you mentioned or him saying a deal is near completion.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think at the end of the day you have to be philosophical about all of this. If we get him fantastic. He's a great player and will really fit in. It's clear he wants to come but if we can't prise him away right now given what's going on in the world then so be it. We'll try again next season. Ultimately we have a fantastic front three in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood along side Pogba and Bruno in behind. If it's not meant to be right now we can get by strengthening elsewhere and pick this back up again.

Sancho doesn't want to stay in Germany it's quite obvious so if we have to wait mehhh so be it.

VanGaalEra

Yeah it hurt me back then. Was 100% convinced he's ours. All people saying he's a United fan..etc. Urgh, dreadful.
It came out of nowhere, and people saying Di Marzio isn’t reliable, he was the first one to report it and said we were more interested in a striker. Few weeks later, Lukaku.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes and Aubameyang another of their stars who wanted out publicly rinsed him for it :lol:

They legit always chat shit, happened with Mkhi, Pulisic, Dembele and Aubemeyang. Hard to think this is any different if the player doesn't want to stay as all accounts confirm

Wouldn't take any posturing from them at face value
Can't you just write that any bigger for the others to read please.

It's like the text book from Dortmund. Guess what. They still sold.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I think at the end of the day you have to be philosophical about all of this.
Why do we bother with all this pointless transfer stuff? We're all going to be dead soon enough anyway. Are we living in a simulation? What is life? Does anything even matter in the grand scheme of things?

Fooza

I think at the end of the day you have to be philosophical about all of this. If we get him fantastic. He's a great player and will really fit in. It's clear he wants to come but if we can't prise him away right now given what's going on in the world then so be it. We'll try again next season. Ultimately we have a fantastic front three in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood along side Pogba and Bruno in behind. If it's not meant to be right now we can get by strengthening elsewhere and pick this back up again.

Sancho doesn't want to stay in Germany it's quite obvious so if we have to wait mehhh so be it.
Are you confident we will get him next year if say we go up with the likes of Juventus, Barca, Real Madrid and Liverpool?

I agree with most things you said about being philosophical, it's realistic that this deal won't happen. But we can't rely on greenwood to consistently play the whole season whilst challenging for CL too. I wouldn't rely on James either, I think if sancho won't happen we may end up going with another target for RW

AltiUn

Are you confident we will get him next year if say we go up with the likes of Juventus, Barca, Real Madrid and Liverpool?

I agree with most things you said about being philosophical, it's realistic that this deal won't happen. But we can't rely on greenwood to consistently play the whole season whilst challenging for CL too. I wouldn't rely on James either, I think if sancho won't happen we may end up going with another target for RW
Even with Sancho we're not going to be challenging for the CL. We'll have to target another attacker if Sancho doesn't happen though, even if it's just a loan, next season will likely be quite chaotic too and we want to avoid running players into the ground.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ready for disappointment ... who knows if the deadline is real. Would imagine tomorrow there would need to be actual progress though one way or another. Either its announced we're in bigger discussions or its off. Won't be announced or agreed but id imagine they have to at least say we're in serious discussions to keep the option open of him leaving.

Us not signing him will be 100% down to a lack of ambition, thats it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I’m not so sure. The best thing Ed and co could do for the next few deals is be decisive. Get in pay the money and get a fecking class player And get out. It’s not a lot of money over 5 years for a club of our size even taking covid into consideration. Why do we always have to try and look too clever. Just do the fecking deal. Clubs must look at us and think here come these idiots this is going to take ages and be front and back page news for weeks. It’s Dortmund’s best player. More power to them if they stand firm. If he stays beyond this summer I bet he signs a new mega deal with the promise he’ll be let go next summer for yes you guessed it. 120 million.
So we should just allow any club to name their price for every target and we should just pay it? We'd gain more power in the future by actually walking away from one of these deals at unrealistic prices.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Didn't he say the same about Dembele then they sold him within the week?
Dembele forced the move by going AWOL.

I'm expecting Zorc to say that BVB haven't had contact with any club regarding Sancho and as far as he's concerned the matter is closed.

But United and BVB will likely carry on with negotiations via intermediaries.

AltiUn

Romano saying the same thing he's been saying for the last 2 weeks.

Rolaholic

Can't you just write that any bigger for the others to read please.

It's like the text book from Dortmund. Guess what. They still sold.
Yea I really don't get all the sudden panic and gloom and doom when it's early August and the window for both clubs ends on October 5th this year...

It'd be a different story if club linked journo's started breaking news of us walking away or cooling interest as they usually do when a deal is dead but that has yet to be the case. All of it has been coming directly from the Dortmund side who have a long history of issuing conflicting signals during all their big negotiations.

I don't know, maybe I'm just used to these saga's over the years but nothing has really felt definitive or out of the ordinary yet. It's following a pattern that we've seen before multiple times with that club. They've always shown a willingness to sell if the price is right regardless of what they might say leading up to that sale.

With the player seemingly not being interested in extending with them, this is likely their best chance to cash in on his peak value before possibly risking losing out on a good amount of money once he gets to the final year of his contract

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
They are leaving tomorrow for Switzerland and as they announced that day as a deadline they now have to say something. But regardless of what he says if we are still interested then talks will continue.

Jericholyte2

I completely get that a 120m euro outlay in this environment is a massive ask given the losses due to Covid, but have to agree with the above that if this doesn't happen it'll be a massive lack of ambition from the club and a lack of support for Ole.

Thinking about the outlay of this money has to be thought about as being an investment in, hypothetically, a 10-12yr career with United and the potential success that could bring.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
So we should just allow any club to name their price for every target and we should just pay it? We'd gain more power in the future by actually walking away from one of these deals at unrealistic prices.
bet we will be front of the q for 120 next summer when we can’t maintain a challenge next season. Same craic as panic buying Bruno. Just leave everything till there’s no other choice instead of actually being decisive.

Revan

Assumptionman
I’m not so sure. The best thing Ed and co could do for the next few deals is be decisive. Get in pay the money and get a fecking class player And get out. It’s not a lot of money over 5 years for a club of our size even taking covid into consideration. Why do we always have to try and look too clever. Just do the fecking deal. Clubs must look at us and think here come these idiots this is going to take ages and be front and back page news for weeks. It’s Dortmund’s best player. More power to them if they stand firm. If he stays beyond this summer I bet he signs a new mega deal with the promise he’ll be let go next summer for yes you guessed it. 120 million.
How do you know that 120m or whatever he costs is not a lot of money? Do you have any idea how much money covid cost us (I don’t, but it can be a shitload). There are reasons why no club is spending crazy amount of money this summer. It is not FM when you simply press a button and you get the player you want.

Also, the transfer window will continue for another 2 months. Chill.

Revan

Assumptionman
His brother had us on a wild ride too, that saga had everything :lol: It's going to really hurt having to return my Masdon Sanchwood shirt :(
Masson Sanchwood? Is it a pisstake or it is really possible to get one? I so want it (if Sancho comes).

RUCK4444

I completely get that a 120m euro outlay in this environment is a massive ask given the losses due to Covid, but have to agree with the above that if this doesn't happen it'll be a massive lack of ambition from the club and a lack of support for Ole.

Thinking about the outlay of this money has to be thought about as being an investment in, hypothetically, a 10-12yr career with United and the potential success that could bring.
Totally agree, the bolded part in particular.

It’s a lot of money, but that money is being spent on a player that ticks so many boxes and one that could really help us realise the full potential of this squad.

Not to mention he’s Ole’s first choice signing, he’s a RW which we have lacked for so long, Young, British, extremely talented, with a position waiting for him to literally walk into and take us up another gear.

It’s about as good a safe bet as the board will get for their money.

E-mal

You have got to admire the way our club is run. Some CEO /VP who wants people to change the perception of him being a mug by jeopardising the one transfer where paying the price could have well being justified. If we miss out on Sancho or get to pay more than his evaluation, I will be livid.

I have supported ed but this transfer is not where he makes the exception.

AltiUn

Masson Sanchwood? Is it a pisstake or it is really possible to get one? I so want it (if Sancho comes).
I was joking but I'm sure you can get a custom one.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
How do you know that 120m or whatever he costs is not a lot of money? Do you have any idea how much money covid cost us (I don’t, but it can be a shitload). There are reasons why no club is spending crazy amount of money this summer. It is not FM when you simply press a button and you get the player you want.

Also, the transfer window will continue for another 2 months. Chill.
I just have no faith in Ed. I think we’ve got extremely lucky with Bruno and it’s papered over a lot of cracks for now. It’s made him look more competent than he is at football matters. this isn’t the transfer to get cocky over. It’s a position in the team that’s needed fixing for too long.

arthurka

Anyone who thought this would be done in a couple of days in a middle of a pandemic and financial uncertainty must have been a bit delusional. 120m is a crazy amount of money.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yea I really don't get all the sudden panic and gloom and doom when it's early August and the window for both clubs ends on October 5th this year...

It'd be a different story if club linked journo's started breaking news of us walking away or cooling interest as they usually do when a deal is dead but that has yet to be the case. All of it has been coming directly from the Dortmund side who have a long history of issuing conflicting signals during all their big negotiations.

I don't know, maybe I'm just used to these saga's over the years but nothing has really felt definitive or out of the ordinary yet. It's following a pattern that we've seen before multiple times with that club. They've always shown a willingness to sell if the price is right regardless of what they might say leading up to that sale.

With the player seemingly not being interested in extending with them, this is likely their best chance to cash in on his peak value before possibly risking losing out on a good amount of money once he gets to the final year of his contract
Very good and sensible take on it.

Basically Dortmund make things up and have a history of doing so during negotiations with other clubs.

If it was dead we would be hearing that from multiple sources as both clubs would brief their take on it to save face.

Revan

Assumptionman
I just have no faith in Ed. I think we’ve got extremely lucky with Bruno and it’s papered over a lot of cracks for now. It’s made him look more competent than he is at football matters. this isn’t the transfer to get cocky over. It’s a position in the team that’s needed fixing for too long.
This isn’t the transfer to get cocky with, but we also (unlike in FM) don’t have unlimited funds. The money we can spend is limited, the money we can pay upfront is limited too. Even if Ed and Ole really want Sancho, it needs to be within the parameters we can offer for the transfer to happen. BVB will want as much money as possible, we would want to pay as less money as possible, with United having a maximum amount we can pay and BVB having a minimum amount they can accept. If these numbers are not each other, then we cannot get it.

I also want a Tesla but at the moment I cannot buy it. The reasons why I am not buying it is cause I cannot afford (without leaving other things worse), not because my lack of ambition or me being a terrible negotiator or me trying to be smart.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
bet we will be front of the q for 120 next summer when we can’t maintain a challenge next season. Same craic as panic buying Bruno. Just leave everything till there’s no other choice instead of actually being decisive.
Maybe, or maybe £120m will look even more unrealistic for any team after a year of financial struggle due to Coronavirus.

What if Dortmund were demanding £150m would that be okay too? You can't just bow to any team's demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.