Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Woodward truly can't win can he.

If he pays the full fee, we're "Mugs" and he has no skill in negotiation.
If he doesn't pay the full fee, he's small time, has no skill etc

If he tries to get the fee down, aka negotiate it's "Pathetic" and "embarrassing" according to people just on this page.

So pray tell, what should be doing here?

El Zoido

This is still on until either Sancho or United say otherwise. BVB will still sell if the price is right.

pascell

He is reliable. It’s entirely possible the intermediaries agreed a fee negotiating on behalf of both clubs only for Woodward to decide a fee he told the intermediaries he would accept was no longer acceptable. Sancho pushing for a move is the only way this gets done this year in my eyes.
Sancho isn't going to hand in a transfer request, the German media have already said he's happy and committed if a move to United doesn't materialise. Plus, why sign an extension last year until '23 if you're going to want out a year after it? This guy is just full of sh*t about this transfer, €60+60m when Dortmund have briefed their media all along they want €90m upfront and the rest in cash and installments, no add ons.

Resch

They paid that fee cos of the Neymar sale though. Everyone knew how much Barca got and hiked the price accordingly. The opposite should be true here where the fee is more realistic.

I'm not upset by it but why do Dortmund only now have a backbone? Pulisic went to Chelsea for £58m. Aubameyang went to Arsenal for £56m. Is Sancho worth double those two to Dortmund? I don't get why they are suddenly playing such hardball with us. We have done business before for Kagawa and Mkhitaryan so it doesn't feel like we have poor relationship with Dortmund.
They will try to challenge Bayern next season. Dortmund knows, that you can not replace Sancho with all that money.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Would be very surprised if Zork does a 180 and sells him now. There's not much wiggle room to back out of that sort of definitive statement.

I'm not disagreeing that it's a fair price, I believe it is, and that we should have paid it before the deadline they gave.
You obviously have no idea about his past then do you? Hes a pure BSer, to the point where even players have ripped into him

Womp

idiot

If he tries to get the fee down, aka negotiate it's "Pathetic" and "embarrassing" according to people just on this page.

I really don't think anyone here would genuinely give a shit if he paid full price. We had a genuine opportunity to sign one of the World's best players, who is young and will only get better, without any competition. Someone who was keen to join us. It's all well negotiating a better price, but if you then as a result, feck the deal up, that's on you. It's his job, along with Judge to get these deals over the line when expected. He couldn't, which is a failure on his part.

acnumber9

I think its awfully handy for some journo's that Woodward is perceived as so incompetent by the fans.
We’ve seen it in action for 7 years now. Nothing will quite beat letting a players release clause lapse and then paying more money for him though.

Stretender

I don't think United have tons of money @amolbhatia50k . That can be said of Manchester City. What is clear after what Zorc said is that Romano and the so called Twitter experts do not know more than we do here. People should stop believing their word as gospel. Dortmund are silly as well. Why gloat to the world that you secretly extended a players contract? If Sancho is desperate for a move how would a club saying such a statement make the player feel? This will end ugly and Sancho will hand in a transfer request.

saivet

Who the feck even is Daniel Harris? Did he not recently say the deal was completed? Looks like a ridiculous claim now in hindsight
He said a fee had been agreed but the structure of payments needed to be agreed. It's pretty consistent with what everyone else has been saying to be honest, it's all about how much we pay up front, as instalments in the future and any potential add-ons. Unsurprisingly it seems we think the total 120m euros should be made up of add-ons, Dortmund think not and prefer as much money as possible up front.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Zorc is a bit of a moron. He knows there’s a good chance he’ll still leave so why come out and draw the line in the sand definitively when he’ll only look silly once more when he’s sold. This is why I prefer us not commenting on anything till it’s official.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would be very surprised if Zork does a 180 and sells him now. There's not much wiggle room to back out of that sort of definitive statement.

I'm not disagreeing that it's a fair price, I believe it is, and that we should have paid it before the deadline they gave.
No manager has ever said differently to what has then happened.

Like Solskjaer insisting Lukaku and Sanchez were still part of it, then bombing them out a few weeks on.
Or Fergie not selling Madrid as much as a "virus", then selling them out best player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's funny Fab, looks like it was a real feckin deadline after all. Hope you lot who worship him drop him to at least Tier 2 on your reliability scale.
I don't think any of them should be worshipped but let's see if this concludes the negotiations for this window before being sure about that.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We can still massively improve the squad and perhaps even the first XI without Sancho. It would have fit well, but I genuinely don't believe 120m is the right figure in this environment, and if BVB really value him at that then I disagree but that's their prerogative. Him staying will most certainly not increase their bottom line by, say, 80m which could get it done. Now maybe they go on to win the Bundesliga with Sancho player of the year - if so then Zorc et al look correct, but if they finish second as always and a middling CL performance than what was the difference really?

Maybe Sancho loves it there and never wanted to come back, but certainly not what it feels like.

On to the agents now.

For United, we still need an attacking player who can play on the right, cover for Matic and probably a full back. Plenty to do.

Manny

Grammar Police

Exactly... some of this lot should join Dortmund's negotiating team

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
:lol: Fair play Dortmund. The idea that any journalist is reliable or ITK ruined with that contract news.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm waiting for news on this presser, if Zorc says one thing in a presser and the total opposite to journo's then that would make no sense, so I feel we can gain some comparison here on what Dortmund's official stance is, compared to Romano's info so far.
Zorc as predicted, talked cryptic bollocks. Of course they plan on having Jadon in the team, until the right offer comes. He has not said Jadon is not for sale (which the club had said about Dembele, Aubameyang who ended up going anyway). If anything its an even softer stance, so this as predicted, was nothing but club politics.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Fabrizio Romano is full of shit. Imagine my shock. hahahaha

He's in that tight with Sancho's agent he just happen to overlook the fact he's extended his deal beyond 2022. He knows absolutely feck all. He's just another Di Marzio. Gone early on it and doesn't have a clue. He might get it right but that's nothing but guess work. He either joins or doesn't.

mu4c_20le

Some of you are taking this way too personal. It's just business, and money talks in the end, not ego

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Sancho isn't going to hand in a transfer request, the German media have already said he's happy and committed if a move to United doesn't materialise. Plus, why sign an extension last year until '23 if you're going to want out a year after it? This guy is just full of sh*t about this transfer, €60+60m when Dortmund have briefed their media all along they want €90m upfront and the rest in cash and installments, no add ons.
Bild announced imminent united bid expected of 70m plus 30 plus 20 AFTER that tweet. Same with Romano saying 108m bid nearing completion. They all got fed that from somewhere. An educated guess would be the intermediaries thought they had a deal and then it turned out they didn’t.

We’ll see what happens now. If Sancho does indeed hand in a transfer request we’ll know he isn’t talking bollocks won’t we?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Shocks me how many actually take Zorcs statement as the deal is off as he wont 180 on his comments... even after people have posted his comments on both Dembele and Aubamayang!

Until we get a brief from United that the deal is off and we've moved on, you can be 100% sure that negotiations will still be ongoing. This statement was always going to come today after the 'deadline but in truth the only deadline that matters is the transfer deadline date.

Status
Not open for further replies.