Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Thats not the point I'm making. Journo's can make up whatever they want, then when it turns out to be bull, they can blame it on Woodward whether its true or not. And Daniel Harris' tweet doesn't seem a likely scenario at all. If the deal was anywhere near as close as he's implying, Woodward (again weird as Judge does the negotiations and its been stated a few places we've been using intermediaries rather than direct contact) wouldn't have had room to blunder in and try to lower the price.
Of course he could interject. He’s still the one that signs off any negotiation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The mental capacity of that post is lacking as buying clubs look at past deals to guage how much they should pay, especially those that did not work out.

Sancho is hardly an international at 8 or 9 caps so again 100mil is far too much for him, great talent yes but we should not overpay.

Funny tagging like that when you are on the same redcafe peddling your views but open your mind mate and understand if the eventual transfer fee was only down to the selling club then Sancho would have to be the only RW in the world and our club's finance department full of negotiation novices like yourself.
We overpaid for AWB and Maguire. Sometimes it's fine to overpay.

Womp

idiot
We overpaid for AWB and Maguire. Sometimes it's fine to overpay.
Probably chose the wrong transfer to suddenly start making a stand on. :lol: It's a shame really, I genuinely think Sancho would have been a very large step towards us getting back to where we belong.

MattofManchester

The fact that people said Traore and Zaha as potential alternatives is insanely depressing in itself.

More midtable players. Yay.

AgentSquirrel

Of course he could interject. He’s still the one that signs off any negotiation.
How would he have room to interject on something that had been more or less agreed (as Harris is claiming)? And what would be the logic from his perspective? According to Harris it's about the structure of a 60 million Euro payment after the initial 60 mill so why bother interjecting at the last minute? It makes no sense, except from the perspective of someone trying to cover up that they were premature with their transfer claims.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I would disagree that Sancho is an appreciating asset if we pay €120m for him as it's unlikely that we would sell him for more than that in the future. This is the same kind of group think that made us sign Sanchez on a looney contract.
This is fair comment. But the main difference between Sancho and Sanchez is that Sancho won't depreciate due to age for another ten years, as Sanchez was already doing (which is why he came on a free - sort of.) Yes he's over-priced and a bad bit of business off the field, but we could expect to get most of it back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That precedent does not matter as those transfers have not got to plan due to injuries or lack of form and Corona is a factor. In any case both of those players were national team regulars before they made their moves so 70mil is fair for Sancho with or without players included.
The mental capacity of that post is lacking as buying clubs look at past deals to guage how much they should pay, especially those that did not work out.

Sancho is hardly an international at 8 or 9 caps so again 100mil is far too much for him, great talent yes but we should not overpay.

Funny tagging like that when you are on the same redcafe peddling your views but open your mind mate and understand if the eventual transfer fee was only down to the selling club then Sancho would have to be the only RW in the world and our club's finance department full of negotiation novices like yourself.
Dembele who played 7 times and Felix who played 1 game for their national teams before transfers means they were national team regulars. Sancho was played 8 or 9 games is hardly an international :lol:

Last edited:

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He wasn't going to come until Raiola started kicking chairs at people. Same with Dembele when he said they were staying. Auba pushed through a move too iirc. Do you genuinely see Sancho doing that? He doesn't seem to be too bothered sticking around a little longer.
That is what I don´t get about these comparisions. For Dortmund´s officials to backtrack on their comments, there had always been the need of a narrative change to explain it. In all three cited cases the narrative shift was always the player directly or via agents blatantly and agressively forcing a move. Sancho could do this aswell and from where I stand he needs to this for a transfer to happen this Summer after Zorcs clear declarations today.

Dortmund went to great lengths to lower the chances of that happening, though. When I saw how upfront and transparent they were with their demands (which is in stark contrast to their usual transfer dealings) I already had the strong assumption which with the added news of his real contract length has become pretty much a certainty for me: the existence of a gentlement agreement between Sancho and Dortmund. A set of terms under which Sancho was allowed to return to the EPL. An unofficial release clause basically. For this Summer it was 120 Mil. € with the expire date of the start of the proper pre season. That is why the figure floated around so early and never changed in one direction or the other. In making their demands that publically and enter negotiations about payment models and terms they held their end of the bargain. Now they will see if Sancho follows suit.

amolbhatia50k

Probably chose the wrong transfer to suddenly start making a stand on. :lol: It's a shame really, I genuinely think Sancho would have been a very large step towards us getting back to where we belong.
May not be done yet. Let's see if Dortmund continue to negotiate or actually back up these strong words. Most selling clubs plan to keep players wanted by other clubs but end up selling anyway. But yeah, pointless having stringent morals when it comes to top class players. Get them in and become a better team

Offsideagain

How can they ‘adjust’ a contract without the player or his agent knowing about it? It’s all bollocks and the club should walk away or look a bunch of saps if they carry on negotiating. I suspect Mr.Sancho may have something to say about it as he has been vocal about moving.

El Zoido

Conspiracy time: there is no year extension for Sancho, this is all a coordinated play to make it more palatable for us to pay full whack for him. Both United and Dortmund are working together to “sell” this transfer, in Covid times, but in reality it’s been agreed for weeks.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A new method for torture : Jan and Zorc sitting beside a prisoner in the same room. Jan talking to the prisoner's left ear and Zorc to the right one. Imagine the amount of shit that come out of the two. Enough to make anyone go mental.

amolbhatia50k

That is what I don´t get about these comparisions. For Dortmund´s officials to backtrack on their comments, there had always been the need of a narrative change to explain it. In all three cited cases the narrative shift was always the player directly or via agents blatantly and agressively forcing a move. Sancho could do this aswell and from where I stand he needs to this for a transfer to happen this Summer after Zorcs clear declarations today.

Dortmund went to great lengths to lower the chances of that happening, though. When I saw how upfront and transparent they were with their demands (which is in stark contrast to their usual transfer dealings) I already had the strong assumption which with the added news of his real contract length has become pretty much a certainty for me: the existence of a gentlement agreement between Sancho and Dortmund. A set of terms under which Sancho was allowed to return to the EPL. An unofficial release clause basically. For this Summer it was 120 Mil. € with the expire date of the start of the proper pre season. That is why the figure floated around so early and never changed in one direction or the other. In making their demands that publically and enter negotiations about payment models and terms they held their end of the bargain. Now they will see if Sancho follows suit.
Well, if we up our bid, it changes the narrative. No club is daft enough to accept something they deem acceptable on a Monday but not on a Wednesday.

zizou81

Having seen my fair share of negotiations between Germans and English, this statement by Borussia Dortmunds director does not surprise me.

The English tend to take too much time during discussions and dont stick with deadlines. Too much internal negotiations and going back and forth on positions. Its like every statement and move has to be psychoanalysed(E.g. brexit). It is inefficient and Dortmund as a well-run football club is not going to wait for united.

They dont need the money. They are a selling club, yes, but also a club that can compete to win trophies and sancho can help them do that next season. Without him they will be significantly weaker. So from a Dortmund perspective, they need time to find a suitable replacement.

Having said that, 100M quid will surely help find a replacement by 5 October.

And, although I used Brexit as an example, a withdrawal deal was reached eventhough it was past the original deadline imposed. So anything can happen.

TheLord

Let's get the facts straight.
  1. Ed is a headless thicko who didn't even bother knowing the contract details of a player he and his team chased for at least one month. The only thing he can do well is to find sponsorship deals for the club. He is clueless about football-related matters.
  2. Sancho has said nothing in this entire saga with any seriousness. The media kept feeding all of us a lot of bullshit.
  3. Seemingly, Havertz isn't being sold for anything less than 90m, despite the player wanting to leave the club. If rumours can be believed, he has even put up a formal transfer request. Sancho is a better-quality player with a higher ceiling. He is much more marketable in the English Premier League. He hasn't publicly stated anything about wanting to leave Dortmund. He is a year younger than Havertz. Why should he not be worth 120m?
  4. If Sancho has another stellar season in Germany, I don't think we can afford him next season. It will be one of the big two oil clubs, or maybe, Madrid. So the Cafe can keep dreaming like we do best!
  5. I am sure Ed doesn't have a backup plan. Headless thicko. We will run around a few other players for the next month or two and finally end up signing someone mediocre, or just about okay, for a hefty sum. That is so typical.

Rolaholic

How can they ‘adjust’ a contract without the player or his agent knowing about it? It’s all bollocks and the club should walk away or look a bunch of saps if they carry on negotiating. I suspect Mr.Sancho may have something to say about it as he has been vocal about moving.
Would you rather have Ed/Judge look like saps while having potentially one of the most dangerous forward lines in Europe or have them looking tough and principled while being an injury away from Dan James and Lingard/Pereira playing serious minutes again?

Gazza

1. Ed is a headless thicko who didn't even bother knowing the contract details of a player he and his team chased for at least one month. The only thing he can do well is to find sponsorship deals for the club. He is clueless about football-related matters.
  2. Sancho has said nothing in this entire saga with any seriousness. The media kept feeding all of us a lot of bullshit.
  3. Seemingly, Havertz isn't being sold for anything less than 90m, despite the player wanting to leave the club. If rumours can be believed, he has even put up a formal transfer request. Sancho is a better-quality player with a higher ceiling. He is much more marketable in the English Premier League. He hasn't publicly stated anything about wanting to leave Dortmund. He is a year younger than Havertz. Why should he not be worth 120m?
  4. If Sancho has another stellar season in Germany, I don't think we can afford him next season. It will be one of the big two oil clubs, or maybe, Madrid. So the Cafe can keep dreaming like we do best!
  5. I am sure Ed doesn't have a backup plan. Headless thicko. We will run around a few other players for the next month or two and finally end up signing someone mediocre, or just about okay, for a hefty sum. That is so typical.
"Let's get the facts straight"
Goes on to post speculation, conjecture and opinion but in bullet-point format.

Jam

Don't think he ever said the installments were agreed
Yeah, I remember reading “the general structure of £60m up front, and £60m in instalments has been agreed but still negotiating the specifics of how those instalments work”.

I mean, it’s probably all tosh regardless but y’know.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Its obvious they're not ITKs. They just are in a position of being able to speak to agents and repeat what they've been told.
That is the definition of being ITK in this context. Information coming from sources involved in the deal

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

What makes you think that Sancho didn't know about it?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Point 5...:lol:

VanGaalEra

1. Pity anyone who thinks United didn't know the length of his contract.
2. How often do players say something during transfer sagas?
3. Agreed.
4. How do you know anyone else can afford him next summer?
5. Headless thicko.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
This must be one of the dumbest posts I read on the Caf. Congratulations.

NJM78

We are getting him this summer or never in my opinion, no way we win a transfer race with other better teams next summer.

I'm half expecting an announcement of Lingard staying as a cherry on top.

Hopefully we have other options because our right side is desperate. Greenwood is not a wide player.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What makes you think Sancho, his agent and United didn't already know about it?

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Have a cup of tea and calm down mate x

Status
Not open for further replies.