Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

If he has a contract for another three years (as has emerged today), then that changes the negotiating position substantially and places Dortmund in the driving seat - they are well within their rights to demand the full €120m and there is really no risk in them doing so, since the player will hold his value for another year.

It's not dead, but we seem unwilling or unable to pay the fee required, so things do look somewhat bleak.

My guess is that United will revisit this in September/October, when the picture will be clearer regarding COVID-19 and the possibility (or lack thereof) of crowds returning to stadiums.
Terrible development for us, very bad :(
If so, we need to switch to other targets - and they are obviously in other positions, no need to buy another Dan James level of stopgap RF.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
Guys, i dont wanna be a bad news reporter.
I am a Dortmund fan since 97, every day reading news bout them from every media and i never, i mean never ever read that Sancho wants to leave, that he is unhappy or anything like that, to be honest there were articles where he speaks that he is very happy in Dortmund, playing in front of so many fans bla bla, but never.. Never have i read that he wants to leave or that he is in depression, wanta desperately to go bacl to Eng or whatever..
When this happens, it will be in every media, it will be a bomb just like Dembele did..
So i am reading your comments and i am confused, where do you get that stuff that he wants to go back, he unhappy?
Yeah, very unhappy with 10M on his bank account every year as a 20...

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Literally the only thing that changes after this bombshell of a presser from Zorc about the contract extension is that it takes away one of our bargaining chips off the table.
I'm pretty certain United would have known about that, so it wouldn't have been much of an issue to them that it's now in the open.

Superunknown

Would be too late. Dortmund need sufficient time to reinvest that money, for sporting and financial reasons. It'll happen either within this month or it won't at all.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. There's no way they'll accept a midnight hour offer, even if we agree to pay the full cost. I can't see this rumbling on until September and I expect that maybe we'll make a few more offers/suggestions before we decide to move on to other targets.

I'm on the fence with this one. Dortmund will obviously come and say things in a bid to appear strong, but it all hinges on how they want us to pay this deal and how much of it is upfront. My gut feeling is that we won't want to pay such a high cost in a large chunk all at once...which leads me to believe that this won't happen. None of us know really.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Literally the only thing that changes after this bombshell of a presser from Zorc about the contract extension is that it takes away one of our bargaining chips off the table.
Doesn't it completely negate the "we'll double Sancho's money and make him stay" claims that we'd heard over the weekend?

laughtersassassin

I find it hilarious that so many of our fans always have a million reasons to not want a top player but then a fe weeks into the season will be wondering and complaining that we suck.

It's sinple we need players as good as Sancho to compete. That is why Ole wants him. This guy is ridiculously good and different to everything we have got.

You realise eventually we got to try close the gap right. Now is the best time to do that. By next season our momentum could be shot or a million other things.

Just go back to coming second with Jose. We only bought Fred for the first team. Do that again and we won't make top 4. It's not some given just cause we got it once.

Ole wants Sancho and has for 2 years. Get it done. That way we can have a season where no one has an excuse would that be great?

Last thing I want to here at Christmas is that Ole didn't get his targets in The summer so can't be expected to do X Y or Z.

Because the above is what we have said for every season post Fergie. Time to have a season where we don't have excuses going into the fecking thing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Borussia wants 120M and they won't bulge from that. We should either cough the money out or else we move to an alternative target. United need to man up and Ole needs to widen his scouting net as we can't build a squad made mostly of known British talent. I hope we're not blowing all our budget on Sancho as there's 3-4 positions that needs to be strengthened.

Stretch

Jadon Sancho to stay at Borussia Dortmund, sporting director says 'decision is final'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53721186
BBC Sport's Simon Stone

It will be interesting to see what happens now.

I mentioned to someone at Dortmund just now that there is a feeling around United that the Bundesliga side have to sell Sancho for financial reasons.

The answer was fairly quick in coming back - "they will see".

The news about Sancho's contract running to 2023 underlines why Dortmund have been sticking to their guns when it came to that £100m fee, which United believe to be unrealistic.

United have been threatening to look at alternative targets. Now we might find out if they have any.

Today was an artificial deadline - the real one is on 5 October - but the positions do appear entrenched.

And the ball is currently in United's court.
Wonder what Stone means by this? United quick in coming back or that Dortmund were quick in coming back (this current one)?

RashyForPM

I'm not saying that we shouldn't strengthen the position or that he is not an exceptional player.I'm saying that no one in the football world should playing pity games with our club ever again and dissrespecting us and taking us for granted.
I agree, but there must always be exceptions to the rule. Meeting Shakhtar and Leicester’s valuation after months of haggling was stupid, and something we should not have done (Maguire’s good, but not £80M good). However, just like smartly meeting Palace’s £60M price tag for AWB, this is different. Sancho, as you say, is exceptional, and will sort our front 5 for the foreseeable.

Dortmund may be disrespecting us with their immovable price tag and constant degrading pressers, but I’d personally allow it this time. Sancho is already one of the best wingers in the world at 21.

Tony247

Everyone expected this. Hasn't been much if a meltdown. He says that about every Dortmund player. Means nothing. He might stay he might go but that presser means nothing.
I was being little sarcastic. He was 30 pages late to post the news here.

TsuWave

Wonder what Stone means by this? United quick in coming back or that Dortmund were quick in coming back (this current one)?
I think he means Dortmund said “they (United) will see (that Dortmund doesn’t need to sell Sancho)”

That’s how I interpreted it.

Infestissumam

it means that while United believe that Dortmund has to sell Sancho for financial reasons, Stones source at Dortmund says that is not true.

Womp

idiot
Think it suggests that Dortmund will illustrate that they don't need the sale for financial reasons. That is quite a positive article though. I'm still worried we won't pay what is required, I just don't think we have the funds this summer.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yeah, I have to agree with this. There's no way they'll accept a midnight hour offer, even if we agree to pay the full cost. I can't see this rumbling on until September and I expect that maybe we'll make a few more offers/suggestions before we decide to move on to other targets.

I'm on the fence with this one. Dortmund will obviously come and say things in a bid to appear strong, but it all hinges on how they want us to pay this deal and how much of it is upfront. My gut feeling is that we won't want to pay such a high cost in a large chunk all at once...which leads me to believe that this won't happen. None of us know really.
The last part is really all any of us need to come to terms with.

Imagine this was a 100 million dollar real estate deal for instance. Unless you re building a skyscraper or a larger multi building development that by all accounts is a massive investment. Now think about how many steps that has to go through and how many people are involved in such a deal. Anything from financial to regulatory and legislative review needs to occur. The parties need to agree on a lot of different things. It's not something you do overnight and it's not something that gets decided in the press (alone). It's not something that gets decided by just one person throwing objections. It's not something you can simplify to a simple yes or no question and answer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His contact at Dortmund was quick in responding. We seem to have underestimated Dortmunds willingness give in. Ed needs to up the offer

Traub

I think it just means that they don’t have to sell for financial reasons, so they’ll be sticking to their guns.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Think the club will move on. Germans are not one for mincing their words. They put a deadline for the 10th and now they seem to be done.
Haha. Sorry. I must have confused you with that last post. Thought I was replying to Duffer! Regardless your point still stands.

MartinRed

What the hell is this?

Its called business man, it's not personal.
Oh, so you are going to take a cut from the deal or you are not United supporter otherwise I don't see point in your comment except you are trying to look smart.

RUCK4444

Can you point out the tweet where Romano referenced Sancho contract at Dortmund?

Also this is hilarious, you have 2 examples where Zorc outright lied about his own players, and you are still backing him over Romano on the crux or this transfer. Zorc isn't going to say anything close to the truth re. Selling sancho. Dortmund previously denied all negotiations and now Zorc has refused to comment on them, giving away that they've taken place (as reported by Romano).
Wow. Just wow. This planned out exactly how I called it with you earlier this morning, that must sting I know.

Your commitment runs deep with this fella. This must be hard for you.

If he didn’t know about Jadons contract situation it’s a blow to his credibility in this transfer, he clearly didnt, other posters have pointed this out as well. If he did know he would have certainly wanted to be the first journo to break that, seemingly unknown, information.

He’s towed the same line with his other clueless peers that we are simply nothing more than ‘in negotiations’, as vague as it gets, confirmed by nothing more than the clubs involved to any fool on the outside looking in.

It’s hard I know, if it helps I believed in him once

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Have they?

From what I've seen a lot of them, especially here, seem to see this for what it is, a show of strength from Dortmund. Reports are still being made of us remaining in negotiations and working on a deal.

This was always going to happen, they'd made a big deal over this 10th August deadline and it wasn't going to pass without them saying he's staying
I’m not really saying they’ve manufactured stories for a narrative I also mean Dortmund are sending out noises as you say.

laughtersassassin

To me I just don't see how Ed can feck over Ole like this after Ole got 3rd. He did his part and well we knew the price for Sancho .

Which is a reasonable one when you consider his insane numbers .

Tony247

120m cash (upfront or installments) without adds-on is a huge sum. Usually 150m+ deal should have that kind of guaranteed money. At the end one needs to sit down and think if it is worth to pay that much in current global crisis situation.

That said, I would be very happy if we fork out the money and bring Sancho here. But I will understand the club's position if things don't go well and we don't sign.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Just pay the god damn fee for fecks sake. Who gives a feck about €20 mill these days? We write small sums off like this just to piss players away, yet when its concerning a transfer the whole world would know is a reasonable fee the club starts fecking bulking. It's not going to ruin the club financially and we have plenty of other talent to sell/make use of in positions we would prefer to improve in, but in this instance... Sancho > Squad Depth.

mu4c_20le

Oct 5 is a woody brief imo, its basically "come deal with us or we'll make you uncomfortable by taking this to the end of the window"

Status
Not open for further replies.