Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

Personally I am growing more and more on the idea of Traore, maybe 50m plus Dalot would do the trick...
Then what happens next summer, when Sancho is available again? Let him go to Chelsea because we already have Traore? If we don’t sign Sancho this window we should wait and try again next time.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm starting to think this entire transfer saga has turned sour a long time ago and we are fighting for scraps behind the scenes.
We really are muppets when it comes to signings and I say that as a club.
Every deal feels like del boy at the car booty.
Lots of people saying BVB don't have to or dont want to sell Sancho. And yet Woodward is prepared to take this to the wire to get the best deal. That implies that he knows from his sources that BVB must sell this summer, so just a case of waiting it out to get a deal he can afford.

Rajat Jain

We need something definitive to shut this door for now, like the links to Bale are permanently going to be closed tomorrow, so we can move on, like Sancho actually comes out and says he's staying atleast another year....

Personally I am growing more and more on the idea of Traore, maybe 50m plus Dalot would do the trick...
Yeah this actually would make sense and get a LB in to cover and Brandon can cover the right side.
Lots of people saying BVB don't have to or dont want to sell Sancho. And yet Woodward is prepared to take this to the wire to get the best deal. That implies that he knows from his sources that BVB must sell this summer, so just a case of waiting it out to get a deal he can afford.
There there, you will reach to an acceptance level in sometime. Admire your optimism though.

Godfather

Then what happens next summer, when Sancho is available again? Let him go to Chelsea because we already have Traore? If we don’t sign Sancho this window we should wait and try again next time.
Absolutely no guarantee he'd join next season. With the squad at hand we will struggle to get top 4. CL football was important to him though if reports are believed.

Rolaholic

Funny thing is the Glazers/Woodward probably feel under no pressure now as there's no fans inside OT.

They can do what they want and it'll get swept under the carpet.
Incoming 'DOF search' briefs coming in 3...2...1

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
But he doesn't seem to be a guy who accepts no 2 or 3 on his list.
Ole wanted Graelish. He settled for VDB. He wanted Haaland, then J King only to have to settle with Ighalo. Also I doubt that Daniel James was his dream signing

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we can't afford him this summer then we definitely can't next year either. We are going to be making less money this year than ever, all profits are cut. If we don't qualify for the CL either then that's gone too.

It really is this year or bust tbh.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure which is close, ManUtd signing Sancho or as mentioned in the article " In a Thursday article they talk about Jadon Sancho being key as Dortmund look to fight for the Bundesliga title this season"

crossy1686

career ending
I still think the deal will happen if we can clear deadwood.

However, if it doesn’t, we better have some other targets ready to go otherwise it’s going to be a very toxic start to the season.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Let it go Muppets.
This was dead a month ago.
Its still dead now.
It wont be reincarnated this year.

Let it go. Be nice to yourselves

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is getting depressing by the hour but i am not getting down the Sancho train just yet. Choo choo
Technically we don't really have get off the train until Dortmund sells him. It's hardly as though he's commited to staying there for years. It's a question of when, not if, he leaves.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Let it go Muppets.
This was dead a month ago.
Its still dead now.
It wont be reincarnated this year.

Let it go. Be nice to yourselves
It's so fecking on. He's going to be a United player when the window closes. Just be patient.

LisburnWhite

If Dortmund are dependent on getting fans back in the stadiums it will certainly be a gamble as can only see more of this happening.
Time to put in an offer Woody.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If Dortmund are dependent on getting fans back in the stadiums it will certainly be a gamble as can only see more of this happening.
Time to put in an offer Woody.
This will affect Dortmund's financials a great deal. Certainly a big enough deal for them to re-evalaute their 2020 financial plans.

binary bot
Woody waiting on the Covid spike in Germany. Chess, checkers etc. The man is a genius.

Giggsy13

Why would I joke. Bruno had a price which we paid. Same with Sancho.
Dortmund are at a completely different level to Sporting. It’s incredibly naive to think they’d sanction the sale of Sancho mid-season when they’ll likely be challenging for the league and still in the champions league. Dortmund are an actual football club not like the farce we’ve become. If it doesn’t happen now then the odds of it happening in January are slim to none and only slightly better next summer where we’d likely face more competition.

Squeaky Bumtime

Dortmund are at a completely different level to Sporting. It’s incredibly naive to think they’d sanction the sale of Sancho mid-season when they’ll likely be challenging for the league and still in the champions league. Dortmund are an actual football club not like the farce we’ve become. If it doesn’t happen now then the odds of it happening in January are slim to none and only slightly better next summer where we’d likely face more competition.
Bayern will be about 20 points clear come January.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This will affect Dortmund's financials a great deal. Certainly a big enough deal for them to re-evalaute their 2020 financial plans.
Munich cancelling crowds for their next match will make Dortmund reevaluate a plan that was drafted when it wasn't clear whether fans would return at all?

starman

Can still get him, by than, Greenwood will be completing with Martial and we will know if James will be good enough or needs to be moved on

snowkarl

Can someone explain to me how we can even afford 120m on top of VdB this year? We're already going to struggle this year due to corona.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can someone explain to me how we can even afford 120m on top of VdB this year? We're already going to struggle this year due to corona.
It seems we can't.

And it would be funny if we are unable to sign Sancho due to VDB.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My only wish is for someone to make an excellent football promo from this, as a parody to Wrestlemania 17. Where its United V Dortmund rather than Rock v Austin. Deborah in the below Vid is like a prized Sancho :lol:

"The fact Is Dortmund, you got Sancho and we want him!"

Yeah I'm a bit bored.
Mate I'm desperate for this now :lol: :devil: Greatest promo of all time!

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Why would they do so? They bought the club to earn money, not to make goodwill gestures. I guess that they'll put money back only in case they think that money will increase the club's evaluation and profits.
Which is why any decent fan should be upset. They aren't football people. They don't care about success, prestige, the fans or anything but their own bottom line.

Running a football club as a business, should only be secondary. A football club should be about more than turning a profit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Probably banking on selling Smalling and about 4 others for a nice sum of around £60m to help fund it too.

Not brought in a single penny yet and it's the 17th September.

RUCK4444

My only wish is for someone to make an excellent football promo from this, as a parody to Wrestlemania 17. Where its United V Dortmund rather than Rock v Austin. Deborah in the below Vid is like a prized Sancho :lol:

"The fact Is Dortmund, you got Sancho and we want him!"

Yeah I'm a bit bored.
I stopped watching Wrestling a long time ago but that promo is class :lol: :drool:

ghagua

Like you said, it's now or never.
I really don't want to pay that fee either, but if a player improves your team and gets you closer to your goal, then you have to pay up. Dortmund have him under total control till 2023, so they don't have to bend to our will. He has to now pay up or forget about the player and move on.

All this shite that Ole was speaking has come to nothing really. Teams who kept their mouth shut, have on paper improved their team quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.