Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

I think we are all forgetting the most important thing. It isnt whether we sign Sancho or not, its that the glazer family get their yearly dividends out of the club (so far over £1billion has been paid to them).

UncleBob

I think we are all forgetting the most important thing. It isnt whether we sign Sancho or not, its that the glazer family get their yearly dividends out of the club (so far over £1billion has been paid to them).
Link?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s obviously a good player but Sarr can’t really be compared to Sancho at this stage. He doesn’t score or assist nearly as many so if you buy him you know you’re gambling on/waiting for that improvement.
Its a lot harder to score or make assists when you are playing for Watford battling relegation. Sometimes it’s hard to see how good some of these lads are because of their substandard team mates. He’s not nearly as good (or as expensive) as Sancho but he would be a better bench option for front three that what we currently have.

Falcow

This is a oft repeated point here and it has some validity. But the counter point is, without significantly strengthening our squad, we will likely be in a battle for top 4 and if we miss out on CL, the financial implications of that will be equally severe especially as we are not gonna be getting Matchday revenue for a year as well. To lose CL and quite a bit of sponsorship money isn't something that's gonna help our finances either.

Both points do make sense and at this point we are caught in between a rock and a hard place. Ultimately the blame has to be laid at the feet of the scouting and negotiating department, because we really ought to have lined up better alternatives than the likes of Perisic and Costa.
Yeah that's a fair point (speculate to accumulate as they say) and I very much agree on the alternatives, Perisic would be ideal for a year.

dinostar77

A quick google. As a newbie i cant post url links. therepublikofmancunia.com/shocking-figures-show-how-much-the-glazers-have-taken-from-united/

The Swiss Ramble (the Messi of football finance) has done work on it last year. Its often mentioned by journos talking about utd.

UncleBob

A quick google. As a newbie i cant post url links. therepublikofmancunia.com/shocking-figures-show-how-much-the-glazers-have-taken-from-united/

The Swiss Ramble (the Messi of football finance) has done work on it last year. Its often mentioned by journos talking about utd.
There's a bit of a difference beween how much they have cost the club and how much we've paid them in dividends.....

Suvvernmanc

Only 17 more pages until a caf record is broken. I'm starting to wonder if its announced just before that 1092nd page. Just to F with us..

No not really. Sancho is obviously not going to happen.

Chief123

Well, except for agreeing with Sepp Blatter who compared your club to modern day slave owner...
What on Earth are you on about mate?

Some of you Dortmund fans have got a serious chip on your shoulders. Relax. 2nd place is in the bag mate.

Jaxa

Sancho defo seems to still be on, however these is absolutely no way Dortmund will lower their asking price especially by anything significant so the question is, what is the actual aim here, to try and save what .. 5m euros ? Is all this circus really worth that, i know 5m seems a lot to the normal working guy but when you are talking about a 100m+ transfer it's peanuts,

Get rid of Jones and there's your 5m in salary, shift Mata on and there's your 10m or so in salary, for Ed being a previous banker he seems to be sh*te with money and logic.

bsCallout

Its a lot harder to score or make assists when you are playing for Watford battling relegation. Sometimes it’s hard to see how good some of these lads are because of their substandard team mates. He’s not nearly as good (or as expensive) as Sancho but he would be a better bench option for front three that what we currently have.
We dont want a bench option.

Sarr is nowhere near good enough. He had the same goals/assists total as James.

HowYouDoin

I know this is an unpopular opinion around here but I really think if we dont get Sancho it could be a blessing in disguise. Thats how much confidence I have in Greenwood. He scored more non penalty goals than Rashford last year despite not playing many games or not playing much and he only seemed to have physically developed after the lockdown..

I expect him to get even better this season and really breakout and emerge as an actual star. Not just a promising player but a star.
Also realistic to expect Martial and Rashford to improve themselves and all in all that will be one of the best frontlines in the world.
I just feel we will have enough quality in forward positions, star quality. They can score what like 50-60 PL goals between 3 of them.

What I am saying I dont want Sancho or bust mentality. There are other ways to strengthen the team shore up if you will and that requires adding 2 or 3 more players to add depth to the team and it shouldnt cost us more than say 50 mil yet it could go a long way. For example Telles and Perisic would do exactly that assuming we also play Smalling. Thats a much deeper team than what we had last year.
Then if Mason really becomes a star we think twice next year if we really need Sancho.
Is he really class above Mason, Rashford and Martial?

HackeyC

The club has generated c. £5bn of revenue in that time and have been returning a profit. Unless it is a pet project, business people are within their rights to expect a return on their investment.

Chief123

I agree that Sarr is not a bad option to have as an alternative although I also agree he is a big step down from Sancho at this moment in time.

The biggest problem is that by signing a Right winger of significant value, we are potentially ruling out any transfer for Sancho at all in the future. If we buy a right winger for £40m+ then you can’t really go for Sancho next summer unless you sell the guy you’ve brought in. It’s the main reason that loan deals are being touted around.

If we do end up signing Sarr (which I don’t think we will), that would be the end of the Sancho journey.

Rajat Jain

Ole's also a muppet like us tbh. He also has no info on any ingoings or outgoings.
Was afraid he would say the "we'll develop what we have line".

Chief123

Although I hate our ownership, they’ve certainly not taken £1 billion out for themselves. That’s more than the club value when they bought us. I think your probably referring to the £950m spent on financing.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Ole's also a muppet like us tbh. He also has no info on any ingoings or outgoings.
Was afraid he would say the "we'll develop what we have line".
He pretty much did. I don't think his comments change much. It's still on, just up to Woodward & Clowns not to mess it up.

Chief123

Is he really class above Mason, Rashford and Martial?
Although it’s hard to say with full conviction as he hasn’t been tested in the Prem yet, but for me Sancho is, yes. In my opinion he would be the best player in our squad.

Rajat Jain

Although it’s hard to say with full conviction as he hasn’t been tested in the Prem yet, but for me Sancho is, yes. In my opinion he would be the best player in our squad.
I really admire how Martial plays and he doesn't get enough credit from our fanbase. If there is supply that guy scores and reminds me so much of the Brazilian ronaldo the way he plays.
Mason and Martial definitely lie close in talent to Sancho, I just don't have much confidence in Rashford's ability, he should be more of a coming from the bench to make an impact player. He is who we need to replace Sancho with on the left.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I agree that Sarr is not a bad option to have as an alternative although I also agree he is a big step down from Sancho at this moment in time.

The biggest problem is that by signing a Right winger of significant value, we are potentially ruling out any transfer for Sancho at all in the future. If we buy a right winger for £40m+ then you can’t really go for Sancho next summer unless you sell the guy you’ve brought in. It’s the main reason that loan deals are being touted around.

If we do end up signing Sarr (which I don’t think we will), that would be the end of the Sancho journey.
That’s an interesting point and you are probably correct. However, if we don’t get Sancho now I’m not sure we’ll ever get him to be honest.

Rajat Jain

He pretty much did. I don't think his comments change much. It's still on, just up to Woodward & Clowns not to mess it up.
I lost my confidence way back that there is much chance of this happening, but deeply admire you guys for keeping the flame alive.
Hope you guys turn out to be right in the end.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But that's going off his Dortmund form which can't be compared really. He looks incredible for them without question. Playing for England he's never stood out as much for me. In fact in the games I have seen Rashford n Sancho play for England alone I think Rashford has been slightly more impressive of the two overall.

HowYouDoin

Well if thats the case if thats how much you rate him then makes sense that you would pay whatever it takes for him. I get that.
Personally I think Mason this season will be our best forward better than both Martial and Rashford and I know thats a bit of a bold prediction now.
As for Rashford and Martial vs Sancho yes Sancho is better than both just dont think its by a mile.

The case that I would make is that we have enough quality.
For example Mbappe Neymar and Di Maria thats individually and on paper better than Lewandowski Coman Gnabry, perhaps a lot better but both teams have enough quality there that it doesnt make hell of a difference. I would sort of argue quite simply that we will have enough quality in those forward positions too just need more depth.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I lost my confidence way back that there is much chance of this happening, but deeply admire you guys for keeping the flame alive.
Hope you guys turn out to be right in the end.
I understand. This game isn't for everyone. Can't wait to see him play for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole had the chance to kill it dead, instead he added more fire.

Bwuk

Still don't think it'll happen, and if it does it's ridiculous we've let it drag this long.

We've known all along the fee it'd take. It's either within our budget or not.

SATA

What did Ole say on Sancho to exactly increase your optimism, lads? He didn't deny we are in talks but we all knew that already, don't we?

patty123

What on Earth are you on about mate?

Some of you Dortmund fans have got a serious chip on your shoulders. Relax. 2nd place is in the bag mate.
Most likely the following.

In an utterance as remarkable as any he has issued this summer, Cristiano Ronaldo declared last night that he agreed with the Fifa president Sepp Blatter's assertion that Manchester United should stop treating him like a "modern-day slave" and release him to Real Madrid.

"I agree with the statements of the president, he is right," Ronaldo said and, pressed on where he would spend next season, he reiterated the point. "You know what I said, what I want and what I would like. Let's see. I agree completely with the president of Fifa. Now I have to wait and see, but I do not know where I will begin the season."

Status
Not open for further replies.