Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posh Red

He said they don't have transfer requests. Which I guess mean an actual system of a document you can turn in to help force a transfer. Pretty sure you can still "hand in a transfer request" by saying you would want to go, and possibly at the same time say you are willing to forfeit certain things owed from your contract to make it happen.

As for loyalty bonus, pretty sure he recently got a bonus for staying for 12 months from his last contract was signed plus 10 England caps.
Yeah I was referring more to the ‘putting in a transfer request forgoes any loyalty bonus’ line of thinking

red4ever 79

I like Dortmund's stance here it makes sense. They're happy to keep him for another year and know they'll get a good price next year anyway - with still two years left on his deal. But also they know Jadon wants the move so they've set a price and they're sticking to it - it's a very fair approach.

The only variable that could throw a spanner in the works for them is if Sancho agitates for a move.
Dortmund should up the price two million each day whilst Ed is scratching his ass

Matriac

Even Villa are trolling us! :lol:

It's a pretty commonly used expression to be fair :lol:

Dortmund were definitely taking the piss out of us but it's been quite normal for other club accounts using it before and after this saga
Nah mate, every vague football tweet is totally a dig at us.

It's just like when my ex is tweeting that "I miss him" I know it's about me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah I was referring more to the ‘putting in a transfer request forgoes any loyalty bonus’ line of thinking
Yeah, that is bullcrap. Clubs and agents like to let people believe this but no agent would allow his client to agree to such a clause. No fecking way

Matriac

Doubt most contracts have this kind of trigger any way. https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/how-transfer-requests-work-football
Big players probably negotiate a % of future sales fee. In a normal sale the player/agency would get that money. If the player tells the club they want to leave, the club can say, "OK, but only if you forfeit your % of the fee since it's not up to our full asking price", then the player can consider if they really wanna go or stay to get that fee in a transfer later. Maybe the new salary and other brand deals can make up for what that fee would be, plus you really wanting to move now.

Kuba

Wait a minute, you're embarrassed by a club not wanting to spend €120m before August 10th during a pandemic? I think you need to reevaluate what embarrasses you.

There are many reasons, the reality is that we don't know, but I'll give you a few anyway.

Dortmund keep moving the goalposts. August 10th was the deadline yet they're telling people he's still for sale at €120m. Does that change to €120m upfront with more add-ons if we turn up with that amount in cash on day one? What leads you to believe that Dortmund will keep their word at this point?

What do you think would happen if we had offered €120m on the first day of the window and Dortmund rejected? What happens then? We go from club to club asking about Dembele, Costa, Coman and Sarr, while all these clubs know for a fact we were about to pay €120m for a player. How do you think those negotiations would go?

"Hi there, it's Ed. The pandemic has hit us hard, we've only got £40m to spend on your player". Yeah, course you have Ed...

No one is selling their good players the first week of the window, but after a few league games, you've got players who want to play more and are now agitating for a move because they've not been picked for the opening fixtures.

We've also got a load of players we have to shift off the books.

There are your reasons.
So we waited till The last week and then we gonna bid 120 ? If BvB refuse to sell and we bid 40 for those players you mentioned their clubs magically won't know be tried paying 120 for other player ? Give me a break. Not only they will know that but also that we are desperate and don't have much time to find other players. Plus they won't have much time to find replacement themself and those clubs will also know they just sold for United for nice money... so we are going to overspend again or do not get anyone.

Genius strategy.

Posh Red

Doubt most contracts have this kind of trigger any way. https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/how-transfer-requests-work-football
Big players probably negotiate a % of future sales fee. In a normal sale the player/agency would get that money. If the player tells the club they want to leave, the club can say, "OK, but only if you forfeit your % of the fee since it's not up to our full asking price", then the player can consider if they really wanna go or stay to get that fee in a transfer later. Maybe the new salary and other brand deals can make up for what that fee would be, plus you really wanting to move now.
Interesting. Thanks for the reply

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There is absolutely no way we’re paying 120m up-front. And demanding that to be in their account no later than August 10th is crazy. I can see why we’ve tried to wait until the last week as that’s such a ridiculous demand that you’d think they’re bluffing but unless Sancho is actually willing to do what the others had to and go on strike then we need to move on now. Dembele and Jovic on loan seems fine to me. Maybe we could get a centre back then too.

spiriticon

We are not slapping 120m EUR cold hard cash on their table. They can bloody well have it like a mortgage repayment over 35 years.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Well he wouldn't just be wrong. He would be flat out lying. He is stood there on camera saying he has spoken with people at the club.
He said club officials laughed at him believing this could still happen. The Ruhr Nachrichten (most reliable source for Dortmund news) reported that United could offer even more than the initially demanded 120m and Dortmund would still reject the bid "categorically". Dortmund fans take news from that magazine almost more serious than statements of their own officials.

Lack the imagination at this point. Zorc and Watzke would be straight out trolling the BVB fans without any need to do so at this point in time if they actually did consider letting him go. Think that journalist depicts perfectly how different the perception of this saga is in both countries. He seems to be completely disillusioned by how strictly the transfer is ruled out by every BVB representative.

samolocix

Supports
United
There are 4 possibilities now :

- Utd buy Sancho for less than 120M : This is good. Woody and co, should be congratulated for bringing the price down, even if it took some time.

- Utd buy Sancho for 120M or above : Absolutely stupid. Why waste the whole summer when you could have bought him a long time ago, and let him integrate with the squad? The 3 points lost on the first game of the season could make or break the season at the end.
What difference does it make if we buy him for less then 120 or 120 full ? who cares how much do we pay ? Its not your money its glazers money so hopefully they pay really much them fuken leeches

dev1l

He said club officials laughed at him believing this could still happen. The Ruhr Nachrichten (most reliable source for Dortmund news) reported that United could offer even more than the initially demanded 120m and Dortmund would still reject the bid "categorically". Dortmund fans take news from that magazine almost more serious than statements of their own officials.

Lack the imagination at this point. Zorc and Watzke would be straight out trolling the BVB fans without any need to do so at this point in time if they actually did consider letting him go. Think that journalist depicts perfectly how different the perception of this saga is in both countries. He seems to be completely disillusioned by how strictly the transfer is ruled out by every BVB representative.
Things may change if Sancho asks to leave though

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Things may change if Sancho asks to leave though
Yes, but the window closes in five days. He'd have to set stadium on fire and tattoo the Schalke logo on his forehead to put enough pressure on the BVB.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

If Sancho pushes for a move then they'd let him go.

Dortmund have done it in the past, Aubamayang, Dembele, both players they said categorically won't be sold, and all offers will be rejected. Player pushed for the move, they left. Didn't Auba even publicly call out the club on twitter for their antics??

Not saying Sancho will push for a move, but I'd say his 'illness' is perfectly timed to coincide with a rejected bid

crossy1686

career ending
So we waited till The last week and then we gonna bid 120 ? If BvB refuse to sell and we bid 40 for those players you mentioned their clubs magically won't know be tried paying 120 for other player ? Give me a break. Not only they will know that but also that we are desperate and don't have much time to find other players. Plus they won't have much time to find replacement themself and those clubs will also know they just sold for United for nice money... so we are going to overspend again or do not get anyone.

Genius strategy.
Do you think agents have the opportunity to phone around and tell clubs what United have been offering in the last week of the window? They've all got players that want moves desperately. Players are looking to move and clubs have to sell this week, that wasn't always the case in August. Things change and we're coming into the last week with a lot of money ready to spend, it's a good situation to be in.

Loon

:lol:
I have this weird feeling Dortmund will stick to their principles this time. If they do, hope they get nothing like we're offering when he does leave.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have this weird feeling Dortmund will stick to their principles this time. If they do, hope they get nothing like we're offering when he does leave.
I too think they will. It's more their valuation than principals. But I see them refusing and us trying again in Jan/summer to get this done.

Abdullah7

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If Sancho pushes for a move then they'd let him go.

Dortmund have done it in the past, Aubamayang, Dembele, both players they said categorically won't be sold, and all offers will be rejected. Player pushed for the move, they left. Didn't Auba even publicly call out the club on twitter for their antics??

Not saying Sancho will push for a move, but I'd say his 'illness' is perfectly timed to coincide with a rejected bid
Why do you think those situations are comparable? And do you know for how much they sold Dembele, a less proven talent with lesser quality, IIRC less years on his contract without a British passport, hence no British tax? Who went on strike far earlier in the window?

Most likely, Sancho was only available because of a gentlemen's agreement. Dortmund felt obliged to enable him a departure. Now that they fulfilled their part of the deal, they're happy to keep him for another year.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I too think they will. It's more their valuation than principals. But I see them refusing and us trying again in Jan/summer to get this done.
The thing is, waiting could benefit United more. COVID could mess things up even worse to the point where United could get away with offering £70m and Dortmund would have to accept. On the other hand, things may improve and Sanchos value stays the same.

Realistically, I think Covid will affect things for quite a while to come and things are going to get worse for clubs before they get better

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Feck off BVB. Insane demand in the current climate. Stuff Sancho in your ass itself Zorc!
Why are you asking then to feck off? Sancho is their player. It's their prerogative to ask for whatever amount they want for him.

I'm not convinced we're signing him. Worse case scenario is, we try again next year but lose him to Liverpool because his contract is a year shorter than it is now, the Covid situation has depleted BVB's reserves and they have to sell him cheaper.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd watch it but I decided to look over the last few weeks of what the Muppetiers have put out, the bid for Sancho was expected around 19 times per ITK and there was a million different signings supposedly happening.

Genuinely the only source I trust is Di Marzio and Romano still

Withnail

Why are you asking then to feck off? Sancho is their player. It's their prerogative to ask for whatever amount they want for him.

I'm not convinced we're signing him. Worse case scenario is, we try again next year but lose him to Liverpool because his contract is a year shorter than it is now, the Covid situation has depleted BVB's reserves and they have to sell him cheaper.
All this talk of Liverpool is nonsense, I feel. There is no evidence they are likely to spend big in the future. The only time they spent big was when they had the Countinho money burning a hole in their pockets.

Withnail

I'd watch it but I decided to look over the last few weeks of what the Muppetiers have put out, the bid for Sancho was expected around 19 times per ITK and there was a million different signings supposedly happening.

Genuinely the only source I trust is Di Marzio and Romano still
Those lads are dubious AF as well.

Bristol_Red_87

This whole saga reminds me of "that" girl you pursued at school for years, convinced she was just playing hard to get but actually she was just enjoying watching you squirm.

And boy can Ed squirm.

Amerifan

This whole saga reminds me of "that" girl you pursued at school for years, convinced she was just playing hard to get but actually she was just enjoying watching you squirm.

And boy can Ed squirm.
Squirm? Business is business. At the end of the day the clubs make a deal, they don’t make a deal, no one is emotional about it.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
As I understand the situation with listed companies bids would have to be reported to the stock exchange. Until now there have been no such announcements. So all this hot air about bids being made is I suppose just from click merchants, and their flock of sheep.

UncleBob

As I understand the situation with listed companies bids would have to be reported to the stock exchange. Until now there have been no such announcements. So all this hot air about bids being made is I suppose just from click merchants, and their flock of sheep.
:lol:

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
Sancho is going to force the move, because his dream is not to play with Haaland, Reus and Co., but with Maguire, Lindelof and Co.

spiriticon

What difference does it make if we buy him for less then 120 or 120 full ? who cares how much do we pay ? Its not your money its glazers money so hopefully they pay really much them fuken leeches
I care because I don't want to see my club getting fleeced.

Status
Not open for further replies.