Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
As I understand the situation with listed companies bids would have to be reported to the stock exchange. Until now there have been no such announcements. So all this hot air about bids being made is I suppose just from click merchants, and their flock of sheep.
:confused: I don’t remember such stock markets reports before DVdB transfer?

georgipep

What difference does it make if we buy him for less then 120 or 120 full ? who cares how much do we pay ? Its not your money its glazers money so hopefully they pay really much them fuken leeches
Do you realize that one million pounds saved may mean 20 people keep their jobs (at 50k annual)? You may be a totally oblivious internet muppet who doesn't care how much anything costs but that kind of money may lead to lifechanging events for many normal people.

Amerifan

As I understand the situation with listed companies bids would have to be reported to the stock exchange. Until now there have been no such announcements. So all this hot air about bids being made is I suppose just from click merchants, and their flock of sheep.
As a US public company the acquisition of an asset (a player) will appear in the quarterly financials. No other announcement is required, though it’s good PR to announce major acquisitions.

Crustanoid

Do you realize that one million pounds saved may mean 20 people keep their jobs (at 50k annual)? You may be a totally oblivious internet muppet who doesn't care how much anything costs but that kind of money may lead to lifechanging events for many normal people.
This won’t happen if the Glazers don’t extort as much £ out of the club to line their pockets. In fact you could argue if the grasping cvnts didn’t run the club as an ATM for their greasy parasitic empire then more peoples livelihoods could potentially be supported because we would be more effective as a football team.

acnumber9

It won’t though. That same money could’ve been saved by not refusing to loan out Rojo in August last year before loaning him out in January instead.

georgipep

This won’t happen if the Glazers don’t extort as much £ out of the club to line their pockets. In fact you could argue if the grasping cvnts didn’t run the club as an ATM for their greasy parasitic empire then more peoples livelihoods could potentially be supported because we would be more effective as a football team.
Well, I don't like it as well but they do own it...Don't you think they should be able to do whatever they want with their property?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
As a US public company the acquisition of an asset (a player) will appear in the quarterly financials. No other announcement is required, though it’s good PR to announce major acquisitions.
:confused: I don’t remember such stock markets reports before DVdB transfer?
Fair enough. I was always under the impression it was obligatory for such deals to be announced as it reflects on share price movement.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Manchester United are relaxed about the deal and have been all summer....

So... Our endgame is a smokescreen with a constantly injured player who is having a hard time at barca but has publicly said he doesn’t want to come here. Sancho has to push for a move with 4 days left in the window and that’s what a 100 million pound deal supposedly hangs on? Thats some world class negotiating and planning right there. If I was sancho I’d be looking at these guys work and thinking you know what I hope a better run club come in for me next summer.

Could we not have just done this normally? Had a few bids rejected throughout the summer even.
The thing is, waiting could benefit United more. COVID could mess things up even worse to the point where United could get away with offering £70m and Dortmund would have to accept. On the other hand, things may improve and Sanchos value stays the same.

Realistically, I think Covid will affect things for quite a while to come and things are going to get worse for clubs before they get better
So they just hold onto him for a bit longer until the price inevitably rises again. The price isn’t going to fall for long with clubs like City and PSG around. We have very much played our own part in the inflation of transfer and agent fees and the bottom isn’t going to fall out while the tv and marketing money is so high

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Dont expect any movment on the transfer until tomorrow. Will detract from the games tonight and wont help anyone. One more sleep until Sancho day.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Our biggest hope

How this? I have the feeling Dortmund just want us to f*** off and concentrate on someone else. They do not need to sell Sancho. They have joined the ranks of the European top teams and made a lot of money with their sales, they probably are in a better situation than we are.
Exactly. Dortmund don't want to sell and the €120m is meant as a deterrent but if any club is foolish enough to pay that kind of money it's a ridiculous profit for Dortmund. Either way, it's a win-win situation for them.

Redcy

All this talk of Liverpool is nonsense, I feel. There is no evidence they are likely to spend big in the future. The only time they spent big was when they had the Countinho money burning a hole in their pockets.
Yeah it’s not like they have some eXpensive wingers they could sell next year to fund a move. Especially if they win the league.

MrSingh2002

Woodward and Matt Judge trying to haggle kills me everytime....

Imagine waiting 8 weeks of the window everytime only to be made to pay full whack anyway!

Might've been an idea this time to just pay the quoted £108m and have him training in August... but that wouldn't match what Ed's ebook on negotiation says.

This chump places too much belief in media briefings having an effect in doing deals. Need new people negotiating.

Matriac

Could we get it pinned somewhere in the transfer forum that we didn't pay the full sum wanted in any of the last transfer windows we were involved in?

Trophy Room

I don't think we are going to get anyone else in this window. Its a shame because there was a real opportunity to build on last season. I don't buy this bullshit about clubs playing hardball, we need to look at our ability to negotiate and close deals. I don't claim to be an expert on modern transfer dealings but Matt Judge and Ed Woodward haven't really covered themselves in glory. If Dortumund is truly holding out for 120 million upfront then that's ridiculous and we should have simply walked away a long time ago.

FreddieTheReddie

I found something, maybe nothing new. I think 10th August would have been the last day of the transfer window if the games wer played as initially scheduled. The transfer window is open for ten weeks after the last game. So what does it mean? Was it mentioned in that gentlemen’s agreement which may or may not be true? If it was, it must have meant the end of the transfer window, and BvB are either ignoring the fact that the window was moved or they are just playing mind games based on the original deadline. If it wasn’t mentioned in the agreement then the deadline is 5th October, or there was no agreement whatsoever.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If we fail to get Sancho or Dembele by Monday then we have 2 weeks where we can still sign Brooks or Sarr.

Imagine if Woodward ended up paying £50m on the domestic deadline day for Sarr when we’re over a month into the season. Would be even more shambolic than the Fellaini transfer.

Riz

If we fail to get Sancho or Dembele by Monday then we have 2 weeks where we can still sign Brooks or Sarr.

Imagine if Woodward ended up paying £50m on the domestic deadline day for Sarr when we’re over a month into the season. Would be even more shambolic than the Fellaini transfer.
I don’t think we’ll go for Sarr or any other direct alternative if we don’t sign Sancho. I think that money, which we clearly have, will be earmarked for another attempt next summer (very risky considering other suitors coming in and no guarantees we’ll still have CL football) but the club won’t give up on the signing all together especially considering he’ll be on the move sooner or later. Instead it would make sense to sign a short term option (Dembele on loan rumours make more sense) or alternatively a player who can cover more positions like Brooks.

rollingstoned1

I have a good feeling that Woodward and judge will end up having the last laugh and looking like bosses by the time the window shuts. The about face this place will do in that event will be quite something.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Woodward and Matt Judge trying to haggle kills me everytime....

Imagine waiting 8 weeks of the window everytime only to be made to pay full whack anyway!
When did this happen?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could we get it pinned somewhere in the transfer forum that we didn't pay the full sum wanted in any of the last transfer windows we were involved in?
How much do you think palace wanted for Wan Bissaka?! 60m?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have a good feeling that Woodward and judge will end up having the last laugh and looking like bosses by the time the window shuts. The about face this place will do in that event will be quite something.
They would have to bring Sancho and someone else impressive in for that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
That’s where I’ve been for most of this window. Surely we can’t be this shit? I was confident we’d sorted ourselves out. But it’s slowly dawning on me that we may actually just be that shit.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
What difference does it make if we buy him for less then 120 or 120 full ? who cares how much do we pay ? Its not your money its glazers money so hopefully they pay really much them fuken leeches
Because United have a finite amount of money for transfers and we have other areas to fill besides RW??

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Because United have a finite amount of money for transfers and we have other areas to fill besides RW??
Maybe it’s best to spend the money on Sancho and fix the right hand side once and for all. That way we won’t be wasting tens of millions Every year signing lesser players that fail.

DevilRed

Has probably been posted already but:

Slap down the 120m and I think he will kick up a fuss, hand in the transfer request thereby forgoing his piece of the transfer and all loyalty bonuses.

dortmund will have "no choice" but to sell with their hand "forced".

Everyone wins.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s over boys. At least those ITK’s got outed.

el3mel

Doesn't mean it's over at all in my opinion.
Means we're having a potential backup ready... Hopefully one we don't use as his injury record is terrible!
It's not ready actually. Still a lot of work to convince Dembele to come.

MDFC Manager

Dortmund getting bummed by Bayern again. Surely Sancho doesn't want to be a part of that anymore?!

Status
Not open for further replies.