Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's not ready actually. Still a lot of work to convince Dembele to come.
Do you think that he'd actually want to come here though? Unless he's essentially forced to come.
He's turned down Liverpool already and has said that he wants to stay at Barca. So whats the point in going for a player that isn't going to be bothered about playing for us, is likely not going to give it his all and will just go through the motions each week (unless he's injured). Yes i sound negative, but after getting the impression that Dembele really doesn't want to come and has no intention of doing so, if he does come, then it's likely due to being forced and do we really want someone like that in the team?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Do you think that he'd actually want to come here though? Unless he's essentially forced to come.
He's turned down Liverpool already and has said that he wants to stay at Barca. So whats the point in going for a player that isn't going to be bothered about playing for us, is likely not going to give it his all and will just go through the motions each week (unless he's injured). Yes i sound negative, but after getting the impression that Dembele really doesn't want to come and has no intention of doing so, if he does come, then it's likely due to being forced and do we really want someone like that in the team?
he already rejected us over Dortmund and has recently commented saying he’s going to stay at Barca. There’s nothing in the story. Just more united media bollocks to pacify disappointed fans. We are on the way towards messing up yet another golden chance to build some momentum.

MDFC Manager

What's the difference in getting bummed by Bayern and getting bummed by Liverpool?
Umm, he'll be closer to home, closer to his mates. Playing with his England mate Rashford on a weekly basis.

And he'll be earning more.

Not much else :nervous:

el3mel

He probably won't but it doesn't hurt to check any alternatives in the last few days of the market, even if it doesn't happen. Better than nothing.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
he already rejected us over Dortmund and has recently commented saying he’s going to stay at Barca. There’s nothing in the story. Just more united media bollocks to pacify disappointed fans. We are on the way towards messing up yet another golden chance to build some momentum.
Thats the problem i have, he's already rejected Liverpool, who at quite probably a lot more attractive than we are at the moment (I feel dirty saying that, but it's likely true :( ) in favour of staying at Barca and fighting for his spot. If thats the case, what chance do we have of signing him?? Unless he's forced out, not much at all. It does feel like this is an attempt at forcing Dortmunds hand regarding Sancho, and if it's true that Sancho is pushing for a move, then it'd make sense.

He probably won't but it doesn't hurt to check any alternatives in the last few days of the market, even if it doesn't happen. Better than nothing.
Completely agree, he would be better than nothing, it's just his injury record that concerns me. Do we really want another player who's constantly injured and the sorts? What would be the point in signing someone, even on loan, if they're likely to spend a large majority of the season out injured? His record suggests that's the most likely thing to happen unfortunately

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Tomorrow or Friday we’ll hear the big news about this one happening.. almost there folks

Fooza

It won't happen but we still have a few days to have that sense of hope till the dream will be finally over. We won't get Dembele either

Giggsy13

Has it occurred to anyone that he may have turned down the dippers because he wouldn’t be guaranteed playing time competing with Salah? I’m sure that will be twisted by a few into another knock on his character.

It’s quite possible that he’s excited at the prospect of playing with Martial and Pogba and feels that he’d have more chances of re-establishing himself on our team.

Crustanoid

Well, I don't like it as well but they do own it...Don't you think they should be able to do whatever they want with their property?
Yep neither do I (you can probably tell). But even though they ‘own’ us their property only holds its value because of the fans. So, apologies, no I don’t think they should get to do what they want

Crustanoid

Could we play Sancho right wing, and Dembele right right wing-like an extra man? We could be the right winger crew

ravi2

It won't happen but we still have a few days to have that sense of hope till the dream will be finally over. We won't get Dembele either
This is the likeliest scenario given what we've seen in the last few years. Ed is placing lowball bids with BVB which he knows they wouldn't accept to fool the fanbase into thinking he is actually trying for Sancho. Now he is trying to get Dembele or Chiesa on loan because the Glazers dont want to spend the money. Our net spend is 5th this summer with Arsenal right behind us.

If things proceed in this manner we'll end up 5th or 6th, Ed will fire Ole for not making top 4 and the cycle repeats itself. I would like to be proven wrong about this but my gut tells me I will not.

MUEASC84

Dembele started to follow sancho on Instagram and a few other players.....it’s so happening

croadyman

This is the likeliest scenario given what we've seen in the last few years. Ed is placing lowball bids with BVB which he knows they wouldn't accept to fool the fanbase into thinking he is actually trying for Sancho. Now he is trying to get Dembele or Chiesa on loan because the Glazers dont want to spend the money. Our net spend is 5th this summer with Arsenal right behind us.

If things proceed in this manner we'll end up 5th or 6th, Ed will fire Ole for not making top 4 and the cycle repeats itself. I would like to be proven wrong about this but my gut tells me I will not.
Determined to remain positive until Monday because things can still happen in the next few days and that's what will be keeping me going

Hoof the ball

The likely scenario :-

- Decide to get Sancho next summer. Loan Perisic from Inter.
- Come back for Sancho next summer only for him to join someone else. Sign Sarr instead.

Just kidding. There's only one fecking likely outcome, and that's Sancho wearing the no.7 this season!

Giggsy13

Our interest in Dembele seems concrete as per Romano so I think the Sancho deal is close to dead.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Our interest in Dembele seems concrete as per Romano so I think the Sancho deal is close to dead.
Dont be surprised if this is another negotiation tactic, as we likely know Dembele has no interest in coming here, and it's very unlikely Barca will accept any kind of loan deal... they'd want a full on sale so they can buy someone else.
Sancho deal is far from dead yet, i imagine it'll go down to the wire

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It would be fun if Ed offers 120 mil now and Dortmund say; price now is 140 mil because we don't have time for buying replacement

Gerrardian Slip

Not saying this man has the Answers, but Jan Åge Fjørtoft and Alfie Haaland (Braut Haalands dad) were both in the studio for the game tonight as pundits. They talked about Solskjærs post match interview were the reporter asked him about Sancho. Fjørtoft gave the transfer an 8% chance of happening. They both also critized the clubs way of handling negotiations.

Chief123

After the emergence of Mata, do we even need this guy?
I’ve already got mates on whatsapp getting giddy about Mata’s performance tonight. The fact that he looks great against reserve teams in the Carabo cup doesn’t hide the fact he’s literally missing in big Premier league games where he’s bullied off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.